Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left 4 Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

The new content is out today, anyone get it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Nothing showing up on my steam account?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

What new content? Will it stop noobs from ruining my co-op games?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

What new content? Will it stop noobs from ruining my co-op games?

Nothing can stop the noobs, their number, is too great...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Haven't played L4D in about a month, tell us more about this new content?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/new-left-4-dead-dlc-released-today
    Valve has announced the next batch of downloadable content for Left 4 Dead will be released today.

The Xbox 360 version of the Survival Pack is due to launch at around 2am PST, which is 10am GMT in the old money. The PC version will follow at some point later in the day.

The pack is free to download, hooray. It will introduce a new multiplayer mode titled Survival plus two Versus mode campaigns.

After dipping my toes into the polluted cesspool that is the steam forums, apparently the new content was released on Xbox 360 first (WTF?) and is coming on steam later today.

Essentially its versus mode for Dead Air and Death Toll, and the new Survival mode. The biggest news, in my opinion, is that they are releasing the SDK today as well - roll on new maps!

Also, lol:
    - Valve will launch “matchmaking 2.0.” This will have more impact on Steam than 360, since Valve maintains the PC servers in-house and has mountains of data on rage quits to cull through.

Details here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=817968

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Roll on In-Game Rule 34 Mods....

Stephen wrote: »
    After dipping my toes into the polluted cesspool that is the steam forums, apparently the new content was released on Xbox 360 first (WTF?) and is coming on steam later today.

Essentially its versus mode for Dead Air and Death Toll, and the new Survival mode. The biggest news, in my opinion, is that they are releasing the SDK today as well - roll on new maps!

Also, lol:

Details here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=817968

BOFH_139 wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

You can already play Death Toll/Death Air VS mode by using the follow command:

callvote changemission smalltown/airport

Though it sometimes causes the server to shut down.

Yeah, and those maps aren't tweaked to be balanced in vs mode.

Also, the new content hasn't hit steam yet :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

I wonder what kind of maps we'll see people make - probably crap brightly light cubic ones with little or no consideration put toward the atmosphere of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Lies, all lies i tell ye! This is great actually, because I only woke up there at half 6. Haha.

Lol, 34 pages and counting of RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE that the DLC has not yet been released: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844247

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Stephen wrote: »
    Lol, 34 pages and counting of RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE that the DLC has not yet been released: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844247

Probably will not be released for another hour or so yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

360 DLC is released onto the marketplace by MS, so Valve would have had to submit it to them so they can release it. For PC they release it themselves, during their work day, their time zone.

Been playin' it on 360 today, good fun, Dead Air > Death Toll, Survival is intense.
    Playing some people from Valve tomorrow on Death Toll :pac:

Its out now \o/
    Valve wrote:
    The Left 4 Dead Survival Pack is now available for the PC and Xbox 360, free of charge to all owners of the game. The full change list for the PC release is below. In addition, both the retail and Steam versions of the game (PC and 360) are now available for a special price. Check Steam and local retailers for pricing details. For more information about L4D, please visit www.l4d.com

Survival Mode

New gameplay Mode

16 maps including Last Stand

Leaderboards

7 new achievements

Versus Changes

Fixed a case where versus team score would continue to be recalculated after the score panel was displayed

Fixed an issue with recalculating the versus score health bonus for a player when they are rescued from being incapacitated

Fixed being able to start a swing as an infected, then teleport to the survivors and have the claw swing hit a survivor

Fixed a case where teleporting to the survivors would not reset the ability timer

Fixed an exploit where you could load the chamber of a weapon with bullets by holding down the melee key

Fixed a case where it was not possible to join a game while it was in a finale

Fixed a rare case where listen servers would speed up the game over time

Removed convars related to melee fatigue

Fixed a case where infected players would get a respawn time on their initial spawn into a map

Server Changes

Made ms_force_dedicated_server not require cheats

Add a message when queuing a heartbeat

Simplified setting of game mode

Removed convars director_no_human_zombies and director_holdout_mode

Added mp_gamemode [coop,versus,survival]

General

Added lobby join and leave messages

• Registered Users Posts: 17,740 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Whoah survival mode is hard. I was so close to getting a bronze completition time got 3:58 and then a tank threw me across the map.

I tried survival a few times last night, my best time was only around 3:40. Bloody muppet teammates kept shooting my strategically placed petrol cans when there was no tanks nearby, just regular horde zombies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So am I right that it's just you besieged vs. waves of zombies, all set against a timer?

Hmmm with the SDK out, it'd be awesome to do that concept, but with Giger's Aliens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Got Silver about 3 times last night, nearest to gold was 8mins....but that was with 2 random public

Will have to get a hardcore team organised tonight to demolish the gold :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,894 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Going to be on Steam playing this tonight if anyone is up for a game.

Deffo man, there was about 8 of us on last night playin,,,,i think Azza or Telegere hosted the server...and we were all on vent too....all up till 4am...was brilliant :D:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just downloading l4d on my new comp, might play some games with some of you. Haven't played it apart from a few days straight when it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

what type of new computer did u get?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,894 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Deffo man, there was about 8 of us on last night playin,,,,i think Azza or Telegere hosted the server...and we were all on vent too....all up till 4am...was brilliant :D:)

Yeah I had to go out but I saw a few of you's still on there at 3.30 when I got home :) Was Telegere up to his old usain bolt tactics for beating levels?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

magick wrote: »
    what type of new computer did u get?

Bought one from a gaming cafe.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 (4MB L2 Cache)
    Patriot PC6400 (800MHz)
    nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS
    19'' Cibox C1905 Widescreen TFT 5ms
    X7 1000DPI Gaming Mouse(gonna use my razer deathadder anyway)
    Zboard Merc Keyboard

350e

I like :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah I had to go out but I saw a few of you's still on there at 3.30 when I got home :) Was Telegere up to his old usain bolt tactics for beating levels?

No, pretty hard to aswell as we were playin the new levels...mental ..theyre great though :)

Good game of versus on Dead Air this evening with a bunch of boards.ie regulars :)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Make sure (if you aren't already) that you join the boards.ie steam group.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/boards_ie

We have four servers tied to the group, three of which are Irish based (so low pings) and I know for sure that all three of the Irish servers are setup to run any game mode including survival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

koneko wrote: »
    Playing some people from Valve tomorrow on Death Toll :pac:

Booyah! Beat them at their own game. /does a little dance

Advertisement