Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

deelite wrote: »
    I hope this is not history repeating itself (but it would be a terrific storyline if it was the case - weird but different). Is young Rachel going to develop a crush on Barry - just like her stepmother did all those years ago?

Snap! I was thinking the same thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

To me, I wouldn't like it :( Rachel is a bit too young... :o

How old was Niamh when the storyline with Barry happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

angel01 wrote: »
    To me, I wouldn't like it :( Rachel is a bit too young... :o

How old was Niamh when the storyline with Barry happened?

15 or 16 I think.

15 or 16 I think.

Thats why I feel it is not right to have a storyline like this with Rachel. As far as I know, she is 13 I think.. maybe 14 at most

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

15 or 16 I think.

She was doing her leaving cert so 17 or 18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭glengirlie

I hope this is not history repeating itself (but it would be a terrific storyline if it was the case - weird but different). Is young Rachel going to develop a crush on Barry - just like her stepmother did all those years ago?
    I really hope not, that would not be nice. He is soooo much older now, than when Niamh was a teen. They could pick someone a little closer to her age if they are going to go down that route, but I reckon, Rachel will have some very good story lines in the years to come.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

glengirlie wrote: »
    I really hope not, that would not be nice. He is soooo much older now, than when Niamh was a teen. They could pick someone a little closer to her age if they are going to go down that route, but I reckon, Rachel will have some very good story lines in the years to come.

If they were involved in such a realtionship, wont he end up in jail now.

SPOILER BELOW... BE WARNED>>>>>

An injured Decco staggers back to his mother Vivienne's home in Carrigstown after he is stabbed. His mother feared the worst for her missing son after Detective Deegan informed the family on Sunday night that a body had been found, which they believed to be Decco's.

The garda told the family the body was unrecognisable -- but when he revealed the victim had a number of tattoos, the family asked the officer to bring photographs of the body art to their home. Vivienne and her other son Zumo prepare for the worst -- only for Decco to stagger home injured while Zumo decides to see the body for himself in the morgue.

Upon opening her front door, Vivienne is confronted by an injured Decco, who collapses and asks his mother or help. He reveals a stab wound but refuses to say what has happened. A fearful Vivienne rushes off to the surgery to steal medication for him when he refuses to go to the hospital.

Zumo arrives a short while later and is shocked when he sees Decco and attacks him for putting them through unnecessary grief. He insists that younger sister Charlotte, who is battling cancer, stays with grandmother Eileen for safe keeping and Decco leaves before night fall.

Vivienne ensures that a weak and vulnerable Decco stays the night with her. He later breaks down to his mum, telling her he is scared for his life.
    "For Decco to turn to his mother shows how frightened he is," said David O'Sullivan, who plays Decco.

"He obviously has no one else who will help him and feels that Vivienne is the only person he can trust in this situation. "Decco has hated Vivienne since she returned to Carrigstown. He blames her for a lot of things that have happened to him in the past. But when the going gets tough it seems that his mum is the person he needs to most.

"Who knows maybe this is the beginning of something special between Decco and Vivienne. But his reappearance into her life may also spell trouble for her."

Deise Tom wrote: »
    If they were involved in such a realtionship, wont he end up in jail now.

Yeah I think he would go to Arbour Hill for it - what if Rachel develops a crush on Barry (throwing herself at him etc.,) but he doesn't act on it....leading Niamh to have a bottle of wine with Barry and recall "old times" in more ways than one....

Two things if the garage is losing money how come Keith is up to his eyes?

Secondly - I waited to see Decco's tattoo - seeing as there was a big discussion about the size of it before he turned up at the door - and surprisingly when he disrobed there was no sign of one (unless there's one on his buttocks or inner thigh) or unless I need to go to Sight Savers....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Dublin people do not say 'Anyways'...they just don't...!!! And Dublin Grannies don't wear aprons 24/7...whether they work on Moore St or not! They have OTHER clothes arrrggghhhh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

I'll say it once and I'll say it again! Zumo can't act! Otherwise, a pretty decent episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mont_

Can any1 tell me where Neasa got her coat that she was wearing in tonights episode (18.01.11)!!!

Mont_ wrote: »
    Can any1 tell me where Neasa got her coat that she was wearing in tonights episode (18.01.11)!!!

Might be best asking the wardrobe department in RTE :p

Fittle wrote: »
    Dublin people do not say 'Anyways'...they just don't...!!! And Dublin Grannies don't wear aprons 24/7...whether they work on Moore St or not! They have OTHER clothes arrrggghhhh!!

Oops I say it :D and I am from Dublin... you must not have met my mother then :eek::D

You're quite right about "Anyways" I normally say "Inanyways".....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I'm luvin the whole Bob and Turlough story line.
    I thought Carol was great on the girls night out. Her sharp wit is brilliant,...I'd like to see more of it. Thought her and Louie were going to get caught last night when they were snogging in the office. The box of chocolates was a bit of a lame pressie though. Considering the expensive necklace he gave her recently.
    I'm not convinced by the Bishops. They're becoming a bunch of "softie toughies". I preferred it when they were causing trouble for the locals.
    I'm also really enjoying the Wayne and Pete story. I get a good laugh from Wayne. He plays the part of a sponger really well.

You're quite right about "Anyways" I normally say "Inanyways".....:D

Nobody I know puts an S at the end of it....I've heard 'Inanyway' (Im a northside dubliner myself:D) and I've known women who wear aprons around the house....but please FC wardrobe, take that apron off that woman when she's not pottering around her own home, or working in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I know plenty of people who say 'Anyways' - you couldn't possibly know all the people in Dublin, so why would you say no one say it?
    I'd be inclined to agree with you re: the apron, but I'm sure there's a couple of oddballs out there who were them all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

I'm finding the carol and louie affair hard to stomach. Carol offering to look for the wedding venue so that she and himself can meet up at random hotels...I know it's a soap but the close proximity of the 3 of them in the pub plus Christie being such a softie is annoying me :rolleyes:....I think Carol and Louie are definitely better suited but I am assuming that Carol doesnt want to hurt Christie and so she is still staying with him but is it realistic that Louie would accept this situation? How do you think Carol and Louie see the future panning out for them???

• Advertisement

please FC wardrobe, take that apron off that woman !

Fittle and Eileen Sitting in a Tree K I S S I N G :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"We're more than friends, Turlough".. she's known him for what..... a week now???? The storyline is completely unbelievable...

Agree! More than friends - where did that come from:confused:

And somebody please...Zumo, Dublin's hardest criminal..drinking a pint of MILK in the pub and the local Gard doesn't bat an eyelid:confused: Did he have heartburn!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭thesultan

The costumes people would really need to sharpen up the woman's dress sense on the show. Nice dresses, shiny leggings and whatever else is in fashion.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fittle viewpost.gif
    please FC wardrobe, take that apron off that woman !

lol the actress must be sick of putting it on!! :o
    Getting like Jim Royle in the Royle Family and that same tee shirt every episode :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

A little off topic but was at the cinema last night and saw the trailer for the new Clint Eastwood film Hereafter? and saw the actor who plays Turlough in the ad. Fair play to him.

xalot wrote: »
    A little off topic but was at the cinema last night and saw the trailer for the new Clint Eastwood film Hereafter? and saw the actor who plays Turlough in the ad. Fair play to him.

I am behind in episodes... again :o but I am warming to Turlough...

"We're more than friends, Turlough".. she's known him for what..... a week now???? The storyline is completely unbelievable...

Jealousy will get you nowhere ;):D

Did that happen in last night's episode, Im a little behind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Neasa and Turlough???? I'm not buying it. I think Damien should give her a shout now that Suzanne has moved out. ( I know what I'd like to give her):D

• Advertisement

Lorna Quinn, a native of Newtownforbes and a well established actress on local and national stage, has landed a role on Irish national television. Lorna will play the part of Lucy Mallon in Fair City.

Lucy, a new character to the popular television show, meets with long-time character Dolores Molloy in a storyline about being a donor.

"I (as Lucy) meet Dolores at a Donor's Seminar. My character had received a cornea transplant in her early twenties," said Lorna, speaking to the Leader this week. "The storyline is about the interaction between Lucy, Dolores and Dolores' son Wayne Molloy. It lasts a week." The show, which will be aired during the last week in January, will focus upon Dolores dealing with the fact that her daughter Jessica who passed away, donated her corneas. Dolores wonders if Lucy has Jessica's corneas.

For Lorna, the experience of working with Fair City was second to none. "It was amazing. I loved it from beginning to end. Fair City really is one big happy family. They were all really helpful," said Lorna, who has spent a lot of her professional career working in the theatre. The make-up, wardrobe, props were all really well done too. I grew up watching Fair City so it was surreal to be working on the show."

So is there a likelihood that Lucy Mallon will return to Fair City?

"When I was in auditions there were long term plans for her to come back, so I'm hoping that will be the case," said Lorna.

"I'd love to do more television and film and branch out more from theatre. That said I love the theatre and the live audience."

Lorna, who is a daughter of Rheda and Frank Quinn of Newtownforbes, feels honoured to have been given a role on the soap.

"I hope that I'll be able to continue on this strength for years to come," said Lorna.

Lorna previously played the lead role of 'Woman' in Elizabeth Moynihan's latest play 'Tic', which opened in September at the Focus Theatre, Dublin.

She is also a former member of St. Mel's Musical Society and the Backstage Youth Theatre Group. Lorna took part in the Theatre Tent at Electric Picnic last September in 'Andy Warhol's Nothing Special'.

shapeimage_10.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement