Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dubhillbilly

Fair City was great tonight. I thought all the girls looked fab and glamorous and it was great to see Niamh has a fun side. Plus she was really funny in that scene when describing Christy to Carol. After seeing Clelia Murphy on various TV shows I think she is very funny. The writers need to give Niamh more humorous situations, they're wasting her natural talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Could bob murder Turlough or vise-versa:eek:

That was definitely what they were hinting it...
    If they turned Bob into a serial killer, I reckon he'd be the most likeable serial killer on TV (even more likeable than Dexter)... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

Fair City was great tonight. I thought all the girls looked fab and glamorous and it was great to see Niamh has a fun side. Plus she was really funny in that scene when describing Christy to Carol. After seeing Clelia Murphy on various TV shows I think she is very funny. The writers need to give Niamh more humorous situations, they're wasting her natural talent.
    Oh agreed! I thought Niamh was hilarious! Haven't really seen that side to her before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Very ignorant question from Carol tonight in relation to Turlough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The writers need to give Niamh more humorous situations, they're wasting her natural talent.

Her and few of the others have done so many voiceovers on the radio at this stage, I cant take them serious any more....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Bob is miles ahead of the rest of the cast - last nights episode was one of the best I've seen in a while. I didn't like that whole 'homeless' situation at all, found it quite unbelievable for his character, but now he's back and he's brill.

I found the fact that yvonne was included in the girls night in quite unbelievable - I've heard of building bridges, but it was just a step too far for any of the other women to even want her there...particularly niamh!!! I know it's been said here before that they are now 'friends', but seriously....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

Fittle wrote: »
    I found the fact that yvonne was included in the girls night in quite unbelievable - I've heard of building bridges, but it was just a step too far for any of the other women to even want her there...particularly niamh!!! I know it's been said here before that they are now 'friends', but seriously....
    Completely UNBELIEVABLE!! :mad: Why would they think we'd buy such a ridiculous idea! a total farce! Paul was upstairs! Carol got a box of free mixers and Yvonne wants to take turns cooking dinner! WTF ! not buying any of it! :mad: :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Completely UNBELIEVABLE!! :mad: Why would they think we'd buy such a ridiculous idea! a total farce! Paul was upstairs! Carol got a box of free mixers and Yvonne wants to take turns cooking dinner! WTF ! not buying any of it! :mad: :confused:
    I have to agree. I think it is lazy scriptwriting.
    I am glad to see Dolores and Pete having more screentime. They both have been in the background for a while now. I love that fact that Wayne doesnt like Pete getting it on with his ma :D
    Is it just me, or are the clothes Niamh was wearing last nite hideous. It looked like she was wearing a curtain !!!:mad:

Alice1 wrote: »
    Oh agreed! I thought Niamh was hilarious! Haven't really seen that side to her before.
    There was a glimpse of it before when she was with Keith. I am wondering what next they can do with her character? she's kind of done it all, whats left for her now? Any ideas?

max life wrote: »
    I am glad to see Dolores and Pete having more screentime. They both have been in the background for a while now. I love that fact that Wayne doesnt like Pete getting it on with his ma :D
    Is it just me, or are the clothes Niamh was wearing last nite hideous. It looked like she was wearing a curtain !!!:mad:
    From the Total Ridiculous to the Brillant ! Pete, Dolores and Wayne, Brillant! :D And about time! I agree that Niamh's wardrobe leaves a lot to be desired at times :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 tomcruiser

Do they film fair city with old camcorders?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Completely agree! She always wears clothes that suit her figure...but that curtain last night was atrocious! Was it supposed to be her casual gear!! I love niamh - think she's terribly attractive and has amazing hair...but surely they could have something more casual for her than that monstrosity last night!

From the Total Ridiculous to the Brillant ! Pete, Dolores and Wayne, Brillant! :D And about time! I agree that Niamh's wardrobe leaves a lot to be desired at times :o SORRY DON'T KNOW WHY THIS POSTED TWICE! ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i really am enjoying the whole bob & turlough thing. also really enjoying pete & delores! thought they were cute last night :)

i hope bob doesn't turn into a serial killer.. :( i dunno i just like his character and like him being around!

she's kind of done it all, whats left for her now? Any ideas?

Get back with Barry?

Get back with Barry?
    Yeah, he's been in limbo for a while now, but I don't see Niamh going there again, maybe someone more like the Doctor's hubby (they're too happy for soapland :D). They'll have to do something, imo it's a pity they married her off. She was such a strong, independent character. She knew what she wanted and she got it! The old Niamh would never have let someone tell her what to do, the other night when Paul stopped her going out, there's no way the old Niamh would have stayed in, she would have turned on her heel and stormed out the door!! They've turned her into a moany auld one! :( I want the old Niamh back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Afraid I am behind the episodes again... Not watched any since last Thursday :eek: too many to catch up on... catch up at weekend! :D

Vote for Fair City: http://www.rte.ie/ten/tvawards2010/vote.html

and get the chance to win tickets to go to the IFTA Awards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,646 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Niamh needs to get with a younger guy she needs a toyboy for herself maybe Mark :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Loving the Sophadine (Codine) storyline from Zumo - I wonder will he sell me a box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Niamh needs to get with a younger guy she needs a toyboy for herself maybe Mark :D

Or a woman. Could be the reason behind her new found friendship with Yvonne.

It says that he was making good progress walking.. ???

0612_Aoibhin-Garrih_759085t.jpg

I guess Turlough is back in the game....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

It says that he was making good progress walking.. ???

0612_Aoibhin-Garrih_759085t.jpg

I guess Turlough is back in the game....
    God, she looks fine in that picture..;)
    I think its a bad storyline between her and Turlough. Do the writers expect us to believe that, someone as gorgeous and shallow as neasa, would be interested in someone, old enough to be her father, and in a wheelchair????:mad:

I think its a bad storyline between her and Turlough. Do the writers expect us to believe that, someone as gorgeous and shallow as neasa, would be interested in someone, old enough to be her father, and in a wheelchair????:mad:

Now who is being judgemental? :rolleyes: You don't have to date someone the same age as you? What does being in a wheelchair have to do with it? Why does it even matter and why is it even being mentioned?

She was after Louie who was older than her? Do you think Damien was good enough for her? I know you are an uberfan or whatever but sometimes it feels like you don't talk about anything else than her.. Maybe you are Neasa :eek:

angel01 wrote: »
    Now who is being judgemental? :rolleyes: You don't have to date someone the same age as you? What does being in a wheelchair have to do with it? Why does it even matter and why is it even being mentioned?
    I agree with Max. She is meant to be shallow and materialistic, and this doesnt fit her character up to this point.
    She was after Louie who was older than her?
    I think most of ye on here consider him good looking... and he's rich..
    Do you think Damien was good enough for her?
    She owed Damien's company money. She slept with him to get him off her back (metaphorically not literally).. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Hi there, been reading this forum for a long time and this is my first time posting :) I would love to see Mondo back in it! I had such a crush on him when I was younger..

Hi there, been reading this forum for a long time and this is my first time posting :) I would love to see Mondo back in it! I had such a crush on him when I was younger..

Welcome to the thread.. wasn't a Mondo fan I must admit :o but never the less, welcome to the madness :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Whats wrong with having to use a wheel chair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Friend of mine from work was at funderland last Saturday and she saw Niamh and Sarah there! She got a great photo and said they were both very nice!!
    I know it's based on the characters they play but it's strange to imagine them as friends in real life!! Lol!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement