Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Good storyline with Bob and Turlough living together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

Deise Tom wrote: »
    What is the idea of the road between the Shop and the Community Centre. It might have been shown before but last night it was clear to see that all there is was a bricked up wall a few feet down it. Was it more poor camera work/directing again by those involved.
    I don't know why or for what reason but I always thought the garage was down there? (But my compass could be off kilter :o ) One thing I did think about was, could someone not have cleared the snow? I could hardly hear what they were saying on the street with all the crunching going on behind them! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

angel01 wrote: »
    Dean hasn't been around in a while.. not sure where he has vanished to and even worse, where is Leo :(:(

Did you not know?? He is out looking for his missing wife Lana:D,
    think dean is helping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

blondie7 wrote: »
    Carol said the other night that Treacys house was a bunglow, was this always the case, i always thought there only two storeys on Fair city. Did anyone else think it weird the scene where pete was in Damiens talking about Cass, there was just something with the laughing and the lines that seemed weird i cant pin point what exactly

Yeah, I thought teh same thing when she said that....I was fairly certain it had stairs when Kylie and Tracey were living there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I don't know why or for what reason but I always thought the garage was down there? (But my compass could be off kilter :o ) One thing I did think about was, could someone not have cleared the snow? I could hardly hear what they were saying on the street with all the crunching going on behind them! :confused:

I was of the same view re the garage. If that is suppose to be where it is you would think they would have a gap in a way to leave us think it was in such a spot, or not show down the ally way at all. You would not see Corri show what is suppose to be behind the Bridge between the Rovers and the Health Centre. Also agree with the snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

liam7831 wrote: »
    Did you not know?? He is out looking for his missing wife Lana:D,

I hope has wasn't watching the Saturday Night Show: http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1088450

Good news: she's alive.

Bad news: erm, the phrase "box of frogs" comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

annieire wrote: »
    Blondie, i can't actually remember but i do know that someone explained it a few days ago so i would check back through the previous posts. :)

Cass could really do with another jacket...like really!

In fairness Bela had the same jacket for about 15 years :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Neasa will be on screen this week..Happy days!!!!! :D:D
    I hope we see more of Ritchie Lennon and Decco. I hope Decco gets his comeuppance

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JP Liz V1
    When did Niamh become pally with Carol and Yvonne (from the picture above it looks like them and Orla are at her place for girls night out)

Just a few weeks ago, Niamh felt really sorry for Yvonne who was still in denial about being Ruth's mum. She tried to make Yvonne feel comfortable about being part of the extended family for Rachel's school project. Yvonne seemed grateful in the end. I think we're supposed to see that they're building bridges.

Jane Eyre wrote: »
    Just a few weeks ago, Niamh felt really sorry for Yvonne who was still in denial about being Ruth's mum. She tried to make Yvonne feel comfortable about being part of the extended family for Rachel's school project. Yvonne seemed grateful in the end. I think we're supposed to see that they're building bridges.
    WTF!! I wouldn't care how much denial Yvonne was in, it would be a cold day in hell! and only over my dead body that I'd let the woman my husband slept with and had a baby with through my front door! never mind sit and drink with her! :mad: I really find that story hard to swallow :confused: Build Bridges! I throw her off one!! :D:D

• Advertisement

Sunday
    Zumo pleads with Denzo to keep quiet about Decco's disappearance and not upset Eileen on her birthday. Bob apologises for not believing Turlough and encourages him to exercise his legs. Yvonne takes Rachel and Ruth out so that Paul and Niamh can work together on the garage accounts. The Bishops arrive at Vivienne's for Eileen's birthday celebrations. Denzo and Zumo give Eileen a present from Decco, pretending he can't make it.

Wayne tells Dolores to keep the night free as he has a surprise for her. Yvonne advises Rachel on helping Paul and Niamh have quality time together and she organises a night out in Vinos for them. She reveals this to them and tells them to stop fighting as she is worried they will split up. Bob reveals to Carol that Turlough could walk if he just did the exercise.

The Bishops begin to fight during the meal but it stops when Denzo gets a text saying a body has been found in the canal. They reveal to a distraught Eileen that they are worried it might be Decco. Zumo leaves to get information about the body that has been found. Later on, Eileen and Denzo blame Zumo for not letting Denzo take a phone call from his brother.

Wayne arranges for Pete to call to his house and asks Damien to keep him there while he brings Dolores on a blind date. Dolores meets Wayne in McCoys and soon realises that the old man Wayne is trying to persuade her to talk to is her date. She leaves McCoys telling Wayne to let the old man down. He returns to McCoys and Damien makes Wayne kiss Pete's balding head.

Turlough and Neasa agree to be friends. Paul and Niamh keep the spark alive during their meal. Barry agrees to give Rachel grinds. A distraught Zumo admits that he may be responsible for Decco's death.

Tuesday
    Deegan approaches Zumo and asks if Decco had tattoos and a shaken Zumo says yes. Deegan says he will bring photos of the tattooed body, and Vivienne insists that he bring them to her house. Carol gets all dressed up in preparation for Louie's return. Niamh and Yvonne laugh over the Come Dine With Me idea but Orla clashes with Yvonne over who will be the better cook. Eileen and Vivienne comfort each other about Decco.

Christy warns Bob that Louie will be back today and may kick Bob out of McCoys. Meanwhile, Turlough and Neasa flirt. Deegan calls to Vivienne while the Bishops wait for news about Decco. They fail to recognise if the tattoos are Declan's. Vivienne and Eileen fight and Zumo decides to go see the body in the hope that it is not Decco. Louie arrives back and Carol and Louie hide their delight at seeing each other. He relaxes Bob's ban as he is looking after Turlough.

At Carnegie, Vivienne cries as she looks at old photos of the boys. There is a knock on the door, and when she answers Decco collapses asking for help. He reveals a stab wound but refuses to say what has happened. She rushes off to the surgery to get medication for him. Orla vents to Niamh and Carol about Yvonne's superior attitude. Louie and Carol waste no time in getting it on.

Neasa and Turlough bond when she confides in him about how vulnerable she feels sometimes and how she puts on a 'dumb blonde act'. He tells her how he used to scam people. Zumo arrives at Vivienne's and is shocked when he sees Decco and attacks him for putting them through unnecessary grief. He insists that Charlotte stay with Eileen for safe keeping and Decco leave before nightfall.

Orla arrives in Vinos and her apology to Yvonne turns into another row - one that Louie can't control. Carol tells Christy that she will go looking at wedding venues and informs Louie that he can come along for the fun. Neasa overhears Bob talking to Turlough about the time he walked into rehab. Vivienne ensures that Decco stays the night with her. He cries saying how scared he is.

Wednesday
    Vivienne lies to Zumo that Decco is gone. She is concerned that Decco's wound is infected. Neasa accuses Turlough of maintaining his disability as a penance. He loses it with her and tells her to mind her own business. He calls her a 'stupid little girl'. Yvonne tells a disappointed Niamh that Orla is uninvited to the 'Come Dine With Me' night. Orla gives out to Niamh when she learns that Niamh is still going to attend the night.

Judith calls to Vivienne's to check on her as she is pretending to be sick. She agrees to get penicillin for Vivienne who feels horrendous for lying to her. Deegan approaches Zumo and tells him the body isn't Decco's. Zumo pretends to act relieved. Neasa and Bob fight about Turlough and she refuses to serve him. Bob tells her that he is not going to take that and goes to speak to Louie. He nearly walks in on Carol and Louie kissing. They are unsure if he caught them kissing.

Bob insists to Turlough that he sees a physiotherapist and books an appointment with Turlough. Later Robert wonders to Bob if his physical disability is physiological. Zumo and Vivienne sit down to dinner with Decco. He tells them he wants out of Ritchie's gang. He tells Zumo he was right about everything and he should have listened to him. He faints when he has to ring Ritchie to tell him he's leaving the gang. Christy answers Carol's phone and learns that she never went to view the wedding venue. She lies, saying that she went but didn't bother meeting the manager as she thought the venue looked 'jaded'.

Niamh and Yvonne are the only people to turn up for Yvonne's dinner party and Niamh discovers the extent of Yvonne's loneliness. Turlough asks Neasa to meet him. He apologises to her and tells her he is going to resume rehabilitation. He tells her he is not interested in her and he only wants her as a friend. Carol ends the affair with Louie, telling him it is too stressful and she is going to get caught.

Thursday
    Christy offers to help Carol with the wedding. Zumo insists to Deegan that he does not know where Decco is. He calls to his mother's house and tries to make Decco leave the flat, but he is too unwell. Zumo leaves disgusted. Judith discovers that painkillers are missing and Robert calls the guards again. Carol tells Louie that they can only talk about work in work. Later, Christy feels the brunt of Louie's frustration.

Niamh begs Yvonne and Orla to become friends and they reach an uneasy truce. Neasa confides in Carol that she opened up to Turlough but was rejected. A suspicious Deegan calls to Vivienne's apartment and questions her about Decco. She covers for him. She tells him she wants to know what trouble he is in. He confesses his horror at witnessing the murder of an informant. Ritchie tried to make him pull the trigger but he froze. The informant he was trying to kill stabbed Decco and then Ritchie shot him.

Carol meets Turlough in the park and asks him why he won't give Neasa a chance. Christy is delighted when Carol arrives home and realises that they both have the night off. Christy asks Carol is he feels he is taking her for granted. She persuades Orla to help her get out of her night with Christy so she can spend it with her and the other girls. Eileen and Vivienne speak about Decco and their fears for his safety. Later, Eileen tells Zumo that he needs to step up and help his brother and get him moved before Deegan finds him.

In Yvonne's flat, Orla panics when she realises that she has burnt the lasagne. Yvonne produces a ready-made lasagne and puts in the oven. They hide the packaging and pretend that it's home-made. Turlough asks a delighted Neasa on a date. She tells him she is going to help him walk. The girls have a lovely dinner in Yvonne's house and compliment Orla. Orla is gutted when Niamh only gives her a six out of ten for the food. Niamh notes how quiet Carol is. Deegan calls to Vivienne's apartment with a search warrant and they take Decco away for questioning. He denies all knowledge of the murder. Vivienne begs him to tell the truth but he proclaims he'd rather be locked up.

Just to say... I have read on twitter that Doug is out of the soap for a short while but will be back :):D

Just to say... I have read on twitter that Doug is out of the soap for a short while but will be back :):D
    Ah Great! Delighted to hear that! :D:D

Ah Great! Delighted to hear that! :D:D

Me too, as I think Doug and Pete have a great partnership and Doug is a great character, probably just taking a short break and then with us again very soon.. least they gave him a mini exit and didn't just forget about him a la Dean style :D

Me too, as I think Doug and Pete have a great partnership and Doug is a great character, probably just taking a short break and then with us again very soon.. least they gave him a mini exit and didn't just forget about him a la Dean style :D
    100% Agree! I felt sorry for him with such a low key exit. I thought he was worth more than that, he's a cracking young actor :)

100% Agree! I felt sorry for him with such a low key exit. I thought he was worth more than that, he's a cracking young actor :)

He certainly is, can't wait for him to come back! :)

Would love FC to bring Duncan back, he was one character that always made me laugh, really loved when he was sharing the place with Zumo :pac::D

000419db-545.jpg

Meet the actors: Jim Bartley.

Bela Doyle, former ladies man, always a charmer. In later times a devoted father, and husband, Bela has tried to make amends for his philandering days in the past. But can he go on taking the blame for his daughters' bad behaviour?

We put some of your questions to Jim Bartley.

You had a minor role in Coronation Street in 1974. What was the experience of that like?
    It wasn't a minor role, they had planned to develop it. They were all nice people but I was homesick. I played the nephew of a scrap merchant.

How much do you think English Soaps differ from Irish Soaps?
    Irish soaps are more real.

Of all the roles, apart from Bela (naturally) which one did you enjoy playing most?
    The part of Conway (the baddie) in Taffin.

Why do you think Fair City has stayed so popular over the years?
    Irish people relate to it. Also great acting, writing and direction.

You starred alongside Pierce Brosnan & Alison Doody in the film Taffin in the 1980s. What was that experience like?
    Very exciting and very busy.

Is there much of a difference from when you started on Fair City, until now?
    It's busier.

Do you have a favourite moment or a favourite storyline from all your time on the show?
    My favourite moment was when Suzanne was leaving the house to get married. I cried in the scene.

Are you still in contact with the original stars from the show like Martina Flynn who played Anne Clarke & Kira Carroll who played your daughter Helen?
    No, life goes on.

Has Bela's relationship with his children changed much since Rita's illness?
    Yes, he feels very alone and doesn't want to lose them.

Do you feel protective towards Sarah Flood, as though she was your daughter?
    Very definitely, I love her.

If Bela was to go back to his old ways, who from Carrigstown would he go after?
    Nobody, it would have to be a stranger.

What has been the most difficult storyline you have had to play?
    Suzanne beating up Damien, and Yvonne giving up her children.

What has been your biggest challenge as an actor on Fair City?
    Getting up at six am!

Why and how did you get into acting?
    From school days and it came naturally.

What was the first part you played?
    It was in the The Remarkable Mr. Pennycracker, in the Olympia 1958.

What would your dream role be?
    The next one.

If you hadn't been an actor what would have done?
    A soccer goalkeeper or worked in PR.

Who is your favourite movie actor of all time?
    Anthony Hopkins.

What advice would you give to anyone who wants to become an actor?
    It's no use 'wanting' to be an actor. You must 'need' to be an actor, then you'll do it.

Is it me or was his interview consisting of answers short to the point.. not very interesting I am afraid... very poor in fact :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,443 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Is it me or was his interview consisting of answers short to the point.. not very interesting I am afraid... very poor in fact :(:(

He must have been having a bad day.
    Not a great interview by any accounts.

kippy wrote: »
    He must have been having a bad day.
    Not a great interview by any accounts.

I think that is the worst meet the cast member interview they have ever had.. he showed no personality in that one at all :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

000419db-545.jpg

Meet the actors: Jim Bartley.

Bela Doyle, former ladies man, always a charmer. In later times a devoted father, and husband, Bela has tried to make amends for his philandering days in the past. But can he go on taking the blame for his daughters' bad behaviour?

We put some of your questions to Jim Bartley.

You had a minor role in Coronation Street in 1974. What was the experience of that like?
    It wasn't a minor role, they had planned to develop it. They were all nice people but I was homesick. I played the nephew of a scrap merchant.

How much do you think English Soaps differ from Irish Soaps?
    Irish soaps are more real.

Of all the roles, apart from Bela (naturally) which one did you enjoy playing most?
    The part of Conway (the baddie) in Taffin.

Why do you think Fair City has stayed so popular over the years?
    Irish people relate to it. Also great acting, writing and direction.

You starred alongside Pierce Brosnan & Alison Doody in the film Taffin in the 1980s. What was that experience like?
    Very exciting and very busy.

Is there much of a difference from when you started on Fair City, until now?
    It's busier.

Do you have a favourite moment or a favourite storyline from all your time on the show?
    My favourite moment was when Suzanne was leaving the house to get married. I cried in the scene.

Are you still in contact with the original stars from the show like Martina Flynn who played Anne Clarke & Kira Carroll who played your daughter Helen?
    No, life goes on.

Has Bela's relationship with his children changed much since Rita's illness?
    Yes, he feels very alone and doesn't want to lose them.

Do you feel protective towards Sarah Flood, as though she was your daughter?
    Very definitely, I love her.

If Bela was to go back to his old ways, who from Carrigstown would he go after?
    Nobody, it would have to be a stranger.

What has been the most difficult storyline you have had to play?
    Suzanne beating up Damien, and Yvonne giving up her children.

What has been your biggest challenge as an actor on Fair City?
    Getting up at six am!

Why and how did you get into acting?
    From school days and it came naturally.

What was the first part you played?
    It was in the The Remarkable Mr. Pennycracker, in the Olympia 1958.

What would your dream role be?
    The next one.

If you hadn't been an actor what would have done?
    A soccer goalkeeper or worked in PR.

Who is your favourite movie actor of all time?
    Anthony Hopkins.

What advice would you give to anyone who wants to become an actor?
    It's no use 'wanting' to be an actor. You must 'need' to be an actor, then you'll do it.

From the tone of the answers given, Jim Bartley did not want to do that interview, was telling the person doing the asking to hurry up and get to the next question and not to ask too many more.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭annieire

Could his answers have been any shorter!! I must say im a little disappointed by that interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Three IFTA nominations for Fair City. Sarah Flood for Best Actress, Eamon Morrissey for Best Supporting Actor, and Hilary Reynolds for Best Writer. All well-deserved, in my opinion, but I feel bad for Maclean Burke.

http://tinyurl.com/625emey

I doubt they'll win the main ones against the more fashionable entries like Love/Hate, but I hope Eamonn Morrissey has a chance. He's such a respected figure, and it would be nice to see him get something.

Three IFTA nominations for Fair City. Sarah Flood for Best Actress, Eamon Morrissey for Best Supporting Actor, and Hilary Reynolds for Best Writer. All well-deserved, in my opinion, but I feel bad for Maclean Burke.

http://tinyurl.com/625emey

I doubt they'll win the main ones against the more fashionable entries like Love/Hate, but I hope Eamonn Morrissey has a chance. He's such a respected figure, and it would be nice to see him get something.

Well done to all 3 but surely Maclean should have got the nomination, that is deeply unfair to me :(:(

Grrr. Ted Gannon should have got the nod :(

No way Neasa....she could have anyone....but him????:mad:

max life wrote: »
    No way Neasa....she could have anyone....but him????:mad:
    I don't think she's the picky kind ;):D:D I'd say they will turn her into another Niamh and Yvonne and she'll work her way through most of them :D

I don't think she's the picky kind :D

Pick me Neasa....Pick me....;)

max life wrote: »
    Pick me Neasa....Pick me....;)
    Awwh.... Poor Max, you sure got it bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Epicurus wrote: »
    Sylvester Garrigan & Anthony Farrell to give Carol more of a choice.
    Lauren McAleer.
    Peter Brennan
    Nicola/Oisin/New Child, Philipa & Donal Maher
    Magda Reyes

Yes, yes yes! Anthony Farrell is fantastically sleazy, bring him back! I'm so thrilled that my two favourites Bob and Turlough are back and not only that, but have a weird alliance going on. Can't wait to see what happens when Louie gets back to Carraigstown. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I wonder what shenanigans Bob Charles will get up to tonight:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement