Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half price laptops tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Staffs are customers too and they are entitled to promotions no doubt about it.

But queueing when the shop opens looks really bad. They should have done it when the doors were closed.

Anyway, the girl in front of me bought 2 Samsung R60 for 539 euro with her staff discount. I wish I knew someone from Tesco.

Good luck guys!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

It's bloody crazy how cheap laptops are.
    I remember a laptop with 128MB RAM, a pentium 3 and some poxy graphic card used set you back 2 grand Irish punts in about 2001.
    They were a pure luxury.

Now everyone has one.

Not complaining mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Have reason to be in Midleton this morning so will check out the Tesco there. Not very hopeful but you never know!

(BTW-the above poster is my little brother!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Canonfan wrote: »
    For those who bought the above laptop, the 1Gb ram installed is 2 X 512Mb DDR2 pc-5300 667Mhz.

Need to order two single 1Gb ram if you are planning to double the ram.
    An extra €60 if even that.

Also, Acer are usually very good for having XP drivers on their site, so may just put that on it: XP with 1GB will fly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

These laptop offers seem to vary from store to store,is this right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ninty wrote: »
    These laptop offers seem to vary from store to store,is this right.
    Sometimes, but if you know what you want, ask, as when I went to Maynooth, they had all the models on the shelf, except the one I wanted. But when I asked, they found one in the stock room.

I paid 35 euro for 2 X 1Gb ram and don't forget you can sell the two 512Mbs for 15-20 euro.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

had a gander in the tallaght one there yesterday. didn't even see any section for the laptops looked around a good bit. they prob never had them.. tallaght has to be quite bad, they mever have any electronics in anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Do-more wrote: »
    Was in Mullingar earlier and saw no sign of any laptops (or PS2's)

They did have an Acer desktop reduced to €299 (2 in stock)

Would probably be good for anyone looking for a cheap one for normal home use..

Sorry spec is blurred but I think it's this:

Intel Core 2 Duo Pentium 4 631 Processor, 3.0GHz Clock Speed, 2MB L2 Cache, 800FSB, 250GB HDD SATA, 2 x 512MB RAM, DVD RW, VGA on board, Vista Home Basic, PS2 kybd & ball mouse, 17" LCD with speaker.

does that say 'modem none' ?

I had a look in Midleton Tesco today and of course they had none in stock.....but on the price thingy for acer that was reduced to 274 I noticed that the offer ends sometime in December(correct me if I'm wrong). I asked at customer services and she said they WILL be getting more in stock, possibly tomorrow! I am hoping that this means that all stores will be getting more of them in at some stage and I may be able to get one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a friend got a samsung in rathfarnham earlier, she said there were a few there

Do-more wrote: »
    Was in Mullingar earlier and saw no sign of any laptops (or PS2's)

They did have an Acer desktop reduced to €299 (2 in stock)

Would probably be good for anyone looking for a cheap one for normal home use..

price.jpg

spec.jpg

Sorry spec is blurred but I think it's this:

Intel Core 2 Duo Pentium 4 631 Processor, 3.0GHz Clock Speed, 2MB L2 Cache, 800FSB, 250GB HDD SATA, 2 x 512MB RAM, DVD RW, VGA on board, Vista Home Basic, PS2 kybd & ball mouse, 17" LCD with speaker.

I'm right-offer ends 31/12/08. See above. Yipee-might get one after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

What do you think of this deal? http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/58_6661.htm

I am not as well up as I used to be on computer specs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

Staffs are customers too and they are entitled to promotions no doubt about it
    they are not customers while they are working and it while there working they are holding back stock for themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

dixiefly wrote: »
    What do you think of this deal? http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/58_6661.htm

I am not as well up as I used to be on computer specs.

Terrible price for a very lame laptop ...if you're spending 600 go to the dell outlet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Kelso

a friend got a samsung in rathfarnham earlier, she said there were a few there

Apparently Rathfarnham don't do laptops, you sure she got it there? I checked Nutgrove too and they have the R60s but only have them priced at a 20% off which is €720

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Kelso wrote: »
    Apparently Rathfarnham don't do laptops, you sure she got it there? I checked Nutgrove too and they have the R60s but only have them priced at a 20% off which is €720

yes, definitely rathfarnham

Went to Nutgrove this afternoon and they had both 15.4'' and 17'' Samsung laptop.

The Samsung R60P was 479.59 euro after 20% off. I showed the floor manager my receipt from Tesco Jervis (299.49 euro) he said different shop different system there's no price match.

Hi admiralofthefleet, I went there too was told no laptops. Anyway may I ask how much did she pay for the Samsung? 299.49 euro or 479.59 euro?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Hi admiralofthefleet, I went there too was told no laptops. Anyway may I ask how much did she pay for the Samsung? 299.49 euro or 479.59 euro?

Thanks.

Well, in tesco wilton cork they had an r60p, dont think there was a price up for it, but i brought it to the scanner and it came up as €479. The r40p showed up as 324€ on the scanner.

Dont know why different Tesco's have different prices, but apparently they do :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

There's samsung R60 laptops left for €480 in Tesco Artane if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Acer Aspire 7004WSMI (LX.AWS0Y.003)
    17" WXGA+ Display
    AMD Sempron 3500+
    1GB RAM
    80GB HD
    DVD Super Multi
    Wireless 802.11b/g
    Vista Basic
    Was: €599 Now: €299.49
    Just for the benefit of anyone in Donegal. There was about 4 of these on the shelf in Tesco Letterkenny after 9 tonight.

They also had a couple of other acer models going at €399. I think they were 5315 and 5325?? - cant be sure if they are the correct model no's or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Don't bother I wrote a letter to them after the consoles mess and never even received a reply.

What would you do if you worked there for €10 an hour?

Buy a few laptops for €299, may as well it only lunch money to us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dirk_digbee

Well I was in Tesco in Roscommon on Tue, picked me up the Samsung R60P.
    Vista Premium, 1.6GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of RAM, 160GB HDD, WiFi, Dual Layer DVD and an SD Card Reader, €299.49.
    Very happy with it so far. I told a mate about it and he returned 3hrs later only to be disappointed.
    I'm sorry i didn't pick up two of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Any left round Louth/Monaghan area, mate of mine is looking for one.

Vista Premium, 1.6GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of RAM, 160GB HDD, WiFi, Dual Layer DVD and an SD Card Reader, €299.49.
    Very happy with it so far. I told a mate about it and he returned 3hrs later only to be disappointed.
    Don't feel sorry, Tesco staff will tell you only 1 per customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

That's odd; I got mine in Tesco's in Roscommon on Wednesday! Brilliant buy though, I'm using mine now, and I'm delighted with it! All the more now knowing that other branches are sill selling them for E489! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dirk_digbee

boardsie08 wrote: »
    I got mine in Tesco's in Roscommon on Wednesday!
    Those lying gits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

jayteecork wrote: »
    Staff get first perference on these things, just the way it is.
    no they don't
    Stop complaining about it.
    why ? cos you say so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

are any of these 3 laptops still available anywhere near dublin/meath and if not will they be getting more in the next few weeks in the shops?

Advertisement