Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half price laptops tesco

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭jbmcbcy

Canonfan wrote: »
    The Samsung (R60 plus) has duo core,2Gb ram and 160Gb HDD, for 299 euro it's a bargan.

I managed to get one Sumsung this morning from Tesco Jervis shopping centre.

It's all sold out, their staffs were queueing to buy the Samsung laptop with their 10% discount.:mad:

Well I was in Tesco in Roscommon on Tue, picked me up the Samsung R60P.
    Vista Premium, 1.6GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of RAM, 160GB HDD, WiFi, Dual Layer DVD and an SD Card Reader, €299.49.
    Very happy with it so far. I told a mate about it and he returned 3hrs later only to be disappointed.
    I'm sorry i didn't pick up two of them!

boardsie08 wrote: »
    That's odd; I got mine in Tesco's in Roscommon on Wednesday! Brilliant buy though, I'm using mine now, and I'm delighted with it! All the more now knowing that other branches are sill selling them for E489! lol

Guys, could I ask you a favour. Could one of you please scan me your receipt for the R60 Plus (Black). They (Tesco staff) won't believe that the black ones are at €299 at some Tesco branches. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

ronano wrote: »
    are any of these 3 laptops still available anywhere near dublin/meath and if not will they be getting more in the next few weeks in the shops?

Well I picked up the Samsung r60 in Clearwater Finglas yesterday evening but at the €479 price tag.Will do the job for the folks. All half price stuff was long gone. I'd make a phone call first though,just to check stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Any chance of this offer coming again?? They're sold out in galway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

@jbmcbcy, I can do it but on the receipt it only says: Laptop .... 299.49euro, there's no model number or code whatsoever.

@jbmcbcy, I can do it but on the receipt it only says: Laptop .... 299.49euro, there's no model number or code whatsoever.

That's too bad . . . I was hoping that if thet can see a proof of the R60+ black were sold at €299 at some tesco branches, there's a chance of them matching the price... :p... Just chancing my arm here.

Thanks anyway Canonfan.

• Advertisement

I was pushing for a price match in Tesco Nutgrove with my receipt from Jervis shopping centre. The store manager said different store has different deals. For example they had half price Toshiba laptops before no other Tesco had them.

The person in charge of the electrical department in Tullamore
    was shocked when I told him that some branches have the r60 black
    at 299, he said they have the red one at 299.

He told me to show him something that'll will show black r60 at 299
    in some branches and he'll see what he can do.

No harm in trying, i suppose... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭Spipov

was in tesco dundrum today. nothing 299/274. cheapest was a 14.1 acer @399. they had quite a few of those and some desktops at 599! (in yellow stickers, so was lower price!).

anyway, i asked someone on the staff and he said it had been on, but all had ended in the space of a couple of hours, with most going to members of staff.

that includes speakers at 8 euros and cameras at 29 euros.

great.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dirk_digbee

jbmcbcy wrote: »
    I was hoping that if thet can see a proof of the R60+ black were sold at €299 at some tesco branches, there's a chance of them matching the price...
    I'm nearly 100% sure some of the staff in Roscommon said it was only the red R60+ that was €299. I'm gonna check again tomorrow if I get a chance and i'll report back if they have any in stock.
    D

I'm nearly 100% sure some of the staff in Roscommon said it was only the red R60+ that was €299. I'm gonna check again tomorrow if I get a chance and i'll report back if they have any in stock.
    D

I hope they'll have them back...
    Btw, what's the difference in specs with the black and the red?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Manager at Tesco Mahon Point called me yesterday morning 'cos I had been up moaning about the confusion earlier in the week. He had a Toshiba Satellite Pro L40 - reduced from 699 to 350. I don't know what the spec is though from looking it up on the 'net it seems the spec will be a lot lower than say the Samsung though the build quality is probably very high, particularly the keyboard. I want my goodies like the built in camera on the Samsung K700 they had with only 20% off so I passed on buying the Tosh.
    Still - was very nice of the guy to call me, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

guys it seems that there is a Samsung R60 which is €479, the barcode is 8808987609634, this was removed from sale by Tesco yesterday. The other two Samsungs red and black ARE priced at €299.49 those barcodes are: 8808987514310 and 8808987514303. That's all the details I have hope it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

The person in charge of the electrical department in Tullamore
    was shocked when I told him that some branches have the r60 black
    at 299, he said they have the red one at 299.

He told me to show him something that'll will show black r60 at 299
    in some branches and he'll see what he can do.

No harm in trying, i suppose... :)
    D

I got my R60 Plus - a black one - in Roscommon. I got it on Wednesday, I didn't see any of the red ones there - in fact when I went to the till to pay the girl told me that mine was the very last R60 left in the store, she couldn't even get one herself.

jbmcbcy; if the red ones are the same spec as the black why not just pick up a red one, or do you just really hate it in red? Tbh I actually would have preferred the red one but there you go! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

They had one half price Acer Desktop about 2 hours ago in Tesco-Mahon Point if anyone is interested. Don't know the specs or model number. Price is 299. Brought the oft-mentioned R60 samsung box up to customer services(again) and it was 479. I was really hoping that it was going to be 299!!

I got my R60 Plus - a black one - in Roscommon. I got it on Wednesday, I didn't see any of the red ones there - in fact when I went to the till to pay the girl told me that mine was the very last R60 left in the store, she couldn't even get one herself.

jbmcbcy; if the red ones are the same spec as the black why not just pick up a red one, or do you just really hate it in red? Tbh I actually would have preferred the red one but there you go! lol

I have no problem with the red one as red is my fave colour.
    The problem is, there's none left for red but there are some black ones in Tullamore are 479€.

Does your receipt say what brand, model and colour laptop you bought?

Ah I see! That's a pain! No alas my receipt is the same as CanonFan's it just states a "laptop" to the value of E299.49 - there's no mention of brand, model etc.. sorry!

Ah I see! That's a pain! No alas my receipt is the same as CanonFan's it just states a "laptop" to the value of E299.49 - there's no mention of brand, model etc.. sorry!

It is a pain, indeed. :( Especially that there's 2 of us in the house who would like to get our hands on them.

That's too bad... not even a barcode? :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

Best I saw was a celeron processor 80 gid hd home basic for 299. Do not consider that much of a bargain, is that the best specs

It is a pain, indeed. :( Especially that there's 2 of us in the house who would like to get our hands on them.

That's too bad... not even a barcode? :p:D

I'll check my receipt later on for you
    Best I saw was a celeron processor 80 gid hd home basic for 299. Do not consider that much of a bargain, is that the best specs

Yeah, that's not a great offer!

Dunno what exactly is the highest spec laptop that they were offering at 299, but at a guess I'd say it's the Samsung R60 Plus: 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, Pentium Dual Core, Vista Premium etc.. That's what I got anyhow and I think it was indeed bargaintastic!

I'll check my receipt later on for you

We would appreciate it very much, boardsie. :). Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

Yeah, that's not a great offer!

Dunno what exactly is the highest spec laptop that they were offering at 299, but at a guess I'd say it's the Samsung R60 Plus: 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, Pentium Dual Core, Vista Premium etc.. That's what I got anyhow and I think it was indeed bargaintastic!
    An R60 for 299!well done that is a lovely laptop great specs. They had one but not at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Was just in Dunes they had a poster up that showed Acer laptops for 299. No specs just says black and white, couldn’t see it in store.

Vain wrote: »
    Was just in Dunes they had a poster up that showed Acer laptops for 299. No specs just says black and white, couldn’t see it in store.
    It's the 8.9' Acer Aspire one A110L

Processor - Intel Atom N270 1.6 GHz
    RAM - 512 MB (installed) 1.5 GB (max) - DDR2 SDRAM
    Hard Drive - 8 GB
    Operating System - Linpus™ Linux® Lite version
    Screen - 8.9 in TFT active matrix 1024 x 600
    Graphics - Mobile Intel® 82801GBM Chipset

Not worth buying in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

that's the cheapest I've seen the acer aspire one for

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

I dunno if anyones checked and i havent, but i remember seeing these laptops at full price in tescos in bray and greystones might check tmrw but they might be on special there

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

I called into Tesco in Nenagh yesterday. They had lots of laptop stock on the shelves but nothing marked on sale price. I picked up an Acer Aspire 5051 Turion MK-36 2GHz, 1gb ddr2, 120gb hd which was marked €549 and brought it to the counter to check the price. When they rang it through the till the price was €274.49 so I bought it! :D Think the offer lasts til 24/08

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It's the 8.9' Acer Aspire one A110L

Processor - Intel Atom N270 1.6 GHz
    RAM - 512 MB (installed) 1.5 GB (max) - DDR2 SDRAM
    Hard Drive - 8 GB
    Operating System - Linpus™ Linux® Lite version
    Screen - 8.9 in TFT active matrix 1024 x 600
    Graphics - Mobile Intel® 82801GBM Chipset

Not worth buying in my opinion.
    I wouldnt be an expert on laptops but that would be a toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭muffler

swingking wrote: »
    that's the cheapest I've seen the acer aspire one for
    I bought this in Tesco 3 days ago
    Acer Aspire 7004WSMI (LX.AWS0Y.003)
    17" WXGA+ Display
    AMD Sempron 3500+
    1GB RAM
    80GB HD
    DVD Super Multi
    Wireless 802.11b/g
    Vista Basic
    Was: €599 Now: €299.49

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

muffler wrote: »
    I bought this in Tesco 3 days ago

In Letterkenny? just took a run in there now and they had the sign on the shelf for €299 laptops, but it was only €399 ones on the shelf, the staff said they'd been sold out for weeks and didn't know if more were coming in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

dannyd20 wrote: »
    I picked up an Acer Aspire 5051 Turion MK-36 2GHz, 1gb ddr2, 120gb hd which was marked €549 and brought it to the counter to check the price. When they rang it through the till the price was €274.49 so I bought it!

Check the cpu of this one and you may be surprised ;). I bought the same system this week, but while it says MK-36 (2.0GHz) on the box and on the sticker it is in fact an MK-38 (2.2GHz). So you got probably more than you were bargaining for, too ;)

Advertisement