Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hillyrob

I found this usful website for checking out food products and there labels.

https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/FirstTimerWizard/Step1c.aspx

I had dried chickpeas in my cupboard and had placed them in a container so no longer had the label. I found them on here and was able to point them on my calculator. It might help to look up your favorite foods and point them before you buy them. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I've just started doing this and noticed a few posts for iPhone apps.

There's a few free ones for Android too but I've been using this

http://www.appbrain.com/app/ultimate-point-calculator-plus/com.fenlander.pointcalculatorplus

It's not free ($2.99). Tracks your progress, you can put in your favorites, has a calculator if you don't know the points and it has loads of favorites already defined. Has been pretty helpful for me so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

@ hillyrob - Thanks!

Chicken Tikka Masala with Spiced Basmati Rice: Per 100g
    Protein 7.4g
    Carbs 13.0g
    Fat 2.0g
    Fiber 0.7

OR per Pack

Protein 29.6g
    Carbs 52.0g
    Fat 8.0g
    Fiber 2.8g

Lemon & Ginger Chicken Curry with Spiced Rice: Per 100g
    Protein 7.7g
    Carbs 13.2g
    Fat 1.6g
    Fiber 1.4g

OR per Pack

Protein 30.8g
    Carbs 52.8g
    Fat 6.4g
    Fiber 5.6g

Chicken Korma with Spiced Basmati Rice: Per 100g
    Protein 8.0g
    Carbs 14.1g
    Fat 2.3g
    Fiber 0.8g

OR per Pack

Protein 29.2g
    Carbs 51.5g
    Fat 8.4g
    Fiber 2.9g

Sorry this has turned into a very long post!!!

Minx23 wrote: »
    @ hillyrob - Thanks!

Chicken Tikka Masala with Spiced Basmati Rice: Per 100g
    Protein 7.4g
    Carbs 13.0g
    Fat 2.0g
    Fiber 0.7

OR per Pack

Protein 29.6g
    Carbs 52.0g
    Fat 8.0g
    Fiber 2.8g

Lemon & Ginger Chicken Curry with Spiced Rice: Per 100g
    Protein 7.7g
    Carbs 13.2g
    Fat 1.6g
    Fiber 1.4g

OR per Pack

Protein 30.8g
    Carbs 52.8g
    Fat 6.4g
    Fiber 5.6g

Chicken Korma with Spiced Basmati Rice: Per 100g
    Protein 8.0g
    Carbs 14.1g
    Fat 2.3g
    Fiber 0.8g

OR per Pack

Protein 29.2g
    Carbs 51.5g
    Fat 8.4g
    Fiber 2.9g

Sorry this has turned into a very long post!!!
    Not a problem I just need the total weight of each pack, then I can work out the PP if you eat the whole thing:)

@ hillyrob

Chicken Tikka Masala with Spiced Basmati Rice - 400g

Lemon & Ginger Chicken Curry with Spiced Rice - 400g

Chicken Korma with Spiced Basmati Rice - 365g

• Advertisement

Minx23 wrote: »
    @ hillyrob

Chicken Tikka Masala with Spiced Basmati Rice - 400g

Lemon & Ginger Chicken Curry with Spiced Rice - 400g

Chicken Korma with Spiced Basmati Rice - 365g

In order as you listed them 10PP / 10PP / 11PP
    If you need help with anything else just ask. :)

@ hillyrob

Thats fantastic! Thanks so much for working those out, I really appreciate it :) The wheel is very fiddly to get things 100% accurate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Vickysg24

Yay I'm delighted I had my first WI and I've lost 4lbs in first week AND I had a bad saturday with lots of coors light and a chinese so really pleased with myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Bolognese Sauce – WW Suitable – good value!

Ingredients:
    Extra lean mince – about 1.3 kg (I use the 2 x 650g 95% lean mince from Dunnes) | €11.50 | 59 ProPoints |
    3 x 400g Chopped tomatoes (Roma) | €3.00 | 0 ProPoints |
    2 large Spanish Onions | €1.00 | 0 ProPoints |
    250g Brown mushrooms | €1.50 | 0 ProPoints |
    2 x bags Frozen peppers | €3.00 | 0 ProPoints |
    3 x 125ml glasses Red wine (half bottle) | €4.00 | 9 ProPoints |
    4 cloves garlic | €0.50 | 0 ProPoints |
    2 x Knorr Rich Beef Stock Pot | €0.80 | 1 ProPoints |
    Table spoon mixed Italian Herbs | €0.00 | 0 ProPoints |
    Spray Oil | €0.00 | 1 ProPoint |
    Black pepper | €0.00 | 0 ProPoint |

Makes 10 400g portions
    70 ProPoints = 7 ProPoints per portion
    Cost approx €25 = €2.50 per portion

Method:
    1. Finely dice the onions and put into a frying pan with some black pepper and spray oil. Cook on a medium heat until the onions are translucent
    2. Into a large pot or slow cooker, put 3 tins of tomatoes, two bags peppers, tables spoon Italian Herbs, 4 cloves of crushed garlic, 2 stock pots. Turn onto a low heat
    3. Finely slice the mushrooms and add to the pot
    4. In a second frying pan, dry fry the mince on a hot heat until browned. When browned add to the pot with the sauce. I usually fry the mince in 4-5 batches depending on size of frying pan.
    5. When you are finished frying the mince pour the wine into the frying pan and cook off the alcohol. When reduced add to the pot.
    6. When onions are cooked add to the pot.
    7. Give it all a good stir and cook on a low heat for 3 hours - or more! This is even better reheated the next day!

@ Vickysg24

Well done thats brilliant! Makes it all worthwhile when you get great results :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

Hi All,

Its been really interesting catching up on all the posts here. I was a WW member nearly 3 yrs ago and I lost 2 and a half stone at that stage. I have heard alot about this new propoints plans so I am rejoining this evening to re-jig my diet, hopefully it will kickstart some weightloss, my weight has levelled out over the past few months, almost as if my body has adapted to the points plan and it has stopped working :(

I was wondering if anyone had any quick fix lunchtime filler ideas which are low in Propoints? Soups are als good, although it does leave me feeling bloated and sluggish in the afternoon...maybe i am eating too much :D

aiming to loose 12lbs this time, how does everyone find the PP plan as opposed to the points? Its great to have the 49 pp allowance, at least we can enjoy the odd glass of vino without feeling overly guilty :)

there are some really helpful ideas on here, hopefully I can curb my sweet tooth over the next few weeks :L!!

Vickysg24 wrote: »
    Yay I'm delighted I had my first WI and I've lost 4lbs in first week AND I had a bad saturday with lots of coors light and a chinese so really pleased with myself :D
    Did you find out how much Coors light are? Well done on the weight loss:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Jewelsmousey

Hey guys

I started weightwatchers a week ago. I'm 5foot and 8stone 7lbs - I'd like to lose a stone. So I'm on 29 points. I used a good few of those splurge points last week and of course low and behold- I lost nothing. I run 4 days a week and in fact did a 10k on saturday for aware in 62 mins so I'm very fit. However, does anyone understand the splurge points. Like technically I can go over my 29 points every day with them? or are you supposed to not use them. I'm not sure I can lose weight if I keep using them. On the upside-I think making fruit free points was fantastic as I'm definitely snacking healthier. But I'm annoyed at this point. Anyone understand these stupid extra points:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Just back from my weighin & I was 2lbs up:confused:. I had stuck to my 29 pps per day & tracked every bite that went into my mouth. Had done a wee bit of exercise - mostly walking & then only allowed myself to eat my activity points extra - didn't touch my 49. My leader had no explanation. It's not TOTM for another 2 weeks, so it's not that either. So I came home an reached for an apple:D. Hopefully next week will show a loss.

Really gutted as I am going away in 3 1/2 weeks & I wanted to lose 8lbs from last week's weight before I go away. 8lbs in 4 weeks sounded very doable. Now I have 10lbs in 3 weeks to do - don't think I'll manage that:(.

Hopefully everyone else did a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

fofany wrote: »
    Just back from my weighin & I was 2lbs up:confused:. I had stuck to my 29 pps per day & tracked every bite that went into my mouth. Had done a wee bit of exercise - mostly walking & then only allowed myself to eat my activity points extra - didn't touch my 49. My leader had no explanation. It's not TOTM for another 2 weeks, so it's not that either. So I came home an reached for an apple:D. Hopefully next week will show a loss.

Really gutted as I am going away in 3 1/2 weeks & I wanted to lose 8lbs from last week's weight before I go away. 8lbs in 4 weeks sounded very doable. Now I have 10lbs in 3 weeks to do - don't think I'll manage that:(.

that must have been very disheartening, but at least you reached for an apple when u got home, i know i would have had a complete blowout!!!!! Keep the faith and hopefully next week you will see a nice drop on the scales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Jewelsmousey

Im the same- I didn't put anything up but I lost nothing. I used a lot of the extra points though -anyone know how to use these? Can you use them everyday? I don't think ill lose weight if I use a few every day. Or should you avoid using them

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Hey guys

I started weightwatchers a week ago. I'm 5foot and 8stone 7lbs - I'd like to lose a stone. So I'm on 29 points. I used a good few of those splurge points last week and of course low and behold- I lost nothing. I run 4 days a week and in fact did a 10k on saturday for aware in 62 mins so I'm very fit. However, does anyone understand the splurge points. Like technically I can go over my 29 points every day with them? or are you supposed to not use them. I'm not sure I can lose weight if I keep using them. On the upside-I think making fruit free points was fantastic as I'm definitely snacking healthier. But I'm annoyed at this point. Anyone understand these stupid extra points:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hi Jewelsmousey,
    I asked my leader last week about the 49 points and she said it was given as a weekly allowance rather than 7 extra daily points to avoid people having to save points for a night out or the weekend etc. She said the mentality now is that everyone can enjoy their full daily allowance and be confident that they will still lose weight, even if they have a splash out on a Friday night.
    It makes sense to me now. People can use it as 7 extra daily points if they want to - or not use it at all - and she gave examples of both where people from her morning class still lost 4.5 or 5 lbs.
    I used all of mine last week and lost 5lbs. I have used some of them this week but think I have still done well - my WI is tonight.
    There were people in my class who had used none of the weekly points and lost 4/5 lbs and also women who had used some or all of the weekly points and lost the same amount.
    Best of luck with it.

Im the same- I didn't put anything up but I lost nothing. I used a lot of the extra points though -anyone know how to use these? Can you use them everyday? I don't think ill lose weight if I use a few every day. Or should you avoid using them

Our leader encourages us to use them - that's what they are there for. I haven't used any of mine so far (only at it 2 weeks though!) but will this week as I am out for Sunday dinner.

Maybe you & I will have big losses next week. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 tiptoe shortbread

Hi everyone, have just read the whole 23 pages of this....PHEW! I went back to meetings last week after doing the old plan for about 8 years....I'm 30 this year and don't want to be chunky n 30 aswell...... :D

Loving the new plan, haven't been hungry at all and have used about 50% of my weekly point each week, I only use them at the weekends for a bag of crisps n some wine and would never really use them during the week (so far anyway......)

Glad to hear everyone's doing well and looking forward to the discussion.....and the 0 points fruit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Just back from my weighin & I was 2lbs up:confused:. I had stuck to my 29 pps per day & tracked every bite that went

Did
    You have a bad
    Week last week sometimes it takes a while to catch up??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Fofany if my memory serves me correct:) did you not lose a lot last week? Its probably your bodys way of evening out. last week I lost 4lb and I have a lot to lose, next time I weigh is tomo I had a sneaky weigh this morn and it looks like I have lost 2lb. Thats a total of 6lb over 2 weeks same as you!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 tiptoe shortbread

Hi everyone, I went back to meetings last week after doing the old plan for about 8 years....I'm 30 this year and don't want to be chunky n 30 aswell...... biggrin.gif

Loving the new plan, haven't been hungry at all and have used about 50% of my weekly point each week, I only use them at the weekends for a bag of crisps n some wine and would never really use them during the week (so far anyway......)

Glad to hear everyone's doing well and looking forward to the discussion.....and the 0 points fruit!!!

Hi Quality, I had a big loss the previous week - 8lbs! I was delighted, but had never had a loss that big before in all my years at WW. Astra, you are probably right in that my body is adjusting. Will let you all know how I get on next week. Thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

@ fofany Keep at it. next week will be really good for you!! You're nearly there.

I started back after a year and a half off it, hoping for a really good first weigh in!!

I have been a saint, weigh in tomorrow, I need a good kick start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Hard luck fofany, but well done on dealing it with it . Hpefully next week your body will ahve caught up with the new regime :)

Good luck witht he new plan tiptoe - you'll be trim & thirty!

Well I'm very happy to say I lost 1.5lbs this week, which bring me to "my own goal" of 9'7 (my ww goal is 10st).
    Now my new goal is to lose 3 more pounds which will bring me to bmi 23, I think it will be hard work because I haven't been that kind of weight since my 20's, but I'm willing to give it a bash!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

hi all, great thread!
    I've been using Thai 7 spice in my stir fry's, just marinate chicken prawns or turkey sausages in about 2-3 tablespoons for a wee while before you fry, with loads of 0 point veg, its delish- add whatever you feel like then, last night I added 2 heaped table spoons of cuscous- made with 7 spice added to the h2o, it depends on the meat and sides cucsous noodles pasta rice but you can easily keep this below 8pp definately below 10pp- plus i had a can of bulmers with it!! I love these 49 points extra!! I havent used them all, generally I mark off 3-4 per day for errors and or Milk in coffee etc that I may not have tracked...
    only back on WW a week, weigh in tmr...i was up 7.5lbs after xmas..CRINGE!!!!
    here comes round 2!
    good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

A list of things I've pointed since joining back to WW last week:

Brennans White Bread (per slice) 3PP
    WW Baked Beans (1/2 large tin) 3PP
    Chicken Breast 4PP
    Sirloin Steak (225g) 7PP
    Old El Paso Medium Wrap (each) 4PP
    Old El Paso Salsa (100g - just under less than half a jar) 1PP
    Low Fat Super Milk (100ml) 1PP
    Baby Potatoes (100g) 2PP
    Totally Tasty Rashers (100g - about 3 rashers) 5PP
    Denny White Pudding (100g - 1/2 pack) 5PP
    Tesco low fat easi single (per slice) 1PP
    Hunky Dory Cheese & Onions (from a multi pack) 4PP
    Kelkin Chocolate Rice Cake (each) 2PP
    WW White Pita Bread 3PP
    WW Chocolate Mini Roll (each) 3PP
    WW Tortilla Wrap (each) 3PP
    Dunnes White Pudding (100g - 1/3 Pack) 4PP
    Big Al's Hot & Spicy Goujons (100g - 1/4 Pack) 6PP
    Chipper Chips (210g bag) 14PP
    Cheese & Onion Velvet Crunch (20g) 2PP
    Thai Sweet Chilli Velvet Crunch (20g) 2PP
    Burger Bites 2PP
    Pink & Whites 1PP
    Rice Krispies (30g) 3PP
    Frosties (30g) 3PP
    Honey Loops (30g) 3PP
    Jelly Babies (per sweet) 1PP
    Bisto original Gravy (50ml as per back of pack / calculator) 0PP
    Aunt Bessies Yorkshire Pudding 1PP
    LFC's (25g) 3PP

Phew....everytime someone in my house picks up anything to eat I have the calculator out!! :)

I have the eating out guide / shopping book / calculator so if anyone needs anything pointed just PM me!

Hi garden gurl great list. I cant get over aunt bessies yorkshire puds pp1 thats great will be getting some to go with my roast this sun. Jelly babies pp1:eek: they could never be worth having. White pudding another nice suprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Just back from my weighin & I was 2lbs up
    Try not to be too upset about this...our bodies are strange things and there could be any number of reasons why you were up this week. But, looking at the bigger picture...your half a stone lighter than you were two weeks ago. Keep focused on you mini-goal...10lbs does sound alot to loose in 4 weeks, but if you lost 8/9lbs in the same period wouldn't that be fantastic?

I don't think you should avoid using the extra points. The plan is designed for you to eat all your points and still loose weight. If you think about, they couldn't really say here's an extra 49 points a week to use as you wish, but if you use them you won't loose weight.
    Hard luck fofany, but well done on dealing it with it . Hpefully next week your body will ahve caught up with the new regime :)

Good luck witht he new plan tiptoe - you'll be trim & thirty!

Well I'm very happy to say I lost 1.5lbs this week, which bring me to "my own goal" of 9'7 (my ww goal is 10st).
    Now my new goal is to lose 3 more pounds which will bring me to bmi 23, I think it will be hard work because I haven't been that kind of weight since my 20's, but I'm willing to give it a bash!

Congratulations on reaching your own goal dotcom....majorly jealous and delighted for you! Any tips or advice of what worked for you or helped you on your journey?

I'm absolutely dreading my WI tomorrow...i just feel so bloated and dehydrated. I can deal with WW in a restaurant situation....you can pick whatever you like off the menu.
    But this weekend, we were staying with friends and I was watching them put a whole tub of cream into beef stroganoff and just thought I couldn't eat it and they used so much olive oil too. I don't really want to have to tell everyone that I'm doing weight watchers when I'm invited for dinner.
    The alcohol was my own fault, but I've decided to not drink for the next few weeks now.

How do other people deal with this kind of thing?

• Advertisement

kildareash wrote: »

But this weekend, we were staying with friends and I was watching them put a whole tub of cream into beef stroganoff and just thought I couldn't eat it and they used so much olive oil too. I don't really want to have to tell everyone that I'm doing weight watchers when I'm invited for dinner.
    The alcohol was my own fault, but I've decided to not drink for the next few weeks now.

How do other people deal with this kind of thing?

Had a similar experience, some lovely friends invited us all over for dinner, in total between our family and theirs there was 11 of us I felt they had enough to contend with without me asking for my veg and potatoes to be taken out befor butter (tons of it) was added. There is no real solution if I had been wiser I should have forseen it and done without my wine on sat night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement