Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half price laptops tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Senna wrote: »
    In Letterkenny? just took a run in there now and they had the sign on the shelf for €299 laptops, but it was only €399 ones on the shelf, the staff said they'd been sold out for weeks and didn't know if more were coming in.
    From post no 143 on page 10
    muffler wrote: »
    Just for the benefit of anyone in Donegal. There was about 4 of these on the shelf in Tesco Letterkenny after 9 tonight.

They also had a couple of other acer models going at €399. I think they were 5315 and 5325?? - cant be sure if they are the correct model no's or not.
    Pity you hadnt been around on Thursday evening. There was about 3 or 4 left but by the looks of the shelf there was obviously more there earlier in the day.

Edit: In hindsight I should have posted the same notice in the Donegal forum. I will have to bear that in mind for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

muffler wrote: »
    From post no 143 on page 10
    Pity you hadnt been around on Thursday evening. There was about 3 or 4 left but by the looks of the shelf there was obviously more there earlier in the day.

Edit: In hindsight I should have posted the same notice in the Donegal forum. I will have to bear that in mind for the future.

Bugger:mad:
    Cheers anyway muffler, i'll have to keep a closer eye on tesco's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

The Acer 5051 is an excellent business/student laptop for 274 euro.

I hope more people can take advantage of these Tesco sales.

I ordered nearly 60Gb laptop rams just for you :D:D

I'll be waiting on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

Heya guys checked today there were 3 or 4 of these left in tesco bray so you might still get one there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

Vain wrote: »
    Was just in Dunes they had a poster up that showed Acer laptops for 299. No specs just says black and white, couldn’t see it in store.
    Hi folks

The one in Dunnes is a mini laptop like the Asus E. It has an 8GB hard drive - not sure if flash? -and runs linux. Cannot recall the type of processor. I think it is this one http://laptoping.com/acer-aspire-one.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buckrodgers

There are two of the samsung laptops for €299 in mahon point, well they were there an hour ago anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

well spotted dannyd20 and thanks! Picked up one of 5051 models in Nenagh earlier....there's a few left 10 at least (I asked) and despite the label price stating €549 they are selling for €274.49.
    the other half is well pleased with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

There are two of the samsung laptops for €299 in mahon point, well they were there an hour ago anyway!

I as just down there and they had none left , althogh theres 1 empty box left on the shelf .

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

Barr wrote: »
    I as just down there and they had none left , althogh theres 1 empty box left on the shelf .

All the boxes are empty..U are supposed to bring it up to customer service to get the laptop.(Well in my local tesco u di anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If its just an empty box its doubtful they would have the laptop at the customer services dept.

However if the security seal is still on it then the laptop is in the box. Thats the way I bought mine.

In saying that theres no harm in taking the empty box to the checkout just to be sure.

• Advertisement

Canonfan wrote: »
    The Acer 5051 is an excellent business/student laptop for 274 euro.

I hope more people can take advantage of these Tesco sales.

I ordered nearly 60Gb laptop rams just for you :D:D

I'll be waiting on adverts.
    1200 MHz FSB? Is it this one http://www.laptopviews.com/acer-laptops/acer-aspire-5051-anwxmi-laptop/

Not the same,

The Acer 5051 from Tesco has the same CPU,1Gb ram, 120Gb HDD but no webcam.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

Any of these deals left anywhere?

Fair Bargains !

Canonfan wrote: »
    Not the same,

The Acer 5051 from Tesco has the same CPU,1Gb ram, 120Gb HDD but no webcam.
    Does the Tesco one have the 1200 mzh front side bus speed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

There were no 5051s in sligo last nite,just the 5315 for 400.Does anyone know if its worth getting?I wasnt really thinking of getting an acer,but if this is a good deal maybe i should?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

There were no 5051s in sligo last nite,just the 5315 for 400.Does anyone know if its worth getting?I wasnt really thinking of getting an acer,but if this is a good deal maybe i should?
    It's cheaper than that here, Brian.

Does the Tesco one have the 1200 mzh front side bus speed?
    I think the AMD MK-36 2.0GHz has 800Mhz FSB, but this is what I found on the internet:

''Combining strong performance with efficient usage of power, the 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 MK-36 is uniquely optimized to power today's thinnest notebooks. It's also built for tomorrow's 64-bit applications, which will require a processor with significant power. It includes such AMD technology features as HyperTransport (which increases the communication between integrated circuits), PowerNow! (which enables longer battery life and reduced heat generation), and Enhanced Virus Protection (which works with Windows XP Service Pack 2 to better withstand attacks from certain classes of viruses). It also features a 512 KB L2 cache and up to 1600 MHz front-side bus (FSB). (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)''

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭musicinmouth

I went to Tesco in Wilton in Cork to check out the laptops, but none of them are on sale at half price. I checked them on the in-store price scanner, but it just gave the regular price. Are the half price laptops not on sale any more?

5315 for 400.Does anyone know if its worth getting?I wasnt really thinking of getting an acer,but if this is a good deal maybe i should?
    with home basic 1 gb ram and celeron most i would pay is 100 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭jamesd

with home basic 1 gb ram and celeron most i would pay is 100 euro

€100 - what'd you get for €100

• Advertisement

jamesd wrote: »
    €100 - what'd you get for €100
    don't know but would not give 400 for the 5315 specs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

in case anyone still wants one of these laptops tesco are still selling them in their prussia st branch ,the big 24 hour one,didnt check the specs but there were more than 6 of them this afternoon on the shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

Anybody know of any Tesco in Cork still running the offer with laptops left ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

In case anyone is still looking, I was just talking to a mate who picked up a 17" Acer in Clare Hall for 299euro yesterday....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

In case anyone is still looking, I was just talking to a mate who picked up a 17" Acer in Clare Hall for 299euro yesterday....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

delllat wrote: »
    in case anyone still wants one of these laptops tesco are still selling them in their prussia st branch ,the big 24 hour one,didnt check the specs but there were more than 6 of them this afternoon on the shelf

I popped into Tesco in Prussia Street and spotted they had 4 Acer laptops on display.

3 different models

2 x Acer 5315 €399

1 x Acer 5620 €599

One other Acer with a 12 inch screen. Didn't spot the price for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Do-more wrote: »

Any idea what the model number is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I managed to get the acer deal with the printer etc for €299.

To everyone that managed to get one.......what do you think of it??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

when and where did you get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

dlambirl wrote: »
    I managed to get the acer deal with the printer etc for €299.

To everyone that managed to get one.......what do you think of it??
    Where

Advertisement