Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musician Inc closing down?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I have secret unverified information that the first person on the opening day to get up on the counter and do a little jig in the nude gets a free guitar of their choice :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I shall prepare my naked chicken dance for the most expensive PRS they have.

Then I'll sell it and buy a real guitar :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

Sorry for late reply again, we were all in very late again tonight. Have to say it's looking great.

Tomorrow we start stocking the electric guitar room. The biggest room in the place, should be fun.......

Anyway. Naked Chicken dances eh. Might get ya a free t shirt to cover up your giblets alright.

I'm not to sure about the free stuff radio ad. I didn't have anything to do with it.

As far as I know we gave a few €100 vouchers to radio stations to give away. But I could be wrong.

As for the shipping costs - that hasn't been set yet. But it won't be over the top.

Will let ya know when I know

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

What's the Sunday opening time for this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

As far as I know its 12 - 6 both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Ill find out for definate on Friday if you dont here back from the others. I saw a poster on Capel St that gave me that information.

As for regular opening hours Im sure Smiler will get back to you on that.

• Advertisement

Smiler wrote: »
    Then the night after were having a private launch party (so we can all get drunk and enjoy our hard work :) )

It appears that I will see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

feylya wrote: »
    It appears that I will see you there.

Very good sir.

The regular opening times were going to work with are

Mon - Sat 10-6
    With late night opening on Thursday. Till 8 or 9 Probably
    Sun - 12-5

These might change as time goes on, and we might loose the Sunday opening - depending on how popular it is.

Are you guys in the park in Ballymount, overlooking the M50? Was trying to figure it out today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Are you guys in the park in Ballymount, overlooking the M50? Was trying to figure it out today.

I'm not sure exactly where it is either... gonna be confusing when I go out there. :(

As far as I can figure out, it's between the Long Mile road and TV3

http://www.daft.ie/searchcommercial.daft?search=1&selected_agent=&id=25724&s[agent_id]=5667&s[p]=qpvuvqqp Think this is the same business park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Ok. Here is an aerial view of the retail park I got from the retail park brochure.

arialviewofretailpark.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Dord wrote: »
    I'm not sure exactly where it is either... gonna be confusing when I go out there. :(

Harley Davidson are taking one of the units in the same complex. They have directions on their site

Heres pics of the building:
    image2.jpg
    image3.jpg
    image1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

If you're coming via the M50 northbound (like myself and Feylya), its easiest to take the Ballymount exit, head inbound, take the first left, straight through the roundabout at Ballymount Cross, and then the second right (onto Robinhood Road). After that, you can't miss the gigantic signage (unless there's a major fog, or something).

If you're coming from the city centre, its probably best to head down the Long Mile Road, and then take the turn for Robinhood Road (last left before the junction with the Naas Road). Keep going for ~half a mile, and as before, you can't miss the big signage.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Scoual

what about if you're coming with the luas or by bus, looks like there are many roads to cross no?

Looks like it's a case of cross over the M50 and take the first right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Scoual wrote: »
    what about if you're coming with the luas or by bus, looks like there are many roads to cross no?

Get a 51B/C/68/69 and get off at the red cow inn, its a short walk then around the red cow inn along Turnpike road. Getting the bus back is a bit of a longer trek because you'll have to go back to the Nass Rd, cross (there are pedestrian crossings) and get to a bus stop on the other side.

With the Luas you would have crossed back on the old Luas bridge but since the line has been rerouted I'm not sure if any of that has changed?

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭charloman

This may already have been stated... but is there an opening weekend sale or anythin like a specials weekend?

The reason I ask is because I am looking to upgrade my acoustic to a Takamine Tan10C. I am going to Dun Laoghaire to try one out...

I may just pop into the new store to see if anythin catches my fancy....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

can we get a thread title change, i'm getting mini-heart attacks everytime i come into the instruments forums ^_^

it's some place. i look forward to seeing it fully stocked. no amp isolation booths though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Its huge, was in there tonight. Impressive range of Fenders, both lefty and righty, even when the stock is not in it the range of gear they had was better than anything in town. roll on saturday...

• Advertisement

I didn't think their range was that impressive, especially of left handed ones as I had a southpaw with me looking for them. I'll wait and see what it's like on Saturday. The lack of guitar isolation booths is kinda annoying. There's 2 drum ones and an acoustic one but all the amps are in one room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Any Danelectro gear in there, Fey?

Not that I saw. Fair bit of Fender, Epiphone, Gibson, Taylor, couple Ibanez, Peavey. Nothing I haven't seen in Waltons/Music Maker before. But like I said, I'll wait and see what it's like with all the stock on the shop floor.

I didn't think their range was that impressive, especially of left handed ones as I had a southpaw with me looking for them. I'll wait and see what it's like on Saturday. The lack of guitar isolation booths is kinda annoying. There's 2 drum ones and an acoustic one but all the amps are in one room.

Well I personally have never seen a left handed american Jazz bass in Dublin, not to mention the 10+ other left handed guitars and basses that were available. Not many Left handed stingrays around the shops either. You have to remember that not all of the guitar stock was on display last night, merely what they had at that stage.

Several times when looking to buy an instrument in dublin none of the shops had any left-handed instruments that weren't dusty squiers or low end epiphones. So the fact that there was a range of left handed Fender models last night impressed me.. 10% Left handed is their promise..

As I mentioned in my previous posts, I will wait til I see the place completely set up before forming an opinion. I'm just stating what I and my left handed friend observed. I was there with a few other musicians and they were all of the same opinion - it has a **** load of potential, it is bigger than anywhere else in this country, let's hope they have all the good stuff hidden away.

Here here, three cheers for the unwarranted spending of money! Gotta love that GAS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

i just want to know what pedal brands they have??

punchdrunk wrote: »
    i just want to know what pedal brands they have??

Theres a surprise! Only saw Boss last night, im sure there is more...

Went back out there again today. Still not a huge amount of stock on the floor. They are still waiting for loads to land in. Chatting to one of the lads there (who I think I know from Boards) who actually knew his **** which is cool. People were trying out the Mesa's with a Les Paul going through it which surprised me. And even better, they had a computer in the recording section with Thomann on it for price comparisons. Much more impressed now, I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Recession? What recession?!

Advertisement