Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

64yr old man raped 7yr old!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah... Oh wait, you're not being serious are you? You DON'T really think it's a good idea for a government to shoot convicted child rapists or decapitate them and skewer their heads on pikes? ****ing bleeding heart liberal!
    It can only mean one thing: you defend paedophiles and approve of them! I have no proof you don't want to see paedophiles punished but the fact that you don't want them tortured to death obviously means you support them and would like to see them accepted into society... Wait a minute... you ARE a paedophile! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Dudess wrote: »
    Yeah... Oh wait, you're not being serious are you? You DON'T really think it's a good idea for a government to shoot convicted child rapists or decapitate them and skewer their heads on pikes? ****ing bleeding heart liberal!
    It can only mean one thing: you defend paedophiles and approve of them! I have no proof you don't want to see paedophiles punished but the fact that you don't want them tortured to death obviously means you support them and would like to see them accepted into society... Wait a minute... you ARE a paedophile! :mad:

My secret's out! I've been pretending to be a human being all this time when in fact I'm the dreaded pedophile. Locks up your (infant) daughters! HOW WANTS TO BE IN MY GANG MY GANG?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

the difference between us in a civilised and those in places like Sudan, is how we treat our criminals.

Yes, it sounds like a nice idea to take them, remove their testicles and burn them, which i think, most people off the cuff would approve of. However if you look at the practicality of it anfd why it is not carried out by most other civilisied societies you will find that saying things like "take him to the streets and burn him" would make us as a society as uncivilisied as the offender himself.

Lock the scumbag up, he as i said earlier will get raped in jail, its hard to find tender wrinkly meat in jail like that, so his ass will go for a high price, - probably 20 marlboro and small bag of weed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Ziggurat

snyper wrote: »
    the difference between us in a civilised and those in places like Sudan, is how we treat our criminals.

Yes, it sounds like a nice idea to take them, remove their testicles and burn them, which i think, most people off the cuff would approve of. However if you look at the practicality of it anfd why it is not carried out by most other civilisied societies you will find that saying things like "take him to the streets and burn him" would make us as a society as uncivilisied as the offender himself.

Lock the scumbag up, he as i said earlier will get raped in jail, its hard to find tender wrinkly meat in jail like that, so his ass will go for a high price, - probably 20 marlboro and small bag of weed.

Am I the only one who doesn't think it sounds like a nice idea? Who thinks that even when a person commits a crime they're still human and as such retain certain rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭DenMan

What I find horrifying is that as tax payers it will the girls family who will be contributing to keeping him locked up inside those hallowed walls. Once he gets out he will be put through the whole process of rehabilitation and eventually re-integration into society....which again they will be contributing towards. Where is the justice in that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,261 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Nehaxak wrote: »
    I understand that point also and I know the cons of giving out the death sentance as a punishment, could end up with pedos killing their victims to stop them becoming witnesses and that is a risk but what are we supposed to do ? Just lock them up for a few years, paying for their upkeep in a prison with other filthy scumbag pedos just like them ?

Castration is another option and I see no cons to that one.

This just sickens me so much. Reading the story of what that poor child had to endure actually brings me close to tears, I feel so sorry for her and how we as a country have failed to protect her or even give out a punishment more suitable to the crime other than just a few years away in a cosy prison with other pedos, rapists etc., Sickening it is.

Prison, but it should be life. And life MEANING life. Don't know about the pros and cons of castration, but you don't need a penis to sexually abuse a child.

Yes it is and they get their own special wing/landing in the joy, kept away for the most part from the rest of the prison population with extra protection given to them from the guards.

Well, I'd say ask some prison guards if they think segregation is a good or bad idea before going down that road.
    Marksie wrote: »
    The problem with the vigilante justice brigade is that well..vigilante justice can be somewhat indiscriminate.

I am reminded of one of the sunday rags in the uk, publishing the names and addresses from theh register a few years back.
    Mobs were duly formed and a house burned down. Much to the chagrin of the owners as the guy in question had moved.

...not to mention the vigilantes well-informed and honorable citizens of Portsmouth that torched the house of a paediatrician.
    Quinine wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't think it sounds like a nice idea? Who thinks that even when a person commits a crime they're still human and as such retain certain rights?

I'm long since given up the idea that Ireland is in any way 'civilised'.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I'm long since given up the idea that Ireland is in any way 'civilised'.

Is it a majority that hold those opinions? I don't want to believe that's the case.
    That said, I would tend to agree with you.

Quinine wrote: »
    Is it a majority that hold those opinions? I don't want to believe that's the case.
    That said, I would tend to agree with you.

As long as they're using TV3 and the Scumday World/Star to link to news items, yes. It is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

ha ha thats a laugh,now im no court room genius- but he pleaded guilty, so therefore hes admitting what he did, so he should be REDUCED 8 YEARS for admitting hes in the wrong!!!

ARE YA MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know how complicated, expensive and time consuming a court process is?

If he had pleaded not guilty then the victim would be forced to relive all her experiences to try and convict him.

Hence why courts give reduced sentences for those who plead guilty.
    Also, the idea is that someone who confesses over someone who doesn't is that the confessor achknowledges their crime and feels remorse for it.
    Never say never. Justice is not the same as what the courts say it is. Justice is some kind of punishment that should put the family at ease.

So I say kill him, (Then again I believe the Death Penalty should be used in alot of cases.)
    Justice is all about harmony and attempting to balance out the terrible crimes people commit.

Sadly, too many people#s idea of justice is revenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The bastard should be locked up for life, in my opinion - and in solitary confinement. Horrific tortures and an agonising slow death - no.
    +1. That's the best way to deal with anyone who has committed serious crimes like rape and murder. I want him to suffer for what he's done, but I don't agree with physical torture (we don't live in Medieval times anymore)
    Dudess wrote:
    I guess because my recommended punishment isn't sadistic enough though, it makes me a bleeding heart, do-gooder, PC, looney leftie, commie nazi.

[Des] Yes, yes it does. [/Des]

• Advertisement

[Degsy]It makes you as bad as, if not worse than, a paedophile!!![/Degsy] :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Prison, but it should be life. And life MEANING life. Don't know about the pros and cons of castration, but you don't need a penis to sexually abuse a child.

That's true Icky but the simple fact is that vast majority of child molestors are men. Thanks though for having the decency to argue you points in an unbiased and fair manner and I appreciate that (and your postings in general) although I still firmly believe he should be killed for what he done and I hope someone gets to him in prison and slashes his throat.
    Agree to disagree I guess as my views won't change.

That's true Icky but the simple fact is that vast majority of child molestors are men. Thanks though for having the decency to argue you points in an unbiased and fair manner and I appreciate that (and your postings in general) although I still firmly believe he should be killed for what he done and I hope someone gets to him in prison and slashes his throat.
    Agree to disagree I guess as my views won't change.

True, but is death not letting him off? I mean look at Ian Huntley: he's tried to commit suicide on more than one occasion. If you give him death, are you not giving him what he wants?

Yeah, I've always thought those nazi war criminals who hanged themselves before trial or sentencing had a lucky escape and it was most unjust.

Ikky, when you said you don't need a penis to sexually abuse, I presumed you were still referring to men.

Chemical castration has been found to be flawed. Those who undergo it can still go on to re-offend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

True, but is death not letting him off? I mean look at Ian Huntley: he's tried to commit suicide on more than one occasion. If you give him death, are you not giving him what he wants?

I don't see any reason to keep him alive. The human race itself is better off with him dead.

Ikky, when you said you don't need a penis to sexually abuse, I presumed you were still referring to men.

Chemical castration has been found to be flawed. Those who undergo it can still go on to re-offend.

I was referring to men. I mean, you can still "indectly assault" a child with your hands. Like I said, I haven't done the research on castration, so I'm not pro or con for it. But if it's flawed, what's the point?

Female paedophiles create a different conundrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

People who commit sex crimes were often abused themselves as kids. Still, I am not defending this paedophile, anyone who wants to know how badly being sexually abused can affect someone should read "First Person Plural: My Life as a Multiple" by Dr Cameron West. He was sexually abused by his mother, grandmother and an unidentified man and it caused him to develop dissociative identity disorder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Some people in Uk have already taken the law into their own hands .A 73 year old convicted pedophile Gorden Boon was found strangled last week in a remore woodland .The body was discovered by walkers in great witchingham near Norwich .The deceased was on licence from prison and it's thought he may have being killed by a vigilante

This (below ) is the other side of the debate .When somebody who is accused of sexual assult is murdered without any evidence to support the alligations

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2007/12/15/innocent-grandad-shot-dead-over-girl-s-sex-claim-86908-20253127/

100% agree with that. My main reason for being against the death penalty is that it lets people off. I'd much prefer they stay in prison and have to live with what they've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Fill in their vaginas with Polyfilla?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Marksie wrote: »
    The problem with the vigilante justice brigade is that well..vigilante justice can be somewhat indiscriminate.

I am reminded of one of the sunday rags in the uk, publishing the names and addresses from theh register a few years back.
    Mobs were duly formed and a house burned down. Much to the chagrin of the owners as the guy in question had moved.

The funniest was when they confused a paediatrician with paedophile.

I have no problem people knowing peadophiles are in their area, if the locals could be sensible and not form vigilante groups.

Ikky Poo2 wrote:
    Fill in their vaginas with Polyfilla?

Yes, but only if they've been through the menopause. Otherwise, it would get a bit too messy.

The funniest was when they confused a paediatrician with paedophile.

I have no problem people knowing peadophiles are in their area, if the locals could be sensible and not form vigilante groups.

Which would never happen.

That really is the worst thing about vigilante justice: no oversight. When they screw up (and they do) then innocent people are hurt or even killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Sorry Enda, you're gonna have to do a bit better with your recommended tortures... ;)

And by the way... you're defending paedophilia! :mad:

Hey hey HEY. Can someone please explain to me what is so wrong with having sex with kids? It was everyday practice in past societies, I've known couples with 10-15 year age gaps and get this, when you have sex with kids, they don't cry... THEY LAUGH, explain that huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭DenMan

Kold wrote: »
    Hey hey HEY. Can someone please explain to me what is so wrong with having sex with kids? It was everyday practice in past societies, I've known couples with 10-15 year age gaps and get this, when you have sex with kids, they don't cry... THEY LAUGH, explain that huh?

Oh dear!!! We are talking about actual kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

latchyco wrote: »
    Some people in Uk have already taken the law into their own hands .A 73 year old convicted pedophile Gorden Boon was found strangled last week in a remore woodland .

Wasn't there also a story about a pediatrician's office being smashed up because the vigilantes thought the word meant something else?
    they should all be axed ok- if my dad came out as a peado id grab the axe n kill him on the spot if i loved him or not- its just wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool - you are also now prepared if he turns into a vampire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

it makes you think when in some backward countrys young girls are married off at the age of 7 to dirty old men .and the rest of the world except it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

This thread has made me feel seriously sick, SICK SICK I tell you.... This man shouldn't be hung, no... he should have his d1ck cut off and then his arms, legs and left to complete the rest of his life in such a state.He has to feel pain for years, no quick death penatly exit.. god I'm angry and disgusted.

carbsy wrote: »
    This thread has made me feel seriously sick, SICK SICK I tell you.... This man shouldn't be hung, no... he should have his d1ck cut off and then his arms, legs and left to complete the rest of his life in such a state.He has to feel pain for years, no quick death penatly exit.. god I'm angry and disgusted.

.... and this is exactly the reason why I don't consider Ireland to be a civilised country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

.... and this is exactly the reason why I don't consider Ireland to be a civilised country.

wtf is that supposed to mean? It should be the same in ALL countries, not just Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement