Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Yeah I pp them myself, but I'm wondering if the new ones might even have less points as I think they changed some of the recipes when they moved to pp?

Will be interesting to see!
    Must try the veggie one!

I like the fact that I feel like I'm being bold eating a pizza, anything to fool the mind, ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Just on the chips I find the McCain homefries (chunky ones) really tasty they are 100g @ 5pp if I really fancy a chip they satisfy the urge :)

So my nxt mini goal is to get my 10% starting weight gone that works out at another 3.9lbs so I'm going to round up to 4lbs :) I like having these mini goals to work towards way more achievable than looking at the end result I desire! Rewarded my self with gig tkts this morning as well for hitting 1st stone!

Thank god it's the weekend & the sun is shining It's been a long tough work wk & I won't be sad to see the back of it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Just on the chips...isn't it surprising how 100g is actually satisfying? I can't finish a whole portion of chipper chips anymore.

This months WW mag has some lovely recipes including one for lemon meringue roulade. It uses quark tho...anyone know where I can get that? Want to try it this wkend.
    I'll post the recipe later, forgot to bring the mag to work with me. They also had a small list of pp for different things, I'll type them up later too.

Can't wait to get out of this office today and into that sunshine. I sit facing a wall and the blinds are permanently closed which means very little natural light and those who face the window don't like them open so no fresh air either. Sounds like I work in a sweat shop or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

kildareash wrote: »
    Just on the chips...isn't it surprising how 100g is actually satisfying? I can't finish a whole portion of chipper chips anymore.

This months WW mag has some lovely recipes including one for lemon meringue roulade. It uses quark tho...anyone know where I can get that? Want to try it this wkend.
    I'll post the recipe later, forgot to bring the mag to work with me. They also had a small list of pp for different things, I'll type them up later too.

Can't wait to get out of this office today and into that sunshine. I sit facing a wall and the blinds are permanently closed which means very little natural light and those who face the window don't like them open so no fresh air either. Sounds like I work in a sweat shop or something!

mmmm meringue.. is my new guilty pleasure.. but without the guilty part as it is so low in points :D

can't you not replace the quark with fromage frais sp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

Hey everone,

I haven't been on in a while but I recently returned to WW meetings after trying it alone for a while. Couldn't work out Propoints without some guidance. But something I've been thinking about lately; My weight loss is a bit bizarre and very inconsistent, in that I lose a load one week, go up the next, lose, gain, lose, gain, instead of just losing small amounts consistently. For example, this week I was up 2.5lbs but the week before, I was dowen by 4.5lbs.

Does anybody else have the same problem? Anybody know of a way to settle the ups and downs? (P.S. I tend to wear similar clothes each week, except for 1 week, so I don't think it's a clothes weight thing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

I got the Aldi crip bars but I am wondering if I have they right ones as mine are 4pp each.....can anyone help I had it ate before I pointed
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Lainy where do you get WW chips???? I remember buying them YEARS ago but I actually haven't seen them in about 4 or 5 years. I always buy the Unislim ones, which I really like as they're nice and chunky, but I'd be interested in trying the WW ones again too.

I'm trying the Knorr Season & Shake tonight for dinner. Has anyone had it? I'm having the Meditteranean one, I can't remember if it's 3pp for half the pack or 3pp for the whole thing but either way not bad. I'm going to put in chicken, peppers, and sliced baby potatoes and have it all with a salad. Going to treat myself to a bag of Maltesers too, since it's Friday night :D

You can get the WW chips in JCs in swords if that's any use.

Pretty sure the season and shake is 3 for the whole pack. The rustic one is really nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

After a disasterous few weeks on the PP i had my WI this morn after 5 days back on the points AND was down 2lbs!!!wohooo :). Only another 4.5lbs to go to goal.....here is hoping for the May b/h weekend!

Well done to everyone on their losses so far this week, for those who sts or put some on, I know the feeling but be sure to stick with it, you will see the results down the line at the next weigh in's.

Smashing weather, gonna go for a long walk this eve, everyone have a brill weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Does anybody know roughly how many calories make up 1PP?

would be handy to know to make an educated guesstamate when out shopping and trying to evaluate an item.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

would be handy to know to make an educated guesstamate when out shopping and trying to evaluate an item.

thanks

PP aren't based on calories, calories don't even come into play when calculating them. It's just carbs, protein, fat and fibre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

thanks

Could be totally wrong.....but I have noticed, it is heavily based on carbs (just when making estimate guess)....like I pointed something the other day that had 0 protein, 0 fat, 0 fibre but was 2PP because it had 17g Carbs?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Not sure about how many pp per calorie but the calorie of a food is calculated using the carb, protein and fat content in the food so there is a connection.
    This is the calories :

Protein contains 4 calories per gram
    Carbohydrates contain 4 calories per gram
    Fat contains 9 calories per gram

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

sillysocks wrote: »
    Not sure about how many pp per calorie but the calorie of a food is calculated using the carb, protein and fat content in the food so there is a connection.
    This is the calories :

Protein contains 4 calories per gram
    Carbohydrates contain 4 calories per gram
    Fat contains 9 calories per gram

Learn something new every day :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I had WI last night and was down 0.5lb. Which isn't a great loss but does bring me to my first stone which I am delighted with. It has been slow, on average 1-1.5lbs loss a week but has been so worth it. I only want to loose 6 lbs now so I will be down another dress size and that was my personal goal to loose 2 dress sizes.

Its so great to see the nice weather out. Went for a 6km walk this morning, 2nd one this week and my legs are so sore. I dont have any nights out planned so hopefully I will be good this weekend. Getting really bored of the foods I am eating now so think I will try some experimenting over the weekend with recipes.

Well done on all the losses have a lovely weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

thanks
    i hear it's 40 cals

also as a quick guide when out if you take the cals and divide by 40 that should give you a rough guess of how many points it is:)

Well done KC that's great tbh it's been slow for me too it's taken me nearly 3 months to lose 15lbs which is an average of 1.25lb per week nut it's off & it's staying off! Good idea to shake up the food front getting bored means eating crap which is a bad thing to happen I've been pouring over my cookbooks this week to make things more pp friendly & broaden myself foodwise too!

This weather is a great motivator as well! Enjoy your weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 oat

had my 2nd weigh in last night, I'm down 3 and a half so I've lost 5lbs in 2 weeks, so happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Hey guys, hope its going this week for everyone! had my WI on tues - down half a pound. Was delighted because I ate and boozed all round me last weekend, I had two big occassions.

Having a good week now this week so far so good! Cant wait to get out for a walk - have done 4 miles UPhill on wed and thur, 4 more tonight now. enjoy the weekend!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    4 Star Pizza

CHEESE CLASSIC – 7INCH – 10pp
    CHEESE CLASSIC – 9INCH – 15pp

CAJUN CHICKEN DELUXE - 7 INCH – 12pp
    CAJUN CHICKEN DELUXE - 9 INCH – 16pp

HAWAIIAN CLASSIC – 7 INCH – 12pp
    HAWAIIAN CLASSIC – 9INCH – 21pp

VEGETARIAN – 7INCH – 13pp
    VEGETARIAN- 9INCH - 21pp

CRISPY BACON DELUXE – 7INCH – 13pp
    CRISPY BACON DELUXE – 9INCH – 22pp

AMERICAN CLASSIC – 7INCH – 17pp
    AMERICAN CLASSIC – 9INCH – 30pp

MANHATTAN CLASSIC – 7INCH – 19pp
    MANHATTAN CLASSIC – 9INCH – 31pp

Its crazy that the veggie pizza is alot higher than the regular cheese - I LOVE VEGGIE SUPREME! or I lovED veggie supreme!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

boxoff wrote: »
    Its crazy that the veggie pizza is alot higher than the regular cheese - I LOVE VEGGIE SUPREME! or I lovED veggie supreme!

I dont understand how the veggie one is that high?! if a 9" veggie one is 21PP i'd put the meat ones @ 30PPminimum

• Advertisement

Well the olives on the veggie supreme would account for some of the additional pp but not all is there tinned pineapple or sundried toms on it? Maybe there's extra cheese or something as well??

It's weird that there is only a 1 or 2 pp depending on size between the Cajun chicken & cheese one! - must be very little chicken on it!

I satisfied my pizza craving last week half a tesco's finest tomato mozzarella & pesto pizza (it's huge & half gives you 4 big slices) for 15pp absolutely lovely with a zero pp huge salad & a glass of red! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

boxoff wrote: »

its the sweet corn i say, they LASH IT ON. and I say they put extra cheese on the veggie ones aswell, kinda cramming as much as they can on it as there is no meat...

They may also saute some of the veg in butter or oil, even tho veg are "0" there are still carbs in veg, in the veggie pizzas when i was point lasting night, they were like over 100g of carbs per pizza, carbs are the killer on points.

I was reading few months ago when pp first came out, pretty much the principle is,

the harder it is for your body to digest/breakdown the lower the points.

processed simple carbs, like white bread, pasta, pastry...pizza bases, white rice are SO procssed that the body has very little work to do to actually break down the food.

where as more whole grain less processed foods are tougher for the body to break down....we have to use more energy to digest them, (energy = calories burnt = eventually....losing weight)

100g of White rice = 10pp
    100g Brown rice = 9pp

the body has to work just that little bit more to breakdown the brown rice, so its just fractionally less pp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I love the green isle mini pizzas, cheese one is 7pp and i lash on all 0pp toppings, sometimes I have 2 or 1 and 100g of oven baked chips for 4pp and a 0pp mixed leaf salad. Yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I think someone was asking for the propoints of minute steak the other day. I just got some and 100g works out at 3 propoints.

Protein 22g
    Carbohydrate 0.0g
    Fat 2.1g
    Fibre 0g

right...been so busy all day...last of my equipment arrived today...so i've been like a child at christmas all day opening goodies :P

totally forgot to......like mmm eat!....so means i have a TONNE of pp for dinner....28 out of my 43 left (plus i have about 30 weeklies left too)....the pizza is only 19pp.....but i still feel "wrong" about eating it....especially with my WI in the morning....i just took a sneaky peak there...and OMG....please let it be true! but dont wanna jinx the number i just saw by eating pizza!

Anyone any idea how many points a standard easter egg is? They is one staring me in the face here and its rude to stare ! Many have to make it disappear

I think skinnydoll has them pointed on her blog

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Blooming

thanks

PP=(Protein/10.9)+(Carb/9.2)+(Fat/3.9)+(Fibre/35)

Round the answer to equal a propoint!

Apparently this is the formula, would probably need to be a maths genius to do a calculation like this in your head in the supermarket:o
    Though the fibre part obviously doesn't account for much of the propoint compared to protein and carbs.

I tried this earlier, I divided protein by 10, carbs by 10 and fat by 4 and add these 3 figures. I ignore fibre cos it wud want to be really high to add to pp. It works, hard work tho!!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    right...been so busy all day...last of my equipment arrived today...so i've been like a child at christmas all day opening goodies :P

totally forgot to......like mmm eat!....so means i have a TONNE of pp for dinner....28 out of my 43 left (plus i have about 30 weeklies left too)....the pizza is only 19pp.....but i still feel "wrong" about eating it....especially with my WI in the morning....i just took a sneaky peak there...and OMG....please let it be true! but dont wanna jinx the number i just saw by eating pizza!

Oh god that pizza was worth every point! and I am STUFFED :D Ended up doing the dog on it and eating the whole thing for 19pp :P

On a regular day where i had eaten normally 1/2 the pizza for 9pp + 100g of ww chips would have been TOTALLY satisfying for 14pp!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow morning :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

with all this talk of pizza I just had to go buy one today, gonna cook half it shortly

Happy weekend everyone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement