Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Island Key, East Wall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

It's not completely on the subject but does anyone know of a person who is playing football at artificial football field on East Road? I saw a net inside the house block. Would be nice to play there a bit, but don't know any lads from here... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭OnlyWayIsUp

What a lovely party on Friday night, what lovely people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

What a lovely party on Friday night, what lovely people.

I wasn't there thankfully. What happened?

You were lucky. DJ complete with Amps and Decks (not to be confused with the annoying Geordies!) set up on a balcony on the 1st Floor in Block 4 and decided to wake the whole complex. Gardai were called and got a bottle lobbed at them.

Seriously what kind of person do you have to be to have a party on your balcony in the early hours of the morning without thinking "Hmmmmm, maybe this wil wake people up?"

By the looks of the amount of people on their balcony's the entire complex was woken up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Simply put, it was the loudest and most anti-social noise I've ever experienced.

• Advertisement

Are we talking about a rented apartment here? If so, surely the lease has been broken and the tenants should be evicted ASAP.

Are we talking about a rented apartment here? If so, surely the lease has been broken and the tenants should be evicted ASAP.

The party was on in Block 4, the apartment in question is the one with the huge balcony above the creche. Loads of people were on their balconies staring in disbelief at the scenes, the Gardai came three times. After they left for the second time a fella came out of Block 3 and was remonstrating with them as to why they couldn't stop the party.

It was as loud as being in a nightclub, what kind of scumbag blares music from Amps on their balcony at 2am? Inconsiderate idiots who are obviously not capable of living in an apartment.

Would love to see them come on here and defend their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

How come I didn't hear it?
    I live in Block 2, facing South, towards Convention center.

Mope wrote: »
    How come I didn't hear it?
    I live in Block 2, facing South, towards Convention center.

I have absolutely no idea how you could possibly not have heard it. It was like being in a nightclub the noise was that loud.

Anyone know why access to the green area at the front of the complex has been sectioned off?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

You NEED to set up a vigilantie group to sort those vermin out.

One or two masked beatings to send out a message.

Mgmt comp, gardai and boards.ie chats arent solving your problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 tommyp

Parts of Dublin are full of feral scum - usually inner city or odd postal codes or high even ones.....no solution just pity for the silly gimps who paid hundreds of thousands to live next to the scum.....no future for them now I'm afraid, and any kids the tools who bought in this hell hole have will also grow up feral and become part of the scum-pack. Avoid all who live there....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

turbobaby wrote: »
    You NEED to set up a vigilantie group to sort those vermin out.

One or two masked beatings to send out a message.

Mgmt comp, gardai and boards.ie chats arent solving your problems.

You've just earned yourself a ban from this forum.
    Anyone advocating illegal activities will earn a similar ban.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

My buddy's car was broken into in secure underground carpark. Window smashed, stereo gone etc... This is now the second time this has happened, the first time it was someone who lives in the complex that did it.

Anyone else having any trouble in the car park?

My buddy's car was broken into in secure underground carpark. Window smashed, stereo gone etc... This is now the second time this has happened, the first time it was someone who lives in the complex that did it.

Anyone else having any trouble in the car park?

still think its an ok place to reside? are you renting? get out ! break the lease !

I heard from a guy in work who has the misfortune of owning a gaff in the hellhole that there was a 'bonfire on a balcony' last night :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dmaurice

im pretty sure some of you are talking about a different place! Been here 2 1/2 years and not a bother.

Dmaurice wrote: »
    im pretty sure some of you are talking about a different place! Been here 2 1/2 years and not a bother.
    are you on the right thread?

Dmaurice wrote: »

You can't beat a bit of black humour!

You can't beat a bit of black humour!
    there's denial and then there's the river in Egypt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Trap

I know of several bikes that were stolen from the "Bike Department" below block 2. It looks whoever did this tried to get every bike in there. Some broken locks on the ground, etc.

Does anyone know if it's been reported to the guards?
    Or if Lansdowne has done anything about it

Aaaaaahhhhh, don't you just love the sound if a f$@&kin DJ blasting to the entire complex at 1:20am? What kind of mentality does it take to have a f$&@kin DJ with speakers pointing OUTWARDS into the complex?

That's the second time in a couple of weeks this has happened. It was galling to listen to the weapon in the house saying that they were picking on her and that a few weeks ago they ignored the people in the private house having the party... Eh, they were social housing too ya muppet.

There's a lot of work that needs to be done to this complex, it's a kip.

So now it's ok to have DJs playing to entire apartment complexes? A lady even went into the party at about 3am with a very young baby to tell them to shut the hell up.

This cannot continue...

Nothing at all to be nervous about pal - I find the area absolutely fine.

What block you moving in to?

is it fine or not? why dont you try a hunger strike for the craic? Maybe become one of the feral youself?

tommyp wrote: »
    is it fine or not? why dont you try a hunger strike for the craic? Maybe become one of the feral youself?

No doubt there's problems here now... they had better be sorted though.

No doubt there's problems here now... they had better be sorted though.

or what? you'll starve yourself and smear da poo-poo all over the gaff like your hero?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I have been casually reading this thread on and off. The sad reality is when I saw these being built I suspected that there would be similar problems to what is being described.
    Anybody buying have similar fears before buying?

tommyp wrote: »
    or what? you'll starve yourself and smear da poo-poo all over the gaff like your hero?

Personally abusive towards other forum users.
    7 day posting ban.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

the feral scum still have the place over run I hear

• Advertisement

Less of the rhetoric please. Any more wildlife related comments from folk- will result in a ban. You have been warned.

Advertisement