Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Island Key, East Wall

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 tommyp

smccarrick wrote: »
    Less of the rhetoric please. Any more wildlife related comments from folk- will result in a ban. You have been warned.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭OnlyWayIsUp

tommyp wrote: »
    the feral scum still have the place over run I hear

What are you hearing? Would be interested to highlight in so maybe something will get done about it.

See the thread I just started at 10:17.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dmaurice

This thread makes it sound like we are living in the ghetto! I can honestly say barring a few iscolated incidents - which i agree are unacceptable, its generally a good, quiet place to live. Sure there are examples of idiots etc....but day to day the people are friendly and everyone (barring a few) respects the complex as it should be respected.

Its not the best place to live, but it is also far from the worst! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Dmaurice wrote: »
    This thread makes it sound like we are living in the ghetto! I can honestly say barring a few iscolated incidents - which i agree are unacceptable, its generally a good, quiet place to live. Sure there are examples of idiots etc....but day to day the people are friendly and everyone (barring a few) respects the complex as it should be respected.

Its not the best place to live, but it is also far from the worst! :)

I'd actually agree with that mate - it's just that the few incidents that have happened have been big incidents.

Time the Managing Agents got the finger out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dmaurice

yeah agreed - i actually had a good conversation with the bloke running the management agency for Island Key, the problems he is facing is that block 4+5 are owned by NABCO so they dont actually manage those blocks, he said all incidents are reported but other than that his hands are tied. He seems a good bloke actually, had a good chat about the place etc and how the finishing of block 1 has gone to tender and should be completed later this year which is good.

• Advertisement

Dmaurice wrote: »
    yeah agreed - i actually had a good conversation with the bloke running the management agency for Island Key, the problems he is facing is that block 4+5 are owned by NABCO so they dont actually manage those blocks, he said all incidents are reported but other than that his hands are tied. He seems a good bloke actually, had a good chat about the place etc and how the finishing of block 1 has gone to tender and should be completed later this year which is good.

Well lets see what he does about the party still ongoing in Block 3. Can you hear them? :mad::mad::mad: Whats the name of the company that looks after Block 3?

Most nights at approx 12:45/12:50 a car drives into the complex and starts hooting its horn outside one of the duplex's across the road from my apartment. People are asleep at this ffs, why the hell are you waking people up?

Anyone know what this car is up to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 gsh20

Most nights at approx 12:45/12:50 a car drives into the complex and starts hooting its horn outside one of the duplex's across the road from my apartment. People are asleep at this ffs, why the hell are you waking people up?

Anyone know what this car is up to?

I've heard it too buddy, frankly I'm getting very angry with the noise most weekends, I work weekends have to be up at 6am so when someone is blasting music or shouting on the way home from a late one down the pub it drives me crazy, I've emailed a complaint to the landlords and just got a sorry back, other then the disruption its fine, and during the week its grand but I will defo move somewhere quieter when lease expires

gsh20 wrote: »
    I've heard it too buddy, frankly I'm getting very angry with the noise most weekends, I work weekends have to be up at 6am so when someone is blasting music or shouting on the way home from a late one down the pub it drives me crazy, I've emailed a complaint to the landlords and just got a sorry back, other then the disruption its fine, and during the week its grand but I will defo move somewhere quieter when lease expires

Have you tried e-mailing Lansdowne Partnership? info@lansdownepartnership.ie

Yup, every weekend there's a party on. Last night yet ANOTHER all night party and now, in another apartment, the balcony on the top floor is full of more folk.

FFS can we not fcukin sleep please?

Have you tried e-mailing Lansdowne Partnership? info@lansdownepartnership.ie

Yup, every weekend there's a party on. Last night yet ANOTHER all night party and now, in another apartment, the balcony on the top floor is full of more folk.

FFS can we not fcukin sleep please?

I emailed Susan Downes, and she then passed it on to the manager.
    Yea i heard the parties last night as well, i think one was in my block and the other one was in the block where the lansdowne partnership office is, they were still shouting their mouths off at 7am when i left, there was massive cheers and a big light outside at like 4 or 5am as well did you hear that?

• Advertisement

I emailed Susan Downes, and she then passed it on to the manager.
    Yea i heard the parties last night as well, i think one was in my block and the other one was in the block where the lansdowne partnership office is, they were still shouting their mouths off at 7am when i left, there was massive cheers and a big light outside at like 4 or 5am as well did you hear that?

It's getting ridiculous in here now, every single weekend the same sh1te is happening.

It's getting ridiculous in here now, every single weekend the same sh1te is happening.

I can STILL hear them now. So as well as keeping me awake all night they keep going during the day so even then I can't catch back up on my sleep.

I can STILL hear them now. So as well as keeping me awake all night they keep going during the day so even then I can't catch back up on my sleep.

****ers aint they, probs be another noisy tonight with it being bank holiday but really hope not

****ers aint they, probs be another noisy tonight with it being bank holiday but really hope not

Well, action will only be taken if folk complain.

Well, action will only be taken if folk complain.
    I have been complaining but because I don't actually know what apartment numbers the noise is coming from there's not much the guy can do, again this morning I've been woken up from half 4, its now gone 6am and there is still noise, I do think about calling the gardai sometimes but I don't know if that is the smart thing to do exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

is it not the city council who are responsible for noise pollution? They should have an environmental officer or someone like that to follow up your complaint

I have been complaining but because I don't actually know what apartment numbers the noise is coming from there's not much the guy can do, again this morning I've been woken up from half 4, its now gone 6am and there is still noise, I do think about calling the gardai sometimes but I don't know if that is the smart thing to do exactly

Another weekend... another all night party...

Another weekend... another all night party...

It's getting out of hand, it's now happening every weekend and the managing agents are seemingly doing nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I'm in the offices at the moment and a load of the bicycles appear to have been intentionally punctured. Things have been taken off the bikes too. Not clip on things either things requiring tools to remove them. Only here temporary and I must admit the place doesn't feel safe.

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    I'm in the offices at the moment and a load of the bicycles appear to have been intentionally punctured. Things have been taken off the bikes too. Not clip on things either things requiring tools to remove them. Only here temporary and I must admit the place doesn't feel safe.

Not the first time the bike shed has been targeted. Have you notified the management company? The bike shed is under 24 hour camera surveillance.

But then given that some residents are actually some of the scumbags that broke into cars in the underground car park then you're fighting a losing battle.

Without doubt it's time for some on-site security.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Not the first time the bike shed has been targeted. Have you notified the management company? The bike shed is under 24 hour camera surveillance.

But then given that some residents are actually some of the scumbags that broke into cars in the underground car park then you're fighting a losing battle.

Without doubt it's time for some on-site security.
    I did and there is no camera on the bikes. Not going to risk it anymore and brink it into the offices. Kids are most likely the cause. Bored kids with bad parenting are just going to grow up and be worse. Glad I don't live here.

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    I did and there is no camera on the bikes. Not going to risk it anymore and brink it into the offices. Kids are most likely the cause. Bored kids with bad parenting are just going to grow up and be worse. Glad I don't live here.

Do you work here?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

That is one of the reasons why I changed my mind of buying a bicycle... The underground parking is like a heaven for thief. Even after they put a lock (code lock) on doors it does not look save.

And speaking of kids, I do believe that they have something to do here too, when my shift ends earlier and I am driving in to the underground parking, I usually see 3-5 kids messing around with some sticks, stones there. And they stare at you like you interrupted them.

Cameras? What's the point of them? Scumbag can simple put on the hood and walk out with a bike or a stereo, or whatever (that is what happened to my neighbors bike...). I really don't believe someone is monitoring them (although a new sign says different)...

I am glad my neighbors are not noisy, sometimes they do party, but it's OK with me, all of us have right to do it occasionally.

What is it with those clowns in 139 waking folk up at 3am rolling on the ground after getting out of the taxi and then screaming their head off in the complex... though I think someone was shouting at them to shut up as one of them shouted back to call into him for a "chat" in 139?

Why do attention seekers such as these idiots feel the need to wake everyone on their way home?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Ms Potter

a friend of mine has posted the keys of the apartment she bought in this hellhole back to the bank, she lost her job and will not scrimp and use savings to live next to scum, she moved back down the country to Co Tipp

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ms Potter wrote: »
    a friend of mine has posted the keys of the apartment she bought in this hellhole back to the bank, she lost her job and will not scrimp and use savings to live next to scum, she moved back down the country to Co Tipp

She can post the keys back to the bank to her hearts content- and I hope it makes her feel a little better for having done so- but the act of posting the keys to the bank means absolutely nothing in Irish law. She needs to communicate with them- little acts of defiance, however well intended, won't achieve anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭zielarz

I recently moved in to Island Key apts and it seems that every 2-3 night is noisy. Last night some idiot shouted around 2.30, he said he's from apt 112. Is this a norm in here?

zielarz wrote: »
    I recently moved in to Island Key apts and it seems that every 2-3 night is noisy. Last night some idiot shouted around 2.30, he said he's from apt 112. Is this a norm in here?

Yes, it is competely normal, get used to it.

Let's give blame here to where it's due, the idiots that make the noise.

However, the Managing Agents don't seem to care whatsoever about the amount of noise. There are cameras recording 24/7, it's easy to pick up the clowns that make all the noise and stop them, there should be zero tolerance on this kind of stuff and the message quickly gets across.

For instance, across the road from me there's a car that "delivers" something to a house at 12:45ish am many times a week. The idiot hoots his horn practically every night waking people up. How hard is it to stop this?

Cars are parked all over footpaths and dangerously on the corner.

I believe from reading this that cars and bikes have been regularly broken into and all-night paties are common.

The kids playing space is fenced off causing them to find other places to play in... and damage.

The noise issue needs to be taken more seriously by the Managing Agents.

zielarz wrote: »

The Managing Agent actually posts quite a lot on this forum, I don't want to name him, but he'll be looking in and hopefully taking note of the complaints.

Now getting the Agents to act is another thing so xxx xxxxxx any chance of acting please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Big Show

Seems to be a new block becoming available soon, I was considering renting here but reading the previous few pages I'm not sure..

I've lived in a few places with similar problems (car's broken into, bikes stolen, loud parties etc) but generally it has happened infrequently, just wondering how bad it really is here?

are there cars and bikes stolen every week? are the house parties just at weekends or happening every day? on a scale of one to ten whats it like to live here?

From the posts above it sounds like Beirut!

Cheers,
    Big Show.

Advertisement