Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 westerngirl

kashmir wrote: »
    Westerngirl, you don't need to be sorry, this place is made for ranting!

No matter what anyone says to you to try and get you out of the way you are feeling now, it's really truly going to be down to you. This type of thing has happened to all of us at one time or another and not just weight wise. Things happen! Of course you feel crap and will do for a while but for how long and what you do to deal with it is really down to you. You control you! Don't allow this to be an excuse to go backwards. You made a good decision last week....keep going in that direction.

You're dead right, was feeling awful yesterday but much better today and im not letting something like that put me off track

Thanks for the encouragement :)

fofany wrote: »
    I know you feel awful tonight, but don't let it put you off the weight loss. 15/16 years ago (when I last got to my goal weight) I had lost about 6 stone, so don't feel that you'll never get there. If I could do it, then you can too. I'm sure that not only did it change my life for the better, but it no doubt meant that I won't have any health problems that being overweight can lead to. Hope you feel better soon & good luck.

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement!! Well done on all your good work :)

Dee01 wrote: »
    It happened me when I was on a family holiday to the states. We were in Disney and I was trying to get up on the carrousel (moving horses), but my short legs (a lovely long 27 inches!!!!!) were making it difficult. The woman beside me said 'fair play' once I managed to get up. I was just about to laugh about it when she said 'I wouldn't have dreamed about trying that when I was pregnant'. I just smiled and said nothing. About a min later, she was like - 'you're not pregnant are you?' I said no and then she just made everything worse by going on and on about her mistake. The worst fair ride of my life.

I know its awful isnt it, ah well sure these things happen. Onwards and upwards is the only way.

Its so nice to be able to come on here and be able to rant knowing that people will really understand :)

tantipie wrote: »
    it's my anniversary today!! well it's not but today a yr ago i was going to a wedding and had to buy a size 18 pair of trousers for it,,so i decided that was the first and last time i'd buy that size,,still took me a month a join ww's but today's date is the day that started off my journey:Dso 3 stone gone,,ww goal reached and sitting here in a size 10 dress:D:D:Dcan you tell i'm excited.....:Djust to let ye know that it's not all plain sailing but if you have a bad day just get back into it the following day and if i can do it anyoone can:)

Oh very well done!! That is fantastic work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

So I had two German friends here for the weekend which was great! Not so great for my WW efforts. Went to WI on Thursday morning instead of Thurs evening because they were arriving early and was up 0.5lbs :mad: Was quite annoyed about it because I had been really good during the week in preparation for this weekend of sin!
    Anyway, I did try to track this weekend but found it very difficult because we ate out a lot :( Hopefully I tracked relatively well! Would be happy with an STS this week! Did a lot of walking so hopefully that will net off on the badness! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

We were at a friend's house for dinner last night, fab dinner but jesus the points! had homemade seafood chowder to start, then a rogan josh, then blackforest gateaux. Doesn't bear thinking about but I didn't do the dog on it, ate all the chowder, about half the rogan josh, not a lot of rice, and about half the black forest gateaux but not the cream - well it would have been rude not to!, had one glass of wine, oh and a slice of brown soda bread with the chowder, and a nibble of blue cheese from the cheese platter. No idea what the points would have been except they would have been high so I had 10 of my daily points left over and 25 of my weeklies and I think the best thing to do would be to write them all off on the dinner. Probably more but....

I'll post up the brown soda bread recipe later, going for a long walk now!

Lainy, hope the date goes well, I added you in FB, you look stunning girl!

Tantiepie Wow, fantastic results in a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I think I am dying.

Seriously.

I have the shakes and am afraid to eat :p

Starving though so I chucked a WW meal in the microwave, should do the trick...was very tempted to reach for the dominos menu!

WI tomorrow night, fully expecting to be up but I don't mind, it was worth it!

Drinking heaps of water today because I'm so dehydrated.

Lainy, hope the date goes well, let us know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

misslt wrote: »
    I think I am dying.

Seriously.

I have the shakes and am afraid to eat :p

Starving though so I chucked a WW meal in the microwave, should do the trick...was very tempted to reach for the dominos menu!

WI tomorrow night, fully expecting to be up but I don't mind, it was worth it!

Drinking heaps of water today because I'm so dehydrated.

Lainy, hope the date goes well, let us know!!

Oh my god, im the same! seriously overdid drinking and eating this weekend, serious booze blues now! Def be up this week at WI. :( Hope the food went down ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

kty wrote: »
    Oh my god, im the same! seriously overdid drinking and eating this weekend, serious booze blues now! Def be up this week at WI. :( Hope the food went down ok!

Girls I did the very same last weekend, with an auld chinese and all the trimmings thrown in aswell! Boy, was it worth it! Def!

Did extra excerise after it and didnt eat all my dailys for sunday and monday and met my revenge when I stepped on the scales I was 2.5 pounds up. Iv had a good week this week, looking back now, I kinda needed that 'break' from being very good all the time, hope I get the 2.5 pounds off this week :)

This works out at 1pp per 22grams of bread.

Preheat oven to 160 fan oven /180
    Grease and flour a loaf tin.

12 ounces coarse brown flour
    2 ounces self raising flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon bread soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 ounce pumpkin seeds
    1 ounce linseeds
    12 fluid ounces buttermilk
    2 medium eggs

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the eggs and buttermilk together. Add to the flour mix. Tip into the loaf tin. Top with an ounce of sesame seeds.
    Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

right...so i'm home....think it went well....got a kiss but but dont know if it was a peck goodbye or a i like you kiss....time well tell....conversation was great....never laughed so much in my life....the coffee shop had to ask us to leave we were there so long....

No mention of this on FB gang....cos he's on there :P haha!

had a good day! didnt eat loads of crap! and i was totally my self....so thats all i could do...that just proves i'm getting more comfortable in my own skin...which can only be a good thing

Caros wrote: »

1 teaspoon bread soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 ounce pumpkin seeds
    1 ounce linseeds
    2 medium eggs

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the eggs and buttermilk together. Add to the flour mix. Tip into the loaf tin. Top with an ounce of sesame seeds.

problem is...i dont think i cud eat just 22g :O sounds YUM! I love seeded bread

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    problem is...i dont think i cud eat just 22g :O sounds YUM! I love seeded bread

Generally a thinlyish cut slice works out at 2 points.

Glad to hear the date went well!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Donegal3

Generally a thinlyish cut slice works out at 2 points.

Glad to hear the date went well!
    right...so i'm home....think it went well....got a kiss but but dont know if it was a peck goodbye or a i like you kiss....time well tell....conversation was great....never laughed so much in my life....the coffee shop had to ask us to leave we were there so long....

had a good day! didnt eat loads of crap! and i was totally my self....so thats all i could do...that just proves i'm getting more comfortable in my own skin...which can only be a good thing

Glad your date went well, hope it works out for ya sounds like you enjoyed yourself:)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Donegal3

1 teaspoon bread soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 ounce pumpkin seeds
    1 ounce linseeds
    2 medium eggs

Sounds delicious must try it out at the weekend:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

This is my 2nd attempt at Weight watchers :rolleyes: I had lost just over half a stone the last time and totally lost motivation !!!! So As of tomorrow morning im back on track :p I think i just need to be organised !!

hmmmm think i'll try my green curry with prawns tomorrow....looking to shake things up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Catching up on the posts after being in my Dads. By the way, thought Jedward were CRAP as per usual but glad we did well enough. Loved Blue (UK) and that girl from Hungary, they both didn't do very well though.

Lainy, glad your date went well :) I added ya on FB too :)
    Thing is all i want to do now is eat, how ironic is that???? Other people would use it as the biggest motivation ever :(

Oh tell me about it... whenever a "fat incident" happened, all I would want to do is eat!!! Stress makes me eat too, pity it isn't the other way round lol

Speaking of stress and overeating, that is exactly what I did all weekend, from Eddie Rockets to crisps to a roll and wedges from the Deli to wine and more wine!! Oh well, it's done now.

Going to try and be very good from now on. I think I am getting the "6 month itch," I am just not trying as hard anymore at all to be good. Like eating some nibbles and telling myself I am not going to track them or having a few (well more than a few) bites off the OH plate and not tracking them and just the general feeling of "f*ck it"... I need to cop on!! Been sooo bad with exercise as well, need to get re-focused, thing is I am SOOO busy (I know it's not an excuse) but finding it very hard. Moving apartment (yes I finally found somewhere, yay) in a week so trying to organise things and also me and the OH are getting married this summer so trying to organise all of that too is just head melting, not like we can even tell a hotel to organise everything, because we are doing it in my Dads guesthouse (which also has a bar and function room) so we have to organise EVERYTHING including transportation for people from Dublin to Sligo!!!!

Ok, I need to relax and breathe ha ha

trying to put a tesco shop together. few things i want are on special offer, so need to get order in tonight before offer ends...

suggestions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Woohoo, glad it went well Lainy :)

I always find the best thing to do when sorting a shop is to make a meal plan for the week and see what you don't have/need to get!

I also added ya on FB, hope thats okay :P

Hangover is fading thank god, having steak for dinner. Totally back on track from tomorrow, no more exams as an excuse!

Re the mini goals thing, I'm 6.5lb from the two stone mark, I'm hoping to have that in 4 weeks, by 13th June.

Making a lasagne tomorrow with the chicken mince, very much looking forward to it! I make my own white sauce with creme fraiche, got the WW one the other day to make it more WW friendly :P Thing with it is that although theres a lot of points in it all, I get a lot of portions out of it so points per portion will be okay :p

Back to work tomorrow...I'll probably be on here a lot more now! Blaaagghhh..no rest for the wicked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Lainy, glad everything went well.

Monife, glad to hear you have a solution to your problems. I'm sure you're very excited about the wedding. Happy planning, try not to get too stressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Brenville

Has anyone had anyone get to goal at their meeting. I have been going for 8 months now and in that time no one has reached goal Does anyone stick to it

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Brenville wrote: »
    Has anyone had anyone get to goal at their meeting. I have been going for 8 months now and in that time no one has reached goal Does anyone stick to it

Ya i have seen 3or 4 people hit goal since January in my class and know loads of gold members
    :P

Also as regards mini goals i am 4 lbs from 3 stone and want to 50 lbs down by july 1

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

That's an interesting question. Since the start of Jan, I haven't seen anyone reach their goal (except a couple who have got back to their goal) and there are usually 60 - 100 in my class. There was one woman who got there before Christmas, but was getting her gold card (think it takes 4 weeks) in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

There has been 4 people who got to goal in my class. One started at the same time as me :( but only had about 20lb or a bit more to lose. Another lost 4 and a half stone. And the others I think it was small enough too, around 20lb.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I just tried Shreddies in an effort to change up my diet ...

Euuugh!! Jees, they're bland!!!:confused:

And the thought of the (wee soaked,) smelly nana's knitting each one by hand:(

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Hey everyone, more a lurker here then a poster, think i posted a few times!

I got goal about a year and half ago after loosing nearly 2 stone. I recently went back to WW (last thurs) after not being there since Sept 30th and am 3lbs over my goal weight but i went on myself and lost more so im 7.5lbs over MY goal weight so giving PP a shot instead of the old pts and bit confused but have found a few nice recipes on this thread along the way.

I just want to say to everyone here, ye are brilliant for motivation for each other, for the ups and downs. Ye are also great at advice, i have picked up many a trick here while reading so i just want to say thanks :D

My BF brought me out for dinner Sat night, went to Lemongrass its a thai and id 10dailies left and 45weeklys - id duck pancakes and chicken stir fry done in ginger and spring onion and fried rice. Does anyone know the PP, think i am covered in 55? I haven't a clue seeing i am only new to this, finding meal planning hard enough and same yday when we were out i wasn't sure what to pick i am still in old point mode :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

In spite of my saying yesterday afternoon that I would be good for the rest of the week, I totally went on a complete BINGE last night :(:( I don't know why but I suddenly got the urge and nothing could fill me up or make me stop :( I didn't even point the stuff and I defo had no weeklies left :( So I will defo be up on Thursday :(:(:( Going to work really hard for the next three days to try and limit some of the damage.

I don't know what is with me these last few weeks. I feel like I'm trying so hard but at times, I just fall completely off the wagon! It's like the nearer I get to goal, the further away from it I get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

i am only in my meeting 2 weeks,the first week there was one woman who got to her goal.I made my goal weight 3 years ago by losing 5 stone,never went to a meeting after i made my goal weight which was a big mistake as here i am 3 years later and 4 stone back up.
    I wont be making the same mistake again if i make my goal this time i will go to a meeting monthly or so.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

I have had a bad run lately. I stopped going to WW because I was away for a week and did not go back. I am not working and find that €10 a week is a lot for just a weigh in as basically that is all we get, the leader is uninspiring to say the least! You guys on here are far better!
    However I am battling to stay on it, I am very good all day, track and budget my point , but come evening or weekend , I seem to go mad. After dinner all I want to do is snack and it is the same over the weekend. I also have a husband who is always nagging me to bake, he has an awful sweet tooth. I admit I enjoy baking , for me it is a form of therapy! :) Stress relief! and needless to say I nibble to on what has been baked!

Last week the battery in my digital kitchen scale went flat and I cant seem to get the same battery. So hence , could not even weigh my food ! Some chemist said they would try and order it, but when it will come, I don't know!

Not much walking done either over the last two weeks with the miserable weather we have been having so generally falling apart diet wise.

Please any suggestions on how to get back in the game, as I feel so yucky everytime I get dressed and stand in front of the mirror!

help......!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement