Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - October 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cool , light drizzle, temp 5.6°C and dp 2.0°C, lets hope for some precip this evening!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Some light rain from the trough but nothing much. Temp 3.9C, DP 3.5C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

temp 5.4c dp 1.9c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

0.3mm recorded at station but just Partly cloudy and dry where i am 1 mile east.
    5.8C
    Dp 2.6C and continues to fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭arctictree

Heavy hail here, Temp dropping....

• Advertisement

Mostly sunny
    5.1C and falling
    Dp 2c
    Wind veered to NNW c14mph

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Temp 3.4°C DP 0.5°C, shower in the vicinity..but not making it here..so near yet so far!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

heavy hail shower.
    Temp only dropping less than a degree.

7.3c

Gusty wind in shower

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Was a light rain shower about an hour ago. Still very cold and partly cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Low of 1.9 this morning. Heavy enough frost on cars - first (that I've noticed).

• Advertisement

Bright but cold here. Temp +4.0c, Very cold for October

Edit : I can see snow on Lugnaquilla. Snow level seems to be at about 750M and just above this is covered in cloud...

Clear and sunny, the odd cloud.
    5.3C
    Dp 0.1C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Dp -1.2C
    Air temp 6.0C

Only even clouds here :pac:

arctictree wrote: »

Edit : I can see snow on Lugnaquilla. Snow level seems to be at about 750M and just above this is covered in cloud...
    Cloud gone from the top of it now and from here it looks alpine and beautifull :)

Meanwhile,I've got a sunny cold breezy 5.6c and a dp of -0.7c.

Mothman wrote: »
    Dp -1.2C
    Air temp 6.0C

Only even clouds here :pac:
    I'll send my odd one south so, just when it has finished sleetening? on me here, so you can have even more:p

Ditto Dp gone subzero -0.9C here quick enough.
    Air 5.2C

2.8c here at 15:08. What a cold day. Would be impressive in January!

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

I expect significant accumulations tomorrow over the Wicklow mountains over 300 metres!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭highdef

Temps fluctuating between 4.7 and 4.9 here. Was at 5 earlier but slowly dropping now. I'd imagine it will continue to fall as the sun is already on it's way towards the horizon. The wind really is biting out there. I'm not too well today so at home.

Down to 4.3 now!!! A bitter night to come, me thinks!!

Air temp 4.6c
    Dewpoint down to -2.5c now with the wind blowing down of that white lugnaquilla at over 20mph.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Would be impressive in January!

Same here for here, if you know what I mean!

Current temp 4.3c Today's max 5.5c

• Advertisement

Any pics of Lug? Is it snowcapped or is the snowline further down.

4.4C
    Dp -1.2C

Temp has dropped 1c in the past hour and is currently at 3.8c and continuing to fall around 0.1c every 5 - 10 mins. Skies are clearing now. Mainly clear to my north

Snowbie wrote: »

4.4C
    Dp -1.2C

Its virtually impossible for me to get a useful photo of lug at this time of day and year as from my position the sun sets right behind it.

From looking through binoculars though I can see that it is still snow covered and will probably stay like this overnight as its 1.9c here already.

Snowbie wrote: »

4.4C
    Dp -1.2C
    Snow is as artictree described ,it covers the top half of the mountain.
    I would estimate from about 1800ft to the top-looking at it's southEast face.

The last time I saw it covered in October was 2003 iirc during the great 36 hour East coast thunderfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Geesh, it's cold today.

The wind would kill a man!

3c and falling.

Interesting prospect tomorrow morning across the midlands, inland eastern areas and eastern/central Ulster.

A cold day progged by the GFS with heavy precip.

Rtavn2417.png

Looks like it could be touch and go if that precip does materialise. Meanwhile, it's down to 3.3c now near Dublin Airport

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

highdef wrote: »
    down to 3.3c now near Dublin Airport

ditto here in a very light nw wind - 1c drop in 45 minutes

Oh 3.2c now.

Its virtually impossible for me to get a useful photo of lug at this time of day and year as from my position the sun sets right behind it.

From looking through binoculars though I can see that it is still snow covered and will probably stay like this overnight as its 1.9c here already.
    Nevermind, thanks.
    Snow is as artictree described ,it covers the top half of the mountain.
    I would estimate from about 1800ft to the top-looking at it's southEast face.

The last time I saw it covered in October was 2003 iirc during the great 36 hour East coast thunderfest.
    This Thursday charts won't be all to dis-similar from that event. Might be just a tad milder though. Thunder be an extra bonus. GFS not having any of it atm though.

3.7C
    Dp -1.6C

Geesh, it's cold today.

The wind would kill a man!

3c and falling.

Interesting prospect tomorrow morning across the midlands, inland eastern areas and eastern/central Ulster.

A cold day progged by the GFS with heavy precip.

The advancing front looks like really lifting temps according to the 18z though. Pity this isn't happening at night...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

3.5C
    DP -3.1C

Neither even or odd clouds.....

IF wind drops, it'll get well sub zero.

BTW, max 8.1C, previous lowest max for Oct 9.2C back in 2000.

Advertisement