Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left 4 Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Ah, that would be why I couldn't find it, I was looking in the boards.ie social groups :o

Thanks for the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Anyone fancy a few games of this on Xbox tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Archimedes wrote: »
    Anyone fancy a few games of this on Xbox tonight?

What time you playing at?

No but I would on the PC, I can be added via handily clickable steam icon in my sig :)

Also, for those who do play L4D on the PC there's a map called Death Abroad which is really quite polished and very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

ah so there is modded maps out? Did that mall map ever come out?

• Advertisement

No but I believe it's due out shortly.

Also, rage quitters can really ruin a good game :( Steam should have some sort of rating system where rqers get black marks against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

No but I believe it's due out shortly.

Heh, I remember thats what the guy said when I was looking at a youtube video of the map WEEKS before L4D was even released ...

But at least other people are doing stuff, I'll check it out, n1.

Just looking and apparantly it'll be released in July sometime. He'll probably have it done just in time for Left 4 Dead 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

There is a steam server that comes up on my list thats says 1/18 people???? This a bug?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    There is a steam server that comes up on my list thats says 1/18 people???? This a bug?

Possibly not. Si told me yesterday, in between grief racing, that he was on a 5v5 versus server. With like an extra Zoey and someone else. Some kind of mod perhaps. Or a bug. You should join it from the server browser and check it out.

• Advertisement

There's an 8v8 mod which is just sheer madness, perhaps that's what you saw?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

The other slots were probably for spectators. And yes, it is madness.

Maximilian wrote: »
    Possibly not. Si told me yesterday, in between grief racing, that he was on a 5v5 versus server. With like an extra Zoey and someone else. Some kind of mod perhaps. Or a bug. You should join it from the server browser and check it out.

I joined it and all the survivors are dead and you cant do anything.. strange.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I joined it and all the survivors are dead and you cant do anything.. strange.

Yeah that's the Pessimism Mod. Not much fun apparently. Goal is to find Pills and well, you know what happens next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 _si_

Yeah that's the Pessimism Mod. Not much fun apparently. Goal is to find Pills and well, you know what happens next.

Chances are it was the No Mercy finale, Marsh had been there, and all the bodies were in the elevator shaft.

It's called awesome racing, not grief racing :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duOostAHxLg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Eurogamer wrote:
    Valve has revealed, via its Left 4 Dead blog, that it will update the PC version of Left 4 Dead with the ability to create and view user-made campaigns and maps this week.

The Steam update will officially release the Authoring Tools - which have been in beta testing for a few weeks already - and allow everybody to play community campaigns easily. All you need to do is download a single .vpk file and drop it into a folder on your machine, and then select it from an "add-ons" menu option in-game.

Add-on support has been added to the game's matchmaking system, and if you invite friends who don't have the custom map installed, they'll be automatically offered an option to download it.

There's no exact date on the update, but Valve expects to release it this week.

finally \o/

here's the blog post: http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=2599

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Oh FFS. The music.
    *shakes head sadly*

hums "You're the best arooooound"

Very funny but you do realise it's meant to be the other way around :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Jumpy wrote: »
    hums "You're the best arooooound"
    This is now my ringtone. Im awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

An update is coming out for L4D hopefully tonight. Lots of server management type changes by the looks of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Updates gone live:

Client:
    - Removed an infinite ammo exploit for molotovs

Add-on Campaign Support:
    - Players download third party campaigns as single .VPK file
    - Players can manage and select add-on maps and campaigns via game UI
    - Added matchmaking support and download/update prompt for add-on campaigns
    - Custom campaign support in Leader boards
    - If not already registered, left4dead.exe registers .VPK extension to allow automatic install of add-ons
    - Servers and the steam API have been extended to allow servers to send up a list of keys for matchmaking up to 1200 bytes in size

Left 4 Dead Authoring Tools:
    - Fixed missing fgd error
    - Added vpk.exe command line tool for extracting, creating, and appending .VPK files
    - Removed info_versus (not used)
    - Added info_gamemode which fires outputs for Coop, Versus or Survival depending on what game mode the map is loaded in
    - Updated tutorial_standards example map, repackaged as 'Dead Line' campaign example add-on
    - Sample content now includes source files for official maps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 _si_

Still no 4 vs 4 versus matchmaking.....useless.

Let me guess, they've already got the likely simple code for this feature written and tested, but instead of realeasing this improvement and others like it as soon as they're ready, they're going to let them trickle out gradually to give the impression of ongoing support to l4d.

There's some sort of bug now as well that messes with the pistol model and gives basically infinite ammo with no reload.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Updates gone live:

Client:
    - Removed an infinite ammo exploit for molotovs

Add-on Campaign Support:
    - Players download third party campaigns as single .VPK file
    - Players can manage and select add-on maps and campaigns via game UI
    - Added matchmaking support and download/update prompt for add-on campaigns
    - Custom campaign support in Leader boards
    - If not already registered, left4dead.exe registers .VPK extension to allow automatic install of add-ons
    - Servers and the steam API have been extended to allow servers to send up a list of keys for matchmaking up to 1200 bytes in size

Left 4 Dead Authoring Tools:
    - Fixed missing fgd error
    - Added vpk.exe command line tool for extracting, creating, and appending .VPK files
    - Removed info_versus (not used)
    - Added info_gamemode which fires outputs for Coop, Versus or Survival depending on what game mode the map is loaded in
    - Updated tutorial_standards example map, repackaged as 'Dead Line' campaign example add-on
    - Sample content now includes source files for official maps

I dunno how you managed it but you're missing the second line, i.e.:
    The team swapping issue in Versus has been fixed
    Which is very welcome as it can absolutely destroy a match when the game decides to start bouncing players between teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Poor triple-s, I warned him that he was going to get locked in :)

Ye he still ran in anyway! Dunno how we didnt kill them though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I cant keep track of you guys anymore, what is with the Dr names?

There was nothing wrong with Captain Lampshade. Even if you werent.

Thats only Max, new doctor name every day

Theres good matches on nearly every night, need more ppl on though as its hard to get 4v4 friends only.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thats only Max, new doctor name every day

Theres good matches on nearly every night, need more ppl on though as its hard to get 4v4 friends only.
    Is it Pc or Xbox? I want to start playing this more on the Pc, as i never really got stuck in when i bought it.

Advertisement