Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

64yr old man raped 7yr old!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Ziggurat

The "honey" was sarcastic ha!!! The fact u didnt get that proves a lot!

I'm sure you, as an intelligent, reasonable person, realise that the written word cannot convey the kind of subtleties and inflections that speech can.
    I know well what you mean by "honey", it was "Ho-ho-ho, I'm going to call this guy honey in a vain attempt to appear superior! Oh how clever of me!"

Worked out real well for you, didn't it.
    It was a statement and you think a whine about "trolls" is gonna prove your point? HA!

Whine? Where did I whine? You're floundering.
    You want to take this to PM go ahead, I dont want this topic ruined by your constant accuastions of trolling

Constant? I've just brought up. You seem awfully defensive, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

ClioV6 wrote: »
    You have a LOT to learn if you think it's that black and white.

god help ya, cos no one else would.

:rolleyes: Wow, you manage to fit in so much crap in so few words.

Here is a definition of murder, because I'm not quite sure you know what it is:
    Murder is the unlawful killing of a human person with malice aforethought, as defined in Common Law countries. Murder is generally distinguished from other forms of homicide by the elements of malice aforethought and the lack of lawful justification

Now would be as kind as to tell me where this would be acceptable? Don't bother bringing up abortion, euthanasia or killing someone in self defence, because none of those are murder.
    i apoligise for misjudging your opinon, however in my exp the only people who defend corporl punishment are bible bashers, thats unfortunatly the way i know things, and as ive said im sorry for misjudging your views
    Apology accepted and no hard feelings :)
    You should know though that not everyone opposed to corporal punishment is a Bible-belter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Quinine wrote: »
    I know well what you mean by "honey", it was "Ho-ho-ho, I'm going to call this guy honey in a vain attempt to appear superior! Oh how clever of me!"

where i come from "honey" is a general term, the fact u think i ment superiority by it shows your very ignorant!

Worked out real well for you, didn't it.

yes it showed your very ignorant- as shown above!!!

Constant? I've just brought up. You seem awfully defensive, though.

i had confused u with a seperate poster at that stage for which im sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

This makes me sick.

I'm not of the hang him brigade just lock him away for as long as possible. And he won't get destroyed in prison. They have a seperate building for these guys because they learned from the last time. According to Portlaois anyway when I visited.

where i come from "honey" is a general term, the fact u think i ment superiority by it shows your very ignorant!

yes it showed your very ignorant- as shown above!!!

First you said it was sarcastic (which I'm more willing to believe) now you say it's a general term. Which is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

First you said it was sarcastic (which I'm more willing to believe) now you say it's a general term. Which is it?

its both here hun...come down here, and you will know ...it can be said in either term, the fact u couldnt read the term means im open to the "you cant prove what tone you ment it in- therefore im right" comments

so come on im waiting *unless someone else else from tipp wants to butt n and agree with me" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭suspectdevice

my mates got a lurcher called honey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Kold wrote: »
    Hey hey HEY. Can someone please explain to me what is so wrong with having sex with kids?

WTF !?

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hear the news this morning about the 89 year old raped in Cork?..

She told her attackers "cum back next year and the craic will be ninety".

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

So as iv said before hes being REWARDED for admittimg hes in the wrong, its a ****ing joke i dont give a crap what way its seen!

He's not being "rewarded" for admitting he's in the wrong.

He's had a few years shaved off due to the fact he has shown remorse for the crime. It's part of the justice system that most country's have. That someone who expresses remorse is on the road to possible rehabilitation.

Do you have any kids of your own? Brothers or sisters?
    Would you give the exact same punishment to a kid who admitted he's wrong as to one who tried every trick in the book to escape being punished?

Let me try and break it down for you:
    Johnny has been arrested for accusations of murder. The "guilty" factor has been removed and regardless of what he pleads, he will face the same punishment.
    He can either:
    A) Plead guilty, securing the exact same punishment.
    B) He can try and plead not guilty as there is a slim hope he may get off and the risks are no worse.

You may not give a crap but thankfully this justice system doesn't work on your opinions. Otherwise we'd be spending a lot more money on courts and forcing victims to relive their worst experiences.

You seem far more caught up in your own desire for revenge than any sympathy for the victim.

so justice and revenge are the same thing! v funny HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Let me see...

SICKO OLD MAN "hmmm i cant get any sex, oh look a little girl, they wont tell if i give them a lolly"
    yes, that's exactly what it boils down to. people unable to get sex. There's no such things as prostitutes. Hey, it's been a few months since I had any action, maybe that means it's time for to head to the local playpark.
    COP THE HELL ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh sweet irony.
    Revenge should be a law instead of justice, cos they are sitting there in the cells with their tvs and **** and lifes the same, and that child going through depression and anxiety and suicide-issues! they get NOTHING compared to the life sentence those victims get!
    No it shouldn't. I'm having a grand old time studying the law and it'd be a terrible system if revenge was the law. Have you ever had revenge on someone who wronged you? I have and it certainly didn't make me feel better. Justice is about harmony and attempting to balance out the act of the offender.

Oh yes. I actually laughed at the bit about the TVs. Rabble Rabble Rabble.
    If the family got to go into a room with a weapon and do ANY DAMAGE they like to them , i bet they would beat them to pulps, thats revenge hun, living every day with "guilts" nothing, cos they feel no guilt. the word "guilt" is just there for the defence to play with- it means nothing! If they felt any guilt they wouldnt have done it in the first place.
    Brilliant. Wonderful system, let's just let the family do what they like to offenders. That will certainly redress what happened. Two wrongs make a right and all that. It'd also be a great idea given the nature of wrongful convictions etc etc. Perhaps you'd like to have a look at 19th century prisons and what went on there. Or even prison systems today: brutalising a criminal will result in him getting out and being even more hardened. Recidivism spirals etc.

If they felt guilt they'd never have done it?
    Sorry, I'd view that as balls.
    Have you ever felt guilt? Nah, impossible as if you felt it you wouldn't have done the deed in the first place so have nothing to feel guilty about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

it was worth trudging through this morass of hysterical nosense just for those. I salute you.

And amazingly, the irony will be lost on most people here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

so justice and revenge are the same thing! v funny HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Let me see...

SICKO OLD MAN "hmmm i cant get any sex, oh look a little girl, they wont tell if i give them a lolly"

COP THE HELL ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revenge should be a law instead of justice, cos they are sitting there in the cells with their tvs and **** and lifes the same, and that child going through depression and anxiety and suicide-issues! they get NOTHING compared to the life sentence those victims get!

If the family got to go into a room with a weapon and do ANY DAMAGE they like to them , i bet they would beat them to pulps, thats revenge hun, living every day with "guilts" nothing, cos they feel no guilt. the word "guilt" is just there for the defence to play with- it means nothing! If they felt any guilt they wouldnt have done it in the first place.

Um I was correcting you. You seem to think that "axing" the paedophile would be justice, it's not, it's revenge. Of course I don't think they are the same thing, don't be so silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Dunno if it's been pointed out but he's 64 now, he was 54 when he raped a 7 year old.

Anyways back to the rabbling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

:rolleyes: Wow, you manage to fit in so much crap in so few words.

Here is a definition of murder, because I'm not quite sure you know what it is:

Now would be as kind as to tell me where this would be acceptable? Don't bother bringing up abortion, euthanasia or killing someone in self defence, because none of those are murder.

haha, yeah alright.

self defence can very well be murder actually..or are you too closed minded or blind stupid to see how that's possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Nehaxak wrote: »
    WTF !?

:mad:

Well that just isn't an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't know... I think taking someone's freedom away for a long time and leaving them sitting in a cell with barely anything to do and nobody to talk to seems like a harsh enough punishment. I know it would cause me to actually lose my mind after a few weeks. If he's segregated from the other prisoners (and the hypocrisy of dangerous criminals getting all self righteous is laughable) I doubt the prison staff will be too gentle in their treatment of him.
    It's sad when trolls don't even try.
    Be fair Quinine. She's not trolling. A view which appears misguided is not necessarily a trollish one.
    in my exp the only people who defend corporl punishment are bible bashers
    Wait a sec... you mean capital punishment don't you (corporal punishment is physical discipline, capital punishment is the death penalty)? And you say bible bashers are the ones who are opposed to it? Are you not familiar with the Deep South?!
    Hey, it's been a few months since I had any action, maybe that means it's time for to head to the local playpark.
    :eek: PAEDOPHILE!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

greatgoal banned for a month for threatening another user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

ClioV6 wrote: »
    haha, yeah alright.

self defence can very well be murder actually..or are you too closed minded or blind stupid to see how that's possible?

How can self defence be murder?

Doesn't murder have to be planned while death due to self defence is manslaughter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Kold wrote: »
    Well that just isn't an answer.

Are you seriously asking what is wrong with having sex with kids ?
    I mean seriously ? I find it very hard to believe anyone in their right mind would ask such a question so please explain why you think it is not wrong to have sex with children.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Are you seriously asking what is wrong with having sex with kids ?
    I mean seriously ? I find it very hard to believe anyone in their right mind would ask such a question so please explain why you think it is not wrong to have sex with children.

No, he's not being serious. Obviously. FFS -_-.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    Be fair Quinine. She's not trolling. A view which appears misguided is not necessarily a trollish one.

It wasn't the view but the manner in which it was put across. It seemed phrased to incite an argument. Ah, maybe I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Cue posters going on about how he should be tortured and force fed excrement. And their claims he will be going to some cell with a plasma screen telly and a Playstation 3.

All in the name of sticking it to the PC brigade.

I think he deserves to die. Do you think you're being cool and nonchalant in saying this? Are you working on your "I've seen it all before" world weary attitude? If you think he shouldn't be given a harsh punishment, fair enough. That's your opinion. But you should respect peoples right to be disgusted and outraged by this. If it happened to this girl, it could have happened to you just as easily. Okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

I think he deserves to die. Do you think you're being cool and nonchalant in saying this? Are you working on your "I've seen it all before" world weary attitude? If you think he shouldn't be given a harsh punishment, fair enough. That's your opinion. But you should respect peoples right to be disgusted and outraged by this. If it happened to this girl, it could have happened to you just as easily. Okay?

Good man Jack;) Tell the bleeding hearts where to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Darragh29 wrote: »
    No, but justice and deterrence share the same bed. There are only two crimes in my eyes that have to be dealt with in a special way:

(1) Crimes against humanity

(2) Crimes against children

If you commit a crime that falls into the above category, you should be prepared to suffer a cruxification.

Is the implication here that Jesus raped a kid? So the Jews were right all along?.......there's a turn up for the books.

I think he deserves to die.
    Nice for you and all that. Sadly, I'd be extremely worried by anyone who would wish death on another person.
    Do you think you're being cool and nonchalant in saying this? Are you working on your "I've seen it all before" world weary attitude?
    Oh yes. That's what it's all about.
    I'm trying to look cool by thinking punishment should still leave us with the moral highground.

Actually, AH has seen it all before.
    Every time some atrocity is committed, AH is inundated with people who post first and think later/

If you think he shouldn't be given a harsh punishment, fair enough. That's your opinion.
    Wherever did I say I didn't support harsh punishments?
    harsh; sure.
    Excessive; no.

But you should respect peoples right to be disgusted and outraged by this. If it happened to this girl, it could have happened to you just as easily. Okay?
    Not okay really, maybe if you got down off the high horse.

I'm baffled as to why you think I amn't outraged and disgusted by this. Any normal person would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

1. Nice for you and all that. Sadly, I'd be extremely worried by anyone who would wish death on another person.

2. Oh yes. I'm trying to look cool by thinking punishment should still leave us with the moral highground.

3.Excessive; no.

Not okay really, maybe if you got down off the high horse.

I'm baffled as to why you think I amn't outraged and disgusted by this. Any normal person would be.

1. I'd be more more worried about people who force themselves on children.

2. Yes. You are.

3. I don't think the death penalty is excessive. Torture might be going overboard. But that's just my opinion. You can roll your eyes to heaven all you like but that is what I believe.

kickouttathejams, I wasn't being sarcastic... Feel free to withdraw your thanks, if you like:P

Be worried about them so. Good thing I'm not.

I however, would remain extremely nervous around those who feel they can choose when to end someones life or not and attempt to justify by the crimes of another.
    2. Yes. You are.
    You honestly think that the reason someone would be jaded with blood baying hysteriacs on AH is purely to be cool?

Also, you know what I'm thinking? I need to start wearing my tinfoil hat.
    3. I don't think the death penalty is excessive. Torture might be going overboard. But that's just my opinion. You can roll your eyes to heaven all you like but that is what I believe.
    Sound, hold on a sec while I roll my eyes.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

All done now.

Why do you view torture as unacceptable but the death penalty as not?

Are we going to kill people to teach people it's wrong to kill people?
    and so on.

:pac:

• Advertisement

kickouttathejams, I wasn't being sarcastic... Feel free to withdraw your thanks, if you like:P

My thanks was sarcastic.

Feel free to delete it if you wish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement