Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

pw01 wrote: »
    Does anyone know were you can get the ww kitchen scales. i know you can get them on the uk website but can you get them in argos etc........

Have you tried eBay?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Hi All,

2nd WI on the new plan last night.... stayed the same, so for my two weeks on pp i've lost the grand total of .5lb :eek:

a little disheartening to say the least as i'm tracking EVERYTHING so i know i haven't gone over my points and over my weekly points.
    I'm in WW a year now so i'm doing a fair bit of exercise too (ie walking to and from work every day, an hour walk 4 days a week and a spin class thrown in for good measure!), I don't know where its all going wrong!

Sorry just needed to vent!

Sorry to hear you're not getting the results to reflect all your hard work. If it's any consolation, I put 2lbs on at my 2nd WI & I had tracked everything & kept within my points. Did fine then at my next WI, so maybe next week will show a good loss for you. Hope this makes you feel better.

I'm just back from WI. Last week I was really disappointed to have 2lbs on after sticking to the propoints exactly - but am so glad I perservered as I had 4lbs off this morning:D. So, now my WIs are Wk1 -8lbs, Wk2 +2lbs, Wk3 -4lbs. Back on track to lose a stone before my holidays (4lbs to lose in 2 weeks).

I commented yesterday on how most days I jump on my scales at home, just to see how I am doing. Well, as usual, I did it this morning & I had gone up another lb on Monday morning (3lbs up from Sunday morning). Felt very desperate & changed out of my jeans into a pair of leggings & didn't have any breakfast before I went to the class (it's at 9.15am). Who am I kidding:rolleyes:?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭pw01

kildareash wrote: »
    Have you tried eBay?

yeah, ebay works out most expensive, thought i could get them cheaper!! no such luck - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

See how much it owuld be to buy them direct from ww uk shopping line?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Does anyone know of any WW meetings that are held on a Friday in the Dun Laoghaire area? Missing my regular one on Thursday but still want to get weighed

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Woke up this morning in one of "those" moods and the first thing that popped into my head was "I need junk food"!! I'm such an emotional eater....the second I'm feeling down I just want to eat...

Thankfully (so far) I have fought the urge - I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, some chocolate rice cakes mid morning & 2 banana sandwiches & a packet of popcorn for lunch....I'm really proud of myself cuz usually I'd just jump in the car & head straight to the deli for a wedge roll!!! I am going to have a nice steak and baby potatoes for dinner to cheer me up and if the points allow, I might even fit in a small drink!!!

Thank god for you girls keeping me on track :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Have my first weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed I see a loss!

Is there anyone having problems with using all their points? Im on 29 pps, but am struggling to eat them all, wouldnt bother me only my leader did say last week that if you dont eat all them,you wont lose weight!

Im finding the pps great in regards to the free fruit, I think I have eaten more fruit this week,than I have all year and I am ashamed to admit that. However I am finding it difficult to not be comparing with the old way, for example I used 8pp for my breakfast yesterday and was panicking, until I worked it out that I had 21 for the rest of the day!

Also on a different note, does anyone have any nice, easy vegetarian recipes? I dont eat meat, fish or much chicken. or would anyone have a lof point pizza recipe (that resembles a Dominos!?)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

you have more strength than me garden girl! I got a crazy chocolate craving last night so went to get a curlywurly.....got and ate 3 of them!!!!!!! FECK...havent touched my weekly this week so took them off that! other than that outburst I've been doing great, not hungry and eating very healthy food, and gallons of H20! weigh in tmr eve so we'll see, was down 2lbs last week (first week)...
    keep up the good work everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭03046290

Minx23 wrote: »
    I was weighed tonight for the 3rd time and I only lost 2lbs.:( Im just feeling extremely frustrated because in the past 3 weeks I have only lost 9lbs. That may sound like alot to some people but I have ALOT to loose, 5 stone at least.

The proplem is I did weight watchers back in 2007/2008 and the pounds seemed to come off much quicker back then, even though Im heavier now than I was then.

I was so gutted this evening that driving home in the car I actually had a little cry to myself!

I popped in to visit a friend then and we were watching 'The Biggest Looser' and 'Operation Transformation' which she had recorded on Sky+. The number of pounds people loose on those shows in one week can be huge. I had to remind myself those people do hours and hours of excersize every day and have all sorts of support around the clock.

Its just tough trying to do WW while living with my parents as neither of them struggle with their weight like I do.

Reading this is such an inspiration you wouldnt believe!

Sorry for the rant and moan. Just feeling a bit sorry for myself this evening!:o

Hey Minx,

I also did WW back in 2008 and the weight dropped off me. But this time I know it will be a lot slower.

Dont be disheartened I think the propoints sytem is going to be much better in the long run.

Keep up the good work and just remember 9 points is an awful lot. I think sometimes watching Biggest loser etc you forget any weight loss is good :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

meanie (17g pack) are only 2 pp each and Dunnes are selling them 5 for €1.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    hey stupid question....but how well does fruit freeze? Blueberries are on special offer in Tesco. Going to stock up so i always have them on hand to make my muffins. 2 x 365g punnets for 6.00EUR

Hi Lady Lainy,

they freeze fine, I've been buying them, they are lovely. Frozen grapes are fab too (you can eat them frozen like mini icepops! - fab. They are doing 2 punnets of grapes for €6 too. Actually all the fruit in Dunnes is great value at the mo. Nearly everything has a two for deal or 100%.

arandale wrote: »
    eimear, thank you so much, of course you are right, i forgot if i go over the fruit allowence i would have to point it. i will go for my weighin and start afresh on Thurs. Feel very down tho
    thaks again i thought there for a minute nobody was going to answer.
    yea very pettish i know

Keep it up Arandale....we all have bad days/weeks/months even years :) that's the great thing about ww is all about moving forward. Bet you, you will still do ok this week and in any event next week will be easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

lil kc wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any WW meetings that are held on a Friday in the Dun Laoghaire area? Missing my regular one on Thursday but still want to get weighed

http://find.weightwatchers.ie/place_listnew.asp?vtype=Dub&vfield=Add1

This link might help Lil KC - just enter the area/day of the week and hopefully you'll find a class to suit you.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

m'lady, i know just how you feel, i'm really strugggling to use the 29 points, never mind the extra points, i'm stuck in the old way of counting points.

As the others said m'lady stick with it and you will be down next week. My heart goes out to you though.

I weigh in tomorrow too and am sick at the thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hi Minx,
    Sometimes when you have a big loss like 8lbs your body rebalances itself the following week with a gain. You're doing so well don't fall at the first hurdle.

M'lday I'm also on 29 points and I'm really really struggling to stick to them everyday. Any suggestions how to make the points stretch further ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Slaygal wrote: »
    Hi Minx,
    Sometimes when you have a big loss like 8lbs your body rebalances itself the following week with a gain. You're doing so well don't fall at the first hurdle.

M'lday I'm also on 29 points and I'm really really struggling to stick to them everyday. Any suggestions how to make the points stretch further ?

I'm the same as you I seem to be going over most days. At the start I was under but now that I'm eating properly and regularly I'm struggling. I'm a carb person like I'd have wholemeal bread at least 4 times a week. Then potatoes or tagliatelle and these are all very high in pro points. 2 slices of Brennan's wholemeal bread is 4 points and then add low fat butter and fillings it could come to 8 points for a sandwich!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

Sorry M'lady, that post was meant for Dotie_lottie.

Good luck with the weigh-in tomorrow M'lady:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Oi! Went grocery shopping after work .....on an empty stomach! Oi! Disastrous! Before i got home i'd munched my way thru 2 bags of dolly mix :(

*bangs head against keyboard*

Right....well whats done is done. I only have my self to blame ect ect ect

Long day in college tomorrow, then spanish dinner party tomorrow....olive oil in EVERYTHING!

Oh this weekend is going to be TOUGH! Gym Gym GYm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

First weigh in today and down 3 lbs. Delighted!
    I am out guns blazing to get into the 10 stones mark next week as 11 st 0.5 ibs now.

I have been very laid up with severe dental work and could not exercise so I am so glad to have a loss without this.

I fell off the wagon after one week and ate all round me once I knew how laid up I was going to be.(opened tin of biscuits - eek)
    I put that behind me and then one week of following it again and eating 29pp each day (which i find loads) and down those Christmas extra 3.

Loving propoints as eating much better than normal (fruit etc) and loving this forum. It's a great support!:)

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Oi! Went grocery shopping after work .....on an empty stomach! Oi! Disastrous! Before i got home i'd munched my way thru 2 bags of dolly mix :(

*bangs head against keyboard*

Right....well whats done is done. I only have my self to blame ect ect ect

Long day in college tomorrow, then spanish dinner party tomorrow....olive oil in EVERYTHING!

Oh this weekend is going to be TOUGH! Gym Gym GYm!

LOL at the bang head off keyboard - know that feeling hun. I don't know what dollymix are but they prob not that high if ya point them hun.

fofany wrote: »
    I'm just back from WI. Last week I was really disappointed to have 2lbs on after sticking to the propoints exactly - but am so glad I perservered as I had 4lbs off this morning:D. So, now my WIs are Wk1 -8lbs, Wk2 +2lbs, Wk3 -4lbs. Back on track to lose a stone before my holidays (4lbs to lose in 2 weeks).

I commented yesterday on how most days I jump on my scales at home, just to see how I am doing. Well, as usual, I did it this morning & I had gone up another lb on Monday morning (3lbs up from Sunday morning). Felt very desperate & changed out of my jeans into a pair of leggings & didn't have any breakfast before I went to the class (it's at 9.15am). Who am I kidding:rolleyes:?

Well done, perseverence is what's needed, note to self:)

I am really struggling today. I have been really good with cooking my own dinners but today i just didn't have the energy so had what everyone else was having and felt like rubbish after, it wasn't an unhealthy meal but I still went over my daily allowance by about 4 pro points. Still have only slightly dipped into my weekly allowance but just dont have the motivation that i did last week. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hi Eabha,
    I used to eat 2 pieces toast for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch. Now I have 1 piece of toast for breakfast. If I have carbs at all during the day it's at lunchtime.
    The only carbs I eat in the evening are vegetables. But I'm still hungry and just about with great effort stay within 29 points. I eat no more than 3 pieces of fruit a day.

I'm seem to go through my weekly points in 2 days :(

Bernso wrote: »
    First weigh in today and down 3 lbs. Delighted!
    I am out guns blazing to get into the 10 stones mark next week as 11 st 0.5 ibs now.

Great result. Good luck on seeing the 10 stone something next week.

lil kc wrote: »
    I am really struggling today. I have been really good with cooking my own dinners but today i just didn't have the energy so had what everyone else was having and felt like rubbish after, it wasn't an unhealthy meal but I still went over my daily allowance by about 4 pro points. Still have only slightly dipped into my weekly allowance but just dont have the motivation that i did last week. :(

Put it behind you - 4pps isn't much. Maybe if you get a good walk for an hour over the next few days to compensate, you'll feel better about it. I know how hard it is to have to cook separate dinners, especially when everyone else's is probably nicer - I struggle with it too. Some days I just get so fed up cooking. And then there's the days that I make a big pot of soup to keep me going for a few days & someone else eats it GRRR!:mad:

Eabha & Slaygal, I found that last week I was starving most days, but this week I haven't been as hungry. Maybe it'll get easier as time progresses. I'm hoping my stomach has shrunk!

Put it behind you - 4pps isn't much. Maybe if you get a good walk for an hour over the next few days to compensate, you'll feel better about it. I know how hard it is to have to cook separate dinners, especially when everyone else's is probably nicer - I struggle with it too. Some days I just get so fed up cooking. And then there's the days that I make a big pot of soup to keep me going for a few days & someone else eats it GRRR!:mad:

Ha I know and my family get so annoyed when I dont eat with them or eat the same food as them but I know i have to do it that way. Thanks fofany, best of luck with your weight loss

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

So after a slow start last week (I lost 1lb), this week (end of week 2)I am down an additional 4lb :D
    Very happy, I started cycling in and out of work again last week so I think that's really helped things. I used more of my weekly points this week (still had some left over though) but left my activity points so I'll try that again this week and see how I get on.
    I have a night out on Saturday so the weekly points will likely get used up fairly quickly but I'll just work a little harder on the cycles home for the rest of the week
    I am really enjoying Pro Points, I haven't been hungry at all and am not tempted to snack so fingers crossed I can keep this up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Made shepards pie yesterday with quorn instead of mince and mashed turnip and carrot instead of mashed potatoe. massive portions for 5points a piece.
    upside - my boyfriend loved it(didnt tell it wasnt real mince)
    downside - he went back for seconds last night and ate my dinner for today!!!
    Had to think up something for new today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement