Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Does anyone know pro points for soy sauce and seasme oil?

Trying to convert my usual ww (old) points daily menu over to the new points system- looks like I am only eating 1/2 the points I am meant to!!! The new system is very confusing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

smileyface1, I'm the same as you. Went out for dinner yesterday & when I stood on my home scales this morning, I was 2lb up on yesterday morning! Why do we torture ourselves by having a sneaky check on how we're doing? I have WI tomorrow morning so I know that's the one I should be going by - I just can't help myself standing on my scales at home too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Does anyone know pro points for soy sauce and seasme oil?

Trying to convert my usual ww (old) points daily menu over to the new points system- looks like I am only eating 1/2 the points I am meant to!!! The new system is very confusing!!!

3 tablespoons (15ml each) of soy sauce = 1pp
    1 teaspoon (5ml) of sesame oil = 1pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Just back from my weekend in Spain. Had a fab time but would scare myself if I calculated the points for all the food and drink consumed over the weekend. Have my WI on Weds so will see what damage is done and start afresh on Thurs. Walked everywhere so hopefully that will help a bit.

Welcome to all the new people and well done to any one who had losses in the last few days.

Eabha x

I know Fofany!

I just knew it would be bad news and left me feeling annoyed with my self for the day..have to admit I have not learnt my lesson though- I love the sneeky peeks!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Just back from my weekend in Spain. Had a fab time but would scare myself if I calculated the points for all the food and drink consumed over the weekend. Have my WI on Weds so will see what damage is done and start afresh on Thurs. Walked everywhere so hopefully that will help a bit.

Welcome to all the new people and well done to any one who had losses in the last few days.

Eabha x

Glad to hear any damage done was well worth it. Welcome home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

fofany wrote: »
    smileyface1, I'm the same as you. Went out for dinner yesterday & when I stood on my home scales this morning, I was 2lb up on yesterday morning! Why do we torture ourselves by having a sneaky check on how we're doing? I have WI tomorrow morning so I know that's the one I should be going by - I just can't help myself standing on my scales at home too.
    This used to be my down fall would weigh myself between my official weigh in and see a gain and get disheartened. I still weigh myself in between but I only count what my weight is on weighin day, this is a big break through for me, now I only wish I could stop myself stepping on those scales between weighins!

Just a general tip, I'm sure most of ye know this already.

but do try to drink 1.5 - 2 litres of water a day...it REALLY does make the difference, the weeks i dont drink my water properly I don't lose as much!

3 pint glasses is just under 2 litres. So just knock em back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

fofany wrote: »
    Glad to hear any damage done was well worth it. Welcome home.

Thanks fofany. It was definitely worth it so if I am a few lbs up I'll be ok with it.
    astra2000 wrote: »
    This used to be my down fall would weigh myself between my official weigh in and see a gain and get disheartened. I still weigh myself in between but I only count what my weight is on weighin day, this is a big break through for me, now I only wish I could stop myself stepping on those scales between weighins!

I'm a demon for stepping on the scales every morning. Made a new rule last week to stop doing it. I think it might make me more determined to work hard for my official WI given that I don't have a clue what I weigh during the week.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Thanks fofany. It was definitely worth it so if I am a few lbs up I'll be ok with it.

I'm a demon for stepping on the scales every morning. Made a new rule last week to stop doing it. I think it might make me more determined to work hard for my official WI given that I don't have a clue what I weigh during the week.

Oh I'm so guilty of doing that....but try take into account some foods/meals take longer to pass than other meals. (sorry for being gross and graphic)

even if you ate nothing but 0pt veg for dinner chances are in the morning you would still weight in a little bit heavier. But within a day or so, that food in the belly weight should be gone, granted that you've gone back to your healthy eating regime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭StrawberryJazz

Hey :)

Im looking for some fruit recipes...any ideas where I could get some good low fat, weight watchery ones?

In fact can anybody recommend a good book for them?

fruit fruit fruit I love FRUIT:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Hi All

Feeling a bit fed up- onto week 4 and this is usually where I start to crack so thought I would come here for a bit of support.

Managed to get down to 146 from 154.4 since 1st Jan.
    But had a really nice mum cooked Bday dinner for my sister last night- stood on the scales today and I'm up 2lbs! Gutted...plus ts the oh bday on Wed so were going out for dinner for that too..

Just trying to stick to my points this week and try to do some exercise- thought I am not feeling it today...

Also think I am feeling a bit down that I managed to loose some weight, I am a size 12 my waist is 29" and I am still considered overweight! nuts

Sorry for my moan...

You've done so wel smileyface seriously DO NOT get down about it.
    You enjoyed a splurge so be it? Treat that as last week and treat the birthday dinner as next week and use you're weekly points for that.
    I'm hoping to be 154 this week and then I'm on your journey (WI tomorrow).
    Keep the head up get some walks in and you'll see that 142 and that lovely 140 in no time!:D

Hey :)

Im looking for some fruit recipes...any ideas where I could get some good low fat, weight watchery ones?

In fact can anybody recommend a good book for them?

fruit fruit fruit I love FRUIT:p

grilled fruit kebabs

http://grilledfruitrecipes.blogspot.com/

i'm getting all inspired about baking and cooking as my muffins turned out so nice! :D i find it rather relaxing! grea way to destress after a week in college

Now I know we all have different tastes e.g. I'm not into sweet so much as savoury but I just made this dinner and it was YUM so thought I'd share.

I love mashed turnip in general as it's 0 points. I usually have it 4 nights a week with gravy with whatever I'm eating.

Tonight I made a large pot (bought prepped as it's loadsa hassle to chop).
    Boiled and mashed with salt and pepper.
    Fried up an onion with some chopped carrot and garlic and added a full bag of Quorn mince (6pp for whole bag)
    Addded a sachet of savoury mince mixed with 3/4 pint of cold water and simmered for 25mins (3pp in whole sachet)

I then placed all the turnip along the bottom of a baking dish and emptied all the savoury mince on top.

I grated an entire block of weight watchers cheddar (Only 10 points for whole block) on top and popped in oven for 20 minutes

I've decided to have this over three evenings which is 3 very large portions. It was so yummy and filling. This ww cheddar is great melted not so hot if not.

So this means 3 very large scrummy let's call it 'skinny shepards pie' is only 6pp per portion. I am going to eat myself slim!:)

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    grilled fruit kebabs

http://grilledfruitrecipes.blogspot.com/

i'm getting all inspired about baking and cooking as my muffins turned out so nice! :D i find it rather relaxing! grea way to destress after a week in college

Thanks,

Im really into fruit but am missing crumbles, pies etc so I'll keep looking for more inspiration :)

Anyone got some recipes for Minute steak?

100g Lean Minute Steak is 4pp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Bernso wrote: »
    Now I know we all have different tastes e.g. I'm not into sweet so much as savoury but I just made this dinner and it was YUM so thought I'd share.

I love mashed turnip in general as it's 0 points. I usually have it 4 nights a week with gravy with whatever I'm eating.

Tonight I made a large pot (bought prepped as it's loadsa hassle to chop).
    Boiled and mashed with salt and pepper.
    Fried up an onion with some chopped carrot and garlic and added a full bag of Quorn mince (6pp for whole bag)
    Addded a sachet of savoury mince mixed with 3/4 pint of cold water and simmered for 25mins (3pp in whole sachet)

I then placed all the turnip along the bottom of a baking dish and emptied all the savoury mince on top.

I grated an entire block of weight watchers cheddar (Only 10 points for whole block) on top and popped in oven for 20 minutes

I've decided to have this over three evenings which is 3 very large portions. It was so yummy and filling. This ww cheddar is great melted not so hot if not.

So this means 3 very large scrummy let's call it 'skinny shepards pie' is only 6pp per portion. I am going to eat myself slim!:)

i made shepards pie using quorn instead of mince and mashed carrot and turnip for the topping, my partner just had seconds - he doesnt even know its not mince ha ha and i dont have the heart to tell him!!!

Bernso wrote: »
    You've done so wel smileyface seriously DO NOT get down about it.
    You enjoyed a splurge so be it? Treat that as last week and treat the birthday dinner as next week and use you're weekly points for that.
    I'm hoping to be 154 this week and then I'm on your journey (WI tomorrow).
    Keep the head up get some walks in and you'll see that 142 and that lovely 140 in no time!:D

Thanks Bernso- and good luck with your goal this week too!
    Going to go do my nails now so that I cant snack!! ( although just had a yummy stir fry!)

Beef stir fry
    serves 2

100g beef (marinade in 1tbsp on soy, 1tsp of sesame, 2 grated garlic, 1 grated ginger)
    80g mix wild rice ( tesco)
    1/2 red, yellow and green pepper
    1 red onion
    150g mushroom
    1tbsp oyster sauce
    tbsp fresh chopped corriander

Stir fry beef with marinade
    Add veg
    Add oyster sauce
    add corriander
    mix in rice
    Serve!

yum yum!

Thanks,

Im really into fruit but am missing crumbles, pies etc so I'll keep looking for more inspiration :)

My mum makes this yummy hot fruit dish...

1 banana
    1 apple
    50g cranberries ( think she uses dried ones)
    1 pear
    1 orange
    juice of 1 orange.
    Mix all together in a bowl with a sprinkling of cinnamon
    bake for 20 min

Serve with creme fraiche
    delish!

Birdie086 wrote: »
    i made shepards pie using quorn instead of mince and mashed carrot and turnip for the topping, my partner just had seconds - he doesnt even know its not mince ha ha and i dont have the heart to tell him!!!

LOL, nice one!
    Ya mine ate some too and loved it.

I can't big up this ww cheddar as a topping enough. Scrummy for like a whole block at 10pp.
    Going to make some nice homemade pitta style pizzas with this too.
    Anytime I;ve ever gotten my hands on a cheddar this low it's always been discontinued. Like I said crap plain but in toasties, as topping or melted in general it's the bomb comared to other light cheddar pp wise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Hi girls does the quorn mince really taste no different. I tried the turkey mince this week and I wasnt mad on it. That turnip shepards pie sound delicious

My mum makes this yummy hot fruit dish...

1 banana
    1 apple
    50g cranberries ( think she uses dried ones)
    1 pear
    1 orange
    juice of 1 orange.
    Mix all together in a bowl with a sprinkling of cinnamon
    bake for 20 min

Serve with creme fraiche
    delish!

Ah once again thank you so much! *runs to kitchen* :P

just remember to point the dried cranberries!

It does look yummy! Going to make note of it for the weekend!

you have to use the cranberries- they make it super tasty!!!

elsy wrote: »
    Hi girls does the quorn mince really taste no different. I tried the turkey mince this week and I wasnt mad on it. That turnip shepards pie sound delicious

Hi Elsy,
    It's deffo different but I am not a huge mince fan anyway.

It's just a differente version but considering we cover mince beef with bolognese or savoury mince sauces anyway, it aint the mince you're tasting right? It's just incredibly points friendly menaing you can have a huge portion for only 2pp (sauces extra). You have to use it with a sauce though as it tastes of nothing without.
    I'm not mad about turkey mince either.

Another huge plus for me is that it cooks in a few minutes. You simly heat it, add whatever sauce/ veg and then simmer for say 20-30mins. Uber convenient. Not like mince meat where ya have to drain off fat cook through etc.
    Try it and see I guess. Let me know what you think. I like the savoury mince sachet with it although have eaten it as bolognese too and loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MTF1

lil kc wrote: »
    Anyone have any good recipes for smoothies? I don't eat fruit but will happily drink it :rolleyes:

One banana, skimmed milk, 2 tablespoons of porridge oats & a tablespoon of natural youghurt-Yum:D not sure of the pps yet as i havnt had one since i started back-love them in the summer though

Tesco 10 Cod Fish Cakes

3pp each! REALLY yummy, they're actually potato and cod fish cakes

they are in tesco own brand, in the purple bag, 10 fish cakes for about 2 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hi all,
    So glad that day is over!

Just thought I's post some pictures of a couple of things I've made over the last few days.

The banana bread from the Sunday world supplement, is really nice and very easy to make. Trust me...I don't like anything overly complicated! It's very light and doesn't have a very strong banana taste.

Also, tonight I made naan bread pizza. The naan bread was 9pp...not sure if there are ones which are less. It was the only one in Aldi.
    I made my own tomato sauce using fresh garlic, a can of tomatoes and their sauce, 1/2 tsp of oregano and basil. It was really tasty. Haven't pointed it yet, but it shouldn't be too bad.
    For toppings I used wafter thin ham, green and yellow pepper, onion, pineapple and cheese. It actually looked much nicer than the picture depicts...the lighting is not great in the kitchen.
    I was really hungry, so I added 100grms of oven baked chips too, but it was quiet filling. Wld make a really nice lunch.

Ooh that looks yummy!!!

I make pizzas on brown pitta breads they are lower in points than naan.

Tip for a super good base sauce
    1-2 sprays of low fat cooking spray
    I onion chopped
    I garlic, crushed
    -fry gently for about 3 min
    ***A splash of balsamic vinegar ( believe me this makes a big diff!)
    add tin of tomatoes
    Fresh chopped basil salt and pepper

Done!

• Advertisement

Ooh that looks yummy!!!

I make pizzas on brown pitta breads they are lower in points than naan.

Tip for a super good base sauce
    1-2 sprays of low fat cooking spray
    I onion chopped
    I garlic, crushed
    -fry gently for about 3 min
    ***A splash of balsamic vinegar ( believe me this makes a big diff!)
    add tin of tomatoes
    Fresh chopped basil salt and pepper

Done!

So trying this. I love wholemeal pittas. With that ww cheddar and veg could make yummy ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement