Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musician Inc closing down?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I wasn't overwhelmed with the amount of stock to be honest.

I couldn't find the prices on anything which sort of annoyed me.

I found a pube in my hotdog (although I blame myself for taking free fast food).

Although its a nice to have a good music store within a 5 minutes drive of my house. No more treks into town for strings, leads, pedals, picks, amps or guitars etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

feylya wrote: »
    Went back out there again today. Still not a huge amount of stock on the floor. They are still waiting for loads to land in. Chatting to one of the lads there (who I think I know from Boards) who actually knew his **** which is cool. People were trying out the Mesa's with a Les Paul going through it which surprised me. And even better, they had a computer in the recording section with Thomann on it for price comparisons. Much more impressed now, I must say.

I was in the room with the dude in the Dublin jersey playing the Gibson through the Mesa LSS. Didn't see you there, but then again I don't know what you look like so you could have been standing right beside me. ;)

How come other people can always make your gear sound much better :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Long hair, Melvins t-shirt looking at the Blackstar amps or whatever they're called. Yup, right beside you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I had a great time at the shop today, had so much free food and drink! hahaha

Most of my time in the shop was spent play a Ibanez SV5470A Prestige through a mesa/boogie maverick rectifier.

Ment to be looking into getting ENGL and Orange stocked aswell, cant wait.

Good day for me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

CianRyan wrote: »
    I had a great time at the shop today, had so much free food and drink! hahaha

Most of my time in the shop was spent play a Ibanez SV5470A Prestige through a mesa/boogie maverick rectifier.

Ment to be looking into getting ENGL and Orange stocked aswell, cant wait.

Good day for me. :)

And proximity to the Harley store makes it all the more so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

Spent a good 2 hours there moseying around. Really enjoyed it. Prices looked reasonably competitive. An epi standard was 399 where you would pay 440 in town or 425 on Thomann. It was annoying though that they didn't have prices marked on anything.

Thought they had a really good collection of fenders compared to other shops in Dublin.They could really do with some isolation booths though.

nordstrom wrote: »
    They could really do with some isolation booths though.

The noise in the amp room was rediculessly loud.

People didnt get that if we all played low then we could all hear our own amps.
    A load of people playing diferent songs on 50watt+ tube amps, which were all steadly getting louder, was a bit mad.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Great to see such a large scale outfit in Ireland - Acoustic room was cool, lots of top drawer stuff, Taylor, Martin, Collings, Lowden..........). Particularly nice was the quiet room which was off the acoustic room itself - great to be able to play and hear clearly in total isolation from the guys enjoying the amplfied stuff or the drummers downstairs or the band playing.

Had a very interesting chat with Gerry Forde, one of the guys behind the set up, impressed by the attitude and friendliness. If that's the "corporate culture" behind the shop I'd say they'll have no problem getting customers and keeping them.

Excellent range all throughout, prices on things would have been helpful, but I dare say in a week or so things will improve as they come up to full speed.

Ritz.

Did you try the Craftine acoustics? Really nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I was gonna go out there today but I'm a lazy git and I woke up late. :pac:
    I might head over tomorrow to check it out. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

Hiya guys

Thanks for all the nice comments glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Prices will all be up for next weekend. We promise :D

We were literaly running around like lunatics all week trying to get the place sorted for today. It was just a empty shell on Monday, so we were pretty happy with how it looked.

XMusic.ie will be up ASAP, well as soon as I get our 15,000 items of stock into the database :eek:

And no you can't buy the giant Boss pedals. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

feylya wrote: »
    Did you try the Craftine acoustics? Really nice!

Yes I did but the lad in the room said we are talking 5k for them. Absolutly beautiful acoustics but 5K :eek:
    Smiler wrote: »
    Dam :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Darkstrike

Stop that, stop it now!:mad:

Common sense isn't allowed in the music world.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Dord wrote: »
    I was gonna go out there today but I'm a lazy git and I woke up late. :pac:. :)

How R n R are you? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sean_odaly

The noise in the amp room was rediculessly loud.

A load of people playing diferent songs on 50watt+ tube amps, which were all steadly getting louder, was a bit mad.

I thought that it was great fun! :D

But probably not so much if you are really planning to buy the guitar!

haha

Awww... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

nipplenuts wrote: »
    How R n R are you? :pac:

Very RnR... I sleep til 5pm. :D

sean_odaly wrote: »
    I thought that it was great fun! :D

But probably not so much if you are really planning to buy the guitar!

haha
    Darkstrike wrote: »
    Stop that, stop it now!:mad:

Common sense isn't allowed in the music world.:D

You to are mad i tell ya!!

Ah it was pretty fun though, And i got to get a better listen to that maverick (what an amp) while every one was leaving! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,070 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Does anybody know if they take trades?

Quattroste wrote: »
    Yes I did but the lad in the room said we are talking 5k for them. Absolutly beautiful acoustics but 5K :eek:

5K? Bahahaha. Good luck to them so.

• Advertisement

Man, they're e really investing in this if they have acoustics worth 5k in stock...

I really hope it's worth it for them! They deserve it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

:eek:
    Was just about to order a bass from Thomann but now I think I'll have a look see what this new store has to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Hiya guys

Thanks for all the nice comments glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Prices will all be up for next weekend. We promise :D

We were literaly running around like lunatics all week trying to get the place sorted for today. It was just a empty shell on Monday, so we were pretty happy with how it looked.

XMusic.ie will be up ASAP, well as soon as I get our 15,000 items of stock into the database :eek:

All the best Smiler, sincerely.

I was very impressed with the shop - its about time IReland had something like this.

Great to see you're comparing prices with Thomann.

All the best...

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

hey smiler

any chance the website will take laser/maestro? would be a major one-up on thomann for a lot of people

i realise thats incredibly lazy seeing as i live about 40 miles away but would be really handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Was out there yesterday with the band looking around. Was like a mad man after 3 cans of Rockstar. Some nice stuff and probably would have picked up a few bits if things were priced but im happy enough to wait until next week and go shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,070 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just in there. Not a massive amount of stock around. Also the live band playing would have been fine if there was an actual stage area, but they were just set up at the back of the main guitar room, blocking us from checking out the actual guitars (which most people were there to do).

Hiya's

Bands will be gone from today so you'll all be able to get into check out the guitars properly. Just opening weekend crazyness.

And yes we will be doing Laser. For sure, it's already set up.

Cheers

Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Now you need to start sponsoring bands ;)

bombidol wrote: »
    Now you need to start sponsoring bands ;)

We will be eventually. Give them significant discounts etc. The plan is to record a few live sessions in here and record well known "artists" :rolleyes: demoing gear for us. All this will be broadcast on the site under our X-TV banner.

The idea of a cheesy Christmas single featuring the staff for the crack has also been thrown around :D

• Advertisement

X-TV eh? I think I know about that. Might be something else but it sounds familiar

Advertisement