Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

SetantaL wrote: »
    What about what SHE wants?

That's the point here- you're applying YOUR opinions onto other people. Let them make up their own minds and you make up yours.

I didn't say force I said "Want" I wouldn't force her to have the baby I would want/like her to have it.

I'm not applying my opinions to to anyone, I have my opinions I don't force them on to anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I would have no problem having an abortion. I wouldn't have to think it through- I already have to save time. I'd be on the next cheapest Ryanair flight to wherever did the cheapest abortions.

The only thing is the money issue, if I didn't have the money or the father wouldn't go 50:50 I would probably try to indue miscarriage: shoulders of vodka, lots of nurofen, try to get the abortion pill online. Tbh I wouldn't mind screwing up my body and damaging myself if it got the thing out of me.

To me abortion is killing a living thing. Yep it's alive, but I don'tthink that particularly means anything meaningful. I have no problem swatting a fly and taking its life, I don't see abortion as anything worse than that- after all, no one's going to miss it or even know it was alive.

I am a person, I am not a glorified incubator. I believe that having an abortion would be me removing my service as an incubator. If the father kicked up a fuss then he could collect the fetus and try to incubate it himself.

I have plenty of eggs, there's plenty of sperm in this world, I can make more babies in the future, so it would be no real loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Piste wrote: »
    The only thing is the money issue, if I didn't have the money or the father wouldn't go 50:50 I would probably try to indue miscarriage: shoulders of vodka, lots of nurofen, try to get the abortion pill online. Tbh I wouldn't mind screwing up my body and damaging myself if it got the thing out of me.
    So you would potentially nearly kill yourself/destroy your body rather than ask for help/loan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Thaedydal wrote: »
    if not for the nazi and their experiments in the camps other wise we would not have the oral contraceptive pill

This is completely untrue. Data collected by Nazi experimenters is also considered ethically unsound and not grounds to build upon.

For a brief history on the Oral Contraceptive Pill see :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_oral_contraceptive_pill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

This is completely untrue. Data collected by Nazi experimenters is also considered ethically unsound and not grounds to build upon.

For a brief history on the Oral Contraceptive Pill see :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_oral_contraceptive_pill

The data have have been been no good, but clearly the idea was.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolph_Butenandt

• Advertisement

hussey wrote: »
    So you would potentially nearly kill yourself/destroy your body rather than ask for help/loan?

What am I meant to do? Go to the bank and say "hey there, been a customer of yours for a long time and I'm in a wee bit of a pickle, any chance of a loan for an ol' abortion across the pond?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Friends! Family! I mean it's not going to come to much more than a grand, surely someone could help you out. :eek:

You should start an abortion jar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ah would it be even anywhere near a grand?

Isn't the credit union a give-loans-ask-no-questions kinda place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Yes actually I was thinking in £ to $. It's like £500 which is only about €650, not nearly enough to warrant self-induced miscarriage.

If you have a good record with them and can meet their stipulations the credit union is an option and yes between traveling and maybe needing to stay over and all the costs it can easily be somewhere between 700 and a 1,000 euro and then there is the fun having to get sterling.

Most young women find themselves easily 8 weeks preggers from their last period date, freaking out and having only 4/6 weeks to get the money together for the trip.

Where are someone in the UK can make an appointment and by week 9 pay about 100 euro and have taken the abortion pill induce a miscarriage those who have to travel have later term abortions which are phyically harder to recover from.

• Advertisement

What am I meant to do? Go to the bank and say "hey there, been a customer of yours for a long time and I'm in a wee bit of a pickle, any chance of a loan for an ol' abortion across the pond?"

Lie surely? I mean if you are willing to "screwing up my body and damaging myself" then I am sure you are willing to ask the bank/credit card company for a loan for a 'new computer'.

P.s. I am pro-choice, I just am baffled by your logic

Friends! Family! I mean it's not going to come to much more than a grand, surely someone could help you out. :eek:

You should start an abortion jar.

I should busk.

"Needz abortion plz"

Lie surely? I mean if you are willing to "screwing up my body and damaging myself" then I am sure you are willing to ask the bank/credit card company for a loan for a 'new computer'.

Yeah I dunno, don't like being in debt and havent much respect for mine or anyone else's body :pac:

I'm sure I could scrape together to money myself, like atm I could totally afford one, but this is hypothetical.

Yes actually I was thinking in £ to $. It's like £500 which is only about €650, not nearly enough to warrant self-induced miscarriage.
    +1 - that could lead to fertility problems Piste.[/friendly advice]

Vodka?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There's always the option to go to Holland/France and get it done for €200. The world doesn't stop at the cliffs of Dover.

Some people are not in the place to be able do that and buying a drug via the internet or trying old wifes tales or doing a Nancy with a coat hanger is what they choose in their desperation.

Vodka?
    Induced miscarriage.

Interesting.

Anyway it'll probably never come to that.

France sounds nice though, I like France, could make a holiday of it \o/

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Some people are not in the place to be able do that and buying a drug via the internet or trying old wifes tales or doing a Nancy with a coat hanger is what they choose in their desperation.

Yes, it is a very sad situation. But Piste is not pregnant, is of clear mind, and has what seems to be no objections to do this.

• Advertisement

It'd be a last resort like, desperate times etc...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

How about, Hi! I'd like to go on holiday?!?

Words escape me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Abortion as i see it, is the choice of both parents. Unless obviously rape or what have you, the father has 0 rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Or you could jsut add it to your sig, like Agent Smith did!

NedzAbortion/givepisteaeuro.com!

Sorry for o/t.. back to it!

It'd be a last resort like, desperate times etc...
    Tbh I wouldn't mind screwing up my body and damaging myself if it got the thing out of me.

well which one? You had a very carefree attitude the previous page.

I am picking at this, just in case of the 1 in a Million chance that someone will follow suit rather than taking a more logical approach.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I can Assure people what any donations to Givejoe1euro.com will not go towards abortions or abortion related costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I can Assure people what any donations to Givejoe1euro.com will not go towards abortions or abortion related costs.
    Will they go towards metal coat hanger production? For ... clothes shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Yeah joe we know what you're about.
    He's living in SE Asia, and those €1's pay for many many 15 year old thai ladyboys.

Sorry to drag a sensitive thread off topic, but thats the only direction this train is heading!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That's a shame. /puts euro away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

ok lads back on topic please.

Advertisement