Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

Wow you really are super busy, you sound like your doing great to be fitting zumba in! It would probably be great if you could get some fitness in at weekends because it makes you feel much better afterwards too, but take it easy all the same because you do sound like you have a really hectic worklife!

well lets hope i stick with it- have pre paid which may make me go. I would love to hit goal weight and become gold member as I really wanna do anti gravity yoga but it twenty quid a class - least the tenner from ww meetings cud go towards it
    kildareash wrote: »
    What did u think of the zumba? Was thinking bout joining but can't really afford €100 right now.
    We got two pups last summer and they're great for making u exercise. Everytime I put on my tracksuit bottoms they get so excited.

two dogs here too who keep me and boyf busy. all they need to hear is a key or us changing to get excited. Oh and I really liked zumba (did u see link of the class I put up) i found it fun and a great work out
    Lady Lainy wrote: »
    wow now i feel so lazy complaining about my college schedule! your freaking wonder woman!

I'm really hoping doctors can find a suitable thyroid medication to give me a little bit of energy for excercise. cos after college i just feel like collapsing with exhaustion

believe me I am no wonder woman! the two evenings of work have only just begun - had been doing one. And zumba has just begun.

I plan on setting my wii fit back up as I was great with it at one point.

have you tried any thyroid tabs yet? think my thyroid is ok - had it tested a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

irishneady wrote: »
    Oh and I really liked zumba (did u see link of the class I put up) i found it fun and a great work out

Just looked at it there now...I think I'll wait till the next lot of classes...looks a bit high energy for me at the minute. I'd need a defib on stand-by!
    But it does look like good fun. Might do it with a friend in the summer.

Do you mind me asking if ye girls take any extra supplements or anything?

For the last few weeks, I've been falling asleep watching TV by half 10/11 and still can't get up in the mornings for work. I know even tomorrow night, I'll be out with the girls but I could easily go home by half 11, even if it's the best night ever.

Keep meaning to go to doc and get iron levels and stuff like that checked but just never seem to have the time.

Ok another member suggested putting up a thread about what we are doing for our meals with new propoints system so thought I would start it off.

Chilli & Garlic Prawns Stir Fry with Noodles

You will need:

8 king prawns (1 propoint)
    Peppers
    Bean Sprouts
    Onion
    Mushroom
    Freshly chopped garlic (enough to suit your needs)
    Freshly chopped chilli (enough to suit your needs)

Low Cal Spray Oil (1 propoint)
    1 tbsp soy sauce
    75g amoy straight to wok noodles (3 propoint)

Ok I will do a basic step by step but it is a stir fry so pretty self explanatory?
    1. Spray four sprays of low cal oil spray. Add the king prawns and chopped garlic.
    2. add in all other veg - leaving mushrooms and beansprouts till last. I find with low cal spray I have to constantly keep turning the food to prevent it burning or sticking.
    3. I have also added water in when I feel oil is running out. It works fine.
    4. All veg in now.
    5. Then add the 1/2 pack (75g) straight to work noodles. Add your soy sauce and chillis now. so the noodles get the moisture and spice from them.
    Thats it. I love beansprouts so only use half the pack of the noodles as they are 6 points for one sachet.

no I don't take any supplements. Don't feel i need to yet but bearing in mind I have only rejoined ww and have a hectic little life on my hands right now lol. I suppose I don't drink coffee often 9 a once a month thing) so when I need a pick me up I allow myself a cofffee.

I just started a menu thread if ppl wanna add

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69941165#post69941165

my fitness levels would not be high and I was able for the class - was surprised. I was sweating but so was everyone else. thats what your there to do!

i have iwatchr - its 79c and u need to edit the settings - its perfect. i bought the new calculator and they seem to be calculating the same

• Advertisement

Great idea! Very economical recipe too and sounds delish..might try it and substitute the prawns with chicken.

yea u could easily use chicken I am too stingy with points lol

just to note - if u use the amoy noodles - they come with 2 packs - this menu is using half of one of those packs - a 1/4 of what you get in the pack.

No pain, no gain, as they say.

I might try a multi-vitamin and see if that makes a difference. Don't think I should be sleeping so much at 27! Even my mam survives on less sleep than I do!

Maybe try Pharmaton. Has a bit of everything. thing is i think these contain points!!!

I don't really know if age plays a factor too much in hoow much sleep one needs. I think it depends on so many things. how much sleep do you need on an average day? you working/college? have you a routine?

They have points??? Don't know if I want to use points on supplements...will have to look into it a bit more.

Most weeks have pretty regular routine. Get up round 8am, out the door by 8.45am in to work by 9.30am.
    Work till 5.30pm, home shortly after 6, walk dogs, make dinner and sit down.
    Can work late on Monday's and Tuesday's or have to take work home. And every so often will have to work late on a week night, but it's maybe once every two or three weeks.
    We don't even go out every weekend and if we do it's generally not that hectic. Boyf is still recovering from illness and doesn't drink - so if he comes out with me it's just a few sociables and home before it gets messy.

I've some annual leave coming up so maybe just taking a step back and having a few relaxing days will help me recharge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

Help! Read this thread a lot but don't post very often. Started in Sept and managed to lose just over a stone for christmas with great willpower. Ate more over the three week break at Christmas but was proud of myself that I didn't binge... I was delighted at WI yesterday to find I stayed the same. However now I'm craving chocolate,crisps and any goodies more than ever before and have just eaten four chocs from a leftover box - now the rest are calling me as I watch the Late Late. Any tips on recalling the great willpower I did have?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

well lets hope i stick with it- have pre paid which may make me go. I would love to hit goal weight and become gold member as I really wanna do anti gravity yoga

I gotta ask, whats anti gravity yoga?? sounds very cool!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

well lets hope i stick with it- have pre paid which may make me go. I would love to hit goal weight and become gold member as I really wanna do anti gravity yoga but it twenty quid a class - least the tenner from ww meetings cud go towards it

two dogs here too who keep me and boyf busy. all they need to hear is a key or us changing to get excited. Oh and I really liked zumba (did u see link of the class I put up) i found it fun and a great work out

believe me I am no wonder woman! the two evenings of work have only just begun - had been doing one. And zumba has just begun.

I plan on setting my wii fit back up as I was great with it at one point.

have you tried any thyroid tabs yet? think my thyroid is ok - had it tested a year ago.

Was on meds last year but they wrecked my sleep. im a bad sleeper at the best of time....but the ones they had me on just kept me totally antsy at night

They have points??? Don't know if I want to use points on supplements...will have to look into it a bit more.

Most weeks have pretty regular routine. Get up round 8am, out the door by 8.45am in to work by 9.30am.
    Work till 5.30pm, home shortly after 6, walk dogs, make dinner and sit down.
    Can work late on Monday's and Tuesday's or have to take work home. And every so often will have to work late on a week night, but it's maybe once every two or three weeks.
    We don't even go out every weekend and if we do it's generally not that hectic. Boyf is still recovering from illness and doesn't drink - so if he comes out with me it's just a few sociables and home before it gets messy.

I've some annual leave coming up so maybe just taking a step back and having a few relaxing days will help me recharge.

that sounds fairly normal. maybe take some time out at weekend - dedicate an hour or two for yourself. plan a nice bath, face mask, candles, relaxing music. just spend time on yourself. if u had the money a massage could help they say one hour of a good massage is the same as three hours rest.......who can guess I like to pamper myself lol
    Selandia wrote: »
    Help! Read this thread a lot but don't post very often. Started in Sept and managed to lose just over a stone for christmas with great willpower. Ate more over the three week break at Christmas but was proud of myself that I didn't binge... I was delighted at WI yesterday to find I stayed the same. However now I'm craving chocolate,crisps and any goodies more than ever before and have just eaten four chocs from a leftover box - now the rest are calling me as I watch the Late Late. Any tips on recalling the great willpower I did have?!

fruit - your body wants sugar. have you frozen fruit - raspberries etc. I find them great. I am never without them. I even suck on them frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 3Chicks

Thanks for that - I will download it - might need some help editing settings - havent joined a meeting yet.:confused:

I gotta ask, whats anti gravity yoga?? sounds very cool!!

its yoga but your suspended in the air on a hammock attached to ceiling. class is an hour and a half long. only available in drogheda at the moment. Only arrived in ireland a few months ago.

Sorry Lady thought i was doing multi quote - have you tried any herbal supplements to help you sleep?

Just looked at it there now...I think I'll wait till the next lot of classes...looks a bit high energy for me at the minute. I'd need a defib on stand-by!
    But it does look like good fun. Might do it with a friend in the summer.

Do you mind me asking if ye girls take any extra supplements or anything?

For the last few weeks, I've been falling asleep watching TV by half 10/11 and still can't get up in the mornings for work. I know even tomorrow night, I'll be out with the girls but I could easily go home by half 11, even if it's the best night ever.

Keep meaning to go to doc and get iron levels and stuff like that checked but just never seem to have the time.

I take B Complex with extra B12 in it, its meant to be good for stress and nerves, and also helps you digest and get more energy from the protein in your diet. Got it in holland & barret.

I also take there Hair/nails/skin supplement cos i have really weak hair from being blonde.

When i'm feeling seriously bloated I take HRI water balnce for day or two.

Holland&Barret are great for special offers on supplements.

When i'm a bit.....hmmmm blocked up I'll take ONE sennakot just to help things along.

I try to keep anything i take herbal and natural. I dont need any more chemicals in me!

I use Natrasleep sometimes for sleep.

yea i got the settings in weight watcher thread here. if u have trouble - pm me and i can send them on.

here is a link to an idea of anti gravity yoga....i'm dying to do it. maybe after zumba !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uI27XpezSY

that sounds fairly normal. maybe take some time out at weekend - dedicate an hour or two for yourself. plan a nice bath, face mask, candles, relaxing music. just spend time on yourself. if u had the money a massage could help they say one hour of a good massage is the same as three hours rest.......who can guess I like to pamper myself lol

Your dead right...we all need to treat ourselves more.
    Heading out with a couple of girlfriends tomorrow night, looking forward to getting glammed up. That's my little treat for this week :D

Lady Lainy - have you tried the natrasleep or anything like that?
    EDIT: Sorry, just seen your post now. Must look into the b12

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

here is a link to an idea of anti gravity yoga....i'm dying to do it. maybe after zumba !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uI27XpezSY

That looks seriously cool!!

That looks seriously cool!!

I know but at 20 quid a class i just can;t afford it - plus its good bit away from me so throw in 10 quid petrol! I will defo do it someday...zumba is defo better for burning the fat
    Heading out with a couple of girlfriends tomorrow night, looking forward to getting glammed up. That's my little treat for this week :D

yea I have a night out tommorow - keeping all my 49 points for it :eek:

12 glasses of wine and half pack of chickatee's lol - just kidding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I'm making a few things tomorrow for the freezer so I'll put them up then.

yea I have a night out tommorow - keeping all my 49 points for it :eek:

12 glasses of wine and half pack of chickatee's lol - just kidding

It's ok, I don't judge ;)
    Been saving my treat allowance for it too...trying to decide what to drink to get the best value for points and money! Spirits and diet mixer are most economical but works out expensive over the night. Maybe white wine spritzers...

EDIT: Sorry, just seen your post now. Must look into the b12

I dont know if its a placebo, but i think it helps lol
    http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=10&prodid=684

It was your idea ;)

looking forward for some inspiring dinners!

It's ok, I don't judge ;)
    Been saving my treat allowance for it too...trying to decide what to drink to get the best value for points and money! Spirits and diet mixer are most economical but works out expensive over the night. Maybe white wine spritzers...

LOL thats exactly the same boat im in. spirts are lower in calories and points...but most expensive financially...usually after a few spirts i give up and just go nuts. LOL

whats a bottle of bulmers lite. leader told us but i forget!

i love wine. I'll be all over it! just had a glass there with remaining daily. luckily its all I had in the house as I have a goo for more!!!!

lady - have you tried vallerian?

It was your idea ;)

looking forward for some inspiring dinners!

Didn't want to be jumping all over the thread as I only started yesterday. :)

Not sure I'll be inspiring anyone! I've been eating so badly recently I'm really having to think about what I'm going to have...its defo not second nature to me!

• Advertisement

I find magnesium really good for sleep. This one is excellent and lasts a long time.
    http://www.calmnatural.com/natural-calm-16oz

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement