Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

5 major characters are being written out :eek: ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

PMSL at Bob and Zumo :D:D:D

Poor Seamus :(:(

Arrggghhhhhh!

Who died in the fire I missed it all and the aftermath!
    ??

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Arrggghhhhhh!

Who died in the fire I missed it all and the aftermath!
    ??

Annette died in the fire, Bill died in the hospital.

You can still watch the episode online: http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1058900

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Lol this show is the funniest on TV, the acting is probably the worst I've ever seen in my life. Especially that scene where that buck teethed one was kidnapped.. Was on last week some time.

Dave147 wrote: »
    Lol this show is the funniest on TV, the acting is probably the worst I've ever seen in my life. Especially that scene where that buck teethed one was kidnapped.. Was on last week some time.

Oh what a lovely post :rolleyes:

angel01 wrote: »
    Annette died in the fire, Bill died in the hospital.

You can still watch the episode online: http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1058900

Ahhh damn!! I wanted Bill to get caught out and flung in jail >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Oh what a lovely post :rolleyes:

It's the level of detail that impressed me. It would be so easy to come on and say "Everything is rubbish!", but it takes real discipline to look at individual performances, analyse what the episode demanded, point out where the actors went wrong, and offer suggestions for future handling of similar scenes. But that's exactly what Dave did.

Oh, hang on. He didn't.

Mind you, I think I agree with him about Annette. At her best she was great, but most of the time she seemed clunky and wrong. I know you're a fan, but did you not think Seamus really showed her up in the kidnap scenes? He seemed to be really suffering and struggling, but she looked as if she was playing at it.

That scarf was so stupid. She should have insisted on tying it properly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Who would you deem major then? she worked in one of the biggest business in Carrigstown and lived with Keith and Sarah so was friends with big characters.

Being honest, I don't know why you bother watching, you seem to always take a negative spin on things.

I can think of more major carracters,

McAleer
    Christy
    Bella
    Carol
    Paul
    Niamh
    Keith
    Sarah
    Barry

theres lots more major caracters than Saoirse. All she ever seemed to do was to be in the garage.

• Advertisement

Hope its boiling hot!

lol

good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Deise Tom wrote: »
    theres lots more major caracters than Saoirse. All she ever seemed to do was to be in the garage.

Nonsense, she was heavily involved in the sex books storyline, so she had plenty of time in her home with that.

Then she used to be in the pub, it was where she met Una that first time. And also where she met Sarah before she moved in.

She wasnt just in the garage you know

Orla and Sarah are both pregnant, I imagine Orla is in it for a while more.

Ya, they can do a great job to cover up the bumps most of the time.

Ya, they can do a great job to cover up the bumps most of the time.

They'll be standing behind shubbery, holding newspapers in front of their bellies, lugging huge handbags, and eventually appearing only from the neck up. It must be difficult for the directors.

Good episode tonight, I thought. Seamus acted Barry off the screen at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

What will happen between Christy and Ren?

I can think of more major carracters,

McAleer
    Christy
    Bella
    Carol
    Paul
    Niamh
    Keith
    Sarah
    Barry

There was more to Saoirse than just that. out of that list, lose Paul & Niamh, the rest no way :eek:

padocon wrote: »
    What will happen between Christy and Ren?

She throws herself at him :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

They'll be standing behind shubbery, holding newspapers in front of their bellies, lugging huge handbags, and eventually appearing only from the neck up. It must be difficult for the directors.

Good episode tonight, I thought. Seamus acted Barry off the screen at the end.

I'd say that was a challenge...

Fair City has been cropping up a good deal on other shows. It's on the Republic of Telly every week, with a good chunk about Bill in last Monday's episode. Bill, Annette and Captain Charisma were interviewed on the Afternoon Show yesterday. It was good fun.

You can catch them both on the RTE Player. It's about sixteen minutes into the Republic of Telly, and very near the end of the Afternoon Show.

Fair City has been cropping up a good deal on other shows. It's on the Republic of Telly every week, with a good chunk about Bill in last Monday's episode. Bill, Annette and Captain Charisma were interviewed on the Afternoon Show yesterday. It was good fun.

You can catch them both on the RTE Player. It's about sixteen minutes into the Republic of Telly, and very near the end of the Afternoon Show.

Thanks for that :) will have a look when i get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I don't think Annette's dead at all - her body was never brought out of the fire - the building just exploded - I bet she's coming back into it.

I'm not a bit happy with Stephen's noticable absence behind the bar.

deelite wrote: »
    I don't think Annette's dead at all - her body was never brought out of the fire - the building just exploded - I bet she's coming back into it.

I'm not a bit happy with Stephen's noticable absence behind the bar.

You have not been watching so, as they were talking about when the funeral will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

You have not been watching so, as they were talking about when the funeral will be.

I was watching it but I still think she's alive - there could have been some unknown person sleeping in there and nobody noticed (I mean Tracy's been gone for ages and nobody has batted an eyelid). And that poor unknown person could have been dragged out and everybody thinks it's Annette but it's not.

I was watching it but I still think she's alive - there could have been some unknown person sleeping in there and nobody noticed (I mean Tracy's been gone for ages and nobody has batted an eyelid). And that poor unknown person could have been dragged out and everybody thinks it's Annette but it's not.

In all fairness, as much as I love Annette, that would make Fair City a bit of a farce if she was still alive when they have discussed her death, funeral etc.. someone sleeping in there? surely Bill, Annette and Seamus would have noticed??

Carol is too loved up and too focused on Renee to worry about where Tracey has gone. Noone must be ordering taxi's as Leo has done a runner and who is cooking all the meals in the hungry pig or tapas bar as Dean has vanished :D

Not to mention the management of Vinos has walked out, Louie :(:(:( Yvonne, Connie, Bela & Suzanne, some operation they have there :D:D

Just watched them on the afternoon show, awww I really liked that. they all seem to get on so well and when they played that first clip of Annette all those years ago... the hair :eek::eek:

I don’t think the fire was so bad that Annette’s body was not recognisable. I would say that she would have died as a result of smoke inhalation more than as a result of burns.

I don’t think the fire was so bad that Annette’s body was not recognisable. I would say that she would have died as a result of smoke inhalation more than as a result of burns.

In that interview, she is dead so lets move on...

I love Zumo and his gran :D:D haha Orla and her bag already!

Does this mean Duncan has left as well if Orla gets that job? Can we fast forward till Heather and Brendan finish this trial thing. *yawn*

• Advertisement

Does this mean Duncan has left as well if Orla gets that job? Can we fast forward till Heather and Brendan finish this trial thing. *yawn*

I hope he is, or if he is not maybe Barry will get rid of him, as Orla i think would be far better at the job.

Anyone know what you get for writing for a paper like the North Side Post full time, as Barry and Sarah have both given up teaching to work for the paper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement