Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Up 1lb. Very happy considering the piggery I took part in this weekend :p

Got 0pp soup, a potato and a tin of tuna for lunch tomorrow, ready brek for breakfast. Making lasanga for dinner tomorrow night. So determined to be down and get back into it for next week.

Only 3 weeks today to the mini marathon :eek:

Lainy, how many points are in the chicken mince? Do you know offhand?

Fofany, that sounds gorgeous - I'm not a huge fish eater and am only really starting to eat it but that sounds amazing!

I love the butternut squash chips and stuff, they're so good, but such a nightmare to cut!

Also bought a pack of blueberries to snack on tomorrow.

Any other fruit recommendations? Not a huge fruit person, the last few bananas and apples I got were very disappointing :(

Boxoff, the little tins of John West tuna are only 1pp if you like tuna, with a small potato thats only 4pp and sooo lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

boxoff wrote: »
    Makes two of us! am planning to have a toffee ww bar and a pack of velvet crunch after tomors WI! Ive 4 pp for the day left so might have just a bit of of fruit or something later, hate when munchies attack! A good snack is a pack of WW crackers with one laughing cow light triangle (2pp for the crackers and cheese) and there 4 crackers in one pack!
    I ended up having an omelette with salad and grilled tomatoes. I am going to have to go to bed now tho as I am in a dangerous mood.. Let's hope I don't sleep walk to the kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

misslt wrote: »

Got 0pp soup, a potato and a tin of tuna for lunch tomorrow, ready brek for breakfast. Making lasanga for dinner tomorrow night. So determined to be down and get back into it for next week.

Fofany, that sounds gorgeous - I'm not a huge fish eater and am only really starting to eat it but that sounds amazing!

I love the butternut squash chips and stuff, they're so good, but such a nightmare to cut!

Any other fruit recommendations? Not a huge fruit person, the last few bananas and apples I got were very disappointing :(

Boxoff, the little tins of John West tuna are only 1pp if you like tuna, with a small potato thats only 4pp and sooo lovely!

Chicken Mince = 100g = 3pp, 200g = 5pp

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Butternut squash and leek soup is lovely!!! You can add sour cream or bacon to jazz it up at bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Are you doing the Mini Marathon?

I am doing it for the first time ever. And I only started moving my ass off the couch last November for the first time in like 8 years!!! Have only done a 6k walk so far, have been so bold with walking lately and my next few weekends are jam packed, do you think I would be able to do the 10k?? Very nervous!

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    Are you doing the Mini Marathon?

I am doing it for the first time ever. And I only started moving my ass off the couch last November for the first time in like 8 years!!! Have only done a 6k walk so far, have been so bold with walking lately and my next few weekends are jam packed, do you think I would be able to do the 10k?? Very nervous!

Yeah, for some mad reason!

I've mapped out walks that I do on google maps and i think its about 8k, going to pick out a 10k one and start trying to do that!!

I know the route of the mini marathon, city centre to UCD and back..I go to UCD so I'm there like every day, I don't know if that will make it better or worse, knowing how much there is left :p

I've got a lot better since I started WW, here's hoping I can keep it up...failing that I'll the one passed out in a heap you see on the side of the road :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Oooohhh I am addicted to Readybrek, yum yum, I quite fancy a bowl now but surely thats illegal for this hour :D

lil kc wrote: »
    Oooohhh I am addicted to Readybrek, yum yum, I quite fancy a bowl now but surely thats illegal for this hour :D

not at all! I'm just about to make my evening bowl! its yummy and healthy!
    ooooh yummy! had 40g with 150ml skimmed milk and lemon ww dessert yoghurt!
    Warm tummy on me now and still have 5pp left :O

Yeah, for some mad reason!

I've mapped out walks that I do on google maps and i think its about 8k, going to pick out a 10k one and start trying to do that!!

I know the route of the mini marathon, city centre to UCD and back..I go to UCD so I'm there like every day, I don't know if that will make it better or worse, knowing how much there is left :p

I've got a lot better since I started WW, here's hoping I can keep it up...failing that I'll the one passed out in a heap you see on the side of the road :p

The charity walk i'm doing this sunday is 8km....i'm going to die!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    The charity walk i'm doing this sunday is 8km....i'm going to die!

Not at all! no bother to ya...after your exercise today?!?

Are you doing it by yourself? I find if I've someone to walk with I'm grand, could walk the earth (well, kinda) but if I'm on my own I get bored very quickly!

Says she who bailed on her walk this evening again...no exams as an excuse any more!

• Advertisement

Not at all! no bother to ya...after your exercise today?!?

Are you doing it by yourself? I find if I've someone to walk with I'm grand, could walk the earth (well, kinda) but if I'm on my own I get bored very quickly!

Says she who bailed on her walk this evening again...no exams as an excuse any more!

me and the dog....i'll blame the dog if i'm slow LOL I'll prob know ppl there on the day, last year about 1000 ppl did it, its along the local walking route, so ppl will have to kinda go slowish cos isnt enough room for ppl the bull dose ahead!

Just hope the weather is good! It'll be a nice challenge for my self...motivation now to hit the treadmill hard this week! Today was weights and resistance, tomorrow treadmill, Wednesday off, thursday weights, friday treadmill, saturday off (WI day + communion) Sunday charity walk, the local pub at the end of the walk are doing wine and cheese and nibbles....i'll be ready to eat leg off a table...

crap....better wear comfortable shoes to the communion...or my feet will be in BITS sunday morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

fofany wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the butternut squash chips. I also roasted some pepper, red onion & baby tomatoes in a separate tin at the same time & a piece of Donegal Catch breaded haddock. Stuffed for 7pp. I'll definitely be making them again - I still have 3/4 of a squash chopped up & ready to go in my fridge!

Have you tried the hake yet, in tomato and herb marinade? I pointed in the supermarket, it's either 4 or 5 points a portion (2 in pack). It looks lovely, I haven't tried it yet, thought I'd get it for a change this week. I could live on haddock and cod... Have to mix it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

So having the worst few day's, must have walked on hungry ground somewhere along the way, can't seem to stop eating, had to get my daughter to lock the kitchen and take the key upstairs so i can't keep picking. Its not that i'm eating stuff that is overly bad, just that i keep picking, was so sure i had nailed that bad habit on the head, but having the house to myself at the weekend let bad habits creep back in. Did no exercise at all this weekend :(. Well done to everyone who is taking part in charity walks, did the womens mini marathon 3 times a few years ago but haven't done anything in a long time. i'm going to commit myself to taking part in the mini marathon next year, training starts now. no excuses. So mad with myself, my first week sending in my weight to the league table and i'll probably be up :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

izzy24 wrote: »
    Im addicted to colsaw but bearks my heart to waste 3pp on a tiny bit and i no ther is low fat option but i only eat the fresh stuff im very picky with my colsaw.. so was shopping over weekend and found in supervalu a bag of the mix all ready just to add the mayo so added my low fat mayo and got a whole bowl for 1pp brilliant had the yummiest lunch today because of it... and it only cost €1 for bag of mix brilliant...:D

Saw this just before I was going to Supervalu to do the shopping. Had some in a wrap with chicken and lettuce and it was delish :) Thanks for the tip! Did you just point the mayo?

does anyone know the pp of sorbet? Lidl, Linessa, there low fat range have pots of sorbet on offer, 73c each....they have banana sorbet.......my favourite!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Having a mini panic attack, instigated by comment on other topics about educating ourselves about food. Like eat fat to loose fat, use real rather than light butter, calorie defecit,...

We really only know what the PP value is of an eitem, not what the calorie content,... is.

I'm worried i'd get to the weight i want to be and then just go ...what now? I only want to do this journey once, i do not want to end up @17+ stone again, hell i dont want to end up at my current weight of just over 15st again!

Does anyone have some good literature in relation to healthy nutrition and rxcersise?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Having a mini panic attack, instigated by comment on other topics about educating ourselves about food.

We really only know what the PP value is of an eitem, not what the calorie content,... is.

I'm worried i'd get to the weight i want to be and then just go ...what now? I only want to do this journey once, i do not want to end up @17+ stone again, hell i dont want to end up at my current weight of just over 15st again!

Does anyone have some good literature in relation to healthy nutrition and rxcersise?

I can upload my nutrition notes from college if thats any good? it breaks down what the different food groups are...good fats...bad fats, saturated, unsaturated, simple and complex carbs and sugars...

its mammal nutrition...just ignore specifics about cats and dogs....we are all mammals with the same organs....so nutrients act in the same way.

i was saying to the other girl...there are alot of free articles on the ww sites about nutrition in general, importance of carbs, fiber, fats, protein from a healthy body point of view not just weight loss.

http://www.safefood.eu/
    This is the campaign thats running on tv at the moment,

And i'm sure there are nutrition 101 threads running on here too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Having a mini panic attack, instigated by comment on other topics about educating ourselves about food. Like eat fat to loose fat, use real rather than light butter, calorie defecit,...

Hi GT,

Do not panic! Come back into those threads and bombard us with specific questions if you like. I'm sure everyone will do their best to answer them for you :)

does anyone know the pp of sorbet? Lidl, Linessa, there low fat range have pots of sorbet on offer, 73c each....they have banana sorbet.......my favourite!

Oh i looked it up on the Ben and Jerrys website last week cos was going to the cinema and it was 3pp but cant remember for how much.

Sorry Lainy it wasn't even their website it was one of those sites that give nutritional info, I really am no help come to think of it

• Advertisement

Oh i looked it up on the Ben and Jerrys website last week cos was going to the cinema and it was 3pp but cant remember for how much.

well i doubt B&J would be the lowest around, the can call it lower in fat...cos it is compared to the rest of there range...but if B&J is 3pp....the linessa one surely must be lower, if its sunny on sunday, might pop one into a cooler bag and have it while on the walk :)

Sorry Lainy it wasn't even their website it was one of those sites that give nutritional info, I really am no help come to think of it

all contributions/suggestions/ideas are welcome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 westerngirl

I'm fine about it! I'm definitely becoming stronger....like could just losing weight....make such a positive difference to who i am? in one way thats really really pathetic....that some how i was letting my weight make me a weak person????

Sorry to hear about the date, onwards and upwards though. I think you're in a good place right now and the only thing to do is keep putting YOU first. Maybe he is abit taken aback that you werent more put out - it might just make him think twice but you just do what you want to do. Its not being selfish. I think part of the WW journey is about making ourselves number 1 so that we can feel better in body & mind...............(i'm very wise today LOL!!!) ;)

Sorry to hear about the date, onwards and upwards though. I think you're in a good place right now and the only thing to do is keep putting YOU first. Maybe he is abit taken aback that you werent more put out - it might just make him think twice but you just do what you want to do. Its not being selfish. I think part of the WW journey is about making ourselves number 1 so that we can feel better in body & mind...............(i'm very wise today LOL!!!) ;)

had a good time, still talking so tiz all good :P haha! ;) as i said...honestly not too bothered...i have a tonne of things going on to keep me busy ;) We're all wize at this time of the night :D:D

(hmmmm dear thread stalker.....DONT ASK, I'M FINE :D:D:D:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

was down 2lbs on thurs(was up 1.5 previously) so was happy out!!! BUT and there's always a BUT(or in this case a BIG BUTT!)..........i cannot stop eating since,im on 29pp per day+49weeklies,fri i used 68,sat 55,so weeklies were long gone,sun and 2day were not much better!!! don't know why but i bought a lge bar of fruit 'n' nut choc in aldi fri nite and scoffed it all,nearly all +finished sat,pointed it,it had 29pp......a days allowance!! got invite to weddin on 8th july so would love to drop a stone by then!! went and stocked up on fruit this eve so i think i'll just start 2moro as if it was day after wi,ie my 29pp+49weeklies,there no way i could catch up now !!! i know how ur feelin 2fat!!as in "i quit"moment u had!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

4got 2 say i made the pineapple muffins on thurs,i thought they were small for 3pp but they were filling,my daughter loved them!

right....off to bed with me....got the electric blanket on to SCORCH! so hopefully that'll stop the aches and pains developing over night...my ass muscles are going to be killing me from the squats!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Back from Vegas had an absolutely brilliant time eat and drank all round me WW went straight out the window it's amazing the price difference between the healthy and not so healthy food options over there, but I don't care I'd a great holiday!!!! Have come home with a wicked sore throat but that's not gonna stop me getting right back on the wagon in the morning and zumba tomoro night :) I did one bit of physical activity over there, me and my friend took a pole dancing class for the craic (when in Rome n all that) was brilliant I must say we came out sweating!!!!  really tough did it sat and I'm still achin (& bruised) from it gives you a real appreciation for those girls up there doing it every night lol !!!

Well anyway sorry for my middle of the night rant (body clock is a bit all over the shop!)

Oh anyone got any tips on a great first wk plan to get me right back into it

Cheers x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

fionas046 wrote: »
    I think the ww frozen meals are lovely, but I only ever cook them in the oven. I have tried them from the microwave and agree they're awful!
    I had the ww part baked bread rolls today and have to say I was quite impressed although I'd say they're only nice straight from the oven.
    Last but certainly not least I couldn't recommend the stickey toffee pud dessert highly enough! It's fab-u-lous!!! And only 4pp yum! :D

I used to work in the factory that makes the WW Frozen Meals - they can sell them to staff for 50c and still make a profit so I never buy them! Plus when you smell garlic at 6am, it puts you off them for life :P I have to agree about the Sticky Toffee Puds - DELISH! I cannot go into Dunnes without buying a packet :) Have two in the fridge at the min!
    Layla0509 wrote: »
    Back from Vegas had an absolutely brilliant time eat and drank all round me WW went straight out the window it's amazing the price difference between the healthy and not so healthy food options over there, but I don't care I'd a great holiday!!!! Have come home with a wicked sore throat but that's not gonna stop me getting right back on the wagon in the morning and zumba tomoro night :) I did one bit of physical activity over there, me and my friend took a pole dancing class for the craic (when in Rome n all that) was brilliant I must say we came out sweating!!!!  really tough did it sat and I'm still achin (& bruised) from it gives you a real appreciation for those girls up there doing it every night lol !!!

Glad you had a good time on your hols, Layla! You deserved it! I do pole every Tuesday night - it's the best exercise ever, mainly because I'm having so much fun, it doesn't feel like exercise :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

So I was at my cooking class last night and she made homemade pizza! Here is the base recipe:

1 x 7g sachet Dired Fast Action Yeast
    350ml Hand Hot Water
    500g Plain Flour
    1 tsp salt
    1/2tsp sugar

Sift the flour and salt inot a large bowl & add the yeast. Gradually add the water and mix together to form a dough. Turn out on to a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Place in a large greased bowl and leave in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it has double in size - your hot press is the best place for this.

Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and "knock back" by punching the dough. This will remove any air bubbles that would make the pizza uneven. Knead about 4-5 times. Roll out into the shape that you want and put whatever toppings you like on it.

To cook your pizza, preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 7 and preheat your tray for 30 mins, then cook your pizza for 15mins.

This recipe will give you four 10" pizzas - I worked out the pp at 12 per base. Not bad in my opinion because you are in total control of what toppings you put on it! :D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement