Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 hockeysticks

Garden Gurl If I knew how to PM I would ..

Any idea if there are propoints in Ballymaloe Relish .. I know it was zero in the old points?
    Didn't lose any weight this week, my first week on propoints, so not taking any chances from now on .. going to propoint EVERYTHING!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

kildareash wrote: »
    Try not to be too upset about this...our bodies are strange things and there could be any number of reasons why you were up this week. But, looking at the bigger picture...your half a stone lighter than you were two weeks ago. Keep focused on you mini-goal...10lbs does sound alot to loose in 4 weeks, but if you lost 8/9lbs in the same period wouldn't that be fantastic?

But this weekend, we were staying with friends and I was watching them put a whole tub of cream into beef stroganoff and just thought I couldn't eat it and they used so much olive oil too. I don't really want to have to tell everyone that I'm doing weight watchers when I'm invited for dinner.
    The alcohol was my own fault, but I've decided to not drink for the next few weeks now.

How do other people deal with this kind of thing?

Thanks, I have decided to forget about the gain & continue on.

I know what you mean about eating at other people's houses. My mum invited us over for dinner on Sunday night, but I got out of it because my OH was going on night shift & would be sleeping up until he was going to work. I can't help eating everything when it's put in front of me. There will be plenty of other times though:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Hi everyone,

I had steak and baby potatoes last night and it was the nicest dinner I've had in weeks!!

225g Sirloin Steak (7PP) cooked with a few sprays of low cal spray & 300g baby potatoes (6PP) and gravy (pointed it as 2PP as I had a good bit).

My downfall is that I don't like vegetable / pasta / rice!!! I don't mind veg in a caserole / soup but just can't eat them on my plate....apart from potatoes!

I'm loving the new system as I haven't eaten so much fruit in all my life as I have the last week...and I'm enjoying it too! :)

Weigh in tomorrow night so we'll see how things went...

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Woohoo - this new plan has clicked for me this week!! WI this morning and am 5 lbs down!!!! Yippee! I had actually put this as my mini-goal for end of Jan, now have to review goals! This got me my second stone - which i've been close to for ages but never quite got there!
    This was despite the fact that i had family reunion over the weekend which was a big buffet dinner at cousins house, followed by night out - i couldn't track (remember!!!) how many vodkas there were, so i just drew a big line through my 49 extra for that day, and activity points from the whole week for hangover brekkie the next morning!!
    Was back on track once that was over and am bloody delighted as was a little disappointed last week!
    Roll on April for my third stone before my hols!!!
    Mad thing is, i said i must reward myself with something and food never entered my brain - went to bookshop instead!! Think my brain is getting skinny too!!!
    Keep it up girls, i have been good for 2 weeks but only saw the results today, last week was half pound up even though had been pretty good, its weird it just takes time to see the results sometimes!
    Eimear x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

kildareash wrote: »
    Congratulations on reaching your own goal dotcom....majorly jealous and delighted for you! Any tips or advice of what worked for you or helped you on your journey?

Thanks, a combination of sheer bloody mindedness and a new found love of exercise got me to goal & has kept me there (I got my gold card in October 09)
    I started the couch to 5k programme a month after I joined and it really helped, I also do weight-training which I love.
    I made ww my personal project and really stuck to it. I was so sick of "trying" for years that I made my mind up that I was going to do it for once & for all and stop being miserable about how I looked and felt.

hth
    dcd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

can anyone tell me how many pp are in the small tube of mini eggs? I just saw them in the shop a few mins ago and remembered how much i love them :( didnt buy them though so if anyone can tell me the pp then maybe i might be able to have them as a treat at the weekend :)

Minx23 wrote: »

However I had to do a bit of rough estimation because on the points finder wheel the protein only goes up to 25 and there were 29 in each portion roughly. If anyone knows exactly the propoints value or even a website where I could find out that would be great.

Hi there, Leader told us last week that if something has more protein than is on the wheel, try dividing all the values by 2, then double the points you get and this should be reasonably accurate
    Hope this helps
    Eimear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sallyanne2

jackmax wrote: »
    can anyone tell me can you get your daily propoints allowance online or on the iphone app? I joined a class but my boyfriend wants to do it too but there is no men only class near enough to us. so he just wants to get his daily allowance. i thought i saw it somewhere on here but cant remember where. he has an iphone and is trying to get the iwatchr app now. thanks in advance :)

I don't know anything about iPhones or on line but if you bought him a WW calculator he can then enter his set up details and the calculator will tell you how many points a day he should be on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wewillloseit32

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Last week i used the majority of my treatpoints and lost 4.6lbs
    I kinda use a few each night, I tend to use them to have slightly bigger portions of good foods than spend them on "treats" Also spent them on sauces and dressings & mayonaise. Things to add flavour to healthy bland foods.

I used the majority of my 49 points too and also 4lbs - my leader said that they are built into the programme and that people should use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Congrats to everyone on your amazing WIs. Its nice to hear that people are losing weight and achieving their mini goals. It makes me push towards mine.

Eabha x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Well I'm very happy to say I lost 1.5lbs this week, which bring me to "my own goal" of 9'7 (my ww goal is 10st).
    Now my new goal is to lose 3 more pounds which will bring me to bmi 23, I think it will be hard work because I haven't been that kind of weight since my 20's, but I'm willing to give it a bash!

Well done Dotcomdolly!!! That is brilliant!! I am extremely jealous... would love to be 9'7! Fair play to u! I'm 10'7 at the mo... am struggling to lose anything... I always binge on the weekends and once I have a bad start to the day, I binge all that day too... im a disaster! Need to get my act together cos its really gettin me down at the mo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Hi everyone, I went back to meetings last week after doing the old plan for about 8 years....I'm 30 this year and don't want to be chunky n 30 aswell...... biggrin.gif

Hey Tiptoe- I'm 30 this year too- which has given me the kick in the arse I need!
    Just sick of not being comfy in my clothes and want to look good in the bday pics.
    Also have 2 weddings to go too!

Good luck with your journey and everyone on here is brilliant support!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Just found this recipe in a magazine, Its a unislim recipe but i've point it for us ww folks! If my mummy is nice enough to take me to tesco tomorrow I'm going to make them. They would be perfect for breakfast on the bus to college!

100ml skimmed milk
    100g self raising flour
    1 medium egg (45 - 60g)
    60g wheat bran
    60g of soft brown sugar
    (silverspoon do a reduced calorie soft brown sugar)
    125g blueberries or cranberries or raspberries (or a mix of any 0pt berries)

Servings: 6
    Recipe 22 propoints
    Per Serving: 4propints

1. Preheat the oven to 190 (gas mark 5)

2. Put Skimmed Milk and wheat bran in a bowl, stir well and soak for 10 minutes.

3. Beat the sugar and egg until well combined and then beat the bran mixture.

4. Sift in the flour spices, Fold in gently, but thoroughly, with a metal spoon in a figure of eight motion.

5. Stir in the berries to fold them evenly into the mixture.

6. Divide between six muffin cases.

7. Bake in preheated oven for 29 minutes or until muffins are risen and firm to the touch.

8. Cool on wire rack then store in upright tin or container in fridge.

i made these this afternoon and divided them into 11 small cases (2 pp each). had one after going swimming and i love them (although they are a little addictive) there so filling and my two year old loves them too

im going to bring 2 into college for breakfast tomorrow as they are such a brilliant breakfast idea and so much better than toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Packet of snack a jacks salt and vinegar - a whole 4pp!!! Looked them up after I ate them - total waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Yey had my weigh in down 2 and half lbs delighted thats 7 and half in 2 weeks. Well done everyone on their losses and those who didnt get the result they wanted hang on in there we all have our bad weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Lost 2.5lbs tonight, thats 6.5lbs in two weeks. Am thrilled to say the least!!!! :cool:

Loving the Pro Points plan. The first week I didn't touch the 49 weekly points & lost 4. I was very skeptical eating the 49 points this week but I did! And still had a good loss.

I feel so motivated I just hope I can keep it going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

well done everyone! Had a bit of a bold lunch today...so writing off my 49pts for the week! the lovely woman i'm doing work placement for, had a load of goodies set out for all the students, cos we were doing a particularly dirty cleaning job today. So at lunch we all sat down to watch a dvd.....I couldnt resist the goodies!

But i did put them into the tracker...i did point my boldness!

FYI....jam doughnut from tesco 7pt....I HAD TWO (plus 3 fun size milky way bars)....and to be honest...SO NOT WORTH IT! I would have preferred a giant mug of soup for 9pts! My stomach been in bits all evening from the crap i ate at lunch!

up tomorrow at 6am to use treadmill before college!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Packet of snack a jacks salt and vinegar - a whole 4pp!!! Looked them up after I ate them - total waste.

Is that the bigger pack?

I love the prawn cocktails ones (the bigger pack, prawn cocktail dont come in multi pack) and i pointed them on the calculater as 3PP..

The salt and vinegar multipack, per pack, i pointed on the calculator as 2PP.

Hope i'm not wrong as I have a pack from the multi pack with my lunch every day...

Monife wrote: »
    Is that the bigger pack?

I love the prawn cocktails ones (the bigger pack, prawn cocktail dont come in multi pack) and i pointed them on the calculater as 3PP..

Hope i'm not wrong as I have a pack from the multi pack with my lunch every day...
    I just pointed the 22g Sour Cream and Chive flavour from multipack - 3pp
    Haven't even tried them yet, hope they are nice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Monife wrote: »
    Is that the bigger pack?

I bought them in a newsagents and I pointed them from the ww shopping book. The packet was the about the size of a regular bag of tayto I think.
    I'm sure the multipack ones are smaller. Hope I didn't scare you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Great job everyone, great to see ppts suiting us! List a lb today which I'm pleased with. The last few lbs for me will be torture, but I'll get there even if it is just 1 or even .5 lb per week...

Onwards and downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

Wow boards.ie seems to be getting a major overhaul! I'm disappointed the food diary section is going, it was nice to see what other people were spending their points on and to see their journeys!

I'm down 2lbs this week hooray!! A good start seeing as I haven't gone back to ww and am just following propoints based on what I can find online. Still going to the internet everytime I need to point something new so I'm thinking of getting a calculator online, I think Lady Lainey said she got it on ebay?

Best of luck to everyone this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Wow boards.ie seems to be getting a major overhaul! I'm disappointed the food diary section is going, it was nice to see what other people were spending their points on and to see their journeys!

I'm down 2lbs this week hooray!! A good start seeing as I haven't gone back to ww and am just following propoints based on what I can find online. Still going to the internet everytime I need to point something new so I'm thinking of getting a calculator online, I think Lady Lainey said she got it on ebay?

Best of luck to everyone this week!!

Here is a free online one http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

I got my electronic calculator on ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MTF1

has anyone found any handy snacks and tricks, Just looking for a just in case quick fix snack, that if i was out, and had to grab something quick and cheap from a garage or centra...where i literly only 2 or 3 minutes before i gotta be class again. I just dont have room in my bag to be carrying around fruit or anything.

like can of diet coke and....

Weetabix do a lovely oaty bar @ 2pps. I wouldnt be a fan of cereal bars but these are yummy & filling. Would recommend the strawberry flavoured one:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MTF1

Down 3lbs tonight & am delighted! Used all daily & weekly points & had a good night out. Didnt use any weekly points last week & was down 1.5...There's definitely a method to the new system & I'm liking it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

multi pack meanies - 2ppt - great hangover cure

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ac08400

Hodgkins low fat sausages 1 PP each

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

End of week 1 and weigh in day was yesterday and I'm down 1lb. While I know ''every loss is a loss'', an unrealistic part of me wanted to be down a lot more! Oh well, I'm now on week 2 on PP plan and I've started cycling in and out of work again so I'll be interested to see the difference (if any) at weigh in next week. I will be dipping into my weekly allowance but will aim to leave any activity points I earn intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Monife

I worked the multi-pack size out at 2 PP aswell :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Just did my weigh in and down another 3.5 lbs which brings my loss to 7.5 in two weeks. I am delighted I didnt think I was going to lose more than 2lb. I used all my points and weekly points so it is working for me.
    Well done everybody on your weight losses, and thanks for posting them it gives us all great motivation.
    To those having a hard week, keep with it and well done for not giving up at the first hurdle! Best of luck to everyone weighing in this week:).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement