Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Well I discovered something wonderful at lunch time......
    the M&S Count on Us range have the WW points on them! :)
    I had a yummy "nacho chicken" wrap which was just 7PP and a packet of Count on Us Lightly Salted Crisps for 2pp.
    (Watch out - the crisps are old stock and had the old point value on them!)
    Well done on the losses everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

kashmir wrote: »
    Most slices of bread white or brown are 2 pp for one slice. There are some like the Brennans multi grain which are 3pp per slice. The important thing to remember is that different quantities can work out differently (this is because there are no half points) so 2 slices of bread are usually 5pp. I point things as much as I can rather than depending on the list and I point it based on the quantity I am eating. Pat the Baker brown beard and batch are the same..

I pointed Brennans wholemeal bread at 4pp for 2 slices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

EveT wrote: »
    thanks a mill, does anyone know what the walkers baked are? will go back to start of thread later on when not in work.

how do people find it compared to the old program?

Hi EveT.
    I'm sure you're get loads of replies, but I think everyone is finding the programme good so far.
    Was at a different meeting than my usual one today and the clerk was telling us that between 3 classes last week they had a total of weight loss of almost 19st :eek:

The first week was the most difficult, getting used to all the new points values. Finding that some of your favourites are no longer worth the points. It's like when you joined for the very first time and you were figuring out points for everything.

I find the iwatchr app really handy. You can check things when you're in the supermarket and track what you eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Ok hate to ask this but am planning on being a little bold tonight!

Does anyone know roughly how much would be in a small slice of pizza and also a bag of chips from the chipper?

I am planning on having a half bag of chips, slice of pizza and loads of salad!

Depends on the pizza. I bought a Goodfellas deep pan pepperoni last week and the whole thing was 36 PP :eek::eek:. (It was shared between 4 of us so 9PP each!)
    But our leader had a Goodfellas chicken thin crust at the class last night and the whole thing was only 24 PP.
    And then someone at the class was talking about some of the mini pizzas being 11 PP.
    I think the best thing to do would be to point it yourself. If it's a frozen pizza and you know which one you're having, let me know and I can find the Nutritional info on the tesco.ie site and point it for you. Just post it up here and I'll look it up.
    As for the half bag of chips, I haven't a clue - sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

The weight watchers book says a chipper portion of chips
    210g is 14pp
    350g 24pp

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

hi all,

thanks a mill for the replies,

so what things do I need to watch out for starting out that were ok before and are bad now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭03046290

I know someone pointed a ristorante pizza a few pages back ... I think it's 12 points for half (correct me if Im wrong). If you could I would cook a pizza at home rather than buy it in a takeaway.

as for the chips I think McDonalds are somewhere in the handout that you got week 2. Hope this helps.

so what things do I need to watch out for starting out that were ok before and are bad now?

Wine! I don't drink but everyone in my class was going mad that a bottle of wine used to be 7 points and now apparently it's 20 PP !!

And low fat yoghurts seem to all be 3pp. I used to love one after lunch just to get that sweet fix but 3pp is a lot so the WW logic is working and I go for fruit instead!

Other than that I haven't noticed too much of a change. Anything that was bad before is just as bad now - except cheese has come down in points because of the protein - yaay !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

I just made soup out of veg that we had in the fridge - didnt follow any recipe as I wanted to use up what was there. Red cabbage, broccoli, carrots and mushrooms. It tasted GORGEOUS (if I do say so myself!) & it was the most unusual purple colour (which makes a nice change from the usual brown/green colour most veg soup turns out!) :)

• Advertisement

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Wine! I don't drink but everyone in my class was going mad that a bottle of wine used to be 7 points and now apparently it's 20 PP !!

And low fat yoghurts seem to all be 3pp. I used to love one after lunch just to get that sweet fix but 3pp is a lot so the WW logic is working and I go for fruit instead!

Other than that I haven't noticed too much of a change. Anything that was bad before is just as bad now - except cheese has come down in points because of the protein - yaay !!

Have you checked the WW own brand yoghurts. I bought some a couple of weeks ago and thought they were lower than that.
    I'm probably mixing it up with something else tho.

kildareash wrote: »
    Have you checked the WW own brand yoghurts. I bought some a couple of weeks ago and thought they were lower than that.
    I'm probably mixing it up with something else tho.

Thanks Kildareash - sorry, should have said, the WW low fat yoghurts are lower - 1PP I think - but they're not half as nice!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

I tired your idea today & it owrked a treat :) I used a bag of Lidl frozen "brocolli mix" which is broc, cauli & carrots. Boiled with water & 2 tsp of marigold buillon. A good seasoning after blending is needed.
    But very cheap 0 ppt soup, thanks.

Good woman! I've converted loadsa peope to this. It's mega cheap too considering all you get out of it..
    My ww leader said I can count 2 pp for the 2 stockpots if I want but she said the little calories in the actual divided portions of soup would equate to 0 points anyway! Love it!
    Again it aint feckin veg stock that has me doing ww is it LOL!
    Glad you like the soup - is it mega handy or wha:D

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Thanks Kildareash - sorry, should have said, the WW low fat yoghurts are lower - 1PP I think - but they're not half as nice!! ;)

No prob, I wasn't 100% certain what was in them. But I thought they tasted ok...wouldn't eat a lot of youghurts to be honest.
    Bernso wrote: »
    Good woman! I've converted loadsa peope to this. It's mega cheap too considering all you get out of it..
    My ww leader said I can count 2 pp for the 2 stockpots if I want but she said the little calories in the actual divided portions of soup would equate to 0 points anyway! Love it!
    Again it aint feckin veg stock that has me doing ww is it LOL!
    Glad you like the soup - is it mega handy or wha:D

I'm gonna try this soup aswell. Never thought of using frozen veg.:rolleyes:
    So many times I've kept veg planning to make a soup and ended up throwing them out when I didn't get round to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

astra2000 wrote: »
    I havent used it but someone posted it before at 3pp, must try it soon.

Re the shake & bake seasoning in bag.
    That was me, it was pretty disgusting, I'm sorry I wasted my lovely M&S chicken breasts on it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

I think I was at the same meeting, in front of you in the queue!! ;)

I was looking for a good handy app myself instead of getting the calculator.. checked that one your talking about and it doesnt say anywhere is WW.. how do you know the points it calculates are ProPoints?

Today, in our class the total loss was over 5st!! which is not bad at all, but there was loads of people.. and I mean loads..

It was mi first time btw.. so my first week!! Read the thread a bit over the last few days and i think is great come here, share experiences, find facts and points.. So will be coming often, see how we all are progressing!! :D
    Hi EveT.
    I'm sure you're get loads of replies, but I think everyone is finding the programme good so far.
    Was at a different meeting than my usual one today and the clerk was telling us that between 3 classes last week they had a total of weight loss of almost 19st :eek:

The first week was the most difficult, getting used to all the new points values. Finding that some of your favourites are no longer worth the points. It's like when you joined for the very first time and you were figuring out points for everything.

I find the iwatchr app really handy. You can check things when you're in the supermarket and track what you eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ann1986

Just joined this forum. Back in weight watchers after a two year absence was up a stone and a half after loosing three. down half a stone with the new programme over three weeks i feel it is coming off a lot slower this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Re the shake & bake seasoning in bag.
    That was me, it was pretty disgusting, I'm sorry I wasted my lovely M&S chicken breasts on it tbh.

Thanks for the warning dont want to be wasting my points on something thats yuk:D which flavour did you try?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

well i was nearly sick at the thought of the weigh in today, but after all my whinging i was down 3 .5 pounds. can't believe it

Well done M'lADY and all who lost this week.

Where can i get the Quorm mince.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

astra2000 wrote: »
    Thanks for the warning dont want to be wasting my points on something thats yuk:D which flavour did you try?

the rustic one that was free in the sunday world with the ww supplement.
    You could use the same concept using natural seasoning & a turkey roasting abg from the supermarket I'd say.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna try this soup aswell. Never thought of using frozen veg.:rolleyes:
    So many times I've kept veg planning to make a soup and ended up throwing them out when I didn't get round to it.

I know right? I had a bit of a Eureka moment when this came to me. I've never looked back. I'm not arsed chopping and prepping for soup when I've to do the same for dinns. This makes it simple.
    Recipe:
    Open bag and empty into pot
    Add hot water and stock pots
    Boil and blend
    Serve
    LOL, my kinda recipe:D

arandale wrote: »
    well i was nearly sick at the thought of the weigh in today, but after all my whinging i was down 3 .5 pounds. can't believe it

Well done missus.
    Pick up quorn in forzen section of any supermarket beside the veggies/ veggie products.
    Great loss!

amira wrote: »
    I think I was at the same meeting, in front of you in the queue!! ;)

I was looking for a good handy app myself instead of getting the calculator.. checked that one your talking about and it doesnt say anywhere is WW.. how do you know the points it calculates are ProPoints?

Today, in our class the total loss was over 5st!! which is not bad at all, but there was loads of people.. and I mean loads..

It was mi first time btw.. so my first week!! Read the thread a bit over the last few days and i think is great come here, share experiences, find facts and points.. So will be coming often, see how we all are progressing!! :D

It's not WW brand. I just seen it recommended on here after christmas. At the time it wasn't updated for propoints, but there is a misc calculator where you can enter your own values.
    But they updated it about a week ago or so for propoints. I've checked it against stuff that's in the book and it's always been the same.
    It's handy coz you can save everything into your favourites, so once you write it in once it'll always be there.
    Plus the tracker is divided up in breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks and will count down your allowance.

I wouldn't feel comfortable pulling the WW calculator out of my handbag in a supermarket, but no one knows what I'm doing on the phone ;)

Good luck btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I pointed Brennans wholemeal bread at 4pp for 2 slices.

yes, and it's lovely, really tasty and filling.

Well done mrs, delighted for you. Hope your doing ok x

EveT wrote: »
    hi all,

thanks a mill for the replies,

Wine..............

forgot to ask, did you all get the calander with the lovely receipes.
    Thanks for the imfo on the Chicken Season & Shake, what a waste of good points.

Thanks Kildareash, much more upbeat now. That heavy pain in my heart is still there but thats no surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

having an up and down week! Weight in not till sunday morning. I'll be hitting the gym thursday, friday ,saturday. But have a spanish dinner party tonight as its my mums 62nd birthday, my cousin is spanish so big 5 course dinner party tonight. I'll work my but off for the rest of the week. So I'm already at peace with what ever the scales say sunday morning!

the sugar spurge was so NOT worth it yesterday...i felt like **** all last night and today...sluggish and bloated and just blaaaah! I'm buzzing when i eat healthy foods.

• Advertisement

Great stuff, well done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement