Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

my housemate has just told me a Dime bar is 5pps

I've a quick ques for those in the know. Are light drinks eg. finches light, zero points the same way diet drinks are? Big bottle of Finches with my name on it and want to be sure
    Dx

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheGrecian

mrs wall wrote: »
    home shot 2 for 25mls pub measure 3

Thanks for that, gonna have to measure out my nightly Jamies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mrs wall

no light drinks have some sugar and carbs so they will prob point:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Quality wrote: »
    I think it all depends on how much weight you need to lose in the first place. I would use the BMI as a guide. set yourself small goals at first. so the 5% and 10% goals and then to get to a healthy BMI

Set your goals small and attainable and then have your long term goal in mind, especially if you have a lot of weight to lose.

thanks everyone, I've passed my 5% and 10% and I think I'm in the home straight, its just deciding where the finish line is going to be. I think I'll try and nab the leader about it next week.

BTW I was not lovin the plan last week which was my week 1, but now I'm sold!there's a definite difference in my energy levels, like I find now when I exercise I don't tire as quickly.
    Thanks everyone, all your success stories, really helped me to keep focused when i wanted a malteaser binge! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

dottie lottie - I set mine as my bmi 24 (10st) , attainable & maintainable. So then you get your gold card & don't have to pay for classes.
    Now personally I'm happier at 9'7 so that's my own goal, and where I've been (apart from holiday/xmas fluctuations) for over a year now.
    I think it's in ones best interest financially to set your official ww goal at the top end of the healthy range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

down another 1lb at wi tonight :) onwards and downwards as they say

new week from tomorrow for me..hope everyone has a good one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Lost half a pound this week :D Was really delighted, coz I hadn't been tracking since Friday. So we're back in the zone now.

One lady in the meeting tonight lost 13.5lbs in her first week :eek: The gasp around the room when she said told everyone was funny!

Coz I'm not working this week, I'm not on here as much, but I have been keeping up with everyone's progress.
    Some of ye are doing amazingly well...good on ya! I know a couple of people were a bit disappointed with their results this week. But stick with it, and hopefully you'll see better results next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

dottie lottie - I set mine as my bmi 24 (10st) , attainable & maintainable. So then you get your gold card & don't have to pay for classes.
    Now personally I'm happier at 9'7 so that's my own goal, and where I've been (apart from holiday/xmas fluctuations) for over a year now.
    I think it's in ones best interest financially to set your official ww goal at the top end of the healthy range.

I never thought of it like that, thats a very good point! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

OH MY GOD SO TIRED THIS WEEK!

I cant move and all i want to do is eat! Gotta track properly for the rest of the week! I haven't been sleeping welll...so that throwing me all off :(

Bed early tonight to recharge batteries and maybe i can salvage the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Lady Lainy wrote: »

I cant move and all i want to do is eat! Gotta track properly for the rest of the week! I haven't been sleeping welll...so that throwing me all off :(

Go to bed with a big mug of soothing herbal tea & a book.

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »

Oh hate not sleeping well, coz it just affects everything. I was finding it so hard to wake up last week.

Took a few days off this week and although I had to be up early yesterday morning, I do feel like I'm re-energizing.

Try take a bit of time for yourself over the weekend, maybe go for a facial or a massage, if the finances allow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Going to hit the gym at the weekend....to un-do some of my snacking damage, i havent been over eating....just not eating the right stuff. Once I feel "healthy" that'll spur me on again. After aching at the gym going to chill out with a boxset! :DA non-food reward! Also going to make those muffins if i can get all the ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Just back from my 2nd WI on propoints and I'm down another 3!! Am delighted, 8lbs in 2 weeks and I got my first silver 7! I am so impressed with this program. Its so much more of a lifestyle change than the other one. Am never hungry or feeling hard done by. And its so encouraging to see everyone else do so well on it! Keep up the good work everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Just back from my 2nd WI on propoints and I'm down another 3!! Am delighted, 8lbs in 2 weeks and I got my first silver 7! I am so impressed with this program. Its so much more of a lifestyle change than the other one. Am never hungry or feeling hard done by. And its so encouraging to see everyone else do so well on it! Keep up the good work everyone :)

Brilliant result.

Well done on your first silver 7...the first of many I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

lost 3 more this week so ive lost 11lbs in two weeks. still going to gym every 2nd day. its great cos its open sat-sun,s, so kids can come cos down stairs there is a place for them to run around in while im upstairs doing me bit. im finding propoints better . i dumped the wheel for finding out the points but bought the calulator ,great bit of machinery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hi Everyone
    Just back from my Weigh In down 1.5 pounds, 3.5 pounds in 2 weeks.

Well done on your 1st Silver Seven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Hey everyone.
    Delighted with all your losses, well done!
    I started last week and was due to weigh in Tuesday.
    Don't know why but decided to eat loadsa ****e on Monday night. massive bowl of pasta and opened a tin of biscuits. Enough said!
    I know from my own weigh in I was down 3 pounds despite not having exercised. Had to really ask myself why i was being so destructive like wtf? Only depressing myself more!
    Apparantely it was thee most depressing day of the year so putting it down to that. Started back on it Tuesday morning again and hoping to be down next Tuesday, (Didn't go to weigh in after the binge!):mad:

Setting a goal of a stone and if I finally see it (10 stone) I may well aim for 9 then. I think I'm focused then the above happens - so so annoying!

Been fluy all week too but sticking to it regardless. it is deffo a much healthier way of eating. Onwards and upwards (or downwards!:))

• Registered Users Posts: 48 tiptoe shortbread

Worried about my WI tomorrow as didn't do enough exercise at all this week due to desperate shin splints since Monday night (I suffer from them a lot), was definitely down when I did a sneaky weigh in yesterday morning but every week I freak out that I won't have lost when I get on the scales.....cross your fingers for me.....

Worried about my WI tomorrow as didn't do enough exercise at all this week due to desperate shin splints since Monday night (I suffer from them a lot), was definitely down when I did a sneaky weigh in yesterday morning but every week I freak out that I won't have lost when I get on the scales.....cross your fingers for me.....

Best of luck hun, crossing everything for ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 tiptoe shortbread

Thanks Bernso, DH is here telling me not to be silly and I'm looking at the treadmill thinking a 30 minute walk will sort me out....off to get plasters for my heels to stop new runners cutting.....will let you all know how I get on tomorrow....

Thanks Bernso, DH is here telling me not to be silly and I'm looking at the treadmill thinking a 30 minute walk will sort me out....off to get plasters for my heels to stop new runners cutting.....will let you all know how I get on tomorrow....

Ha! Now there's dedication. i need some of this push to go exercise. Chat ya tomorr!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 smurfmurf

Hi Help!!SERIOUSLY need glass o vino!!Does anyone know what the pro points are in the weightwatchers wine it used to be 1 point a glass my calculator is saying 0 points which can't be right HEEEEEEEEELLLLPPPPP!!
    Thanks guys!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

First weigh in for me, and down 5lbs!! delighted! Gonna work my ass off this week to make sure I get my first silver seven next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

dont go mad on excerising .if you not used to it take your time, anyway you can lose weight without sweating in the gym, what i did is go my own speed and work my way up and keep to it . ye are all doing so very well. dont beat yourselves up if ye have splurge .it happens to me when tired and fed up.

cats.life wrote: »
    lost 3 more this week so ive lost 11lbs in two weeks.

Wow, that's brilliant. Go you! Hope your seeing the results in your clothes to. They say 10lbs is a dress size.
    .off to get plasters for my heels to stop new runners cutting.....will let you all know how I get on tomorrow....

We were walking along the promenade in Salthill on sunday morning and I was laughing at the amount of women wearing new runners...I was raging I hadn't brought mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Go to bed with a big mug of soothing herbal tea & a book.

Dot would you be able to reccommend a nice herbal tea that might help to get to sleep, would be much appreciated I am wrecked every morning and when I go to bed cant sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jandm

Down 3.5 lbs last night - another 1.5 and I'll be back to where I was before Christmas :o
    Made some bad choices today :pac: but there's the rest of the week to make better choices, to track :D
    Keep up the good work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MTF1

Back in the old days off WW I used to come home on WI night & have a wee pig out! Came home last night & had regular dinner within my allowance! Because of this I felt great today & even had a green tea & loads of water (unheard of) It all felt so easy! Reason for posting is to remind myself & others that it IS easy & the hard bits are caused by the frame of mind & not a growling stomach;) results are fab with everyone-let's keep her lit & we'll be fab for Summer '11:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

weightwatchers wine - 3pp for 125ml

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement