Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

angel01 wrote: »

i seriously lol'd hard at that!!!
    Deise Tom wrote: »
    Whats wrong with having to use a wheel chair.

i think he was pointing out that it seems out of character for neasa.
    i'd like to think he doesn't have personal issues with wheelchairs or age gaps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dubhillbilly

I agree. I think Neasa was originally portrayed as someone quite shallow and vindictive. She didn't care that Damien was married, she came across as the type of woman who only goes for the married man to satisfy her own ego. She set her sights on Damien and she went hell-bent for him. Now she's being portrayed as the polar opposite and I just don't buy that she would be swooned by Turlough... he's not really a challenge for her like Damien was...

On a side note I saw Niamh, Sarah and Neasa in Funderland too last weekend. They were with three hunky guys.. must've been their respective others... I agree it's strange to think of them as anything outside the show but they seemed to be having a lot of fun together and posed for photos for anyone who asked which is really nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Now who is being judgemental? :rolleyes: You don't have to date someone the same age as you? What does being in a wheelchair have to do with it? Why does it even matter and why is it even being mentioned?

She was after Louie who was older than her? Do you think Damien was good enough for her? I know you are an uberfan or whatever but sometimes it feels like you don't talk about anything else than her.. Maybe you are Neasa :eek:
    I wasnt being judgemental. I was talking about the character Neasa. She is portrayed as very shallow and selfish.
    Thats not my opinion on people in wheelchairs. One of my best friends is in a wheelchair so i have an idea of the problems and stereotyping that goes with that. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

i think he was pointing out that it seems out of character for neasa.

Does not come across that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

I have never watched Fair City. I grew up in the same housing estate as Maclean Burke (Damien) and tonight watched some clips on you tube of the domestic violence. Now I really want to see some episodes but I cant see them on the RTE website. Where can I watch and how far can I go back? Is this storyline still running......never realised Fair City could have captured my interest so much!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭glengirlie

I have never watched Fair City. I grew up in the same housing estate as Maclean Burke (Damien) and tonight watched some clips on you tube of the domestic violence. Now I really want to see some episodes but I cant see them on the RTE website. Where can I watch and how far can I go back? Is this storyline still running......never realised Fair City could have captured my interest so much!!!!!
    RTE do not make Fair City available on RTE player due to something to do with the actors guild as far as I know.Its a pain imo :( My only suggestion is to contact Fair City HQ and ask them where you would be able to source them. I imagine it would only be a quick email. They tend not to be available on You Tube or anything. Other than that, perhaps google it. Often websites do carry back eps of programmes. Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

I am so disappointed!!!! Here I am sitting here ready for a fair city marathon......tell me this much is she still beating him? Are they still married and living together? I will be tuning in from now on for sure!!! Thanks also for letting me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I am so disappointed!!!! Here I am sitting here ready for a fair city marathon......tell me this much is she still beating him? Are they still married and living together? I will be tuning in from now on for sure!!! Thanks also for letting me know!

No they are seperated now, Damien is attending a help group, his wife Suzanne has left the show for a short while I believe.

Welcome along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Does not come across that way.

ah well sure he explained himself there above your post :)
    max life wrote: »
    I wasnt being judgemental. I was talking about the character Neasa. She is portrayed as very shallow and selfish.
    Thats not my opinion on people in wheelchairs. One of my best friends is in a wheelchair so i have an idea of the problems and stereotyping that goes with that. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

Is Niamh pregnant in real life. Also where did rita really go to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Oh shit yo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

PcAngel wrote: »
    Is Niamh pregnant in real life.

She looks it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

amacachi wrote: »
    She looks it anyway.

Yeah I thought so too..

PcAngel wrote: »
    Is Niamh pregnant in real life. Also where did rita really go to?

Rita is quite ill in reality :(

I have thought Niamh looks pregnant for quite a while now :o if not, she has a really bad stylist :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Rita is quite ill in reality :( I have thought Niamh looks pregnant for quite a while now :o if not, she has a really bad stylist :D

Or she's just endorsed a new range of Chinese tents...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

LOVED tonights show. Putting Damien and Wayne in the same house was a brilliant idea. Thought the dating agency story was hilarious. Wayne is such a funny character.

jos28 wrote: »
    LOVED tonights show. Putting Damien and Wayne in the same house was a brilliant idea. Thought the dating agency story was hilarious. Wayne is such a funny character.

Damien and Wayne are brilliant together. I love Wayne like you would not believe, I was watching last weeks episodes yesterday and he had me in hysterics. He is one of the best FC characters and actors for me. He is very funny and brilliant to watch. :D

00041d64-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 013

Tuesday 18th January

A dressed up Carol acts casual about Louie's return.
    Orla and Yvonne's new friendship doesn't last too long.
    Deegan pays the Bishops a visit in the hope of identifying the 'canal' body.
    Bob is surprised by Louie's relaxed attitude. What could have Louie in such a good mood?
    Neasa and Turlough share their stories.
    Decco runs home to mother.
    Carol gives Louie a warm welcome home!
    Written by Rachel Kilfeather.

00041d66-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 014

Wednesday 19th January

Carol has a major attack of conscience.
      Neasa loses sympathy for Turlough's situation.
      A disgruntled Bob almost catches Carol and Louie in flagrante.
      Louie's civility continues to confound Bob.
      Yvonne has a very quiet dinner party.
      Carol becomes more adept at lying.
      And Neasa gets rejected.
      Written by Rachel Kilfeather.

00041d67-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 015

Thursday 20th January

Deegan becomes more suspicious about Decco's whereabouts.
        Niamh asks Orla to give Yvonne a chance.
        Carol gives Turlough advice on his love life.
        Louie's good mood is over.
        The surgery reports another robbery.
        Carol avoids a night in with Christy.
        Yvonne and Orla bond over lasagne.
        And Deegan comes knocking with a warrant.
        Written by Ken Harmon.

00041d68-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 016

Sunday 23rd January

Carol pulls a sickie, blaming Orla's cooking.
          Decco gives false information to Deegan.
          Neasa is coy about her date.
          Yvonne and Christy gossip about Louie's love life.
          Tommy reacts badly to Neasa's date.
          The Bishops face up to Ritchie Lennon.
          Written by Shona McCarthy.
          Director Simon Gibney.
          Location Director Alan Robinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

Loving the wayne/dolores/pete scenes, very funny :D
          Great to see Damien having good times again, hope he fully recovers from the hard times he has gone through.

Another poster asked about Dean a few pages back, I want to know where he is too, he definitely should be mixing with Wayne and Damien these days. Hope they are not going to just bring him back a week or so before Tracey arrives back, that would be fairly lazy of the writers.

Oh and has anyone noticed that the makeup dept have gone overboard on Rachel lately, she looks ridiculously brown, hope someone tells her soon.

• Advertisement
        • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

SoapFan27 wrote: »
          Oh and has anyone noticed that the makeup dept have gone overboard on Rachel lately, she looks ridiculously brown, hope someone tells her soon.

Yeah, it looks really bad - and she's such a lovely looking girl. I think Niamh would have pulled her up on it by now!

Great to see Damien having good times again, hope he fully recovers from the hard times he has gone through.

Another poster asked about Dean a few pages back, I want to know where he is too, he definitely should be mixing with Wayne and Damien these days. Hope they are not going to just bring him back a week or so before Tracey arrives back, that would be fairly lazy of the writers.

To me they have tried to make her too grown up too early, I remember wearing lots of make up after I have left the house but it seems Paul & Niamh don't really care :eek: She looks way older than Zak and Charlotte..

I know I am probably boring the world to tears here but I am loving watching Wayne & Damien.. come to think of it, Wayne with anyone, always makes it enjoyable for me. :o:D It is so nice to see Dolores & Pete happy :)

Would have loved to have met those actors :(

Good to see Decco back!

Just another reminder, vote for Fair City to get some silverware at the IFTA Awards!

http://www.rte.ie/ten/tvawards2010/vote.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I actually noticed this last night as well. Her hair seemed weird as well, like they thinned it out at the ends. Bit of a mushroom head on her now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I hope this is not history repeating itself (but it would be a terrific storyline if it was the case - weird but different). Is young Rachel going to develop a crush on Barry - just like her stepmother did all those years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

I agree re Dean. I love his scenes with Leo! They are another comedy duo like ray and Keith, jo and dermot and Wayne and Damien! Was there an episode that explained where he went?? I might have missed it. I loved his story with Tracey. The scene in the snow sticks in my mind. It was beautiful. I think it was last Christmas?? Angel am I right?? Lol!!

This Sunday & Next week!

Sunday

Decco is released from custody and Deegan and Vivienne fail to persuade him to shop Ritchie. He relents and tells them that Ritchie is in Amsterdam. He later admits to Zumo that he made that up. Carol pretends to be sick so she doesn't have to go to work. Neasa is coy with her family when they learn she is going on a lunch date. They wonder if it's serious as she is so excited. Decco learns that Ritchie knows where he is and he has to meet him. Vivienne rises to Eileen's challenge to accompany Decco to meet Ritchie. Zumo offers to go too.

Bob and Turlough meet Neasa and he references his history with Neasa to Turlough. She glares at Bob as she leaves. Yvonne lets slip to Niamh that Orla cheated and Niamh downgrades her mark to a five. Orla argues with her saying that she is enjoying being a mean person. Judith calls to Vivienne and realises that it was her who took the painkillers. She agrees to turn a blind eye to it.

Yvonne warns Turlough about Neasa's fickleness with men. Neasa tells him they don't get on well. Turlough states that he doesn't care about Neasa's past. The Bishops meets Ritchie and his gang. Vivienne tells him that Decco wants out and Decco pleads with Ritchie. Zumo tells Ritchie that Decco did not rat on him to the guards and only gave false leads. Vivienne warns Ritchie that the Bishops have a strong backbone and if anything happens to her son he'll be sorry. Ritchie leaves.

Tommy meets Turlough and Neasa and is shocked to learn they are on a date. Tommy tells Turlough he is too old for his daughter and is taking advantage of her. Neasa tells him he has a problem because Turlough is in a wheelchair. Neasa tells Turlough she doesn’t want anyone to come between them. Louie insists to Yvonne that there is nothing happening between himself and Neasa. She confides in Louie that Carol has pre-wedding doubts.

Vivienne is surprised and delighted when Decco apologises to her and expresses hope that they can start again. Louie calls to Carol, who is working in Phelans, and tells her he knows she is not sick. She cries saying she doesn’t know what to do as she doesn't want to hurt Christy. They kiss passionately. With the help of Neasa, Turlough stands up and walks.

Tuesday
          In the early morning, Bob catches Carol knocking on Louie's door. She pretends that she has lost her keys but Bob's suspicions are raised. Dolores tells Pete that she’s going to the donor seminar and Pete assures her she’ll be fine. In the Dillons' den, Caoimhe tells her parents that she doesn’t want any fuss about her 21st birthday. Tommy tells Neasa that she is with a middle-aged waster and neither he or her mother are happy with her boyfriend.

Carol freaks out to Louie about Bob knowing. She tells Louie that she's going to confess to Christy about their relationship. Dolores goes to the donor conference and meets a girl called Lucy Mallon who tells Dolores she read about her on the donor website. They bond and Dolores learns that Lucy may have Jessica's corneas as she had the transplant six years ago in February 2005. Later she confides in Wayne that she may have met the recipient of Jessica's corneas.

Caoimhe flirts with Decco to annoy Tommy and he reacts angrily. In the surgery, Vivienne expresses her concern to Judith about Decco staying with them. While Judith is sympathetic, she does warn her not to steal painkillers from her again. Tommy arrives in and tells Judith that Caoimhe cannot hang around with Decco and Judith needs to tell her. In McCoys, Carol fights with Louie in front of Bob to put him off the scent. Louie tells Carol that she may have roused his suspicions even more. They row for real this time and Louie tells her that she is letting Bob ruin their love life.

Lucy meets Wayne and Dolores in McCoys and reveals that her parents are having a hard time but doesn’t reveal what is happening to them. In the Hungry Pig, Caoimhe reveals to Neasa that she fancies Dean. She admits to using Decco to make her dad unhappy and Neasa warns her that it could end in tears. In another corner of the Hungry Pig, Decco asks Vivienne if he can stay for a while longer. She reluctantly agrees.

Turlough and Neasa's time in the park is ruined when Bob approaches and tells Neasa that she owes him a favour and if she doesn't spy on Louie and Carol, he’ll reveal to Turlough her secret past. In the surgery, Decco arrives in wearing his best shirt to impress Caoimhe but pretends that he wants to see Judith about his arm. Caoimhe is extra nice and leads him on. In McCoys, Bob tells Neasa that he will tell Turlough that she accused an innocent man of rape if she doesn't spy on Carol and Louie.

Wayne admits to Pete and Dolores that he fancies Lucy. Decco admits to Vivienne that he fancies Caoimhe and she encourages it saying that the Dillons are no better than them. In the Dillon household, Caoimhe agrees to have a 21st birthday party in the house if she can bring Decco. Neasa also insists that she wants to bring Turlough. Tommy loses his temper with them. Pete warns Dolores not to get too attached to Lucy. A stressed and frustrated Neasa agrees to spy for Bob.

Wednesday
          Bob reminds Neasa of their deal and she questions why he is doing this. Wayne visits Pete and Dolores, plying them with shampoo gifts and asking them to put in a good word to Lucy for him. Caoimhe agrees to have a party so that she can get Dean to go along to it as he will cater for it. Outside Phelans, Carol makes a show of being loved-up with Christy in front of Bob. Lucy calls to Dolores and confides to her that her parents are in financial difficulties.

In McCoys' backroom, Carol and Louie share a passionate kiss. Louie reminds her that the longer they go behind Christy's back, the harder it will be for them. She tells him that she wants to forget about it for one night. In the surgery, Decco calls to take his mum out for lunch just so he can talk to Caoimhe. Caoimhe tells Tommy that she’s having her party and Decco overhears this. She asks him to fix the magazine and laughs behind his back which Judith spots.

A distraught Neasa witnesses a loving exchange between Carol and Louie which confirms her worst fears that they are together. She tries to prick Carol's conscience about it later hinting that you should be honest to your partner. Caoimhe asks a delighted Dean to cater for the party and to go clubbing with her afterwards. Neasa tells Caoimhe that she wants to tell Turlough what happened between her, Damien and Bob. In Vivienne's, she spots a really expensive bracelet that Decco bought for Caoimhe and tells him not to give it. Decco furiously accuses her of not thinking he is good enough.

Turlough reveals his past to Neasa in order for her to come clean to him. But his faith in her innocence makes her go along with a story that Bob concocts. In Vinos, Pete, Dolores, Wayne and Lucy have dinner. Pete quietly suggests to Wayne that Dolores may be convincing herself of the link between her and Jessica. Despite his feelings for Lucy, Wayne becomes uneasy. Judith realises that Caoimhe has lead Decco on and asks her to rectify the situation. After dinner in Vinos, Wayne unhappily admits to Pete that Lucy may not be as innocent as she looks. A tearful Neasa is forced to tell Bob that Louie and Carol are having an affair.

Thursday
          Wayne resolves to speak to Dolores about Lucy. Bob watches knowingly as Christy pleads with Carol to decide where she wants the wedding as it's only six weeks away and they have nothing planned. Lucy calls around to Dolores's house offering to pay for some of the food or taxi that Dolores paid for last night. Dolores refuses to take the money. She goes to the kitchen and Wayne barges in not realising that Lucy is there, saying that he doesn’t approve of Lucy. Neasa warns Bob to keep her involvement a secret and that she has her debt paid to Bob. He decides to go with Turlough to McCoys and try and figure out how he is going to announce his news.

Wayne follows Lucy to try and apologise and she tells him that he won’t be seeing her after today. Decco rejects Vivienne's apology saying that she is a snob and she was worried that history would repeat itself. He goes to Caoimhe's desk and asks her if she’s looking forward to the party. She informs him that it’s family only and he is mortified. Vivienne then attacks Caoimhe telling her she knows that she has been making fun of Decco behind his back and tells her she's watching him. Louie uses Carol's worries over Bob to put pressure on her to tell Christy of the affair.

Dolores and Lucy meet for their ‘last lunch’. Dolores coaxes information from Lucy about her parents' financial information and she reveals that they owe €5,000. Wayne enters and while Dolores calls him a ‘thoughtless lump of a son’, he pays for their meal as an apology. In McCoys pub, Judith tells Tommy that she doesn't think herself and Vivienne work well together anymore. Bob and Turlough enter the pub and Neasa fears that Bob is going to reveal all. Tommy misinterprets this and thinks that Turlough is upsetting her. Bob calls on Louie and Neasa, who is sick with worry and faints to take the attention away from them. Tommy and Turlough rush to her side and out of guilt she rejects Turlough in favour of Tommy.

Charlotte has lunch with Decco and he lets her miss the rest of school to go to the cinema with him. Caoimhe enters and to spite Vivienne asks a thrilled Decco to the party. A smitten Wayne is delighted when Lucy agrees to go for coffee with him. Christy corners Carol and tells her that they need to book a wedding venue. She pretends that Bob is harassing her for a job and is stressing her out. Decco raises cash for Caoimhe's party by shifting stolen goods. He has decided to get another surprise for the night. He tells a depressed Vivienne that he’s going to the 21st.

Bob accuses Neasa of faking her illness to prevent him from revealing the affair. Pete reveals to Wayne that Lucy was looking for €5,000 for her parents. In Dolores's apartment, Lucy gratefully accepts a cheque from a maternal Dolores. Back in Bob and Turlough's house, Turlough warns Bob not to try and blackmail Louie. Neasa calls over and he warns her that her lies are putting their relationship in jeopardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Just another reminder, vote for Fair City to get some silverware at the IFTA Awards!

http://www.rte.ie/ten/tvawards2010/vote.html

Done and Dusted - if I win that comp you're my date for the night btw:D

deelite wrote: »
          Done and Dusted - if I win that comp you're my date for the night btw:D

Likewise :D:D We could mingle with the Fair City stars again... ;):D

Some really good episodes coming up from reading those spoilers..:)

• Advertisement

Eradicate wrote: »
          I agree re Dean. I love his scenes with Leo! They are another comedy duo like ray and Keith, jo and dermot and Wayne and Damien! Was there an episode that explained where he went?? I might have missed it. I loved his story with Tracey. The scene in the snow sticks in my mind. It was beautiful. I think it was last Christmas?? Angel am I right?? Lol!!

You are correct :P I loved the scene in the snow with Tracey, beautiful scene...

No he has wandered off, must have took Leo with him :(:(

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement