Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bp1

Hi aLL,
    I have been with ww for 7 Months and i have lost 2 stone (delighted):), i did this with the knowledge and help of understanding ww,however my handy little tool i used was an App on my iphone called iskinny,it tracked everything for me and it was a god send.
    I have been looking for new App to fill this very missed void and the best i have gotten is pro pts,it does track your day for you but you have to re enter everything,which for me i loose intrest.
    i am not really intrested in writting everything down even though i know it works, i just hate doing it,it becomes a chore.
    does anybody know of any other apps i am missing out on ??
    Fantastic thread by the way, i was delighted to find it
    Bp1

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rina120

I couldn't find it anywhere in any shops so I started making my own!
    If you have the time to do it, it's easy..all you need is a thermometer, coffee filters, milk, and a small tub of yogurt as a starter!
    PM me if you want the instructions. I don't buy yogurt at all anymore. in fact, I have a batch going right now! You can make it savoury for topping on potatoes, or sweet and add fruit.

Hi all, does anyone know where I'd get 0% fat free greek yoghurt? and what brand? Want to get it to make the creamy curry recipe out of the ww starter pack! I got the 0% fat free last week at a fluke in a garage I was driving by (don't live anywhere near this garage just happened to be passing!). This week I've tried Tesco, Superquinn and Superquinn Select I can't get it anywhere. Does anyone know know which brand to get even (I can't remember what brand I had originally!!)? Or where to get it? Help ould be really aprreciated the curry was yummy!! Although I'd use less greek yoghurt this time and more curry powder and the recipe is very filling-it says it serves 4 but you;d easily serve 5-6 people with it cos its quite luscious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ned_flanders

Hi all
    great to see im not alone when it comes to this new pro points system i too have been on WW for 3 months and nearly 2 stone down so it does work but the new one will be intestering ?

just quick question i have a favourite in chinese food king prawn chow mein and cant find out how to point it anyone any ideas i know it was one of the better dishes to eat in the past (point wise) ?
    also when they say a portion of prawn crackers? how many is a portion?:rolleyes:

also like previous if anyone has found a good app for the iPhone for tracking etc please le me know

thanks ..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

just quick question i have a favourite in chinese food king prawn chow mein and cant find out how to point it anyone any ideas i know it was one of the better dishes to eat in the past (point wise) ?
    also when they say a portion of prawn crackers? how many is a portion?:rolleyes:

I think on the previous plan it was 6 points which realistically I don't think it could have been [at least the portion the chinese I went to couldn't have been]. I used to have it probably once a week and pointed it at 6 and it never effected my weightloss. I'd guess at 10pp for it now although ask your leader I guess.

What a useless answer that was :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 _electrolyte

I'm using the iwatchr app - you can cusomise the calculator to calc propts and you can do your daily track on it, but have to enter it yourself. I customised the calculator with the formula a few pages back in the thread (p8 I think). I find it good so far!
    bp1 wrote: »
    Hi aLL,
    I have been with ww for 7 Months and i have lost 2 stone (delighted):), i did this with the knowledge and help of understanding ww,however my handy little tool i used was an App on my iphone called iskinny,it tracked everything for me and it was a god send.
    I have been looking for new App to fill this very missed void and the best i have gotten is pro pts,it does track your day for you but you have to re enter everything,which for me i loose intrest.
    i am not really intrested in writting everything down even though i know it works, i just hate doing it,it becomes a chore.
    Bp1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone knows how many pp in med size bacon (ie bacon meat that you have for dinner, not bacon rashers)Bacon rashers are only listed in the guide as guide is aimed at british ww members

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just back from my meeting now down 3.5pounds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I'm using the iwatchr app - you can cusomise the calculator to calc propts and you can do your daily track on it, but have to enter it yourself. I customised the calculator with the formula a few pages back in the thread (p8 I think). I find it good so far!

+1 for the iwatchr app. Great to be able to log your favourite foods.

I never really felt comfortable pulling out my tracker during the day to write down foods and I'm not much of a pre-planner. So this is perfect for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Hi All,
    Ok the 1 point for LF spray took us all by surprise last week, yet now i buy the "Shop" guide this week and find they are listing it as 0points for Fry-light brand??
    Any ideas? I know WW say they take the average of several brands to give generic points for products, but this is on one of the main brands as listed in the Shop book - so has anyone noticed this or other discrepancies and maybe asked their leader?
    Any info appreciated,
    Eimear

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

No you cant carry over daily points.Our leader said to use them up - thats why the weekly points are there - to be used for treats.You dont have to use up weekly points.Our leader said that to save weekly points for treats or if you find you have used up all your daily points in a day and would like to eat something else.If you get into the habit of using them up every week it could slow down your weight loss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Chamade

http://points.ogo.ms/

Above is a link to an online propoints calculator. Hope the link works! You can download it onto your pc but I was afraid to do that......... just in case!

Lost 2.5 pounds last week, so loving propoints!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

MTF1 wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone bought the WW Pedometer?? How much is it & does it calculate your activity PPs for you?

Hi, the pedometer is 21euro. It does calculate your activity Pro Points.

Personally I think its far too expensive. I got a normal pedometer in Argos for a fiver!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

kateos2 wrote: »
    Just back from my meeting now down 3.5pounds :)

Brilliant result. Great to see people doing well on propoints.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Yoffi

Hi All,
    Any idea how many Propoints in a Creme Egg? Yes I indulged but there is no information on the foil wrap, its all on the larger box in the supermarket. Anyone come across the propoints?

Cheers

Yoffi wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Any idea how many Propoints in a Creme Egg? Yes I indulged but there is no information on the foil wrap, its all on the larger box in the supermarket. Anyone come across the propoints?

Cheers

5 Points in the Shop book! Not so bad as i'd thought they might be really!!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

Here is a quick pasta dish I made this evening, quantities below serve 1, 15pp but is a filling ''comfort food'' meal:

''Creamy Bacon Pasta''

60g dried wholemeal pasta 6pp
    60g Lidl smoked bacon lardons/pieces 4pp
    onion, diced 0pp
    pepper (any colour will do but I used yellow), diced 0pp
    1 tablespoon pesto 2pp
    2 tablespoon creme fraiche 30% fat 3pp

Cook the pasta as per the pack directions
    While pasta is cooking, put bacon, onion and pepper into frying pan and cook, I didn't add any spray oil as the bacon should create enough of it's own fat!
    Once pasta is cooked and drained, add bacon & veg to pot and keep on a low heat while you add the pesto and creme fraiche.
    Stir in and serve!

This is only day 3 on pp for me (am I seasoned WW in the old points format) so if anyone thinks I have my points wrong, please let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

MTF1 wrote: »
    Must ask the leader about it next week-she had it at the mtn yesterday. Good luck tomorrow! Fair play with the walking! I went out today & got blisters on my heels so need to invest in better trainers! Gonna get the mini trampoline out for the next few days & stick the ipod on & go mad:D

the pedomoter does calculate propoints but as 21 euro i gave it a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

-2. Quite pleased with that as I only got 1 walk in and am due totm this weekend. Haven't been hungry at all and have been eating lovely food.

Someone in my class lost 12lbs!! She wasn't hugely overweight either - maybe 3 stone to lose. Said she did no exercise as she doesn't believe in it. :eek:

Looking forward to this week. Just about to have a delicious chicken stew and then some frozen grapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

lost 5lbs, delighted as the WW Week got off to a dreadful start for me so didnt really start geeting it right till monday morning.

my meeting was much better and far more informative this week so will be sticking to it.

thanks to everyone for the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MTF1

Birdie086 wrote: »
    lost 5lbs, delighted as the WW Week got off to a dreadful start for me so didnt really start geeting it right till monday morning.

my meeting was much better and far more informative this week so will be sticking to it.

thanks to everyone for the advice

Well done Birdie!!:D Brilliant start-keep it up!!

• Advertisement

Hi All, just got email from a leader, and appears there is major typo in the pocket guide, page 63 giving Activity ProPoint Values. All the values in the 40 minute columns appear to have been mistaken, but haven't checked the rest, as i have never looked past that!!!
    Attached is the corrected page in PDF format

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sallyanne2

bp1 wrote: »
    Hi aLL,
    Bp1

I would not be well up on iphones and the like but I find that the WW calculator is terrific. You can track what you eat for 7 days and you don't have to write down anything, just punch in the no of points you eat and the calculator subtracts it from your daily allowance and if you go over your daily allowance it subtracts it from your weekly allowance. You also have the advantage that you can calculate pro points on it. Of course the iphone thing is probably free and more convenient as the WW calculator costs about 10.50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Can anyone help me convert the iwatchr app to the pro points system please?? :-)
    Where exactly do I go to change the settings? I have tried from the main settings page but all that I have the option to do it turn things on or off?

*Lees* wrote: »
    Can anyone help me convert the iwatchr app to the pro points system please?? :-)
    Where exactly do I go to change the settings? I have tried from the main settings page but all that I have the option to do it turn things on or off?

To change the settings:
    Calculator > Custom > Configure
    Enter the following values

Protein: / 10.99
    Carbohydrate: / 9.17
    Fat: /3.89
    Fibre: / 34.48

That's what I have in my one anyway, if I'm wrong please correct me.
    I searched back in the thread and couldn't find it. But someone definately posted it here last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Well done to everyone that had losses. It's great to see the new system working.

Has anyone tried the WW chicken carbonara menu? It doesn't include the points but I might try it tomorrow it sounds delish!

Eabha x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Hi All...

Been keeping on track- 2 slip ups this week though ( my WW week is Sat-Fri)
    Drinking Saturday and drinking again on Tuesday! I drink pints too so they are pretty high in point- although I have switched to Coors Light...and will prob switch to bottles too....

I did a sneaky weigh in and I am down another 2 lbs though- pretty delighted as its not Saturday yet ( my weigh in day)

Been really good food wise and try to exercise for an hour 4 times a week....

Will let ya'll know how it goes on Saturday! Fingers crossed!

Start weight 154
    Goal for 1st Feb 140

Found it! Only fair to credit the person who posted it in the first place.
    emmeim wrote: »
    hi everyone, i went to class today, got all the info on pro points. wasn't too sure about it at first but after giving it some thought i'm going to give it a blast and see how I get on. It's so weird getting my head around the big points increases in foods I eat. Great that fruit is free though, means i'll eat more of it which is a good thing.

For those wondering about iphone apps, i saw on another site an app that you can custom to make it work out the uk pro points. it's the iwatchr app - you can custom a calculator - details below. it works as i've tested it on a few foods that i knew the pro points of, plus it gets great reviews on other sites.

If you have iwatcher, go to calculator then custom, go to configure and modify each field as follows;

Field 1 - rename Protein, then set to divide by 10.99

Field 2 - rename Carbs, then set to divide by 9.17

Field 3 - rename Fat, then set to divide by 3.89

Field 4 - rename Fibre, then set to divide by 34.48

edited to say i think the app costs 79 cent so not too bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blakey2011

Hi all..so happy I came across this thread,I started back w.watchers on monday and was bit worried when I saw this new pro points plan but am starting to get the hang of it..i lost 2stone about 4years ago w the old system,now i am back up the 2stone,weighed in 10.4 and want to lose 2stone again,its great to have this thread as a support system and to ask questions.Im taking this very seriously.I have some pro points that i worked out for Mcdonalds as I was taking the kids there last nite and was curious to see what I could eat! I had gotten the info from the menu in the restaurant.
    Hamburger 7pts
    Cheeseburger 8pts
    Small fries 6pts
    4 chken nuggets 6pts
    Grilled Chicken salad 5pts
    Crispy chicken salad 9pts
    Low fat caeser dressing 2pt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

eimear1 wrote: »
    Hi All, just got email from a leader, and appears there is major typo in the pocket guide, page 63 giving Activity ProPoint Values. All the values in the 40 minute columns appear to have been mistaken, but haven't checked the rest, as i have never looked past that!!!
    Attached is the corrected page in PDF format

Thanks Eimear1, I was wondering why there was nearly double the points diff between 40 and 50 mins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Yoffi

eimear1 wrote: »
    5 Points in the Shop book! Not so bad as i'd thought they might be really!!

Thanks! Much better than I thought actually...maybe thats a bad thing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement