Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Projects are out!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Doing output 1, would it be correct to place the brief in the center and then do maybe 5 boxes around it detailing history, appearance etc.?

Btw is this a 6th year thing? Because Im in 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Conor108 wrote: »
    Doing output 1, would it be correct to place the brief in the center and then do maybe 5 boxes around it detailing history, appearance etc.?

Btw is this a 6th year thing? Because Im in 5th

Whatever you want, thats one method, theres as many as you want!

Yep, it is, a leaving cert prject, for the final year, maybe your teacher is giving it to you for the practice!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

xbox36016 wrote: »
    autocad i ****ing hate useing it
    ....AUTOCAD!!!
    ....ITS nothing like solidworks and of little or no benefit for DCG!!!...I have both and while it has its uses its really not suitable for the course or project..the command system is completly different and its not capable of the "photorealistic images" drawing anything in 3d is waay more complex!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 eoinkk

Y dnt people post up sum ideas of thier docking stations!!!!!!! Save them as a pic in solidworks nd put dem up!!!!! It wil give people ideas nd also help u!!!!! Heres a few ipods i did which can b used in the photorealistic view as an add-in!!!!!

Ipod Nano.jpg

ipod.jpg

eoinkk wrote: »
    Y dnt people post up sum ideas of thier docking stations!!!!!!! Save them as a pic in solidworks nd put dem up!!!!! It wil give people ideas nd also help u!!!!! Heres a few ipods i did which can b used in the photorealistic view as an add-in!!!!!

Ipod Nano.jpg

ipod.jpg

Nice, howd ya get the pics on the ipod screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Anybody got any decent pics of a gramophone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xXxhotstuff xXx

i am completely lost as to what has to go into the 1st two pages and i only have one more class to finish them, all i have done is chosen the docking station i want to do and thats it.. PLEASE HELP!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 GaryB

i am completely lost as to what has to go into the 1st two pages and i only have one more class to finish them, all i have done is chosen the docking station i want to do and thats it.. PLEASE HELP!!

I'm more or less in the same boat, doing the OL assignment though.

What is expected in terms of applying your exploration of the brief into the folder? Should you note your thought process in output 1?
    I'm pretty OK with the presentation of the 'existing artefacts in graphical format' just going to note the important milestones in a cycle and develop the remote from when it was 1st used in the 1950's

Does this approach seem right? And opinions on the exploration of brief part are much appreciated...

On da first two pages just do da timeline nd also the features dat r on docking station/remote control!!!!!!! Also write bout y were dey made!!!!!!!

timmywex wrote: »
    Nice, howd ya get the pics on the ipod screen?
    Use photoworks on solidworks to put on da pictures on ur part!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

so does anyone have a date for the first mp3 player docking station yet?
    i have more or less all of output 1 complete bar a date for first docking station.

so does anyone have a date for the first mp3 player docking station yet?
    i have more or less all of output 1 complete bar a date for first docking station.

Cant find one for definite, the first dock conneter was put on the ipod third generation, so i presume some time soon after that was brought out

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Cant find one for definite, the first dock conneter was put on the ipod third generation, so i presume some time soon after that was brought out
    cheers for that anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Remote control is ordinary level, docking station is higher level, you have to decide which level you are doing now afaik!

That drawing aint bad! Whats modifications will you make to it? Or a new concept design? Nice docking station tbh, what make/model is it? easy to draw freehand and all the rest aswell, may look into that some day now, ive been looking at the first few pages moreso.
    Cheers,found it searching,only rough dimensions though,,
    http://www.notcot.com/archives/2007/10/vers_review.php
    Paddy001 wrote: »
    I emailed and got a reply!
    Yeah me too...
    Yeh, ogt a reply telling ya to **** off and stop nicking their designs!
    Exactly,just phrased more nicely
    He "has been advised due to their confidentiality, further detailed measurements are not available". Ah well.... Suppose with length breadth and height it could be done fairly accurate from photos

Copy and paste from what i got :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Emz*

do we really need 2 put n da dates since dar so new an all??

Anybody know where to find the sample one with the camera on the net or does anybody have it and they can email it?

Anybody know where to find the sample one with the camera on the net or does anybody have it and they can email it?

Ive nevr been able to find it on the net.

Our teacher is giving it to us, we have the first 2 pages atm.

I can scan it on in school and email it on to ya, wont be till monday prob though. Or i can try it at home, im not sure i have an a3 scanner though.

Pm me you email anyway and ill try send the first 2 pages on and will send the rest when i get them. Anyone else wanting them just pm your email aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I have the PDF, Pm your email and I'll send it on to you.

Does nybody have output 1 finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Does nybody have output 1 finished

Will be finishing that Today
    Edit:Qwerty? i'll pm you too!

• Advertisement

We're just about finished the second page of output 2 now, moving onto output 3 tomorrow.

We're just about finished the second page of output 2 now, moving onto output 3 tomorrow.
    Are ye aloud do ur project at home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 GaryB

Are ye aloud do ur project at home!

Technically no, but sure who's watching? :D

GaryB wrote: »
    Technically no, but sure who's watching? :D

I am.

I am.

how much pages for output one

how much pages for output one

i was talking about doing the project at home, that im watching! Haven't it finished yet

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sheehy898

You cant do it at home as all work has to be done under your individual student id account on yours school's network.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

How are you arranging the exploration of existing artefacts???

So how's it going for everybody?

• Advertisement

Ah not too bad at all! Will be done the first 3 outputs by christmas at least, then will do all the solidworks stuff over christmas, come back and it should take a week or so to reproduce. Pending the school is open with all these cutbacks and the like! Then the modding part shoudl take 2 weeks, hopefully and ill be finished just before the mocks, or thats the plan anyway

Advertisement