Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musician Inc closing down?

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

Keyzer wrote: »
    Pretty poor attitude to take to be honest - the store at the Red Cow will be used by mainly people in the greater Dublin area and surrounding counties. When the novelty of a brand new music store fades what you'll have is the majority of your in store customers playing your instruments and nobody buying them - it will be somewhere to go for a few hours for the crack.

You're online store has the potential to reach out to customers all over Ireland, UK and Europe. If I were a business man, I would be doing everything it takes to make sure I can reach as many potential customers as humanly possible.

This applies now more so than ever - the days of wine and roses are over.
    Everyone's sick of hearing about the recession but its here and its going to here for the foreseeable future. So utilizing every angle possible to sell product should be the most important thing to the owners and management of X-Music.

Only today I was asked by a friend to recommend somewhere to buy a guitar - I pointed the person towards Thomann and GAK. This person has no car and has no interest in travelling out to the Red Cow from South Dublin so he wanted to purchase from an internet retailer. If your website was up and running I would have pointed him towards it. There lies your problem.

But it seems like you're not too bothered missing out on revenue - fair play to you.
    You'll be operating from a garden shed in no time with that attitude.

I totally understand your frustration, and the website is very important to us. We are working on it, but as I said it will take time to put it all into place.

The one thing we don't want to do is launch an online service that can't do what it promised.

Grand, it's handy having someone here to put a query to. I didn't mean you were mudslinging, just seemed like others were getting a bit snotty with you. Anyways :)....

Here's one for you , have ye got these in stock or can you order either of them ? :

Replacement patch button for Zoom multi effects pedal.

186161.jpg

http://www.thomann.de/ie/zoom_patch_taster_gfx8.htm

Tone Pros TOM Bridge for Epiphones
    http://www.thomann.de/ie/tonepros_t3btg_tuneomatic.htm

I'm afraid were not doing any zoom gear at the moment.

Until we can sort out a better price from the distributers were not going to be doing them.

Edit: Just seen your Tone Pro's bit, I'll send you a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Anyone know if either Xmusic or Musician in town have these plectrums ?

reeferpick5.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭The Boarder Man

Looks to me like the XMusic site has been hacked:

When you try to open it a cookie coming from the following domain:
    www.eghwfgtvwfteww.cn
    tries to open a "Windows Installer" on my system.

Please fix your security asap! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

uh ohs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

www.eghwfgtvwfteww.cn

Oh jeez, that's not good! :eek:

www.eghwfgtvwfteww.cn

Don't know what site your looking at. My site is working absolutley fine for me.

PM me the details if ya like. I'm interested to know.

Cheers

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Smiler wrote: »

Large quantities = cheaper price.

That's what were trying to bring about.

Way to go! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭The Boarder Man

Smiler wrote: »
    Don't know what site your looking at. My site is working absolutley fine for me.

PM me the details if ya like. I'm interested to know.

Cheers

Mick

Hmmm, seems to be fixed now. :confused: You wouldn't have noticed it if your browser automatically blocks cookies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Theres really no excuse for not having a basic site in place with opening hours, and perhaps an email subscription to let you know about new stuff on the site and instore and the launch of the full online shop.

Thats said people are being very unrealistic if you think you can set up an online store, from scratch and everything that goes on behind it, like packaging, and shipping them, premises for doing this, holding stock, new staff to do all this, and set up an online shop, in only a couple of months. Having the bricks and mortar shop up and running, only helps with a bit of this. Its not like you can have the guys working in the shop, wrapping orders and delivering them on his lunch break.

• Advertisement
Advertisement