Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left 4 Dead

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was a good game last night. I'm really rusty so I let you's down a couple of times but at least you weren't screaming at me like the annoying americans :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

went to play this with a friend of mine last night (1st time in months) and all the horrible things from the game still remained :(

Aaages trying to find a dedicated server. The voice chat system when used in the lobby causing the game to crash. When finally getting onto a server, we end up on a team with one idiot who would keep running off ahead and leaving team mates in the gutter with hunters and smokers on them. (Of course we'd then have to rescue his ass since he constantly then get the **** kicked out of him for being on his own) We tried to kick vote the guy but despite having been left to die a number of times by this idiot, our other team mate refused to kick him for reasons unknown. :rolleyes:

We usually have a group of 4 together before we go online but we thought we'd give it a try....

never again lol.

Think I'll give it a few days, we played from 9pm to midnight and half that time was spent waiting in a lobby...

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Its a great multiplayer with the right team and versus similarily skilled opposition. Its very unenjoybale otherwise.

Glad I found this thread, will be good to play on Irish servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Whats with the servers these days, everytime i go on to find a lobby it never finds a dedicated server. Have to then join some random started pub game. Even when you have friend only games(where the game excells at) it is still difficult to find a server

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Is hammer out now for L4D??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Tried playing last night with a couple of friends. Tried for almost half an hour to get onto a dedicated server but eventually gave up and hosted it locally (mmmm ~370 pings). I quite like the new Survival mode from what little actually gameplay we had. Can't wait to play it on LAN. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played survival mode for a little while last night and seems fun and intense - didn't do too well though, managed five mins on one of the maps but only 3 and a half on Last Stand. Oh well, will play more when I have something resembling proper free time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Is hammer out now for L4D??

As far as I am aware, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Wtf is the story with the high pings? No deds etc... Its been like this for two days now. The game is unplayable IMO. It thinks you are in a different country from what i can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Dunno, worked fine for me and everyone in the game I was in last night.

Koneko, were you on that eurogamer team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

I dunno I don't really like survival mode I find it boring and repetitive, I'd still rather a game of co-op or versus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Stephen wrote: »
    Koneko, were you on that eurogamer team?

Yep!
    Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    I dunno I don't really like survival mode I find it boring and repetitive, I'd still rather a game of co-op or versus.

I prefer Versus too, but Survival is really good when you've got a good team going. Frantic stuff, really crazy, and really quick compared to getting a full Versus game going. Few minutes here and there, blast some zombies, niiiiice. Plus everyone loves high scores, right? :D Something terribly addictive about trying to beat your own scores (or those of friends).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Had a go of this last night.

I must say, for 15mins with a bit of lag and playing with the pub, it rocked!
    Deffo need to get a game going with some mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

We need a Reclaim the Roofs protests for Hunters.

6 months to fix the 2 new maps and all they did was add invisable walls. Its bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Wtf is the story with the high pings? No deds etc... Its been like this for two days now. The game is unplayable IMO. It thinks you are in a different country from what i can see.

Join via the browser then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Eww, the browser. I usually dont quick join in any game, but that browser doesnt seem to like me! Ill give it a go again I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The only use i really get out of the browser is to set it to auto-join a friends game if theyre full....set it to auto-join ...go down and make some tea .....ragequitters usually are always about...then it puts ye in straight away :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

2 days dling this and im only 45%. Steam suxxor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

I need to get this. I played it a few times on the xBox and it was great fun, I'd love to play it properly multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭death1234567

I got this for £14 from asda and its great. Really good fun and exciting. Online is a must though not for single player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,914 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

can someone help explain wtf is going on here?

281zk8y.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

LOL! Sorry man haven't a clue what that's all about...but I want some of what whoever made that is smoking! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 81,914 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

i was reading the Metacritic reviews and they suggest something about a player being able to be the AI director? How do I do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Overheal wrote: »
    can someone help explain wtf is going on here?

281zk8y.jpg

Aside from missing an in-joke related to Left 4 Dead which I'm oblivious to, it's the progression of a relationship with a woman, and instead of Mario proceeding through the level as he would do, he's running backwards. Alcohol (the cloud ledge) is the only way to get to the relationship (sex) ledge. Pretty funny chop. Where'd you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

The smoker is Unwanted Pregnancy, which drags you straight to the marriage ledge.

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

A few shots to the unwanted pregnancy smoker usually does the trick

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Fixed that picture for everyone so it makes sense.

fix.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Is there a boards.ie L4D or even Steam names list? Just wondering as I generally play with a crowd from a different forum but it would be nice to kill zombies (or survivors) with some Irish people for a change.

P.S. Steam ID: antarbolaeisk (in case you would like to add me)

Edit: Hrrrm, it appears I cannot read, the info I'm looking for is on the first page :o

Edit Edit: Perhaps I am going blind or my search skills have failed me but I cannot find this fabled baords.ie Steam Group....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Overheal wrote: »
    i was reading the Metacritic reviews and they suggest something about a player being able to be the AI director? How do I do that?
    that's in zombie master, a free HL mod.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Yeah there is is a Steam group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/boards_ie

There's quite a lot of guys from Boards who play regularly.

Advertisement