Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

julyjane wrote: »
    Maybe it's a dormer bungalow :confused:

I think because it was Hannahs old house I just always assumed it was a typical 2 up 2 down but I don't ever remember whether there was really a stairs or not.

I wish Damien would give his own house a lick of paint, all those dark colours are there since Tess and Marty's time :( Could really do with brightening the place up.

Is Tracey coming back anytime? I'm guessing she's on maternity leave judging by the big bags she used to carry in front of her stomach

I think Tracey will be back later this year, It took Una a long time to come back and now she is going again :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Hey All,
    Long time viewer of this thread, first time poster.
    Huge fan of Fair City and have decided to take the plunge and join the party!!

Charlie's daughter is Bernie :)

Hey All,
    Long time viewer of this thread, first time poster.
    Huge fan of Fair City and have decided to take the plunge and join the party!!

Charlie's daughter is Bernie :)

Hi there,

Welcome along to the thread, the more the merrier :)

Thank you so much.. Bernie it is then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Thanks Angel or should I say Mrs Gleeson to be? :)
    Would love to see Anne Clarke back - she could hook up with Wayne who seems to have a thing for "cougars"
    Would love to see Darren Doyle back (Niall O'Shea was so cute back in the day) Maybe he could help heal Sarah's heartbreak?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

max life wrote: »
    Are there any characters that anybody would like to see back in FC?

Sylvester Garrigan & Anthony Farrell to give Carol more of a choice.
    Lauren McAleer.
    Peter Brennan
    Nicola/Oisin/New Child, Philipa & Donal Maher
    Magda Reyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

julyjane wrote: »
    I wish Damien would give his own house a lick of paint, all those dark colours are there since Tess and Marty's time :( Could really do with brightening the place up.
    This is one of my pet hates! imo most of the sets really do need to be updated, they are so dull and out of date!! I wish they would match the sets to the characters, I mean just look at Louie's sittingroom :confused: If its due to the budget well they must have spent a small fortune on introducing the Dillon family, the house, wardrobe for 6 new characters, and the Doctor's office... Surely they could have given a facelife to the sets that are used more often. Didn't we see a toilet in McCoys a while ago, don't think we've seen it since?

angel01 wrote: »
    Troy
    At least we know he's doing well in the UK, I just saw him in that new Meteor add ;):D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Epicurus wrote: »
    Sylvester Garrigan

probably the greatest soap character ever. The actor was also in Glenroe - played a "King of the Travellers". Also super.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Been away for a while, and just catching up with the episodes and more impotantly, the thread. It's brilliant to see so many new people, and the banter is great fun. (Laughing at Cardill!) I don't see any problems with having both kinds of fans, the super-supportive and the slagging type. It al adds to the fun.

I can't remember who suggested bringing back old characters, but my nominees would be -

Hughie and Natalie (especially Hughie)
    Duncan
    Louise Doyle - she was too young to be an interesting character, for me, but I always thought she was a great little actress.

Should we collect nominations and put a poll up?

• Advertisement

Been away for a while, and just catching up with the episodes and more impotantly, the thread. It's brilliant to see so many new people, and the banter is great fun. (Laughing at Cardill!) I don't see any problems with having both kinds of fans, the super-supportive and the slagging type. It al adds to the fun.

I can't remember who suggested bringing back old characters, but my nominees would be -

Hughie and Natalie (especially Hughie)
    Duncan
    Louise Doyle - she was too young to be an interesting character, for me, but I always thought she was a great little actress.

Should we collect nominations and put a poll up?
    Welcome back! :) Same as myself Meeja, I've been away for a while aswell, and they've sure been busy here, it's Great!! Good idea about the poll! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

yeah why not!

yes bring back donal! blue dolphin LOL

angela
    donal
    kay
    tracey
    troy (he was cute too!)
    jasmine
    farrah
    louise
    darren
    & yes pauline too!

i wish we would could have hannah back :(
    & eunice as well :(
    imagine eunice & esther together nattering away OMG LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I would like to see Lauren back. It would give Neasa a bit of competition in the glamour stakes ;)
    They could bring back Farrah. When Christy finds out about Louie and Carol, that would be an opportune time for a visit from her.
    Did Darren have a fling with Sarah? I seem to remember him chasing after someone older but not sure who it was.
    Maybe they could bring back Linda...just to annoy Barry :D
    Hughie and Natalie were a great double act. We have not seen Hughie since Eunices' funeral. He seemed to change in them years though.
    I dont think they would bring back Kay McCoy. It would be weird to see her in Carrigstown without being behind the bar.
    Would love to see Ann Clarke back. See how Jo would react.:D
    Damien and Wayne could fight over her because they are both fond of the older ladies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

They could bring back Farrah. When Christy finds out about Louie and Carol, that would be an opportune time for a visit from her.

I can't see Farrah ever coming back again really. She didn't come back for Floyds funeral, Eunices funeral or when Renee with off with Bob.
    Did Darren have a fling with Sarah? I seem to remember him chasing after someone older but not sure who it was.

Yes, Darren and Sarah were together for a while. She finished with him when she realised that he was too imature for her.

Good to see you back Meeja, you have been missed (well by me anyway :D)

I have been thinking of more people I would love to see return, I think a return of Damien & Mark's sister Laura would be good, I think Damo needs more family around him and she would add something to the Halpins.

I know lots don't like Heather and/or Brendan but I always liked them and would like one day to see them back.

Maybe Renee could return but I think they have done all they really can with her character, maybe now Turlough & Bob are reunited and Christy's marriage is on the way, she can turn up to spoil it all!

I have to add Geraldine - would be a brilliant character to have returned, she always entertained me.

I would add Garrigan and what was that sleezy solicitor guy that used to love Carol.. bring him back :D

I loved Anne Clarke, she was a brilliant character!

Thanks Angel or should I say Mrs Gleeson to be? :)
    Would love to see Anne Clarke back - she could hook up with Wayne who seems to have a thing for "cougars"
    Would love to see Darren Doyle back (Niall O'Shea was so cute back in the day) Maybe he could help heal Sarah's heartbreak?

I did mention to Brigie (producer of the show), I would gladly play the role of Louie's ex-wife :D

Sorry one more post... Just watched last weeks episodes and I have to say I absolutely love Wayne. I find him more fun to watch and I always have a good laugh. Great character and love how he doesn't trust Pete and looking out for Dolores.

so all in all, I adore Wayne. That is all :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Leo's dead wife (Lana) was on Brendan O'Connor last night - enough said.

deelite wrote: »

Oh must watch that on the RTE player...

whooo 11,000 posts! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

deelite wrote: »

What a fruit cake.

• Advertisement

Deise Tom wrote: »
    What a fruit cake.
    She was a bit ditzy. Very funny though..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Baby4 wrote: »
    Deegan still lives with Ray :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

As far as i can remember, he got a transfer to Galway a few years ago. Myles Byrne was his name.

As far as i can remember, he got a transfer to Galway a few years ago. Myles Byrne was his name.
    He's one I'd love to see back aswell. I remember reading here that he is a nephew of Richard Harris.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Did she go back into the convent. She was a bit, I dont know what, wasnt she. Would not be much of an addition. She was like one brain washed by old nuns that she had lived with.

He's one I'd love to see back aswell. I remember reading here that he is a nephew of Richard Harris.
    I would like to see him back in FC with Sorcha and Jenny. Jenny was a minx :D

Would love to see the detective Rory come back, he was a hottie :D

It always seems they only ever want to have one member of the police around, Jennifer left, Myles left, and Ian left and yet Deegan remains! :D

I actually liked Tracey's sister and thought she had potential, something a bit different to other characters :)

• Advertisement

I would like to see the galley open up again. Just for a bit of variety. I think Tracy will be back by Easter..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement