Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musician Inc closing down?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Darkstrike wrote: »
    +1, I spend most of my time talking gear anyway, why not get paid for it.:D

Thats the dream :pac:

someday tho. I have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Septico

John wrote: »
    Are you thinking of Musician, Inc. or Musicmaker? Musician, Inc. have never been anything less than helpful gents in all the time I've gone to them.

Good god ..i apologise .oops.

Music maker.. me no like!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sobrien

Hi folks, just found this thread. I'm Steve from Musician Inc and I'll clear it all up for you. After 20 years of trading, we're expanding the store. 27 Drury St will be sold and number 26 will reopen as X-Music. We will also have a 23,000 square ft super store out at the Redcow. Fear not, it's only about 20 mins out of town on the Luas and extremely handy if on the M50 (we also have plenty of free parking). We will have a comprehensive Drum department, studio room, stage for gear demos/instore gigs, a coffee area so your folks don't go crazy while you play and Ireland's first 'Planet Roland'. The guitar floor will be somewhere in the region of 10,000 square ft and will give us the space to stock a better range of the good stuff. There will also be a web site to match: www.x-music.ie All prices will be the same, in store and on the web. Our current launch date is the 3rd and 4th of October to coincide with the Music Show in the RDS. In the meantime,all of us here at Musician Inc would like to thank you all for your support over the last 20 years and look forward to seeing you in the biggest music shop in Ireland and the UK.

Stephen O'Brien
    Sales Manager
    Musician Inc/X Music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

sobrien wrote: »
    Hi folks, just found this thread. I'm Steve from Musician Inc and I'll clear it all up for you. After 20 years of trading, we're expanding the store. 27 Drury St will be sold and number 26 will reopen as X-Music. We will also have a 23,000 square ft super store out at the Redcow. Fear not, it's only about 20 mins out of town on the Luas and extremely handy if on the M50 (we also have plenty of free parking). We will have a comprehensive Drum department, studio room, stage for gear demos/instore gigs, a coffee area so your folks don't go crazy while you play and Ireland's first 'Planet Roland'. The guitar floor will be somewhere in the region of 10,000 square ft and will give us the space to stock a better range of the good stuff. There will also be a web site to match: www.x-music.ie All prices will be the same, in store and on the web. Our current launch date is the 3rd and 4th of October to coincide with the Music Show in the RDS. In the meantime,all of us here at Musician Inc would like to thank you all for your support over the last 20 years and look forward to seeing you in the biggest music shop in Ireland and the UK.

Stephen O'Brien
    Sales Manager
    Musician Inc/X Music

Wow, this sounds great! The coffee area idea reminds me of a store I went to in Munich (Just Music/Music Shop). I thought that was great, and so big. The whole store was 10,000sqm! 23,000sqm is unreal for Ireland! :eek:

I can't wait to check the new shop out. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Looking forward to having a wander around the new store :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,070 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Dord wrote: »
    Wow, this sounds great! The coffee area idea reminds me of a store I went to in Munich (Just Music/Music Shop). I thought that was great, and so big. The whole store was 10,000sqm! 23,000sqm is unreal for Ireland! :eek:

I can't wait to check the new shop out. :cool:

He said feet, not metres unfortunately. The bigger the better!

Definitely sounds like some of the bigger stores I've been in, in Germany. Can't wait to see it. Hopefully it'll be able to match the German prices as close as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Sounds cool.
    Discount for boardsies??? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Darkstrike

Sound's damn'd cool, might have to make the trip up for the opening.

He said feet, not metres unfortunately. The bigger the better!

Definitely sounds like some of the bigger stores I've been in, in Germany. Can't wait to see it. Hopefully it'll be able to match the German prices as close as possible.

Oops, my bad. Even still thats big! :cool:

But yeah, we need a boardsie discount! :p

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Sounds cool.
    Discount for boardsies??? ;)
    But yeah, we need a boardsie discount! :p

Oh hell yeah, that'd be cool!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

23000 sq feet is about 2100 sq meters. Still big enough to get lost in :) and it being out at the Red Cow may have the added benefit that it won't be swamped by mini-metalers on Saturdays? and its only about 5 minutes on the Luas for me :)

Stephen that sounds really great - best of luck and I can't wait to see the new super store.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

sounds cool, looking forward to wandering out when it opens.
    hopefully with all that space they'll be able to stock a few decent left handed guitars *crosses fingers*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Sounds good. If its good, I might forgive them for keeping the Satriani signing super-secret :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this is great news, if there was one shop in dublin i'd never like to see shut down it would be musician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I'm happy as long as there's still the store in Drury St, I'm happy! It's the business.

Red Cow's a bit far out but hell, that's alot of music store!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Looking forward to having a look around when the new shop opens, good luck with it !

• Registered Users Posts: 33 cullend2

this should be good!!
    sent them a CV, but according to their ad on recruitireland.com interviews were in august. oh well!
    either way, this shop should be great! i just hope they dont stock it with cheap bulk gear

cullend2 wrote: »
    this should be good!!
    sent them a CV, but according to their ad on recruitireland.com interviews were in august. oh well!
    either way, this shop should be great! i just hope they dont stock it with cheap bulk gear

cheap bulk gear? :confused:

There's a place in guitar stores for guitars at different pricepoints. Not everyone has €2,000 to spend on a guitar.

cheap bulk gear? :confused:

There's a place in guitar stores for guitars at different pricepoints. Not everyone has €2,000 to spend on a guitar.
    +1, if they're a really good shop they'll have a decent amount of guitars(espically basses:D) at every pricepoint(or as much as is viable).
    And even more, to have good cheap instruments.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 cullend2

sorry, didnt word that very well, i meant i hope they dont stock it with nothing but rows upon rows of cheap gear. apologies.

• Advertisement

cullend2 wrote: »
    sorry, didnt word that very well, i meant i hope they dont stock it with nothing but rows upon rows of cheap gear. apologies.

Right, you can hope for that. I hope that you don't get a job there. Ain't nothin wrong with cheaper guitars. Ok, some very low end stuff might not be great but a lot of cheaper guitars are very playable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I hope that you don't get a job there.
    :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

I've always liked the Musician Inc'ers - so much so that I just bought a Fender Jaguar there after trying several all over the UK and Ireland. The one in their shop was the best one that I tried - so they got my custom. I have no regrets on this purchase. Plus they are professional and they know what's up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Right, you can hope for that. I hope that you don't get a job there. Ain't nothin wrong with cheaper guitars. Ok, some very low end stuff might not be great but a lot of cheaper guitars are very playable.

Wha?

I dont think anyone wants a guitar shop stocked with squier and sx? Not that there is anything wrong with the cheaper end but surely we are all sick of the shops that only cater for low end gear no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Septico wrote: »
    I am not surprised they are closing down.. they have done nothing but over price their stock and rip people off for the last 10 or whatever years.

Staff always had a snobby approach to people in there too.

Plenty of better shops around the city. RANT OVER

thats funny because I've actually found them to be the complete opposite and friendliest of all the shops. In fact I can't even remember the last time I went in there and paid for a plec (and I dont mean I stole em :) )

Suppose different strokes for different folks and all that

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

Ha! I guess Septico has never been to Denmark Street.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭Rigsby

sei046 wrote: »
    Wha?

I dont think anyone wants a guitar shop stocked with squier and sx? Not that there is anything wrong with the cheaper end but surely we are all sick of the shops that only cater for low end gear no?

+1. Waltons among a lot of others, more than cater for the low end gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

X-Music has sent the Irish instrument shop industry into a spin, its very exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

This sounds pretty sweet :) looking forward to seeing the new shop. The guys have always been well sound any time I've popped in so glad they'll still have a shop open in town too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Good luck to them, it would be nice to have a shop in this country that accepts things are different to 10 years ago and is looking to adapt to the change. It may be the key to their survival.

Advertisement