Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

woooo hoooo! new week....fresh week. time to put the disaster of last week behind me!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

SlimCi wrote: »
    Evening all, just to say tried the paprika chicken here this evening and the whole family loved it!! Down 2.5 lbs this week, went a bit nuts on crisps (they are my downfall) yesterday, just lost complete control of myself!! Keep up the good work everyone!
    Excellent loss! I'm a crisp junkie too! well done!:)

ooooh i'm sure i found a recipe on ww site for home made vegetable crisps....let me go snooping....hehe see last wee so hasn't happened....I'M BACK....with avengence :P

ProPoints® Value: 3
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 120 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

These crunchy homemade crisps are worth waiting for when you fancy something savoury. They're great served along with soup for a light meal.

Ingredients
    10 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    2 medium Courgette, sliced crosswise into ½ cm slices
    2 medium Parsnip, peeled and sliced crosswise into ½ cm slices
    2 medium Sweet Potato, peeled and sliced crosswise into ½ cm slices
    4 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, peeled and sliced diagonally into ½ cm slices
    1 teaspoons Salt, or to taste
    1 teaspoons (as purchased) Oregano, dried

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark ½/130°C/250°F. Coat 2 large baking trays with cooking spray.

Arrange vegetables on prepared baking trays. Coat vegetables with cooking spray and season with salt and oregano.

Roast for 1 hour and then rotate trays. Roast for 1½ to 2 hours total, or until crisps are crunchy and dry.

Notes
    To keep crispy, store in an airtight container or storage bag for 3 days. To re-crisp already cooked crisps that have gone soft, cook on a baking tray for 10 minutes at Gas Mark ½/130°C/250°F.

Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 20 min
    Cooking Time: 40 min

Ditch the crisps! Instead enjoy these delicious vegetable nibbles. You won't feel guilty going back for more.

Ingredients
    1 1/2 medium Parsnip, peeled
    1 1/2 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, peeled
    1 1/2 medium Sweet Potato, peeled
    1/2 small Swede, peeled
    1 whole (small) Beetroot, uncooked, peeled
    10 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    1 pinch Salt
    200 g Fromage Frais, Low Fat, Plain
    1/2 medium Lemon, use only the zest, finely grated
    1 teaspoons Chives, Dried
    1 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F. Place cooking racks over two roasting tins.

Thinly slice all vegetables. Do this by hand in preference to using a food processor, where the slices would be too thin.

Place vegetable slices, except beetroot, in a large bowl. Coat with cooking spray. Arrange on racks. Spray beetroot and arrange on the rack.

Bake for about 30-40 minutes, until tender and beginning to go crisp. Turn off the oven. Leave vegetables in oven with the door slightly ajar, to allow them to cool and dry out. Season lightly.

Mix fromage frais, chives and lemon zest together. Season with black pepper. Serve with the vegetables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Jwacqui wrote: »

Love the vids! It'll be great having an actual weight watchers reviewing the books...i'm sure you'll be bombarded with questions :P cos sometimes i buy those ww books and then only find a couple of the recipes are good..and the rest are wasted....

sometimes it takes that BIG wake up call on the scales to get ya back on track. Had my weight in this morning...oh god it was laughable...but i ate all round me last night and yesterday is it was expected...but got the binge out of my system and back on track today...totally focused and "in the zone" so to speak LOL

six weeks left in college...want to get that half stone off! and hit the ground running this summer!

ProPoints® Value: 4
    Servings: 15
    Cooking Time: 25 min

These moist brownies have the added indulgence of a crunchy, sugary topping.

Ingredients
    200 g Sugar, Caster
    110 g Cheese, Soft, Medium Fat
    2 medium Egg, Whole
    1 teaspoons (level) Vanilla Extract
    110 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain
    1/2 teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
    80 g Cocoa Powder, (4 tbsp)
    2 tablespoons Milk, Skimmed
    15 g Rice Krispies
    40 g Sugar, Icing, (2 tbsp) sifted
    15 g Margarine, Soft, Polyunsaturated, melted

Instructions
    Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180ºC/fan oven 160ºC. Line a 20cm (8 inch) square baking with non-stick baking parchment.

Place the sugar and low fat soft cheese in a large bowl and whisk together until pale and soft. Add the egg yolks and whisk until well combined. Whisk in the vanilla extract.

In a clean, grease-free bowl whisk the egg whites until they hold stiff peaks.

Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa into the soft cheese mixture with the milk. Stir well until combined. Carefully add the egg whites folding in slowly to retain the air. Spoon into the tin.

Mix together the rice crispies, icing sugar and melted margarine and scatter over the surface. Bake for 25 mins until risen and spongy to feel. Cool in the tin, before turning out and cutting into pieces.

Once cold store in airtight container. Best eaten the same day otherwise the topping goes soft.

Toblerone Cookies

Servings: 16
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 12 min

These cookies have a crisp outer and soft inner - not to mention the Toblerone chocolate!

Ingredients
    175 g Flour, Wheat, White, Self Raising
    1/2 teaspoons (as purchased) Baking Powder
    75 g Sugar, Light Brown, soft
    50 g Margarine, Soft, Polyunsaturated
    3 tablespoons (level) Syrup, Any Type, golden syrup
    1 medium Egg, Whole, beaten
    90 g Tobelerone Toblerone, roughly chopped

Instructions
    Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/fan oven 160°C/350°F. Line 2 trays with non-stick baking parchment.

Sift together the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in the sugar.

In a small pan gently melt the margarine and syrup. Cool slightly then add to the flour with the egg. Beat to a stiff dough and mix in the Toblerone pieces.

Place 16 well spaced out dessert spoonfuls on the trays and bake for 10-12 mins until golden. Leave on the trays to cool for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack. Once cool store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

Caramel Cookies

ProPoints® Value: 1
    Servings: 60
    Preparation Time: 5 min
    Cooking Time: 10 min

These crunchy cookies are delicious and easy to bake in small batches. Just keep the dough in the fridge and slice off to make as many cookies as you wish!

Ingredients
    120 g Butter
    140 g Sugar, Light Brown, preferably dark brown sugar
    1 medium Egg, Whole
    120 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, white
    120 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, wholemeal

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F. Set aside 2 non-stick baking trays.

In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla essence using an electric mixer. Add remaining ingredients and beat thoroughly. You may need to add 1-2 tbs iced water if mixture is too dry.

Scrape dough out of bowl and onto a large piece of plastic. Roll dough into a log, approximately 4cm wide. Completely wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate until firm, for at least 60 minutes, or overnight.

Cut dough into 3mm thin slices and arrange on baking trays well apart. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until lightly browned around edges.

Allow cookies to cool on trays then remove using a spatula to a cake rack to cool completely.

Notes
    These cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Try adding a little ground cinnamon to the biscuit dough if you like a bit of spice.

___________________________________________-

Chocolate Chip Cookies

ProPoints® Value: 2
    Servings: 24
    Cooking Time: 5 min

Fancy doing a bit of baking? Then try these yummy chocolate chip cookies – they’re the perfect treat to go with a cuppa!

Ingredients
    25 g Butter, softened
    2 tablespoons Oil, Corn
    100 g Sugar, Light Brown, or light muscovado
    1 teaspoons (level) Vanilla Extract, or extract
    1 pinch Salt
    1 medium Egg, Whole, (small)
    100 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, plain
    1/4 teaspoons (as purchased) Baking Powder
    75 g Chocolate, Plain, dark or milk chocolate

Instructions
    Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5, 190°C, fan oven 170°C. Lightly spray two non-stick baking sheets with low fat cooking spray.

Cream together the butter, oil and sugar until light in texture and paler in colour. Add the vanilla, salt and egg and beat well until creamy. Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold in with the chocolate chips, making sure they are evenly distributed.

Drop 12 spoonfuls of the cookie mixture evenly over each baking sheet (24 cookies in total). Bake for 5-8 minutes until golden and spread out. Cool for 2 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Notes
    Serving size is 1 cookie per portion.

Macademia and White Chocolate Cookies (home made subway cookies)

Servings: 20

Make a batch of these cookies to share with family and friends. You could even experiment with different nuts and chocolate chips.

Ingredients
    65 g Macadamia Nuts
    95 g Nestlé Milkybar White Chocolate Buttons Minis
    80 g Spread, Low Fat
    100 g Sugar, Light Brown
    1 medium Egg, Whole, lightly beaten
    150 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, plain white

Instructions
    Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/190ºC/375ºF. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.

Use an electric beater to beat together the spread and sugar in a large bowl until pale. Gradually add the egg and vanilla essence until combined.

Stir in the sifted flour and baking powder until just combined. Add chocolate buttons and macadamia nuts and stir to combine.

Drop a heaped teaspoon of the mixture onto the prepared tray, allowing room for spreading.

Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden. Cool on the tray.

Notes
    Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
    Not suitable to freeze.

Iced Easter Biscuits

Servings: 36
    Preparation Time: 30 min

These little iced biscuits are a treat for Easter - the kids will love to give you a hand making them!

Ingredients
    225 g Butter
    125 g Sugar, Caster
    275 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, plain
    50 g Semolina, Dried, or ground rice
    50 g Sugar, Icing

Instructions
    Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/fan oven 160°C/350°F. Beat the butter until softened and gradually beat in the caster sugar. Add the flour and semolina, working it in with a wooden spoon. Gather the dough together with your hands, then knead for a few moments until smooth.

Roll out the dough thinly on a lightly floured surface. Stamp out shapes using biscuit cutters. Arrange on baking sheets.

Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool on wire racks.

Mix the icing sugar with a little water to make a smooth glace icing, then use this to decorate the biscuits.

ANYONE WANNA MAKE ME SOME COOKIES? PRETTY PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

oh Lainy those all sound really scrumshish!!!! def gona have to try out most of them!!!

does any1 know how to get the iphone app?? i keep gettin told that its on avalible on the irish itunes:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Hey
    Im off out for an italian tomoro ngiht with my sis and my mam (we decided to take mam out to take her mind off things we decided on the italian in Inchicore as its close to mams home) anyway ive been looking up their menu and im worried about what to have i've my WI in the morning so at least ill be able to enjoy it but dont want to be silly about it either

Hi Layla,

Sorry this is so late, I didn't get home till late last night so didn't get on the net!

Starters:
    Seasonal Minestrone 9
    Tomato Bruschetta 6

Mains:
    Lasagna 23
    Penne Arrabiata 15
    Spagetti Carbonara 17
    Spagetti Bolognese 15

Hope this helps! :D

I did loads of cooking today :) I can't remember who posted the Carrot & Corriander soup but it's so nice - thanks! Also, made the Lemon Bars that Lainy posted yesterday. Despite a mild disaster in which I lost 3/4 of my topping (stupid silicon tin), they turned out lovely, but I've repointed them to 2pp each seeing as how they have flip all topping on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

oooh lainy all those so sooooo yummy :D
    would anyone know how to point stewing beef? I forgot to weigh it and its cooking now!! if i weigh it when its cooked what would the difference of the weight be when its raw???:confused:

jackmax wrote: »
    oooh lainy all those so sooooo yummy :D
    would anyone know how to point stewing beef? I forgot to weigh it and its cooking now!! if i weigh it when its cooked what would the difference of the weight be when its raw???:confused:

have you got the packaging? point it based on the packaging info or have you got another pack of it that you can weight the meat?

125g lean raw stewing beef 4pp

oooh and who ever suggested putting the light choc mousse yoghurts into the freeezer.....thank you! :) its like a mini pot of choc ice cream for 2pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ladyo1

LadyLainy,
    Thank you so much for all that you post here. You are so incredibly generous with both time and resources. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hey everyone... hope ww is going ok.. having a good week so far... not looking forward to next week have dinner out on wednesday with work going to an italian resturant den friday nite its my mates 30th so alcohol and finger food... ahhh dont no waht to do.. would normally drink vodka and west caost cooler so vodka is 2pp right?? dont have clue what west coast cooler is so maybe will have vodka and diet 7up and as for finger food will have to stay clear or i wont stop... i havnt been out since xmas so looking forward to it but dreading the challenge it brings...:(...

On a lighter note last nite i had dominos which was 28pp... i had 32 dailies left so was chuffed...

I shared Garlic bread 7pp for whole lot so said 4pp for that
    I shared Potato wedges 4pp for whole lot so 2pp for that
    Last i shared a Medium Pizza for My half went for just cheese and tomato which is 4pp each so thats 16pp for that
    Last but not least had a garlic dip at 6pp alot but god it was worth it...
    So 28pp altoogether didn thing its was to bad over all:D...

ladyo1 wrote: »
    LadyLainy,
    Thank you so much for all that you post here. You are so incredibly generous with both time and resources. :D

lol your being too kind! your very welcome! just my way of giving back as a thank you for putting up with the gibberish and rants i post....

plus i get lots of tips from the thread too :) and i get to see how recipes turn out for people lol...then i try out the ones people have had success with :p

:)

izzy24 wrote: »
    hey everyone... hope ww is going ok.. having a good week so far... not looking forward to next week have dinner out on wednesday with work going to an italian resturant den friday nite its my mates 30th so alcohol and finger food... ahhh dont no waht to do.. would normally drink vodka and west caost cooler so vodka is 2pp right?? dont have clue what west coast cooler is so maybe will have vodka and diet 7up and as for finger food will have to stay clear or i wont stop... i havnt been out since xmas so looking forward to it but dreading the challenge it brings...:(...

On a lighter note last nite i had dominos which was 28pp... i had 32 dailies left so was chuffed...

I shared Garlic bread 7pp for whole lot so said 4pp for that
    I shared Potato wedges 4pp for whole lot so 2pp for that
    Last i shared a Medium Pizza for My half went for just cheese and tomato which is 4pp each so thats 16pp for that
    Last but not least had a garlic dip at 6pp alot but god it was worth it...
    So 28pp altoogether didn thing its was to bad over all:D...

vodka is 3pp :)

someone pointed west coast cooler few weeks ago on here...run a search on the thread for it and it should pop up

You will be on such an amazing high the next day if you "behave" on your night out...nothing even compares to the feeling of knowing you had a great night out and didnt do too much damage. it is totally worth TRYING to behave...even if you dont end up being "perfect" on the night, just trying/wanting to behave does limit the damage....going a little bit over when trying to be good is alot better than going totally overboard and caring.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    vodka is 3pp :)

someone pointed west coast cooler few weeks ago on here...run a search on the thread for it and it should pop up

You will be on such an amazing high the next day if you "behave" on your night out...nothing even compares to the feeling of knowing you had a great night out and didnt do too much damage. it is totally worth TRYING to behave...even if you dont end up being "perfect" on the night, just trying/wanting to behave does limit the damage....going a little bit over when trying to be good is alot better than going totally overboard and caring.

thanks lainy

just seen ur fab cookies recipes dey look fab... anyone tried em?

thanks for letting me no bout vodka and wil have a look for west coast cooler...:D

thanks lainy

just seen ur fab cookies recipes dey look fab... anyone tried em?

thanks for letting me no bout vodka and wil have a look for west coast cooler...:D

only found the recipes today, so they are fresh off the copy+paste from the uk site. Someone was having a kids party on here this week i think, i was just up the walls this week didn't have time to look up recipes, so went looking for cookie & bar recipes last night and this morning. as i said :P they are handy to have in the handbag too for when out and about going to coffee... :)

wooo feeling good today so far :) got a load of college work done :) one less thing to worry about. I wont feel guilty later on relaxing with dinner knowing i've at least got some work out of the way....new pack with my self...the days i dont exercise i'll make my self do college work...and the days i dont feel like doing college work....i'll make my self exercise ...so one way or another i'll get work done...just a matter of what kinda work i'm in the mood for :p

Thai green curry tonight! It was SOOOO nice last week when i made it! been waiting all week for it :)

Im really annoyed... Why doesnt the irish ww website have the same information as the english ones... Its just ridiculous and another thing is the eating out guide is totaly based for the english site why?? I have been looking around many food based stores and alot of them have nutritional information available like i asked supermacs for theres and within a few days i had all the information but i just dont have the time to do it for every place like why is ireland being left behind ww is huge over here its ridicolous... Im going to write to ww ireland and give out to them:mad:... Like all the fab recipes lainey get and so good to post em here for us but why cant we have access to them aswell?? God its so frustrating...

Im so sorry for this rant just really annoyed over it... Does anyone agree with me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

thanks lainy. Bought it in the butchers so don't have any packaging. thanks for the pp :) and you reminded me to get those light mousses and put them in the freezer :D

jackmax wrote: »
    thanks lainy. Bought it in the butchers so don't have any packaging. thanks for the pp :) and you reminded me to get those light mousses and put them in the freezer :D

if you got it today....the weight you bought might be on the receipt.

Im really annoyed... Why doesnt the irish ww website have the same information as the english ones... Its just ridiculous and another thing is the eating out guide is totaly based for the english site why?? I have been looking around many food based stores and alot of them have nutritional information available like i asked supermacs for theres and within a few days i had all the information but i just dont have the time to do it for every place like why is ireland being left behind ww is huge over here its ridicolous... Im going to write to ww ireland and give out to them:mad:... Like all the fab recipes lainey get and so good to post em here for us but why cant we have access to them aswell?? God its so frustrating...

Im so sorry for this rant just really annoyed over it... Does anyone agree with me?

Well i'm only getting access to the recipes cos i'm paying to do ww online, like people going to meetings in uk wouldnt have access to the recipes online either...unless they pay for the online content..

people doing it online dont have access to meeting resources, people in meetings dont have access to the online resources...end of the day it is a business...i guess aswell our fecking country is so expensive to work in...its just not financially viable to do those services here...or to publish duplicate books...with what would be to them, minor alterations.

Weight Watchers At Home (the kit you send away for of books and binders)
    Weight Watchers Online
    Weight Watchers Classes

there are 3 separate areas, no one gets content to all 3 areas...unless the pay for everything separately....like i dont have the leaflets or binders, and if i want to buy anything i have to go to ebay and pay double the price for the items plus shipping...i paid 30 euro for the calculator on ebay!

the uk site doesnt ship outside UK...cos its meant to be for English residents only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Tried those sun rice things in Aldi everyone was raving about, omg they are gorgeous. Really chocolatey, great for 2PP.

Making turkey shepards pie, not having any tonight so will let you know what is is like tomorrow.

Still have 21PP for the day :) Going to have dinner now and will still have 10PP left so definitely a few vodkas tonight. Feel a bit guilty though as I didnt get out for a walk today, was lazing around with the OH all day and fell asleep in the afternoon n all so after food shopping just wasnt bothered.

Back on track with exercise tomorrow. Thanks for all the lovely recipes lainy, I probably wont make any because I couldnt stop at one but nice to know for future for when I have guests over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RJC09

lady lainy, sorry for just jumping in without so much as an introduction, but just wanted to tell you that i got the weight watchers magazine this month, and they have an order form to purchase ww products, and on the bottom it says they are now selling to ireland. just in case you want to buy from there for a reasonable price instead of being ripped off on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

I agree totally, we are left behind, the irish website is pathetic and we never get the same specials, like free joining etc. As a member we should get access to all the stuff.

RJC09 wrote: »
    lady lainy, sorry for just jumping in without so much as an introduction, but just wanted to tell you that i got the weight watchers magazine this month, and they have an order form to purchase ww products, and on the bottom it says they are now selling to ireland. just in case you want to buy from there for a reasonable price instead of being ripped off on ebay.

Oh brilliant! thanks! :) can people in ireland get subcription to the magazine by the post? cant always get it in local shop, and half the time i forget to get it, it was working out like 50 odd euro for "outside UK" subscribers before some some site.

Just had my new saturday night tradition :p Thai Green Curry....and fecking hell i'm STUFFED! still have 8pp so if the urge to snack later i'll break up some of the caramel snack a jacks and it'll be like caramel popcorn :)

also chuffed that I got my 2 litres in today...and i feel all the better for it!

Monife wrote: »
    Tried those sun rice things in Aldi everyone was raving about, omg they are gorgeous. Really chocolatey, great for 2PP.

Making turkey shepards pie, not having any tonight so will let you know what is is like tomorrow.

Still have 21PP for the day :) Going to have dinner now and will still have 10PP left so definitely a few vodkas tonight. Feel a bit guilty though as I didnt get out for a walk today, was lazing around with the OH all day and fell asleep in the afternoon n all so after food shopping just wasnt bothered.

Back on track with exercise tomorrow. Thanks for all the lovely recipes lainy, I probably wont make any because I couldnt stop at one but nice to know for future for when I have guests over.

I hear you there! yeah 1 cookie might only be 2pp......but 1 cookie is never enough! I'm a bulk eater....i eat in volume LOL...as you said 1 would never be enough for me either! haha! But if i'm ever stuck baby sitting the kids again i'll make some cookies...and at least cant do too much damage if i have a few :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kayleen

I made this today and followed the recipe to the letter (apart from the 5 lemon grass stems)but it was really runny. I had to add cornflour which I don't like using as it makes it gloopy(is that even a word??:))
    Any advice....Lainy maybe you could help please

and while I think of it - I had never used Lemon Grass before and the recipe said use 5 but i just put in 1 as it seemed loads and quite strong.
    I chopped off both ends and sliced it finely (was that correct???????)
    Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm back on track so far this week anyway. Our meeting is a day early because of patrick's day, so that's an incentive to be extra good.

I started a new job in a pub a few weeks ago and was working last night and tonight so that helps cut out my usual evening snacking! That combined with me being off drink for lent will hopefully see a benefit on the scales on wed! Also no drink means I can spoil myself with nice food so going to have a lazy night in tomorrow after work with the boyfriend and a take away :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement