Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half price laptops tesco

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 nodger84

Well there are no laptops in jervis st Tesco or in Talbot st tesco..! any idea's like santry or swords have them..???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

No luck here either I'm afraid..

Just rang the branches at:

Castlebar
    Ballina
    Galway
    Westport
    Ballinasloe
    Roscommon

All sold out! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Just rang store in Dundalk and the Acer one's that have been mentioned on here at €299 are €399 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

picked up a Samsung R40 15.4", 1gig RAM, dual core processor.

€324 Tesco Wilton Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭yaynay

picked up a Samsung R40 15.4", 1gig RAM, dual core processor.

€324 Tesco Wilton Cork.

Does anyone know if they have this laptop available in Finglas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

Does anyone know the spec of the Toshiba for €349?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

I checked out 3 Tesco branches in Cork today - no half price bargains.
    However spoke to a harassed looking manager at one place who said there was a problem with the prices not being printed out on their shelf-edge tickets even though his special offer list (which he kept close to his chest!) showed much lower prices than the tills were charging. He thought the offers would not/should not go into effect until Wednesday though when I checked back later today there were new prices up on stuff though none at half price. He said he'd text me if and when the half price deal would come up on the one I want... though I think I just might head back there for midnight!
    Looks like some branches have jumped the gun or are more on the ball than others. Tesco Douglas had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.......
    Saw 2 TV+ DVD combos (15.4") by Bush at half price (129) go up on shelf and immediately walk out the door so there does seem to be some real stock shifting going on. Wonder if this is to spite ALDI's laptop offer of Thursday?

If you miss out at some of the big stores, it might be worth asking the manager at some of the pokier places tomorrow or Thursday - if the shelf-edge labels are not being printed they might well just leave stuff in the storeroom 'cos they couldn't be arsed trying to sort it.
    By the way - I didn't think the Acer ones look all that wonderful - the Samsung ones looked cool, though. Good hunting (and don't anyone get MY one!!!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Do-more wrote: »
    Was in Mullingar earlier and saw no sign of any laptops (or PS2's)

They did have an Acer desktop reduced to €299 (2 in stock)

Would probably be good for anyone looking for a cheap one for normal home use..

price.jpg

spec.jpg

Sorry spec is blurred but I think it's this:

Intel Core 2 Duo Pentium 4 631 Processor, 3.0GHz Clock Speed, 2MB L2 Cache, 800FSB, 250GB HDD SATA, 2 x 512MB RAM, DVD RW, VGA on board, Vista Home Basic, PS2 kybd & ball mouse, 17" LCD with speaker.
    The processor is not a core 2 duo it's a pentium 4 which are completely rubbish when compared to the core 2 duos. I didn't even know intel made pentium 4s any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

boardsie08 wrote: »
    No luck here either I'm afraid..

Just rang the branches at:

Castlebar
    Ballina
    Galway
    Westport
    Ballinasloe
    Roscommon

All sold out! :(
    Try Athlone. They may have them. I'm sure you could get a Dell Vostro with the same spec with simular prices to these.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    By the way - I didn't think the Acer ones look all that wonderful - the Samsung ones looked cool, though. Good hunting (and don't anyone get MY one!!!)

I just took my new toy out of the box and started to delete all the crap they deliver with new computers nowadays. Interestingly the processor is not a Turion 64 MK-36 as it says on the box but apparently an MK-38, so it's 2.2GHz instead of the 2.0 they advertised. I must say I'm pleased so far, it's a cute little machine for the money, although it seriously needs more memory than the 1 gig already installed. Maybe I can also change the processor later, for the MK-38 uses the same (S1-) socket as the double cores, so a TL-62 should fit in. But they are almost 200€ alone right now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Sheena99

Had some of the Acers in Claremorris an hour ago, but the shelf was getting pretty empty...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

The processor is not a core 2 duo it's a pentium 4 which are completely rubbish when compared to the core 2 duos. I didn't even know intel made pentium 4s any more.

Sorry for any confusion, I got the description from the product code here. :o

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

will be in the square tomorrow will do a scout around

great price for the above mate

is this funny or what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovikj9RsFAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks for this. Little man wants a lap-top for his birthday so will be checking out both wilton and mahon tesco first thing tomorrow. Which one would be the best to get? I'm just looking for something basic

I currently have an Acer extensa 5620z myself which works fine.(paid 399 for it btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Looks like some branches have jumped the gun or are more on the ball than others.

Remember the famous Technosonic 32" LCD TV for €399 offer? There was supposed to be a big ad campaign on the Thursday to get a dig at Aldi and Lidl, but most stores put them out on the Tuesday and they were long gone before the ads came out. Then they had to wheel out more Chello brand TV to make up for it.

Tescos communications systems don't seem to be very good when it comes to special offers like these!

Maybe Jarvis can sort this out for us!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

As the origial poster , I'm glad a few of you managed to get these, there are still a few available in various shops if you ring up. I got A samsung for my son who is saving for one for his birthday. Anyone know the cheapest way to go about getting office or something similar on this machine. Haven't opened it yet but I presume it doesn't have any software on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BobJones

Rathmines - None - CS said they don't do laptops, only the bigger stores.
    Merrion - None -
    Dundrum - None
    Nutgrove - None, according to an assistant, they flew off the shelves yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭teck-x5

BobJones wrote: »
    Rathmines - None - CS said they don't do laptops, only the bigger stores.
    Merrion - None -
    Dundrum - None
    Nutgrove - None, according to an assistant, they flew off the shelves yesterday.

That's annoying, they are all the stores that I was close enough to try!

Shawnee; where did you get the Samsung?

Just to update everyone:

Galway - NONE
    Roscommon - NONE
    Ballinasloe - NONE
    Claremorris - NONE
    Westport - NONE
    Ballina - NONE
    Castlebar - NONE
    Sligo - NONE
    Ennis - NONE
    Limerick Arthurs Quay - NONE
    Limerick Dooradoyle - NONE
    Limerick Newcastle West - NONE
    Athlone - NONE

It seems they all sold out yesterday - fair play to whoever got them, not a bad deal at all!

I'd still love to get my hands on one, running out of places to try now though..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

We were slow enough spotting this one lads considering they seem to be sold out yesterday in many places. Fair play to those who got them.

• Advertisement

Shamrok wrote: »
    We were slow enough spotting this one lads considering they seem to be sold out yesterday in many places. Fair play to those who got them.

+1

Just wondering; those of you who did get them yesterday, how did you know about the offer?

Was it advertised? I haven't seen any adverts regarding it, wouldn't have known about it only for the OP's post in fact!

Enjoy your new toys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I saw this offer last Wednesday and the €300 laptop was sold out then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Tesco Artane have about 20 but are priced at €399, seem to be the model thats €299 here.Maybe a mistake on the stores part.Not a great price at €399 as a few places(Power City for one)are selling it for that or lower.

Dman001 wrote: »
    I saw this offer last Wednesday and the €300 laptop was sold out then too.

Last wednesday? Jeez, we are slooow! No wonder they're all gone, and there was me thinking I was bound to get one somewhere, eventually. D'oh! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

would the acer ones work with wireless broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

There are various ways to get office you could try googleing but for the legit option I would use open office this can open word excel and is very similar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

The acer I have works with wireless anyways! Any news on any Cork stores that may/may not have them in stock tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

none left in tralee:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

shawnee wrote: »
    As the origial poster , I'm glad a few of you managed to get these, there are still a few available in various shops if you ring up. I got A samsung for my son who is saving for one for his birthday. Anyone know the cheapest way to go about getting office or something similar on this machine. Haven't opened it yet but I presume it doesn't have any software on it.

On my samsung i got a 60 day free trial of MS office 2007. Also, if hes a student, theres a software for students commercial interaction forum here, might still be a bit steep tho, depending on what you need.

As a poster above said, try open office before giving Microsoft your money, which should always be avoided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ninty wrote: »
    Tesco Artane have about 20 but are priced at €399, seem to be the model thats €299 here.Maybe a mistake on the stores part.Not a great price at €399 as a few places(Power City for one)are selling it for that or lower.
    It's the Acer 5315. Not a great price I know

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Acer_Aspire_5315_Laptop_LX.ALC0Y.143_/version.asp

There's a lot of cameras going half price tomorrow.

Advertisement