Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half price laptops tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

I got the Samsung in Tesco Dooradoyle, I have reason to call to Tesco through work and a staff member mentioned it to me. The offer is still open, so they may get some more in. If I hear of any I will keep you posted.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

lindtee wrote: »
    The acer I have works with wireless anyways! Any news on any Cork stores that may/may not have them in stock tomorrow?

Anyone have a look in Mahon Point ? ..they usually have most offers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Barr wrote: »
    Anyone have a look in Mahon Point ? ..they usually have most offers

I'll be having a look first thing in the morning in Mahon Point so I can keep you posted. If I have no luck there, will check out Wilton. (Cause I have to be in CUH for 9). Fingers crossed. My son will be delira if I manage to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Did this offer only start today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Did this offer only start today?

Not sure when it started, but definitely not today as most places have been sold out since yesterday.

Every branch of Tesco's I rang today (around 12!!) were either all sold out, or else were quoting me the regular prices 599+ and didn't know anything about the sale..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

ShaneU wrote: »
    It's the Acer 5315. Not a great price I know

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Acer_Aspire_5315_Laptop_LX.ALC0Y.143_/version.asp

There's a lot of cameras going half price tomorrow.
    Any idea of what cameras?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I went into Jervis Street earlier and they were redoing the electronic aisle. I asked the girl that was restocking the shelves and she said that the half price offer starts tommorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Tesco Lucan had a few this morning, reduced, but not as low as mentioned here. Tesco Tallaght (Square) had none at all at about 5:00 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

lindtee wrote: »
    I'll be having a look first thing in the morning in Mahon Point so I can keep you posted. If I have no luck there, will check out Wilton. (Cause I have to be in CUH for 9). Fingers crossed. My son will be delira if I manage to get one.

Sweet ..that will save me a trip if they dont have the offer , although if they do i'd imagine they will sell out very fast

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Any idea of what cameras?
    Fujifilm pix or something like that? and the technika 10mp camera is €75 half price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

@lindtee: Smaller screen models will normally have better battery life. Make sure you are getting one with a good processor though. If using at home, remove the battery to extend its life.

I have an Acer 7520, 17", 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD, nvidia GeForce 700M with 256MB RAM, AMD TL55 dual core processor etc. which I got from Walmart (friend brought it over) for €465 about 6 months ago. Thought that was a good deal at the time.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Was in the Maynooth Tescos there. They have the 15.4" for €399 and only 2 on the shelf.

BUT... I knew there was a 14" one for €274, and that's what I got. It was in the store room. So when you go in, ask, and they'll probably have one in the back store.

Lots more in the Store room, the dude who got the laptop for me said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

On my samsung i got a 60 day free trial of MS office 2007. Also, if hes a student, theres a software for students commercial interaction forum here, might still be a bit steep tho, depending on what you need.

As a poster above said, try open office before giving Microsoft your money, which should always be avoided.
    I find Open Office pretty good - it's got most of the bells and whistles of Microsoft Office - and it can read and write Microsoft Office files. It's a freebie distributed by IBM I think - just Google it and pick a reputable looking download site. db.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

OpenOffice is distributed by Sun Microsystems!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,805 ✭✭✭✭cormie

So are these bargains or could you pick up the same or better from Dell? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

€349.99 is the cheapest Dell laptop. It's the Vostro 1000 and has 1GB RAM and an 80GB HDD. If you check out the Dell laptop thread on BA, they may have a coupons to make it cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

or the Vostro 1510 which starts at 259 euro, and can be brought up to a nice spec for a few quid extra.

go to www.dell.ie/epp and click on e-value in the top right hand corner.
    Enter the code 305 N0815101A

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I went to Tesco in Dundalk today and there laptops were €599 & €399, rang Drogheda up and they were selling the same ones at €299 and had none left. Went back into Tesco in Dundalk and told them what I was told by Tesco Drogheda, reply I got was "there's no such offer".
    Ended up going to Monaghan and they had same ones mentioned here at €299 & €274, got the one at €274 (Acer Aspire 5051) and well happy with it, very nice laptop :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Can someone tell me does the 14'' Acer has glossy screen?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Canonfan wrote: »
    Can someone tell me does the 14'' Acer has glossy screen?

Thanks.

It's a CrystalBrite (glass finish) display, very good sharp picture on it, far better than my Toshiba Satellite.

http://www.acerdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5051AWXMi_LX.AV40Y.080/version.asp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Flew out to Finglas as Ericl told me to do, I could have gone for the Acer 5220 but decided to go for a Toshiba L70 (I think it is?) has 120gb Memory 1gb Ram Pentium Dual Core Processor and Vista Basic. Comes with a nice little pack consists of Webcam, Optical Mouse, Microphone Headset thing, 1gb Memory Stick, Usb Keypad and a 2 Hub Usb Port. Have to say its a great piece of kit. Battery lasted about 3 hours without the charger in and the wireless works perfectly. It will do me for school next year. Oh and to anyone thinking of going out to Finglas to get an Acer or Samsung there was plenty there at 3 o clock today but that all probably changed as for the Toshiba I got the last one :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

I have just come back from Clearwater where the staff told me the PC counter is closed until 9am,Walsh how much did the Samsungs cost and also how much was the Toshiba.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Checked Tesco in the Square again this morning at 08:00, no laptops at all there :-(

Anyone get any of the Samsungs?

Could anyone confirm what spec they are?

I rang a few places yesterday and was told that the Samsungs had 160GB HD, and 2GB RAM all for E299 which seems like an unbelievable offer to me compared to the other two Acers.. not sure what spec the Toshiba's were though?

No wonder those Samsungs sold out so quickly if that is indeed the spec!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Has anyone been to any of the Waterford Tescos yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

boardsie08 wrote: »
    Anyone get any of the Samsungs?

Could anyone confirm what spec they are?

I rang a few places yesterday and was told that the Samsungs had 160GB HD, and 2GB RAM all for E299 which seems like an unbelievable offer to me compared to the other two Acers.. not sure what spec the Toshiba's were though?

No wonder those Samsungs sold out so quickly if that is indeed the spec!

The ex was able to get one of those Samsungs- model was R60P (or Plus). Spec as above for €299. Processor was a Dual Core though and not Core Duo. Battery is also a 4 cell while I think the Acers are 6. Great price for what it is if you can manage to find any. She bought it in the Lucan branch- when I went back last night they only had the 17" model and was only marked down by 20%- at €799 not a bargain at all.

The ex was able to get one of those Samsungs- model was R60P (or Plus). Spec as above for €299. Processor was a Dual Core though and not Core Duo. Battery is also a 4 cell while I think the Acers are 6. Great price for what it is if you can manage to find any. She bought it in the Lucan branch- when I went back last night they only had the 17" model and was only marked down by 20%- at €799 not a bargain at all.

Thanks for that!

The R60plus looks like a sexy machine, lovely black glossy finish.. I'm off now to try my hand at getting one of those babies, I'll let you all know how I got on when I get back! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

Tesco Stillorgan still had some left last night.
    I picked up 2 of the Toshibas for €349 each.
    They still had some of the Acer laptops for €274.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

The Samsung (R60 plus) has duo core,2Gb ram and 160Gb HDD, for 299 euro it's a bargan.

I managed to get one Sumsung this morning from Tesco Jervis shopping centre.

It's all sold out, their staffs were queueing to buy the Samsung laptop with their 10% discount.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭bob123456

Picked up one in the Jervis Center.

They had 2 of the 14.1" Acer (274e) and 2 of the 17" Acer (299e) and 3 or 4 of the Samsungs (299e)

I would say most are all gone now as the staff were buying them all or putting them behind the counter for other staff members.
    If fact customer service was packed with staff buying them.

Samsung NP-R60Y (or R60 Plus)
    Intel Dual Core T2330 1.6GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, FSB 533 MT/s, Socket P, "Merom-1M" (65 nm)
    Chipset ATI RS600M North Bridge / ATI SB600 South Bridge
    2GB Ram DDR2-667 333MHz Samsung M4 70T2953CZ3-CE6
    160GB Hard Drive Hitachi HTS542516K9A300
    15.4" WXGA High Bright Gloss 1280 x 800
    ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 Graphics (BIOS says graphics are shared, properties says 1.75GB Ram - 2GB is installed)
    DVD-RW TEAC DV-W28EC DVD
    Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Card
    Marvell Yukon 88e8039 PCI-E Ethernet
    Agere Systems HDA Modem
    Realtek HD Audio with EDS
    Vista Home Home Premium includes Restore CD
    2.68KG

LEFT SIDE

VGA Out
    1 x USB
    1 x Headphone
    1 x Microphone