Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

angel01 wrote: »
    Well done to all 3 but surely Maclean should have got the nomination, that is deeply unfair to me :(:(

Grrr. Ted Gannon should have got the nod :(

Snap about Maclean, and I would have liked to throw Thomas McLaughlin's name in the pot as well. I have always liked his episodes particularly the Halloween ones. I do hope Eamon Morrissey does well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Hey FC boardsies!! im back from the States, so whats been happening in FC? i see Bob Charles is back, Decco still alive?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:rolleyes: Jaysus she just took the phone out and straight away she is talking to her dad, he was very quick to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Is he not in prison...??

onway wrote: »
    Is he not in prison...??

Yeah, he was pretty fast taking the phone outta his arse:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Havent seen FC in three weeks, but Neasa looks so good tonight :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

the face on turlough! he was like "om nom nom" when neasa left hahahahaha
    :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Yeah, he was pretty fast taking the phone outta his arse:p

I was just wondering about that as well.. Have they all got direct dial numbers in the Joy now? Pretty poor lapse by the writers all the same.

the face on turlough! he was like "om nom nom" when neasa left hahahahaha

I think we all were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

I was just wondering about that as well.. Have they all got direct dial numbers in the Joy now? Pretty poor lapse by the writers all the same.
    I'd imagine most of the crime bosses have phone's inside :( one of them phoned the Joe Duffy show from one a couple of year's ago, and tbh I think the instant connection is down to the actor's lack of experience imo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Alice1

I'd imagine most of the crime bosses have phone's inside :( one of them phoned the Joe Duffy show from one a couple of year's ago, and tbh I think the instant connection is down to the actor's lack of experience imo...
    I think she has Daddy on "speed dial" - twas Daddy got her the phone and sent it to her via Eileen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

tbh I think the instant connection is down to the actor's lack of experience imo...

Which is where experienced actors and those behind the scenes should come in and advise. Anyway most people regardless of their age know that no matter how close you have the phone to you it takes a few moments to pick it up and answer it. And if it was turned off it would take a few seconds for the ......you have reached......... or what ever message to come in and for the beep to sound.

I'd imagine most of the crime bosses have phone's inside :( one of them phoned the Joe Duffy show from one a couple of year's ago

That lad was shot dead nearly immediately after getting out of prison, so I think this may have discouraged other from doing so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Which is where experienced actors and those behind the scenes should come in and advise. Anyway most people regardless of their age know that no matter how close you have the phone to you it takes a few moments to pick it up and answer it. And if it was turned off it would take a few seconds for the ......you have reached......... or what ever message to come in and for the beep to sound.
    I do agree with that Deise Tom, but I was thinking about it earlier, as to why anyone would do it, and I wonder if its just bad editing?, because there are times I find the editing obivous ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I have been trying desperately not to criticise FC on this thread, but honestly, she rings her dad in prison who in turn rings Zumo? That was very bad script writing and won't go down well with the prison service, I'm sure!!!!

And what teenager would slag off a cancer patient:confused::confused: I've heard of bullies, but that just takes the biscuit.

Having said that, I really like Zumo and his brother and I feel they are just being honest in their acting. There is nothing worse than a person really trying to be a 'real dub', when they're not a real dub (or, insert the appropriate county!) so Zumo & co are doing very well.

The fact that there was no high chair or toys or mention of babies in Paul & Niamhs place (until the baby started crying) was wrong too - there was a book opened on a table - it was easily a book for 5yr olds. Have none of the script writers got 6/8 month old babies and seen how a living/dining/kitchen room should look when there is one of them in the house???

Anyway, good to see paul back, even if he's moaning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

thought slagging a cancer survivor was a bit OTT imo... i mean i got some awful slaggin in school myself, but it wouldn't have been as nasty as what was said this evening. do kids actually say that kinda nasty sh1t?

as for the phone thing, well it's a soap.. i don't think people are going to want to watch someone stand idle pretending to wait for a phone to ring for a normal call connection waiting time!

agree with ringing her da in prison. she doesn't know the guy and is close to him without ever having seen him? and i would have thought she'd ring zumo right off the bat instead of anyone else.
    thought barry might have said something also when he saw the kids bullying her...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

STIG83 wrote: »
    but Neasa looks so good tonight :eek:
    As usual.....HOT HOT HOT;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

The phone call tonight was desperate! Surely the director should have said something to the child. It's just very lazy imo. You'd never see something like that on the other soaps. If fair city wants to be the consistently best soap, then things like this are too plentiful and need to be sorted out.

Bored of Zumos hard man act. It's all he does!
    Bob was great tonight! He really has a crocodiles smile!!

My new years wish list is too have Dean and Tracey back!! I missed a good bit over Christmas, has Dean left the show?? I hope not, I loved him and very easy on the aul eye!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Three IFTA nominations for Fair City. Sarah Flood for Best Actress, Eamon Morrissey for Best Supporting Actor, and Hilary Reynolds for Best Writer. All well-deserved, in my opinion, but I feel bad for Maclean Burke.

http://tinyurl.com/625emey

I doubt they'll win the main ones against the more fashionable entries like Love/Hate, but I hope Eamonn Morrissey has a chance. He's such a respected figure, and it would be nice to see him get something.

Shame neither Maclean Burke or Bryan Murray were nominated - both have been fantastic this year.

Haven't had a look at all the noms yet, but heard Brian Gleeson is up for Best Supporting Actor, so I doubt Eamonn Morrissey stands a chance there to be honest.

Very surprised to see Sarah Flood getting nominated.. I thought a few of the scenes with her and damian were very, very poor.

Bob is still miles ahead of the rest of the cast..

• Advertisement

I was thinking last night of who my top 3 all time favourite characters in FC would be.
    1. Billy Meehan - he would teach the Bishops a thing or two !
    2. Hannah - told it like it was and never held back
    3. Ann Clarke - cougar ( need i say any more )

Any thoughts ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I thought the phone call bit was very badly done.

She could have just said 'I'm going to call my dad' and walked away. Or why didn't she just call Zumo in the first place.

I'm so happy Bob is back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

max life wrote: »
    I was thinking last night of who my top 3 all time favourite characters in FC would be.
    1. Billy Meehan - he would teach the Bishops a thing or two !
    2. Hannah - told it like it was and never held back
    3. Ann Clarke - cougar ( need i say any more )

Any thoughts ?

1. Billy Meehan - he did the believable nasty villain very well and the best character they have ever had (IMO)
    2. Bob Charles - He has made that role his own and one of the best FC characters.
    3. Anne Clarke/Eunice - Both wonderful characters

Very notable mentions also go to Mags Kelly, Carol Foley and Barry O'Hanlon and someone who I have grown to love (who I used to hate) Cass! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

1. Bob Charles - thought the homeless storyline was one of the best storylines the show has ever done, but overall he's the perfect Machivellian character.

2. Billy Meehan - Anyone who grew up in this country knows the name Billy Meehan - not only the shows greatest storyline, probably one of the greatest storylines on Irish television. Fantastic character.

3. Harry Molloy - Absolute legend. 'nuff said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I do agree with that Deise Tom, but I was thinking about it earlier, as to why anyone would do it, and I wonder if its just bad editing?, because there are times I find the editing obivous ...

What ever it was it did not look good. Its time that those responsible for putting the show together got their act together as it has become real shoddy of late which is a pity as they were drawing in big numbers around the time of the domestic abuse story.

I forgot about Harry and his black hat. The only time i ever seen him without that hat was when he was in bed with Shelley :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I think my love of Harry started after he left the show. Just because he had a 'no bs' attitude.

Behind the scenes - Snow in Carrigstown

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/behindthescenes/1415653.html

'Fair City' star Bryan Murray has warned that his character Bob's relationship with Turlough may become "poisonous".

Speaking about Bob's decision to reveal the cause of his son's death, the actor said: "Bob has never shared this secret with anyone before. "He has been holding this secret inside for years and it has eaten him up. The loss of his son has made him become bitter and twisted."

"He will never forgive himself and seems determined to make everyone else's life miserable as well. But now that he has released himself of this terrible truth, will he be able to atone for his sins?"

"Even though they clash Turlough and Bob have a lot in common. Both have done horrific things in the past and have lost loved ones." But Turlough seems to have made a genuine turn around. He is telling everyone he was a con artist and is asking their forgiveness. He believes Bob can change as well."

"But has he taken on more than he can handle? This 'friendship' could become very poisonous."

• Advertisement

Could bob murder Turlough or vise-versa:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement