Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

What I'm going to do this week is use my daily points + activity points. and try and not use any treat points. I dont have a clue how activity points are measured. I'm just putting the data into the ww online site and it tells me what i've earned.

so far today i've used 10 propoints...i have 35 daily points + 5 activity points left LOL.
    ACTIVITY POINTS CAN BE SAVED!

Like if i go over my daily points tomorrow...it'll take those extra points from my activity points and not my treat points :D

Tonights Dinner:
    120g Wholegrain Pasta 12propts
    1 150g tub of Dolmio Slow Roasted Garlic Stir-in 4propts
    Can of Diet Coke
    Total 16propts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

This is yummy!!

Sweet and Sour Chicken!

Was ProPoints® Value: 0
    Now ProPoints® Value: 8
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 17 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    1 medium Onion, All Types, peeled and sliced
    160 g Rice, Brown, Dried, long grain
    500 g Chicken, Breast, Skinless, Raw, (4 x 125g breasts)
    2 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, peeled and thinly sliced in sticks
    225 g Pineapple, can, chunks in natural juice
    2 tablespoons (level) Tomato Purèe
    3 tablespoons Vinegar, All Types, malt
    1 tablespoons Sugar, Muscovado
    2 tablespoons Soy Sauce, dark

( I also added some mushrooms and red peppers )
    Instructions
    • Spray a frying pan with the low-fat cooking spray, add the onion and cook, stirring for 5 minutes over a medium heat, until softened. Meanwhile cook the rice according to pack instructions, drain and rinse in hot water.
    • Cut the chicken into bite size chunks and add to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until golden on all sides.
    • Add the carrots, pineapple and juice, tomato puree, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the chicken is tender. Serve immediately with the rice

Its really good! East to make and tastes just as good as an Uncle Bens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Ok weight in complete!!!!

148.8! not too shabby!

Loss 3.6 lbs!

30th Dec 157!
    Week 1- 1st Jan 154.4 (start)
    Week 2- 7th Jan 152.0
    Week 3- 14th Jan 148.8

Target for Week 4- 21st Jan : 145

Well done missus, that is great! I really need to start the exercise.
    My first weigh in is Tuesday so hoping to be down despite the lack of exercise. Although starting back Monday on that.
    Can I ask (and I read all posts just forget) have you used all your 49pp each week since starting?

Bernso wrote: »
    My first weigh in is Tuesday so hoping to be down despite the lack of exercise. Although starting back Monday on that.
    Can I ask (and I read all posts just forget) have you used all your 49pp each week since starting?

Last week i used the majority of my treatpoints and lost 4.6lbs
    I kinda use a few each night, I tend to use them to have slightly bigger portions of good foods than spend them on "treats" Also spent them on sauces and dressings & mayonaise. Things to add flavour to healthy bland foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Hey all! Great to see all these losses!

I'm on the pro points now myself! Heading out tonight and hoping to have a few drinks! Just wondering how many there is in a vodka? Or in a Bulmers light bottle?!

Hi DWG,
    Not sure about bulmers light but as vodka is my tipple of choice, I have checked this one:

1 pub measure of vodka (35.5ml) is 3 pp
    25ml measure is 2 pp

Think 25ml must be UK measure:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

Hi all,

Height: 5'5"
    Starting Weight: 10st 13.5lbs

I started WW last Wednesday, went to my first class. I had been couting points for 10 days beforehand (old points system) to get into the right headspace, and was just getting used to it and then joined my class so I'm still getting my head around the new ProPoints system!

Since Wednesday I've stuck to my 29PPs per day and haven't touched the 49 weekly PPs. I don't feel like I'm losing any weight but I'll just have to see on Wed evening!

Great thread, love reading how everyone else is getting along. Lots of good tips and tricks too :D

starlight1 wrote: »
    Hi DWG,
    Not sure about bulmers light but as vodka is my tipple of choice, I have checked this one:

25ml measure is 2 pp

Thats not bad! Vodka + Diet mixer 3pp isnt bad at all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Hi DWG,

25ml measure is 2 pp

You're very good! Thanks for replying!!! x

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

can anyone tell me can you get your daily propoints allowance online or on the iphone app? I joined a class but my boyfriend wants to do it too but there is no men only class near enough to us. so he just wants to get his daily allowance. i thought i saw it somewhere on here but cant remember where. he has an iphone and is trying to get the iwatchr app now. thanks in advance :)

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Thats not bad! Vodka + Diet mixer 3pp isnt bad at all! :D

yeah, absolute bargain at 3pp once its with diet drink. could get your value out of weekly allowance with that ;)

• Advertisement

I am using the Natalie Cassidy then and Now one- its really good and split into 4 sections- you are really knackered by the end but you also feel great!

Favorite work out dvd by a mile!

thanks for this smileyface, have been thinking about investing in a workout dvd to supplement/have a change from the walking. I was thinking about jillian michaels one as seems to be recommended but might give this a go instead.

Would you say its suitable for a beginner? This will be my first workout dvd purchase :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Last week i used the majority of my treatpoints and lost 4.6lbs
    I kinda use a few each night, I tend to use them to have slightly bigger portions of good foods than spend them on "treats" Also spent them on sauces and dressings & mayonaise. Things to add flavour to healthy bland foods.

That's great I mean they're there for a reason I know. Lot of skepticism on here about them but again that's just everyone's lack of knowledge about the new system.
    Bring it on if it works as I'm liking it so far!:)

Hi all,

Height: 5'5"
    Starting Weight: 10st 13.5lbs

I started WW last Wednesday, went to my first class. I had been couting points for 10 days beforehand (old points system) to get into the right headspace, and was just getting used to it and then joined my class so I'm still getting my head around the new ProPoints system!

Since Wednesday I've stuck to my 29PPs per day and haven't touched the 49 weekly PPs. I don't feel like I'm losing any weight but I'll just have to see on Wed evening!

Great thread, love reading how everyone else is getting along. Lots of good tips and tricks too :D

Best of luck sosyourface .
    Lots of support and tips to be found on this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Its so great to see everyone doing so well!
    I had so much to drink last night (no food though which is good, but cant even remember how many vodkas I had, so just gonna wipe the slate with the treat points and say i used all 49!

Does anyone know if bamboo shoots have pp and if so how many. Its not in the book and I bought a can for my stir fry tonight!

Its so great to see everyone doing so well!
    I had so much to drink last night (no food though which is good, but cant even remember how many vodkas I had, so just gonna wipe the slate with the treat points and say i used all 49!

Does anyone know if bamboo shoots have pp and if so how many. Its not in the book and I bought a can for my stir fry tonight!

bamboo shoots and bean sprouts are both 0pp
    Both are great in stir frys

I <3 bean sprouts in omelettes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Really loving the new pro points, however i feel like i'm eating too much. Don't feel like on a diet at all. Time will tell, i'll have to wait until WI on Wednesday.

hi can anyone tell me how to work out daily pro points allowance? I am a member of WW but my boyfriend wants to do it but there is no men only class near enough to us. i dont have the calculator but he has just downloaded iwatchr. can you get it on that or does anyone know how to do it? thanks in advance:)

jackmax wrote: »
    hi can anyone tell me how to work out daily pro points allowance? I am a member of WW but my boyfriend wants to do it but there is no men only class near enough to us. i dont have the calculator but he has just downloaded iwatchr. can you get it on that or does anyone know how to do it? thanks in advance:)

jackmax if you want to post his height and weight I think I can work it out on my calculator :) I'm not sure about iwatchr. someone else might know if you can do it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 10 smurfmurf

Hi everyone
    just wanted to ask..does anyone else see the need for the change from old points system to pro points??I feel if it ain't broken..etc!!Also all the WW meals in shops still in old system sorry now but Jan is busiest time o year for WW I think its bad form to have old stock in shops when they are trying to convert us all to new system ok thats my rant!!! oh also any idea about pp in bulmers light, bud light and coors light my leader said 2 pp per 330 ml bottle is that right??

Just found this recipe in a magazine, Its a unislim recipe but i've point it for us ww folks! If my mummy is nice enough to take me to tesco tomorrow I'm going to make them. They would be perfect for breakfast on the bus to college!

100ml skimmed milk
    100g self raising flour
    1 medium egg (45 - 60g)
    60g wheat bran
    60g of soft brown sugar
    (silverspoon do a reduced calorie soft brown sugar)
    125g blueberries or cranberries or raspberries (or a mix of any 0pt berries)

Servings: 6
    Recipe 22 propoints
    Per Serving: 4propints

1. Preheat the oven to 190 (gas mark 5)

2. Put Skimmed Milk and wheat bran in a bowl, stir well and soak for 10 minutes.

3. Beat the sugar and egg until well combined and then beat the bran mixture.

4. Sift in the flour spices, Fold in gently, but thoroughly, with a metal spoon in a figure of eight motion.

5. Stir in the berries to fold them evenly into the mixture.

6. Divide between six muffin cases.

7. Bake in preheated oven for 29 minutes or until muffins are risen and firm to the touch.

8. Cool on wire rack then store in upright tin or container in fridge.

• Advertisement

Just found this recipe in a magazine, Its a unislim recipe but i've point it for us ww folks! If my mummy is nice enough to take me to tesco tomorrow I'm going to make them. They would be perfect for breakfast on the bus to college!

100ml skimmed milk
    100g self raising flour
    1 medium egg (45 - 60g)
    60g wheat bran
    60g of soft brown sugar

Recipe 22 propoints

2. Put Skimmed Milk and wheat bran in a bowl, stir well and soak for 10 minutes.

4. Sift in the flour spices, Fold in gently, but thoroughly, with a metal spoon in a figure of eight motion.

7. Bake in preheated oven for 29 minutes or until muffins are risen and firm to the touch.

rachel wrote: »
    Here is a quick pasta dish I made this evening, quantities below serve 1, 15pp but is a filling ''comfort food'' meal:

''Creamy Bacon Pasta''

60g dried wholemeal pasta 6pp
    60g Lidl smoked bacon lardons/pieces 4pp
    onion, diced 0pp
    pepper (any colour will do but I used yellow), diced 0pp
    1 tablespoon pesto 2pp
    2 tablespoon creme fraiche 30% fat 3pp

Cook the pasta as per the pack directions
    While pasta is cooking, put bacon, onion and pepper into frying pan and cook, I didn't add any spray oil as the bacon should create enough of it's own fat!
    Once pasta is cooked and drained, add bacon & veg to pot and keep on a low heat while you add the pesto and creme fraiche.
    Stir in and serve!

This is only day 3 on pp for me (am I seasoned WW in the old points format) so if anyone thinks I have my points wrong, please let me know

Oh yum! that sounds delicious! I'm totally saving this!
    I'd tweak it just a tiny bit.
    Aldi do already diced ham bits at 2propoints a packet. (saving of 2pp)
    And in Tesco you can get a ww creme fraiche 40g is about 2 tablespoons, which is 1pp (saving of 2pp)

Bernso wrote: »
    [/QUOTE]

Hey Bernso- I am using the old system as I cant afford the classes....i will sort myself out with the new system for next month.
    So currently just having 18 pts a day. No counting exercise for food allowance.

No walk today- but long walk tomo- hail rain or shine!!!

thanks for this smileyface, have been thinking about investing in a workout dvd to supplement/have a change from the walking. I was thinking about jillian michaels one as seems to be recommended but might give this a go instead.

Would you say its suitable for a beginner? This will be my first workout dvd purchase :o

Hi Starlight- its pretty full on but cause its split into 4 sections you take a little break in between. I find it pretty easy to follow too as you learn a few moves, re-do then they add a few more on...its good.

Plus she looks amazing in it so it kinda spurs you on?

Hi Starlight- its pretty full on but cause its split into 4 sections you take a little break in between. I find it pretty easy to follow too as you learn a few moves, re-do then they add a few more on...its good.

Plus she looks amazing in it so it kinda spurs you on?

Here is a you tube link to see what its like!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSLbHhp5izY

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

100ml skimmed milk
    100g self raising flour
    1 medium egg (45 - 60g)
    60g wheat bran
    60g of soft brown sugar

Recipe 22 propoints

Ooh they sound lovely thanks for posting. My baking has been taking a back seat since I've started back to WW, I love finding low point recipes.

Quick question, did you point with normal brown sugar or the low calorie one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

bamboo shoots and bean sprouts are both 0pp
    Both are great in stir frys

I <3 bean sprouts in omelettes!!!

Thanks! Yummy prawn stir fry and rice for dinner with bamboo shoots and waterchesnuts!! They make it feel a bit like a chinese takeaway :)

Here is a you tube link to see what its like!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSLbHhp5izY

aw thanks so much for taking the time to post the link:)

I'm not the most coordinated person you'll ever meet but if you can't make a fool of yourself in your own living room where can you?!and as they say no pain no gain!

Considering where I was fitness wise last march when I started ww and where I am now, I reckon I'll give it a go ;) Will let you know how I get on if I brave it..

kateos2 wrote: »
    Ooh they sound lovely thanks for posting. My baking has been taking a back seat since I've started back to WW, I love finding low point recipes.

Quick question, did you point with normal brown sugar or the low calorie one?

I just went in a checked it there, the only soft brown sugar on the ww uk site was silverspoon and fairtrade. both are same value.

so even if you use dunnes own brand fairtrade soft brown sugar recipe will still be the same points :D

• Advertisement

jackmax if you want to post his height and weight I think I can work it out on my calculator :) I'm not sure about iwatchr. someone else might know if you can do it that way

That would be great thanks :D
    height 5ft 10
    weight 220lbs/ 15 stone 10lbs

Thanks a million :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement