Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - October 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Howling wind, driving rain.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Very windy, with gusts of 53mph according to GB windmap. Interesting looking at that website, I noticed a place in scotland called Barra is reporting wind speeds of 43 - 120mph (maybe it should be kph). I don't know how accurate that is though. :p
    Marathon gas platform 53 - 63 mph with waves of 16ft. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Heavy rain
    6mm, though annamoe now 17mm
    Blustery, gusts c40mph

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Rain not really heavy here, wind drivin rain.
    2.3mm

Edit: latest radar has the rain breaking up around Dublin thanks to the Wicklow mtns
    http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Soft day, wind howling, leaves blowing everywhere and a bit of a drop of rain. 19.3mm so far
    Not a bad day all in all.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Heaviest of the rain cleared here to be replaced by a gale. Thick driving drizzle continues though. Great weather when your inside. :pac: Total rainfall 24.1mm so far since midnight.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Yeaaa - and we're back! Is it me or does boards always seem to 'disappear' during 'heavy weather'? :rolleyes:

Wind hs just started to die down here in the last few minutes after a very stormy afternoon here, winds gusting over 40mph but nice and mild!

If there is an expression I cannot abide its "soft day" esp when its tipping down and blowing a gale. Not actualy raining right now.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Had some day of it in Kerry, floods everywhere, Kenmare got nicely flooded and there is water everywhere.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Windy with light drizzle atm.

• Advertisement

A fine morning.

Mike

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Beautiful morning here - clear blue sky, light winds but chilly. 8.8c atm.

Was a nice clearish day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nice day. Max of 12.4c after an overnight low of 6.8c. No rainfall today, thank God.

Windy, wet, dark, its autumn.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Very windy atm.

The ground is a little wet but no rain to report.

Very windy here also. Moderate sideways rain also. Not a time to step outside!

Rain has started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Not a time to step outside!

Well I have to go and do the 0900GMT obs. Full wet gear going on!

Only 2.3mm rain here so far but the wind makes it horizontal, not nice at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭RoisinD

Rain to now 39.9 with winds gusting to over 60mph. Rain had eased off for a while but it looking out to sea it is gathering again for another deluge.
    Given the flooding on Thursday much more rain and we will all be needing boats to get about:D

Took the dogs out about 8.30 and enjoyed the walk. Love the windy weather when I am all wrapped up.

Wind picked up through the night, the rain is just about here.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Rain increasing in intensity here as the afternoon wears on. 27mm so far since midnight. My October totals are now just 12mm away from reaching the 200mm mark. Not sure will this be achieved before the 31st, but sure we'll keep a monitor on it anyways... :)

A comparitivly lightweight 7.4mm here so far. Looking at the IWN mesomap i see that the Quin station has registered an impressive 77 mm so far today.
    There been some pretty impressive totals there recently too, must be flooding in those parts surely?
    Does the Quin station owner post here ?

The rain never really amounted to a fat lot, the wind ebbed and flowed.

Mike

Rain has stopped and i spotted some stars.

Wasn't a huge amount of rain here today think the Wicklow mountains took any potential sting out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I am very surprised to read that I only got 7.6mm here today which breaches the 100mm mark for the month. Highest gust of wind was a pathetic 28mph which reitorates how sheltered this part of the country from the SW and S winds.
    Temperatures have been climbing from 8.9c at 3am to a current peak of 15.2c, firmly indicating that the warm sector is right overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭arctictree

Very mild here ATM. 13.0c

Will be interesting to see these temps drop over the next few days.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Danno wrote: »
    SW and S winds.
    Temperatures have been climbing from 8.9c at 3am to a current peak of 15.2c, firmly indicating that the warm sector is right overhead.
    Yup, Warm sector only overhead in the last 3 hrs, when the wind slackens veers and dirzzle are other signs. Southerly winds been advected in well before the warm front from this morning why the temp was rising.

Cold front now following quickly and temps will drop back heralding a change;)

13.8C
    Drizzle
    1010.9mb
    5.1mm rainfall.
    Wind light west now backing into SW ahead of the cold front.

• Advertisement

Nice morning with some big white fluffy clouds hanging around.

Advertisement