Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Bernso wrote: »
    It was always 0.5 point originally though for 1 tblspn I'd be afraid to give it 0pp.
    I'd stick with 1pp but deffo going to try that reduced sugar/salt one as it must be 0pp. Nice!

A lot of things like that alrite, I almost feel like i could get by on 0point stuff half the day but it still does add up. The reduced one is nice, i don't even notice any difference in taste, and i'd rarely use more than a half tablespoon anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

eimear1 wrote: »
    A lot of things like that alrite, I almost feel like i could get by on 0point stuff half the day but it still does add up. The reduced one is nice, i don't even notice any difference in taste, and i'd rarely use more than a half tablespoon anyway!

Deadly.. I'm onto it so. Thanks Eimear:)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

eimear1 wrote: »
    Hey there, Shop book states basic ketchup is 0pp for 15g tablespoon, 1pp for 30g.
    Heinz Reduced sugar and salt ketchup is 0pp for 20g. This was a nice surprise as i use this one and get more for my points here!

ahh cool i have been using the reduced salt one. i use very little as was wary and have been given it 1 pp anyway. just means I prob could have had a big more with burgers tonight.

ww ice crem sticks - chocolate one is now 3 propoints!
    assume the white chocolate is too.

What does breast in the bun mean?

was going to ask myself - chicken burger?
    Lady Lainy wrote: »
    dreading this weeks weight in i was baaaad! lol

Thursdsy night!
    spent 50 euro on cider in four hours!
    Breast in the bun (two)
    Plus pizza!
    (i was trying to get the barmans attention...so just kept going up for drinks LOL)

Ah well... at least i know where i went "wrong" LOL

Next week i'll be a rockstar!

it was your birthday though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

you seemed to have celebrated well lady lainy, fair play,good thing we only have birthdays once a year, and not once a week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hillyrob

Bernso wrote: »
    1 tblspn is 1pp (95%) sure.
    I thought I bought a calculator at my meeting but the dozy mayor sold me a pedometer instead, Apparately these are twice the price of the calculator but I only oaid €10 for it.
    Going to change next week and will get exact pointage then!
    (Used to be 1tblspn for 1/2 point)

Just checked the online food tracker an 2tbsp = 1PP:)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Just to let everyone know, it may have been mentioned already but ww meals are one euro in Iceland (they are trying to clear meals that are pointed with old points values)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Forgive me fellow weightwatchers, for I have sinned.

Went out for an impromptu drink last night and ended up having a chicken burger on the way home.:(

It's my own fault, I hadn't had much to eat yesterday at all. Had a bowl of cornflakes for my dinner coz I was rushing out to a show. :o

I hadn't intended on going out for drinks at all, but then a friend txt.

To be fair, I only had two glasses of wine, but I was sooooo hungry on the way home and it tasted soooooooo nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

hillyrob wrote: »
    Just checked the online food tracker an 2tbsp = 1PP:)

Nice one Hillyrob, that;s deadly! Cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

irishneady wrote: »
    was going to ask myself - chicken burger?

it was your birthday though?

Yep its a Chicken Breast Burger!
    and Yep t'was the ole birthday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

LadyLainey i wouldnt get worked up about enjoying your birthday!!! as another poster said they one come around once a year!

I lost 4pds this week after struggling with the propoints lastweek so hopefully this week ill do the around the same or maybe better (bare in mind i have 8 stone to lose) now that im getting the hang of it.

Great losses this week keep it up ladys and gent :)

Thankies! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jandm

Have started and failed at WW many times over the past 15 years - would loose a stone - then get fed up with counting points and drop out. And of course every 2 years or so a stone would have crept on.... When my rings felt tight last November I decided enough was enough and joined again. Lost the stone now there's Pro Points and gained a few pounds over the last few weeks :-(
    Christmas happening at the fed-up-with-counting-phase, not good.

Back counting and tracking this week - and attacking the cross trainer most evenings. Gave the my propoints so far this week to my good friends Ben and Jerry at the cinema last night but I promise to be good this weekend :-D Truth will be told at the scales on Tuesday evening.

Even with a degree in maths the wheel thingy can be difficult when tired and reading tiny print in poor light - the calculator seems to be worth getting from what I read here.

Have a good weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Ok weight in complete!!!!

148.8! not too shabby!

Loss 3.6 lbs!

30th Dec 157!
    Week 1- 1st Jan 154.4 (start)
    Week 2- 7th Jan 152.0
    Week 3- 14th Jan 148.8

Target for Week 4- 21st Jan : 145

148.8! not too shabby!

Loss 3.6 lbs!

30th Dec 157!
    Week 2- 7th Jan 152.0
    Week 3- 14th Jan 148.8

Oh my god....thats amazing! Totally green with envy!

Does anyone have a lowfat home made pizza recipe?

Are those jusroll pastry things any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Does anyone have a lowfat home made pizza recipe?

Are those jusroll pastry things any good?

I make pizzas using mini naan breads. I buy mine in Sainsburys, but have got them in Tescos before too (I think Sainsburys is only in the north) and there are 6 in the packet. They are the low fat/healthy eating variety.

I use 2. Each of them is 3 propoints (well, the Sainsburys ones are). Then put passata on the top (0pp) & grate 15g light cheddar cheese (I use Coleraine) to sprinkle over the passata (1pp). Then you can top it with mushrooms/peppers/brocolli - all 0pp. Cook under the grill or in the oven @ 200C for about 10 mins or until they look cooked & the cheese is melted. Serve with a big free salad & you have a great meal for only 7pp. Enjoy.

Great to see everyone doing so well on the propoints & remember that the odd burger or over indulgence isn't what put the weight on us in the past - it was our everyday overeating that did it, so don't worry about the odd slip - just draw a line under it & get back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Hi everyone, does anybody know how many PP in a bottle of Ritz? x

OOh I have a great receipe!

Make 2

2 wholemeal pitta bread
    Scaping of low fat garlic butter on each ( I use Connaught gold low fat butter and 1 clove of crushed garlic)
    Add sliced mushrooms
    Add sliced red onion
    Chop about 150 gr of frozen spinach ( and squeez out all water) Divide between the two pizza.
    Add thinly sliced tomato
    Top with 25 gr feta divided between the two

Bake for 15 min!

Its yummy! And my boyfriend thinks I could make a business out of selling them they are so good!!!!

Old points value is 5 points!
    Don't know the pro points value.

I have come up with lots of receipes for my WW journey...
    Stir fry with egg and chicken
    Tuna pasta bake
    Beef stroganoff
    Fajitas
    Veg lasagne
    Chicken curry
    And leek and potato soup!

I love cooking so i am enjoying making everything from scratch each evening. Most of them take only 30 mins to make too!

Thanks Lainey- working hard at it!!! Have a wedding in April and want to look good for it- last wedding I was at I was horrified at how I looked in the photos!

There's one of the newspapers tomorrow with a ww pro point recipe supplement.
    For the life of me cant think of it. Its definitely one of IRISH SUNDAY papers. Its one of the red tops....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭coco13

Hi Guys,

Just started back WW this week after Christmas..So hard to get disciplined again.. How are people finding the pro points system? I have only ever done the old points system and must admit I am quite skeptical about the new system..Seems like an awful lot of food!! Are the weightloss results much the same as on the old system? How are people finding it.. Are they getting the same results?

coco13 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just started back WW this week after Christmas..So hard to get disciplined again.. How are people finding the pro points system? I have only ever done the old points system and must admit I am quite skeptical about the new system..Seems like an awful lot of food!! Are the weightloss results much the same as on the old system? How are people finding it.. Are they getting the same results?

scroll back the last few pages and check out ppls results....ppl are losing! it does work!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭dasa29

Hi everybody.

propoints does seem to work as the weight loss proves this. But the big thing our leader told us on thursday at the meeting is that when the 220 leaders met last weekend, they agreed that it takes two to three weeks to get used to the new program.

i was down 2.5pounds last thursday.

trying to motivate myself to go for my walk- buts its cold, wet and super windy out....

trying to motivate myself to go for my walk- buts its cold, wet and super windy out....

I hear you there...i'm all about getting drity and wet....cos well i work and study animals...but hell...not even the cat wants to go out today.

I'm going to attempt to throw on the ole aerobics dvd there and give that a lash. just been cleaning the lil box room i have to make room.

Strawberry cider is evil! I put on 4lbs this week! Thats pure booze. All the carbs. I drank like 4 litres of water yesterday to try and flush it all out :( Must be retaining all the water or something cos i barely peed yesterday...even after 4 litres!

Ah well....sure has to be done. I've been super good so far today :P so thats setting the bar for the rest of the week.

I've doing alot of gym work this week too...So i'm hoping some of that 4lbs is muscle! muscle is good...muscle is lean and sexy!

Yeah Lainey, I am going to be super good this week too, and aim to get to my next goal...145...man I 'seen that number on the scales for a while!

I will go out tomo for sure...was aiming for 2 walks and 3 dvd work outs this week ( last week was 2 walks and 2 dvd work outs) so instead I will do 1 walk and 4 dvd work outs!!!!

Cant do a dvd cause himself is here and we have a tiny house so he would have to sit and watch me- not a pretty sight!!!

jandm wrote: »
    Have started and failed at WW many times over the past 15 years - would loose a stone - then get fed up with counting points and drop out. And of course every 2 years or so a stone would have crept on.... When my rings felt tight last November I decided enough was enough and joined again. Lost the stone now there's Pro Points and gained a few pounds over the last few weeks :-(
    Christmas happening at the fed-up-with-counting-phase, not good.

Back counting and tracking this week - and attacking the cross trainer most evenings. Gave the my propoints so far this week to my good friends Ben and Jerry at the cinema last night but I promise to be good this weekend :-D Truth will be told at the scales on Tuesday evening.

Even with a degree in maths the wheel thingy can be difficult when tired and reading tiny print in poor light - the calculator seems to be worth getting from what I read here.

Have a good weekend!

welcome! well we are all here to support and its great to talk to fellow ww's and see how others are getting on with it. Great for ides on recipes and getting head around propoints together! Best of luck :D

148.8! not too shabby!

Loss 3.6 lbs!

30th Dec 157!
    Week 2- 7th Jan 152.0
    Week 3- 14th Jan 148.8

woo hoo well done!
    coco13 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

i was skeptical too but am loving it. Went to weigh in and was 2.5 down and had gone out for a meal and had wine last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Hey all! Great to see all these losses!

I'm on the pro points now myself! Heading out tonight and hoping to have a few drinks! Just wondering how many there is in a vodka? Or in a Bulmers light bottle?!

Also, has anyone been using their 49 points and still losing? It's something I'm very skeptical about!

Yeah Lainey, I am going to be super good this week too, and aim to get to my next goal...145...man I 'seen that number on the scales for a while!

I will go out tomo for sure...was aiming for 2 walks and 3 dvd work outs this week ( last week was 2 walks and 2 dvd work outs) so instead I will do 1 walk and 4 dvd work outs!!!!

Cant do a dvd cause himself is here and we have a tiny house so he would have to sit and watch me- not a pretty sight!!!

oh i lock the door and scream at anyone who dares disturb me while working out at home. cos well i dont want anyone breaking my rythem..,.secondly well the only way to get the right results is to give the dvd work outs 100% and that means I gotta jiggle and flop around and really get stinky and sweaty...i'm not a pretty sight at all with fat arms and legs flopping around.

Just finished doing 20 min Aerobic dvd and then did 30 mins on treadmill...mother of god i'll be sore tomorrow! But its worth it!

What dvd are you using?

• Advertisement

I am using the Natalie Cassidy then and Now one- its really good and split into 4 sections- you are really knackered by the end but you also feel great!

Favorite work out dvd by a mile!

Just bought some Manhattan Popcorn for the film dvd tonight...nice little treat and its low in points.

Also going to try the weight waters sweet and sour recipe!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement