Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musician Inc closing down?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

you're gonna see a couple of familiar faces there too...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My sweet lord, i can not wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

Hiya all

Mick from XMusic here. Great to see the support that were getting here on the forum.

Just to let you all know that we will be having our proper opening weekend on the Sat/Sun 11th and 12th of October.

We'll also be having a Free Drum Clinic featuring Mike Terrana on Wed 8th for those of you who want a sneek peek at our new set up. Email me at info@xmusic.ie for tickets

Anyway If you have any questions post them here and I'll try to answer them for ya.

Cheers

Mick

Will the shop be open before the propper opening, as you put it?
    Idk, may sound stupid, but some places like to have a sort of "grand opening" thing after people have seen it and that.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Will the shop be open before the propper opening, as you put it?
    Idk, may sound stupid, but some places like to have a sort of "grand opening" thing after people have seen it and that.

Well the drum clinic on the 8th will be the first time were having the public into it.
    Then the night after were having a private launch party (so we can all get drunk and enjoy our hard work :) ) and the official public launch will be on that weekend the 11th & 12th.

So I guess the short answer is no it won't be open until next weekend.

But if your heading to the Music Show in the RDS this weekend, we'll see you all there.

• Advertisement

Haha, cool.
    See you at the music show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I turn 21 on Sunday the 12th. I think this is destiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sean_odaly

Smiler wrote: »

If you have any questions post them here and I'll try to answer them for ya.

Cheers

Mick

I have a question! I can't find the new shop's address, can you post it here please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Unit 1 and 2 in the Red Cow Retail Centre, its just off the Long Mile Rd think its about 5 minute walk from the LUAS. Ill post a map for ya if I can.

EDIT: Here is a link to a map. http://www.daft.ie/largemap.daft?large_map=1&show_type=commercial&show_state=active&id=25624&rc_ad=

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

its right behind the red cow, theres a big luas station thing just after the redcow and theres a big hotel there too, its easy enough to find, 15 mins from my house drive, so its handy andy, saved me goin into town to get shizzle now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Anyway If you have any questions post them here and I'll try to answer them for ya.

I'm curious about what kinda amps you'll be stocking? Any Engl or Orange amps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

How well will you be catering for the lefthanded among us ? It would be nice to have somewhere to try out decent lefty guitars.

Was talking to one of the lads yesterday, and what they said when i asked what they were stocking, he just said, "everything".
    Catering for low end and high end, and getting in stuff that no one else has kinda thing.

Cant wait to have a ramble around, looking at everything.
    Also, they said they have been thinking of making the door way into a giant DS1, this may have been a joke, but if it wasnt... AMAZING! hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

I asked one of the guys how 'super' the Fender superstore is, he said that they are basically going to stock every guitar Fender make. He also said that it is going to be good for the Left-handed variety. Basically if they dont already have it, it can be in at short notice...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,070 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

What about Fender basses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Well my guess would be that they would stock the full range of Amercian Instruments, including the basses. Not that many models anyway. My thoughts on buying stuff generally would be, if I could get it in Ireland I would pay 10% more than thomann just for the convenience and for the ease of using the warranty. It would be great if we could finally buy stuff here, I hate shopping online.. No credit card...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭fitz

If only they'd stock Jap Fenders...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

So... how much is the boards.ie discount anyway ? ;)

Loadsa questions eh?

Sorry for my late reply, between the music show this weekend and a ton of stock arriving at our doors this morning I've hardly even had time to eat.

Anyway

Sean, I hope the lads have answered your question about the location.

Pyure, Were going to try to stock 5-10% of our stock as left handed. Since 7-10% of the population are lefties - this makes sense.

Karl Hungus, were going to stock amps from as many manufacturers as we can. And we will probably work Engl and Orange in eventually. At the start we will stock Fender, Peavey, Marshall, Blackstar, HiWatt, Laney, Vox, Mesa Boogie and a few others my dulled brain can't remember at the mo. (I'm the web guy, not the guitar guy:))

As for a Boardsie discount we have to see :D. At the mo were going to be bringing out a loyalty card scheme called the XCard. Basically if you spend over a certain amount on gear you automatically get a discount on every future purchase. These cards will have 3 levels. These levels haven't been set yet but we'll let ya know as soon as they are.

The whole idea behind this is that were trying to bring out a store which is 100% Irish owned and keep prices at such a competitive level that people won't need to use "other" websites (you know who I mean....)

Were also going to try to keep a good balance between being a music superstore and the same level of personal service that we tried to give in Musician Inc over that last 20 years. We'll still be doing set ups, repairs, mods and all that good stuff. You'll see some familiar faces in here as well.

We'll still have the newly refurbished shop in town on Drury St for all your strings, sticks and other perishables and we'll also have jeeps bringing stock to that shop on request. So if you get in early enough we can even have the stock in that day for you. If not - the next day for sure.

This is a pretty exciting venture for all of us and were all really delighted to be doing it, and we're looking forward to giving Ireland it's first music superstore.

Also were giving 1% of our yearly earnings to charity.

Here's hoping to see yis all at the official launch this Sat & Sun - it should be good fun.

Cheers

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

great post mick.

i will try and make it out to the opening of this with camera in hand there's nothing like a shot of endless guitars on the walls :D

i'll also make a couple of purchases too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I might try pop out there on Sunday, failing that I'll definitely be out the weekend after...

Sounds like it's gonna be great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Darkstrike

I have a question, as a Fender dealer, will you be able to get any current US model, if asked, and with any of the options that are listed on Fender's site?

Ok, two, if this is indeed possible, would there be a long wait time for the order to reach you?

Yep. We'll have access to all Fender models and options.

As time goes on our list of stock will grow and Fender have promised us a delivery time of a week on all guitars. Fender and the other distributers have really goten behind us on this move.

So it's looking good. Pop in and have a chat with us sure.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Do you have any numbers of delivery costs for guitars?

Yep. We'll have access to all Fender models and options.

As time goes on our list of stock will grow and Fender have promised us a delivery time of a week on all guitars. Fender and the other distributers have really goten behind us on this move.

So it's looking good. Pop in and have a chat with us sure.
    Utterly fantastic!

I'll be up as soon as I can to have a talk/give you all my money!:D

I do believe freebies were mentioned on the radio ad...

free stuff?

/raises eyebrow

Free stuff?!?!?!?!?

/raises almost everything

Darkstrike wrote: »
    Free stuff?!?!?!?!?

/raises almost everything

:eek:

• Advertisement

I'll see you and raise you ... sorry, wrong forum

Yeah, this is third hand information but apparently that's what the radio said.

Advertisement