Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

cpaul wrote: »
    Please don't tell me people watch Fair City because they think it's good...it can't be for that reason...it can't...please...no!!!

You neednt worry, we dony watch it because its good either. I personally only watch it from abroad because I know its brilliant. A lot better than some of the rubblish churned out over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

padocon wrote: »
    Annette is leaving???

Erm....:p
    Epicurus wrote: »
    You neednt worry, we dony watch it because its good either. I personally only watch it from abroad because I know its brilliant. A lot better than some of the rubblish churned out over here.

Well said, I hate all this "oh english stuff must be better" I think Fair City is brilliant and I love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Whatever about the morality of Ray's actions recently, I am pretty shocked by the Social Welfare Department. It's great that they take fraud seriously, but isn't this just a little bit over the top?

troublee.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I was in the RTE canteen yesterday and only spotted 1 FairCity regular ... Dermot.

6th wrote: »
    I was in the RTE canteen yesterday and only spotted 1 FairCity regular ... Dermot.

Oh I love him. they were probably filming on location or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

Is it pretty easy to spot them in RTE? Can anyone just go into the canteen? I really miss Dean and Leo, Have i missed something? Have they gone to Spain with Troy or something?

Enjoyed last weeks fire episode, i have rewatched it a few times..

Iwas out in RTE to appear on The Den so I dont know if anyone can just go in. Probably not. http://www.rte.ie/tv/theden/ice/ ... I'm in the Ghostbusters T-shirt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

MaryCat! wrote: »
    Is it pretty easy to spot them in RTE? Can anyone just go into the canteen? I really miss Dean and Leo, Have i missed something? Have they gone to Spain with Troy or something?

Enjoyed last weeks fire episode, i have rewatched it a few times..

Yep, anyone can go in :) You can wander onto the set and watch the filming and whatnot too, I always drop by whenever I have a hospital appointment for some lunch, usually see plenty of them in the cantine.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

But I've been a long time lurker, and an even longer time viewer. God forgive I actually express an opinion.
    You send in your opinion any time, KidShilleen. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

angel01 wrote: »
    Oh I love him. they were probably filming on location or something.

FC is usually on set. 99.9 percent of the time, anyway.

• Advertisement

Cris Jones wrote: »
    FC is usually on set. 99.9 percent of the time, anyway.

Well they were probably filming at the time then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

ROTFL!! Im just reading through the whole thread here. Some of the posts are hilarious! LOL @ Dominic and his sandwiches!!
    Angel, Louie?? Really?? He kind of reminds me of the butler in the Addams family! Not my cup of tea at all!

MaryCat! wrote: »
    ROTFL!! Im just reading through the whole thread here. Some of the posts are hilarious! LOL @ Dominic and his sandwiches!!
    Angel, Louie?? Really?? He kind of reminds me of the butler in the Addams family! Not my cup of tea at all!

Oh yes Louie indeed... He is so lovely... ahhh...

I do miss Dominic :D it was fun seeing how often he would have a sandwich :D

Christmas Day: After a series of kitchen break-ins, Leo hears scrabbling noises at the bread-bin. Rushing downstairs with a baseball bat, he is astonished to find that Dominic has returned.

sandwichman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Meller wrote: »
    Yep, anyone can go in :) You can wander onto the set and watch the filming and whatnot too, I always drop by whenever I have a hospital appointment for some lunch, usually see plenty of them in the cantine.

Are you sure anybody can wander in off the streets and have a coffee in the canteen. If this is true I'd better email Louie and warn him of Angel's coming for teas and biscuits......

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

deelite wrote: »
    Are you sure anybody can wander in off the streets and have a coffee in the canteen. If this is true I'd better email Louie and warn him of Angel's coming for teas and biscuits......

Hahaha, yes, you most certainly can. :) The cantine is quite nice :p
    The best thing I've ever seen / heard whilst there was Leo (well, the actor playing him) looking through the skips and telling the binman how he has a shed. I always passed by Cass (or once again, the actor) chasing after his dog and calling them - it must be his dog in RL too.

deelite wrote: »

Now there is an idea :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

And the raspy breathing has finally stopped !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

thank god bill is dead. he has been the singularly most annoying character in FC for ages. worse than caitriona and duncan combined

Poor Bill :D:D

Does this mean seamus is still alive? Please say yes

• Advertisement

Christmas Day: After a series of kitchen break-ins, Leo hears scrabbling noises at the bread-bin. Rushing downstairs with a baseball bat, he is astonished to find that Dominic has returned.

sandwichman.jpg

Dominic must have had some serious work done in london; he's looking a lot better for it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Was anyone else really hoping that Barry would finish Bill off and then be brought to court... again... I presume this means Seamus is still alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Here's a plot I'd like to see happen in Fair City. Zumo continues to push his not inconsiderable weight around Carrigstown and has a brush with Charlie again. This time Charlie has a Charles Bronson reinvention and manages to lure Zumo to the lockup where he is overpowered and tied up. Charlie would then tell Zumo what he thinks of him and his type in a long and emotional tirade.
    Given that we've already had a death by fire scene, there must be some other way of disposing of Zumo so the he's killed and Charlie gets away with it. Any ideas out there to finish this plot ?

Charlie and Zumo become lovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Meller wrote: »
    Hahaha, yes, you most certainly can. :) The cantine is quite nice :p
    The best thing I've ever seen / heard whilst there was Leo (well, the actor playing him) looking through the skips and telling the binman how he has a shed. I always passed by Cass (or once again, the actor) chasing after his dog and calling them - it must be his dog in RL too.

The security man is seriously on the doss! I work in RTE and we're not allowed on the fair city set! I know it's okay for people to come into the canteen to meet employees etc but I thought you had to have a reason to be on the premises, like taking part in a programme or on a school tour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Was kinda sorry to see Bill go last night :( He`d really grown on me. Now I guess its back to brendan and ugly co and that effin coutcase:rolleyes:

Was kinda sorry to see Bill go last night :( He`d really grown on me. Now I guess its back to brendan and ugly co and that effin coutcase:rolleyes:

Brendan is surely going to jail, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

myxi wrote: »
    The security man is seriously on the doss! I work in RTE and we're not allowed on the fair city set! I know it's okay for people to come into the canteen to meet employees etc but I thought you had to have a reason to be on the premises, like taking part in a programme or on a school tour!

They only ever question people coming in in cars. Walking in on foot is never an issue.

About the end of last night's episode. Technically speaking, did Barry murder Bill? I know he was in a bad state already, but doesn't grabbing and shaking someone violently constitute an assault? If you assault someone and they die ten seconds later, that looks a lot like murder.

The last couple of shots of Barry seemed to confirm it - he looked pretty evil in the shadows, behind the bars of the window-blinds.

Maybe they're going to remake Porridge as a Fair City spin-off, with Barry as Fletcher and Brendan as Godber. All they need is Deegan as Mr Mackay, and we could have comedy gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Christmas decorations going up on the set today! YAY!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement