Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half price laptops tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,809 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Canonfan wrote: »
    The Samsung (R60 plus) has duo core,2Gb ram and 160Gb HDD, for 299 euro it's a bargan.

I managed to get one Sumsung this morning from Tesco Jervis shopping centre.

It's all sold out, their staffs were queueing to buy the Samsung laptop with their 10% discount.:mad:

Cool thanks, so one bargain there anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

I was told one laptop per customer, the staffs in Tesco Jervis shopping centre were very rude as if I was getting free bread or something.

They still have some Acer laptop (14'' @ 274euro and 17'' @ 299euro) and desktops left.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Canonfan wrote: »
    The Samsung (R60 plus) has duo core,2Gb ram and 160Gb HDD, for 299 euro it's a bargan.

I managed to get one Sumsung this morning from Tesco Jervis shopping centre.

It's all sold out, their staffs were queueing to buy the Samsung laptop with their 10% discount.:mad:

Was in Jervis last night and went down the isle for where they had the machines- was told by two staff members it was closed while they were putting out stock and overheard them say which things they were keeping back for themselves. Can't blame them I suppose but annoying when you can't get one yourself!

The ex's machine definitely said Dual Core on the box but I didnt check it out on the machine itself- much of a muchness really for just using it for the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

I have just come back from Clearwater where I was told at 9 this morning that there were several Acers left in stock by a staff member named Paddy but he didn't have access to the stockroom untill 10 when the manager would come in,I asked if I could pay a deposit and he said there was no need just come back at 10 so when I did he was no where to be found and I was told all the stock was sold yesterday,if anyone manages to get any laptop for less than €400 in Clearwater can they copy the receipt for me.I paid over €35 in taxi fares, damn you tesco.

I have just rang the Finglas store and been told the Samsung R60 plus is €479

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Barr wrote: »
    Sweet ..that will save me a trip if they dont have the offer , although if they do i'd imagine they will sell out very fast

I didn't see any half price offers in either Mahon or Wilton. I asked the "nice" Customer services lady at Mahon did she know anything about the offer and could she give me prices and she just looked at me blankly and said scan the boxes at the price checker. Scanned some boxes (a acer extensa 5220,5620 and an aspire something or other plus a samsung model) and all came up at full price. I was in a rush so didn't get to talk to a manager. In wilton I just looked on the shelves and there were no offers.

I do however reckon that they will come down in price as they are over-priced as some-one posted. Maybe later today even! It was 599 for the model I paid 399(extensa 5620) for about 3 months ago, so some tomfoolery inflating of prices going on.

Was pretty miffed, but then I realised I forgot my wallet so wouldn't have been able to get one anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

lindtee wrote: »
    said scan the boxes at the price checker. Scanned some boxes (a acer extensa 5220,5620 and an aspire something or other plus a samsung model) and all came up at full price.

Some times that will give the full price but if she had put it through the till (in training mode even) then the reduction would appear at the bottom of the receipt. You can always attempt to buy and if it comes up full price at the end then just don't take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

the only laptops left in cork are for€499 and €699. I was in both wilton and mahon point yesterday and was told they wont go on sale until today by managers. went in earlier before work and was told by staff there sold out since yesterday. A bit of a joke of a set up if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

Just got an Acer one in Tesco's Jervis.......

Not sure if I want it or not, decided to get it first and decide later. Sure I can always bring it back or sell it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

contact tesco management and complain about all this staff holding back bargains for themselves and friends, seems to be a big prob in tesco. If there are competitions(a form of promotion) for example staff can't enter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

My mate just texted me to say he had got the last reduced lappy in Maynooth...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

No half price laptops in Tesco Ashbourne. All seem to be marked at "Special Price" 799/699 etc.

I never knew Tesco did Tesco brand drills/jigsaws/sanders...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

No half price laptops in Tesco Ashbourne. All seem to be marked at "Special Price" 799/699 etc.

I never knew Tesco did Tesco brand drills/jigsaws/sanders...

This applies in Clonmel too:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Aye Kero

Celbridge Kildare also :(
    Esse85 wrote: »
    This applies in Clonmel too:(

I got the last 17" acer in Jervis,thanks to op and all who posted about jervis,while I was there the girl at the counter said the R60 samsungs for €300 were the older model which were Black and these were the ones Finglas had at 9 this morning,thanks again I am just glad I have a Laptop, good luck to everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

Success!!

I managed to get the last Samsung R60 Plus left in Roscommon.

I'm absolutely delighted, I had been searching high up and low down all day yesterday, so it finally paid off!

It seems that the staff in Roscommon were also stockpiling the laptops for themselves.. Can't say I blame them, however, yeah it sucks if you're a customer and you know that they have them in stock and that they're holding them for themselves.

To all of you still looking for them - keep on trying - I rang Roscommon 3 times yesterday to be told 3 different things. 1.) They were sold out. Second time around; "The sale hasn't started yet", third time: "Sale? What sale? our cheapest laptop is 799.."

So keep trying! I rang about 12 Tesco's yesterday and none of them had a clue or were communicating with other stores, it was a total shambles!

Just be persistent guys, it paid off for me in the end! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

Just found the Samsung r60+ on BMS - E790!!

http://shop.bms.ie/product_info.php?cPath=14_83&products_id=17834&osCsid=cd272d3a11fccbdcc9b2845d5ffce596

Plus the one in Tesco for E299 comes with a 3 year extended warranty - you'd pay E299 just to get a 3 year warranty coverplan on a laptop in PC World/Currys..

Great bargain, thanks again Shawnee!

This is just what I was looking for, wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for you, so cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Am gonna try and nab one in Jervis!!
    Hope there's some there, I rang tihs morning and the girl said she could only keep one for me for half an hour...not a possible feat!
    Oh well, fingers crossed :D
    Thanks OP for the tip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭jbmcbcy

Tesco Tullamore have them in black for €499.

The electrical staff said that they only had the RED r60+ on half price and they're all gone since Monday.

I even asked him to try and put the black one through the till just in case it'll go down to €299.... no joy though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

lindtee wrote: »
    I didn't see any half price offers in either Mahon or Wilton. I asked the "nice" Customer services lady at Mahon did she know anything about the offer and could she give me prices and she just looked at me blankly and said scan the boxes at the price checker. Scanned some boxes (a acer extensa 5220,5620 and an aspire something or other plus a samsung model) and all came up at full price. I was in a rush so didn't get to talk to a manager. In wilton I just looked on the shelves and there were no offers.

I do however reckon that they will come down in price as they are over-priced as some-one posted. Maybe later today even! It was 599 for the model I paid 399(extensa 5620) for about 3 months ago, so some tomfoolery inflating of prices going on.

Was pretty miffed, but then I realised I forgot my wallet so wouldn't have been able to get one anyways!

Thanks for letting me know .. I dont think the offer made Cork at all . I was in Douglas earlier and there was nothing .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

contact tesco management and complain about all this staff holding back bargains for themselves

Don't bother I wrote a letter to them after the consoles mess and never even received a reply.
    seems to be a big prob in tesco.
    What would you do if you worked there for €10 an hour?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Well if I was working in Tesco I'd certainly take first dibs on the bargains, as you would expect if you were working there.

So would everyone else here so stop mouthing off.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jayteecork wrote: »
    Well if I was working in Tesco I'd certainly take first dibs on the bargains, as you would expect if you were working there.

So would everyone else here so stop mouthing off.
    The same with anyone working anywhere really. If you know there's a good offer coming up and you want it you'd snap it up. Even if the company didn't allow you you could get a friend or family to get it for you. I really don't see why people are complaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

contact tesco management and complain about all this staff holding back bargains for themselves and friends, seems to be a big prob in tesco.
    would be interested in response. A friend of mine did it before but only by phone to a customer services rep , cannot recall what they said. Like to see response to a written complaint but would one need to be able to prove it?
    If there are competitions(a form of promotion) for example staff can't enter.
    true being able to take over bargains for themselves is plain unfair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

jayteecork wrote: »
    but you shouldn't be allowed to by management. Tesco would not make much if they depended on staff only to shop there so why should staff have all the bargains. The ordinary customer makes tesco

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Staff get first perference on these things, just the way it is.

Stop complaining about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

For anyone who missed these: http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=67154&cat=all Going for €300.

laptop brand new in box,never used,still got plastic stuck over the screen etc !

AMD Turion 2.00 ghz 64 mk-36 cpu
    14.1" acer "crystalbrite" lcd screen
    ati radeon express 1100 256mb graphics
    120gig hdd
    1024mb ram
    5 in 1 card reader
    DVD super multi
    56k modem 10/100 base t
    wifi 802.11 b/g
    windows vista home basic

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

For those who bought the above laptop, the 1Gb ram installed is 2 X 512Mb DDR2 pc-5300 667Mhz.

Need to order two single 1Gb ram if you are planning to double the ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LaughingMatter

Was in Tesco Carrick-On-Shannon Weds eve, and all shelves empty. Asked if any more out back, v helpful guy said there were Samsung R40P's in red or black at €325.

Which there were and I got one.

Not before phoning to check it out. These (AKA 'R40 Plus' were launched 2006 at around €850, and are now (just) discontinued. A recent 'unwanted gift' specimen fetched £280 on eBay. (Plus delivery ex UK). So these not exactly half price, but not bad either.

Call it a bargain. Call it a lert. It may not be this week's Dell, and the memory upgrade would indeed be of the DitchAGig variety, but I'm happy - It does everything we want it for. And I don't see this kind of price reduction very often. And friends of XP note - it seems that drivers for both XP and Vista are available on Samsung site.

Samsung's spec page is here
    http://www.samsung.com/he/products/notebookcomputer/r_series/np_r40plus.asp

Good luck!

P.S. Couple of Acer desktops there too, at 'half' price. Sorry, can't remember details. Was in small frenzy at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

the point is these offers are not supposed to be reserved for staff they are for the ordinary customer who shops there week in week out and in doing so pays staff wages and keeps them in jobs.

Advertisement