Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Eemia wrote: »
    Hey everyone, more a lurker here then a poster, think i posted a few times!

I got goal about a year and half ago after loosing nearly 2 stone. I recently went back to WW (last thurs) after not being there since Sept 30th and am 3lbs over my goal weight but i went on myself and lost more so im 7.5lbs over MY goal weight so giving PP a shot instead of the old pts and bit confused but have found a few nice recipes on this thread along the way.

I just want to say to everyone here, ye are brilliant for motivation for each other, for the ups and downs. Ye are also great at advice, i have picked up many a trick here while reading so i just want to say thanks :D

My BF brought me out for dinner Sat night, went to Lemongrass its a thai and id 10dailies left and 45weeklys - id duck pancakes and chicken stir fry done in ginger and spring onion and fried rice. Does anyone know the PP, think i am covered in 55? I haven't a clue seeing i am only new to this, finding meal planning hard enough and same yday when we were out i wasn't sure what to pick i am still in old point mode :o

Good for you, only being 3lbs over your goal after so long. Looks like WW worked well for you & you have trained your head to make the right choices. Sorry, can't help with the chinese, but just wanted to say good luck with getting back to the weight you were & propoints are great when you get into them.

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    In spite of my saying yesterday afternoon that I would be good for the rest of the week, I totally went on a complete BINGE last night :(:( I don't know why but I suddenly got the urge and nothing could fill me up or make me stop :( I didn't even point the stuff and I defo had no weeklies left :( So I will defo be up on Thursday :(:(:( Going to work really hard for the next three days to try and limit some of the damage.

I don't know what is with me these last few weeks. I feel like I'm trying so hard but at times, I just fall completely off the wagon! It's like the nearer I get to goal, the further away from it I get it!

I had one of those nights on Saturday night. I think with me it is boredom, sitting in the house all night while my husband is on nightshift. I was back on track again yesterday, so hopefully you'll get back to it again from today. Good luck. You're nearly there.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

hi everyone :) so we had the communion at the weekend. did fine on saturday points wise but we had a party yesterday and i was picking all day. didnt get a dinner so was really hungry. but im not too annoyed over it cos started again today. didnt exercise since thursday cos got the fake tan done on friday so couldnt exercise that day, the communion was saturday and the party yesterday. so going to start that again too today. so hopefully wont have done too much damage. but im proud of myself cos this is the first time i have fell off the wagon and im 1lb away from ww goal. so WI on Wednesday will tell all :o

SAexpat wrote: »
    I have had a bad run lately. I stopped going to WW because I was away for a week and did not go back. I am not working and find that €10 a week is a lot for just a weigh in as basically that is all we get, the leader is uninspiring to say the least! You guys on here are far better!
    However I am battling to stay on it, I am very good all day, track and budget my point , but come evening or weekend , I seem to go mad. After dinner all I want to do is snack and it is the same over the weekend. I also have a husband who is always nagging me to bake, he has an awful sweet tooth. I admit I enjoy baking , for me it is a form of therapy! :) Stress relief! and needless to say I nibble to on what has been baked!

Last week the battery in my digital kitchen scale went flat and I cant seem to get the same battery. So hence , could not even weigh my food ! Some chemist said they would try and order it, but when it will come, I don't know!

Not much walking done either over the last two weeks with the miserable weather we have been having so generally falling apart diet wise.

Please any suggestions on how to get back in the game, as I feel so yucky everytime I get dressed and stand in front of the mirror!

help......!

Coming on here shows that you still want to stick with it, so at least your head is in the right place! First, get the scales fixed or buy a new set, have you looked online to see if you can source a battery? Evenings used to be my downfall too, after the kids are in bed. Now, instead of eating with them at 5pm, I would have a bowl of soup then & have my dinner later, about 7pm, so that I'm not ravenous at 9pm & raiding the cupboards. I always make sure I have about 6pp left for a supper every night so I don't feel deprived. Can't do much about the weather, I'm fed up with it too. I'm supposed to be calling into my Dad's office this morning (I do their Inland Revenue returns), but looking out at all the rain is putting me off even driving in town, when I should really be walking! And, with the baking, can you give away the stuff to anyone? - that's what I do - my parents, my brother & family, my husbands work. I even sent a tin of Roses to work with my husband last week to get them out of the house! I find that if the weather is good, my motivation is much better, so hopefully the sun will come back & we'll feel better about losing this weight. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

fofany wrote: »
    Coming on here shows that you still want to stick with it, so at least your head is in the right place! First, get the scales fixed or buy a new set, have you looked online to see if you can source a battery? Evenings used to be my downfall too, after the kids are in bed. Now, instead of eating with them at 5pm, I would have a bowl of soup then & have my dinner later, about 7pm, so that I'm not ravenous at 9pm & raiding the cupboards. I always make sure I have about 6pp left for a supper every night so I don't feel deprived. Can't do much about the weather, I'm fed up with it too. I'm supposed to be calling into my Dad's office this morning (I do their Inland Revenue returns), but looking out at all the rain is putting me off even driving in town, when I should really be walking! And, with the baking, can you give away the stuff to anyone? - that's what I do - my parents, my brother & family, my husbands work. I even sent a tin of Roses to work with my husband last week to get them out of the house! I find that if the weather is good, my motivation is much better, so hopefully the sun will come back & we'll feel better about losing this weight. Good luck.

Thanks Tofany! I have ordered a battery, hope it arrives soon otherwise I will buy a cheapy in the meantime. I have been thinking that maybe the way to go,,,, is to find stuff to bake that I dont really like.. and bring in biscuits etc that my husband and daughter like. I hate jaffa cakes, and oreos and sure there must be lots more.... and yes if the baking need arrises I can give it away.. good point!
    I think a lot of it is boredom, you head for the fridge. I was not half as bad when I was working as my evening were busy! You are doing great by the way! thanks for the reply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

i can't stick to this at all at the min , tesco's is literally 30 meters away from our apartment ( no joking ) so im always over there getting a bar of chocalate and crisps , sick of it to be honest

ive lost 17lbs in 21 months and im a guy of 20 stone , i should have dropped way way more and im sick of it , the weekends are killer because during the week i work and come home and look after the baby and eat good then , but the weekend you have too much time on your hands thats my problem and that im a lazy fecker , need a serious boost from today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

oh gang....just got the "i'm just not ready to start seeing someone" text from your man!

but you know what....feck it....more time for MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

had the yummiest breakfast!

Readybrek 40g + 160ml skimmed milk = 5pp
    And after it was microwaved added a ww dessert recipe yoghurt for 1pp.......oh YUM!

Back into the excercise full force today! Weight today, Cardio tomorrow, wednesday off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Lost it this weekend. So many old bad habits crept back in. It was back to the days of "secret eating". The OH went home ot his parents on Friday and I had the day off. I had to get up at 8:30 to wait for the UPC man who never fúcking showed, and I literally did nothing but eat. I grazed for the entire day and I gave up trying to point stuff about halfway through. Saturday was ok because I had work and yesterday I just didn't bother pointing. My water intake has been minimal the past few days. I just feel bleh...I'm a bit constipated (and yes I know that the water will help move things along) but I haven't been forcing myself to drink much. My weigh in is tomorrow evening and I can't see me being anything other than up. Think its time for a trip to the chemist. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Brenville wrote: »
    Has anyone had anyone get to goal at their meeting. I have been going for 8 months now and in that time no one has reached goal Does anyone stick to it
    yep a few when I joined before!
    i can't stick to this at all at the min , tesco's is literally 30 meters away from our apartment ( no joking ) so im always over there getting a bar of chocalate and crisps , sick of it to be honest

ive lost 17lbs in 21 months and im a guy of 20 stone , i should have dropped way way more and im sick of it , the weekends are killer because during the week i work and come home and look after the baby and eat good then , but the weekend you have too much time on your hands thats my problem and that im a lazy fecker , need a serious boost from today
    you might need a hobby or something to take up your time over the weekend, head out on saturday or sunday and do some walking we try and get out with all the kids to a forest and do some hill walking, my DH has a carrier for our toddler and I carry the baby in one, you could get one of those as well, great for working you that little bit harder and shedding the weight. just dont give up a little shake up and you can do it 17 pounds is great well done:)
    Lady Lainy wrote: »
    oh gang....just got the "i'm just not ready to start seeing someone" text from your man!

but you know what....feck it....more time for MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!h
    your dead right, bummer but his loss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Hi All,

Not a great weekend for me but not too bad either. Just wanted to share a few food finds

The So Juicy chicken things with the bag and the seasoning, really tasty and 0 point way to do a chicken breast - Easy too

Superquinn 1/2 fat cheddar cheese - only 1 propoint a slice and really good cheese, not like that horrible WW stuff that tastes like potatoes.

M&S Raspberry/Chocolate Iced Frapee (Count on us range) only 3 pps but really tasty

Finally, Kids Pittas, not sure the brand but I got them in dunnes, they're mini oval pittas but only 2 pro-points each and great for lunch or with soup. If you toast them and then mealt a cheese slice on them under the grill they're yum and a cheese toasty for only 3 propoints!

• Advertisement

Baby75 wrote: »
    yep a few when I joined before!

you might need a hobby or something to take up your time over the weekend, head out on saturday or sunday and do some walking we try and get out with all the kids to a forest and do some hill walking, my DH has a carrier for our toddler and I carry the baby in one, you could get one of those as well, great for working you that little bit harder and shedding the weight. just dont give up a little shake up and you can do it 17 pounds is great well done:)

your dead right, bummer but his loss :)

i do he's my son ha ha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Oh god! Ive had such a bad few days. Jus totally was in the mood of " i dont care anymore, im hungry and il eat what i want!" LOADS of drink this wkend too, wasnt too bad really food wise till yeat, just ate so much. Thanks god i had some soup made so that mite have made a bit of difference. Cant go to WI this week either, might be better tho, give me more time to get back onto the right track! Realy need to cop on, only down 6lbs and need to lose another stone at least! Oi!Monday blues me thinks!

I'm really not trying to be a smart arse but you can't really expect it to work for you if you're "always over there getting a bar of chocolate and crisps". Its all about the choices we make. I did it myself this weekend. I made really bad choices and because of that I'm going to be up tomorrow night. However, it will be a lesson learned for me and I won't do it next week because I know what will happen. We all slip from time to time but if you're going to eat crap every weekend then you're not going to lose the weight. Its that simple. There's no point in giving out about how you're sick of WW when the plan isn't the problem.

WW isn't going to make the weight fall off you, you have to do it for yourself. Going to shop to buy chocolate and crisps is your decision and nobody elses and if you're not going to try then you're not going to succeed.

Again, I'm not trying to be a smart arse at all, I just think every now and then we could all do with a bit of a reality check.

Tmeos wrote: »

The So Juicy chicken things with the bag and the seasoning, really tasty and 0 point way to do a chicken breast - Easy too

Are you sure this is 0pp? The Knorr 'Shake and Bake' (exactly the same thing) is 3pp for the packet.

Looks like we're all suffering from reaching for the snacks when we're bored. It's stopped raining here now, so I'm going to get out of the house for a while. Haven't much time as I have the first school pickup in less than 2 hrs.

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Are you sure this is 0pp? The Knorr 'Shake and Bake' (exactly the same thing) is 3pp for the packet.

I'm just pointing a few at the moment on tesco!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1halfstone

Hi guys,
    Been following you all on here for quite some time. Really gonna try hard this week. I am new to this so be gentle. I have a few things on this week, im meeting friends for dinner on thursday, going out for a party on fri ngiht where htere will be booze and sun im meeting another friend for a few drinks and maybe some food.
    Is this even possible to do and still lose weight on ww?
    Im gonna be lookin to you guys all week for help, advice, info etc. You are all so good to each other, its a really friendly helpful enviromnent.
    EEEEkkkkk.
    35pp a day!

1halfstone wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Been following you all on here for quite some time. Really gonna try hard this week. I am new to this so be gentle. I have a few things on this week, im meeting friends for dinner on thursday, going out for a party on fri ngiht where htere will be booze and sun im meeting another friend for a few drinks and maybe some food.
    Is this even possible to do and still lose weight on ww?
    Im gonna be lookin to you guys all week for help, advice, info etc. You are all so good to each other, its a really friendly helpful enviromnent.
    EEEEkkkkk.
    35pp a day!

on sunday is it possible to go for coffee with the friend rather than drinks? It is possible to have a life and lose, but also gotta make life suit us and ww, goes both ways.

Spirits are lowest on pp with diet mixers,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Well I pointed it from the info on the back which is for one coated chicken breast and that worked out at 4pp's - i.e. same as a breast of chicken, thats how I came to the 0 pps - hope I wasn't wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1halfstone

on sunday is it possible to go for coffee with the friend rather than drinks? It is possible to have a life and lose, but also gotta make life suit us and ww, goes both ways.

Spirits are lowest on pp with diet mixers,

thanks lainy, I find your contribution on here to be amazing, fair play to you your so good to everyone and always so willing to help out!
    You kno i never even thought of that, meeting for coffee instead of beers, il deffo try and rearrange.
    I find I can usually be absolutlye fine mon-thurs but my weeekends revolve a lot around eating out and over indulging and I then fail miserably.
    I guess as you said it works both ways and I need to start making sacrifices

• Advertisement

the so juicy one seems to be right, on tesco they have nutritional info per 130g of chicken breast + 1/4 of the so juicy packet (36g)

you'd have to point it via back of the packet to know for sure. and nothing says you have to use the whole packet in one go :D hehe funny this came up....i was literly just debating weather or try a packet! *EDIT YOUR ORDER* is a god send on tesco.ie!
    (I've SAVED a fortune since doing shop online) I havent done any grocery shopping since 1st of may! :O and not a bit of *junk* in the house. altho i must get off the bread and biscuit binges!

you could always experiment with spices and marinades you have in the house! I'm always doing that :) The way i look at it....if it keeps my interest in a boring chicken breast and stops me reaching for a pizza....its worth the pp, hell...i'd nearly be cheeky enough to not pp it :P

What i do sometimes, i keep a second tracker....one tracker of my dailies....and one tracker of my weeklies....things like treats, marinades, sauces, i take directly from the weeklies....leaving my dailies intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

Tmeos wrote: »
    Hi All,

Not a great weekend for me but not too bad either. Just wanted to share a few food finds

Superquinn 1/2 fat cheddar cheese - only 1 propoint a slice and really good cheese, not like that horrible WW stuff that tastes like potatoes.

M&S Raspberry/Chocolate Iced Frapee (Count on us range) only 3 pps but really tasty

Finally, Kids Pittas, not sure the brand but I got them in dunnes, they're mini oval pittas but only 2 pro-points each and great for lunch or with soup. If you toast them and then mealt a cheese slice on them under the grill they're yum and a cheese toasty for only 3 propoints!

Yummy i love the sound of the pitta bread and cheese -- great idea -- i think ill use that as my snack in the evenings :)

What i do sometimes, i keep a second tracker....one tracker of my dailies....and one tracker of my weeklies....things like treats, marinades, sauces, i take directly from the weeklies....leaving my dailies intact.

This is actually such a good idea :D I may borrow it :P

Yummy i love the sound of the pitta bread and cheese -- great idea -- i think ill use that as my snack in the evenings :)

Yum that would be really nice with some red onion thrown in! bit of crunch!
    *Click add ww pittas to list*

i'm really consciously trying to shake things up this week!

got a carton of paasta in the press...any ideas (i'm cooking for one....with very little self control...i cant cook double dinners....cos i'll end up eating double dinners haha)

Yum that would be really nice with some red onion thrown in! bit of crunch!
    *Click add ww pittas to list*

i'm really consciously trying to shake things up this week!

got a carton of paasta in the press...any ideas (i'm cooking for one....with very little self control...i cant cook double dinners....cos i'll end up eating double dinners haha)

I hear ya :D Boyfriend is on late shifts all week so im struggling to think of fab low point meals for one ha ha ha

I'm really not trying to be a smart arse but you can't really expect it to work for you if you're "always over there getting a bar of chocolate and crisps". Its all about the choices we make. I did it myself this weekend. I made really bad choices and because of that I'm going to be up tomorrow night. However, it will be a lesson learned for me and I won't do it next week because I know what will happen. We all slip from time to time but if you're going to eat crap every weekend then you're not going to lose the weight. Its that simple. There's no point in giving out about how you're sick of WW when the plan isn't the problem.

WW isn't going to make the weight fall off you, you have to do it for yourself. Going to shop to buy chocolate and crisps is your decision and nobody elses and if you're not going to try then you're not going to succeed.

Again, I'm not trying to be a smart arse at all, I just think every now and then we could all do with a bit of a reality check.

your 100 % right , i know the plan works cause when i stick to it i lose big on them weeks , i just can't stay motivated at the min , its all my fault not tesco or ww

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

your 100 % right , i know the plan works cause when i stick to it i lose big on them weeks , i just can't stay motivated at the min , its all my fault not tesco or ww

I know earlier you mentioned having a baby in your life. Why not try to use him/her as your motivation??
    Surly you want to be around to play with them growing up and see everything they go on to achieve in life. See them marry someday?
    20st is not healthy for any man, don't cut your life short or denigh them a dad just for a bar of Chocolate!!:)

well being aware of it is a big step in correcting it, acknowledging your self sabotage...and we all do it..try scheduling snacks....or maybe multiple smaller meals than 3 main meals...you could actually be "crashing" and craving food cos you've gone too long with out eating, then end up having an unstopable urge for sugar...

next time it happens....look at the clock....how long was it since you last ate...
    and if thats not the problem.....still stop and just ask your self....okay am i just bored.....or do i actually NEED a bar of chocolate...and no one ever NEEDS a bar of chocolate...

might be worth in investing in some ww bars at meetings....they are expensive...but they take the taboo away...like cheese...omg i nearly tear my mother a new one when she buys cheese....its the ultimate lazy option....goes with anything :P last week i ate a whole bag of low low greated cheese....just the cheese nothing with it :O

So i went out and bought a block of over priced ww cheese (which i actually like) its been in the fridge a week....i have had no cheese cravings...cos i know there is ww friendly cheese there if i want it...the taboo naughtiness is gone! its the same with the ww cookies....i think the fact they are so expensive to stops me from pigging out.

and if you must have the bars and crisps......DO point them! and at the end of the week....add up all the pp of the treats and alone....the shock might be what you need....

there are a tonne of cookie and muffin recipes on here....why not make your own treats at the weekend when your bored!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

i do he's my son ha ha :)

:) Ive 5 of the little monkeys! :D it is all about will power and what we decide for our selfs what to do. you got some good advice and a little reality check ;) and posting here is a step in the right direction!

I got some rice in tesco frozen with wild rice and veg in bags you steam in the microwave and they are 4 PP :) yay
    I got some rice cakes with chilli flavouring and Im going to try them with some tesco lextra light cream chese with garlic and chives have to point them yet!

Oh question for those who bake, what butter/ margine do you use? low low can be used for baking but I find my muffins sink or flap jacks wont stick together when I use it and I love rocky road same thing wont set when I use Low low any tips would be great :)

here any one else fed up of this crappy may weather, we actually had to light a fire the last few nights! does not stop me getting out for a walk hope the sun comes back soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

but you know what....feck it....more time for MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

had the yummiest breakfast!

Readybrek 40g + 160ml skimmed milk = 5pp
    And after it was microwaved added a ww dessert recipe yoghurt for 1pp.......oh YUM!

Back into the excercise full force today! Weight today, Cardio tomorrow, wednesday off!

Ah hope you are ok! Wouldn't worry about it, his loss..... I am actually at the stage where i have given up on men because of similar situations but now i feel like i am content on my own anyway! No stress! And i just do what i wanna do...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement