Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - October 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Currently 11.2c with some sunshine and cloud. Windy from the SW. More windy than yesterdays "storm" which delivered a paltry 11.7mm of rain compared to the 25mm->50mm forecasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nice.

Mike

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Bright and sunny. :)

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Mostly clear.

Feeling chilly enough out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

7.3C
    DP 4.3C
    Partly cloudy
    Wind WSW c10mph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭arctictree

5.0c here, wind SW.

Clear.
    6C
    Dp 3.8C
    Wind West

4.9C
    Dp 2.9C
    86% RH
    Wind west.

Temp still falling but slow. The upper air is not yet crisp and dry so this moist air left over is restricting a greater fall in temp. Should be much different in the early days of the coming week.

4.0c here. Overnight low of 3.2c. Damn wind sensor is broken now...!

Overnight low of 3.7C
    5.8C and rising.
    Wind west c5mph

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Overnight low of 3.4c here (when I say overnight that was at around 8am this morning) currently 5.3c - nice crisp morning.

Prospects of an exciting week ahead (for October)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Crisp 'n dry.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Clear, cool breeze.
    Overnight low 1.5C, grass min -3.2C
    8.2C atm, might just see double figures.

I'd say air frost tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Currently 6.4°C , was 6.9°C earlier, double figures seem unlikely today.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Cold morning, overcast in central Illinois. Temps at 2C with a high of 7C for today. First of the frost expected tonight.

Temp is struggling today, 8.7C atm but should start to fall back later in the afternoon as the first of the dry colder upper air filters down from the NW.
    Though wind has veered recently into the NW here and dewpoint has ceased rising also.
    Dp 4.1C

May have seen max already,
    8.8C and falling.
    Maxed at 9.3C, screen max 9.2C which equals lowest max in my records set back in 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Air frost tonight?

8.2c here
    West at 9-15mph
    Mostly sunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Couple of very impressive cells just passed over Dundalk in the last hour...no real rain or much else but the anvils both had extensive mammatus on their underbellies...looks like any rain from them was dropped before they crossed the cooley mountains. Only had phone with me and missed the best of it because I was driving, finally got parked up as they were passing.
    If you're anywhere in the NE region some very nice anvils dotted about the horizon too. Don't know if we'll see any fireworks...estofex has a broad area of low level activity covering most of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Impressive looking to my NW, but a succession of these showers has only delivered some light rain , temps around 9c dropping to 6c in showers.
    Edit: just had light hailstones

8214cae9ad.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Very heavy hail shower here in Navan about 20 mins ago.Geting colder too..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

During the tail end of a heavy rain shower about 15mins ago the precip turned to soft hail/ sleet. Temp also dipped to 4c (back to 6 now)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Just witnessed a heavy sleet shower in Leixlip about 10 mins ago, a couple of snow flakes in there too...

Got lashed on out in Malahide park and it was bitter in the wind. (She insisted we go for a walk, never listen)
    On a positive side, some nice single cells about the place. Nice clear air at high levels now. I'm under an anvil atm with the base to my way to the west.

7.5C
    Dp 3.7C
    Wind NNW c12mph and gusty in showers.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snowbie wrote: »
    I'm under an anvil atm

Ditto here - can see shafts of precip to my south.

Was out and about and could see lots of anvils around. Very surprised when I got back not see very little precip on the radar.

6.6c here atm. Max today 8.9c.

You can see anvils/CBa now disappearing with sun/daylight fading - http://www.sat24.com/frame.php?html=view&country=gb

Temp down to 4.4c here after a shower a while back. Could be some wintry precip here tonight if we get any showers. Lug is covered in cloud at the moment, pretty bad conditions up there I'd say...

A

Mothman wrote: »
    May have seen max already,
    8.8C and falling.
    Maxed at 9.3C, screen max 9.2C which equals lowest max in my records set back in 2000.
    Did get a little higher, AWS max 9.7C, screen max 9.5C.

Mean for day 5.5C, lowest in my records for Oct (since 1999)
    Shower to my west the one that arctictree has just mentioned. May just clip here.

Down to 5.4c now here - down 1.2c in half an hour now that the that shower has cleared off.

• Advertisement

Radiating cooling here with no shower activity to drop temp.
    Temp 6.4C
    Dp 3.1c
    Clear.

Advertisement