Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you Come by YOUR team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Colts my favourite team since they lost the Superbowl a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

Bateman wrote: »
    Colts my favourite team since they lost the Superbowl a few years ago

I started supporting the Patriots after SBXLII. I was just so impressed with Brady despite the pressure he was under the entire game. May not have ended up supporting them if they had won though, since then it would be like supporting Man Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kinnikinnik5

Nice to see how you all find the teams you love. I was born in Denver and my Dad took me to see the games when I was a kid. Married an Irish woman so here I am posting on Boards wondering what games will be blacked out this year and should I invest in SKY or go down to the Woolshed (luckily they said they are only going to blackout the game for 24 hours). Hurling and Rugby are my favorite sports over here. Be nice to see Galway win it this year. I'll shut my trap now. Go Broncos!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I've been a Patriots fan since the early Eighties but I was also a big Joe Montana fan, so I used to keep an eye on the 49ers. But after the painful loss to the Bears in the 1985 SB, I became a Pats fan all the way. I always wished we had a player like Montana playing for the Pats and then Brady came along. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭flanno_7hi

Used to follow the steelers for no better reason than I liked the name and always picked them in madden. Really started to get into the nfl at the end of the 90s and when the Texans were introduced I decided that i would follow them. Be there from the start. Found battleredblog and really liked the guys there and have been following them ever since.

Houston Texans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Pittsburg Steelers,
    I went to secondary school in Galway and befriended a New Yorker in my year who for some strange reason was a Steelers fan. Probably because they were a class team in the 70s. So I suppose I got lucky. Some legendary players went through that team. Terry Bradshaw (before my time) is a legend of the game, But my favourite player has to be WR Hines Ward.
    Other favourites are coach bill Cowher and safety Troy Polamalu.
    Actress Rooney Mara is great-granddaughter of Art Rooney (Steelers founder) and Tim Mara ( NY Giants founder)

From the Packers thread...
    DaveyCakes wrote: »
    AFC - EAST

Buffalo Bills
    themont85

Miami Dolphins
    Icepickle, Miami 365, raddo, Benimar, sammo13

New England Patriots
    tallaghtoutlaws, Hazys, Utd4Ever, Mr. Guappa, eagle eye, Reacher Creature, Pat the Patriot, f1dan, de5pOi1er, bruschi, Toulousain, Archimedes, Iang87, Benedict XVI, Fox1978, mars_bar, baz2009, Whippersnapper, me89, kryogen, copper23, danieljm, PatrickL, plonk, brav, unknown13 Patriotsfan

New York Jets
    SeekUp, LuckyLloyd, Zaph, Running Bing, Shoveller, candlegirl, Kimano-girl, freeoscar, JohnnyRyan99, Mr Presentable, dfx-

AFC - NORTH

Cleveland Browns
    bacon bites, Silver-Tiger, revz

Cincinnatti Bengals
    deisedude, rich1874, DaveyCakes

Pittsburgh Steelers
    The Munky, The Sparrow, mdwexford, figs86, steelcityblues, cactus mac88, tang1, Izy, astonvanilla, neilthefunkeone

Baltimore Ravens
    mikemac, Stab City, columok, Ravage 1616, Reganio 2, matthew8, Pudsy33

AFC - SOUTH

Indianapolis Colts
    Chanandler Bong, Dr. Slurm, davyjose, brennaldo, Jopari87, MickShamrock, McG, ak27, shiroki, That_Guy, rismak7, Silver Clown

Tennessee Titans
    Dohnny Jepp, Eire-Dearg

Houston Texans
    Andre80Johnson, Conor108

Jacksonville Jaguars
    Kev_s88, GBX, Liam O, Mickeyt086, metaoblivia, menu14

AFC - WEST

San Diego Chargers
    Leslie 91, donmeister, RuggieBear, Clawfield, Pauleta, BrenoBolt91, landsleaving, Firehen, OAOB

Denver Broncos
    UhOh, yerayeah, poldebruin, Tribesmen7, spiralism, Morrisseeee, Pappa Dolla, Farranreeboy

Oakland Raiders
    Max Power1, heyjude, Prefabsprouter, Titan#1, Frisbee, Chucky the Tree, TheHeadhunter, randomchild, rhonin, ankles

Kansas City Chiefs
    Xavi6, conor222

NFC - EAST

New York Giants
    Hynzie, boccy23, KrustyUCC, JJ, Third Echelon, golfnuts, Keno 92, ari gold24, Le King, The Showstopper

Dallas Cowboys
    Het-Field, Lirange, The Cool One, Neilster, smck99

Philadelphia Eagles
    yupyup7up, titan18, Its so Easy, bobo the clown, pyjamarama, dardelve, D3PO, Kaisergunnar, Jimmy Iovine, bamboozling, johnmcdnl, El Carlito

Washington Redskins
    Cruiserweight, UALacrosse, djimi, shamrock55

NFC - NORTH

Green Bay Packers
    Paddy C, skeleton_boy, Pherekydes, Conor74, spank inferno, cooker3, me-skywalker, christopher, cheesehead, WakeyTyke, COSATRON, PVFC4LIFE, unitedirishman, Trident1066, los cules

Detroit Lions
    faulk28, MC_G, Raoul, Lionbacker

Minnesota Vikings
    Vikings, Hulk Hands

Chicago Bears
    Bobby Wade, Oatesy23, Spongey 1975, Jimdagym, dl, purcela, davetherave

NFC - SOUTH

Atlanta Falcons
    Ryaner

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    johnnycnandy , Naos, DDC1990, Wompa1, jester1980, vinny chase

New Orleans Saints
    Dodge, kevin11, jamsieboy86, Nemanja91

Carolina Panthers
    malachyscott

NFC - WEST

Seattle Seahawks
    Royal Seahawk, Neil 3030, cambridge7, giddyup, NTMK, helimachoptor

San Francisco 49ers
    Sea Devils, Lothaar, supremenovice, Codofwar, VinylJunkie, 49ers fan, BastardPrince, lucyfer09

Arizona Cardinals
    dougal, ondarack, frankmagnet, thebiggestjim, Adam

St. Louis Rams
    Karluss, fiacc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

Was brought to an eagles Game (one of the first in the linc) by my cousin watched them trounce the boys they've been my team since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 danthedolphin

Started following the Dolphins mainly because of the great Dan Marino and I've been suffering ever since.

I like the colour purple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Ravens fan due to a combo that is rooted in their all action defensive style. Was picking a team to do franchise mode in Madden, had interest in 4 teams at that point but chose Ravens for reed and lewis mainly. This was a few years ago and been following them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

AFC - WEST

San Diego Chargers
    Leslie 91, donmeister, RuggieBear, Clawfield, Pauleta, BrenoBolt91, landsleaving, Firehen, OAOB, Rochey18, Molly, Shane.C

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sword of Gondor

Niners fan because my parents lived in SF for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭redmond08

Panthers fan ever since Super Bowl 38, I was 15 at the time. Still believe if Kasey hadn't of kick the ball out of bounds during the kick off we would of won. Can't explain why I picked them but I just remember watching Steve Smith play during that game and thinking he is some WR. The guy is a beast and constantly plays with a chip on his shoulder. I think this year we could shock a few people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Vikings fan, spent a year in Minneapolis in 1996-1997, followed them ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

AZ Cardinals fan here.

I've relatives over in Arizona so it was really the only team I could properly connect myself with. Of course, I was over the moon when the Cardinals went 4-0 at the start of last of season but then the rest of the season just put me in total despair! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Glory hunter (but I was only 10).

I, like a lot of people here I'd imagine, got into the NFL around the time of the Bears/Patriots Superbowl and the Redskins were a playoff team or close to being one most years around then and had been to a couple of Superbowls a few seasons before so they must have been featured a lot on C4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Only got into NFL a few years ago, was a Bulls fan for much longer (Jordan days). Wasn't necessarily going to be a Bears fan, but I liked the gear, liked the stadium, already had a bit of affinity for the city. Wasn't actually the team that much, cos they weren't great, more the stuff related to the franchise and the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Casual Giants fan since 07 and fanatic since 2011. Hadn't a clue about the game really until a few of the lads in school who were big Patriot fans started going on about their unbeaten season and how they were going to steamroll the playoffs and Super Bowl.

I asked them who were the underdogs, the said Giants and I bet them a fiver each that Giants would win it. Easy money :pac:

Watched them on and off for a few years without really ever going about getting a decent knowledge of the game. Midway through the 2011 season is when I started really watching it properly and reading up on it. Have barely missed a game since and have become exceptionally hooked on the sport in the last 12 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Royaler95

Im mad for Meath gaa so i always liked the Packers because they're green and yellow :P

Supported them since madden 11 came out too , when they just so happened to win the SB that year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

Falcons fan since Madden 04. Vick and Warrick Dunn on offense were just too fast. Keith Brooking on defense I think too. Still follow them to this day after some great regular seasons and was devastated to lose to the 49ers after blowing a lead and making it back up the field and almost getting the TD. 2 more years with Gonzalez gives us chances to finally get a superbowl. Don't get that good receivers that often

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Lena137

I'd seen a few minutes of games here and there on Channel4 late at night for years before. The first game I watched properly was Ravens against Steelers. I always seem to support the under dog team. Baltimore lost the game with the steelers going to the Superbowl. I decided watching that game that I liked American football and wanted to follow it. Baltimore had lost and also wore purple which made the Ravens my team : )

AFC - EAST

Buffalo Bills
    themont85

Miami Dolphins
    Icepickle, Miami 365, raddo, Benimar, sammo13, danthedolphin

New England Patriots
    tallaghtoutlaws, Hazys, Utd4Ever, Mr. Guappa, eagle eye, Reacher Creature, Pat the Patriot, f1dan, de5pOi1er, bruschi, Toulousain, Archimedes, Iang87, Benedict XVI, Fox1978, mars_bar, baz2009, Whippersnapper, me89, kryogen, copper23, danieljm, PatrickL, plonk, brav, unknown13 Patriotsfan, Corvus Maximus, CJC86

New York Jets
    SeekUp, LuckyLloyd, Zaph, Running Bing, Shoveller, candlegirl, Kimano-girl, freeoscar, JohnnyRyan99, Mr Presentable, dfx-

AFC - NORTH

Cleveland Browns

Cincinnatti Bengals
    deisedude, rich1874, DaveyCakes

Pittsburgh Steelers
    The Munky, The Sparrow, mdwexford, figs86, steelcityblues, cactus mac88, tang1, Izy, astonvanilla, neilthefunkeone, ShaunC

Baltimore Ravens
    mikemac, Stab City, columok, Ravage 1616, Reganio 2, matthew8, Pudsy33, Lena137, Donnielighto

AFC - SOUTH

Indianapolis Colts
    Chanandler Bong, Dr. Slurm, davyjose, brennaldo, Jopari87, MickShamrock, McG, ak27, shiroki, That_Guy, rismak7, Silver Clown

Tennessee Titans
    Dohnny Jepp, Eire-Dearg

Houston Texans
    Andre80Johnson, Conor108, flanno_7hi

Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC - WEST

San Diego Chargers
    Leslie 91, donmeister, RuggieBear, Clawfield, Pauleta, BrenoBolt91, landsleaving, Firehen, OAOB, Rochey18, Molly, Shane.C

Denver Broncos
    UhOh, yerayeah, poldebruin, Tribesmen7, spiralism, Morrisseeee, Pappa Dolla, Farranreeboy, kinnikinnik5

Oakland Raiders
    Max Power1, heyjude, Prefabsprouter, Titan#1, Frisbee, Chucky the Tree, TheHeadhunter, randomchild, rhonin, ankles

Kansas City Chiefs
    Xavi6, conor222

NFC - EAST

New York Giants
    Hynzie, boccy23, KrustyUCC, JJ, Third Echelon, golfnuts, Keno 92, ari gold24, Le King, The Showstopper, Knex.

Dallas Cowboys

Philadelphia Eagles
    yupyup7up, titan18, Its so Easy, bobo the clown, pyjamarama, dardelve, D3PO, Kaisergunnar, Jimmy Iovine, bamboozling, johnmcdnl, El Carlito, nerd69

Washington Redskins

NFC - NORTH

Green Bay Packers
    Paddy C, skeleton_boy, Pherekydes, Conor74, spank inferno, cooker3, me-skywalker, christopher, cheesehead, WakeyTyke, COSATRON, PVFC4LIFE, unitedirishman, Royaler95

Detroit Lions

Minnesota Vikings
    Vikings, Hulk Hands, I am pie, Deleted User

Chicago Bears
    Bobby Wade, Oatesy23, Spongey 1975, Jimdagym, dl, purcela, davetherave, padraig_f

NFC - SOUTH

Atlanta Falcons
    Ryaner, SimmerDean

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

New Orleans Saints

Carolina Panthers
    malachyscott, redmond08

NFC - WEST

Seattle Seahawks

San Francisco 49ers
    Sea Devils, Lothaar, supremenovice, Codofwar, VinylJunkie, 49ers fan, BastardPrince, lucyfer09, Sword of Gondor

Arizona Cardinals
    dougal, ondarack, frankmagnet, thebiggestjim, Adam, kingcobra

St. Louis Rams
    Karluss, fiacc

^ ^ ^
    I assume the users in bold there are fans that have been overlooked, so here's a few more to add to the list...

AFC - EAST

Buffalo Bills
    themont85

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots
    tallaghtoutlaws, Hazys, Utd4Ever, Mr. Guappa, eagle eye, Reacher Creature, Pat the Patriot, f1dan, de5pOi1er, bruschi, Toulousain, Archimedes, Iang87, Benedict XVI, Fox1978, mars_bar, baz2009, Whippersnapper, me89, kryogen, copper23, danieljm, PatrickL, plonk, brav, unknown13 Patriotsfan, Corvus Maximus, CJC86. TO., gronkastic

New York Jets

AFC - NORTH

Cleveland Browns

Cincinnatti Bengals
    deisedude, rich1874,DaveyCakes

Pittsburgh Steelers
    The Munky, The Sparrow, mdwexford, figs86, steelcityblues, cactus mac88, tang1, Izy, astonvanilla, neilthefunkeone, ShaunC

Baltimore Ravens
    mikemac, Stab City, columok, Ravage 1616, Reganio 2, matthew8, Pudsy33, Lena137, Donnielighto

AFC - SOUTH

Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee Titans
    Dohnny Jepp, Eire-Dearg

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC - WEST

San Diego Chargers

Denver Broncos
    UhOh, yerayeah, poldebruin, Tribesmen7, spiralism, Morrisseeee, Pappa Dolla, Farranreeboy,kinnikinnik5, Jolly Red Giant.

Oakland Raiders

Kansas City Chiefs
    Xavi6, conor222

NFC - EAST

New York Giants
    Hynzie, boccy23, KrustyUCC, JJ, Third Echelon, golfnuts, Keno 92, ari gold24, Le King, The Showstopper, Knex.

Dallas Cowboys

Philadelphia Eagles
    yupyup7up, titan18, Its so Easy, bobo the clown, pyjamarama, dardelve, D3PO, Kaisergunnar, Jimmy Iovine, bamboozling, johnmcdnl, El Carlito, nerd69

Washington Redskins

NFC - NORTH

Green Bay Packers
    Paddy C, skeleton_boy, Pherekydes, Conor74, spank inferno, cooker3, me-skywalker, christopher, cheesehead, WakeyTyke, COSATRON, PVFC4LIFE, unitedirishman, Royaler95

Detroit Lions

Minnesota Vikings
    Vikings, Hulk Hands,I am pie, Hello 2D Person Below

Chicago Bears
    Bobby Wade, Oatesy23, Spongey 1975, Jimdagym, dl, purcela, davetherave, padraig_f

NFC - SOUTH

Atlanta Falcons
    Ryaner, SimmerDean

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

New Orleans Saints

Carolina Panthers
    malachyscott,redmond08

NFC - WEST

Seattle Seahawks

San Francisco 49ers
    Sea Devils, Lothaar, supremenovice, Codofwar, VinylJunkie, 49ers fan, BastardPrince, lucyfer09, Sword of Gondor, Mongoman

Arizona Cardinals

St. Louis Rams
    Karluss, fiacc

^ ^ ^
    I assume the users in bold there are fans that have been overlooked, so here's a few more to add to the list...

Yeah I thought it a good idea to update the list that somebody else started. Feel free to add names you note are missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Why somany patriots fans is it a boston thing or bandwagon thing , tbo im suprised how few giants, cowboys or redskins fans there are how are the eagles the most supported team in nfc east :confused: why so many jets and so few dolphines and 1 bills fan:eek: i also thought the bears and saints would be more popular interesting to see why people choose their team though wouldnt it be boring if we all followed the same team unless your a pats fan:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Played Madden for few years (loved Jake Plummer) before starting to watch live games. Became a Giants fan because of the pass from Eli to Tyree (band wagoner if you want) and have been hooked ever since. Go Giants :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

^ ^ ^

AFC - EAST

Buffalo Bills
    themont85

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots
    tallaghtoutlaws, Hazys, Utd4Ever, Mr. Guappa, eagle eye, Reacher Creature, Pat the Patriot, f1dan, de5pOi1er, bruschi, Toulousain, Archimedes, Iang87, Benedict XVI, Fox1978, mars_bar, baz2009, Whippersnapper, me89, kryogen, copper23, danieljm, PatrickL, plonk, brav, unknown13 Patriotsfan, Corvus Maximus, CJC86. TO., gronkastic

New York Jets

AFC - NORTH

Cleveland Browns

Cincinnatti Bengals
    deisedude, rich1874,DaveyCakes

Pittsburgh Steelers

Baltimore Ravens

AFC - SOUTH

Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee Titans
    Dohnny Jepp, Eire-Dearg

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC - WEST

San Diego Chargers

Denver Broncos
    UhOh, yerayeah, poldebruin, Tribesmen7, spiralism, Morrisseeee, Pappa Dolla, Farranreeboy,kinnikinnik5,Jolly Red Giant.

Oakland Raiders

Kansas City Chiefs
    Xavi6, conor222

NFC - EAST

New York Giants

Dallas Cowboys

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Redskins
    Cruiserweight, UALacrosse, djimi, shamrock55, Jack Presley

NFC - NORTH

Green Bay Packers

Detroit Lions

Minnesota Vikings
    Vikings, Hulk Hands,I am pie, Hello 2D Person Below

Chicago Bears

NFC - SOUTH

Atlanta Falcons
    Ryaner, SimmerDean

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

New Orleans Saints

Carolina Panthers
    malachyscott,redmond08

NFC - WEST

Seattle Seahawks

San Francisco 49ers
    Sea Devils, Lothaar, supremenovice, Codofwar, VinylJunkie, 49ers fan, BastardPrince, lucyfer09, Sword of Gondor, Mongoman

Arizona Cardinals

St. Louis Rams
    Karluss, fiacc

Just added my name to the list.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Why somany patriots fans is it a boston thing or bandwagon thing

Nope, it's an Irish thing. Boston is the Irish capital of America. Many of us have family & work ties there ect. And if you read most of the Pats fans posts in this thread, you would see most of us were fans, long, long before sustained success ever came. Since 1983 in my case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 longhorn2013

First time posting here...spent a summer in Boston and have relations in Philly so kinda torn between pats and the eagles! Going to stick with eagles from now on tho!!

Advertisement