Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cpaul

angel01 wrote: »
    Erm....:p

Well said, I hate all this "oh english stuff must be better" I think Fair City is brilliant and I love it :D

Who mentioned anything about "oh english stuff must be better" - I don't watch any other soaps - fair city is the only one for me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

myxi wrote: »
    The security man is seriously on the doss! I work in RTE and we're not allowed on the fair city set! I know it's okay for people to come into the canteen to meet employees etc but I thought you had to have a reason to be on the premises, like taking part in a programme or on a school tour!

Eh? Never been a problem for me. About a year ago now, we were walking on the Fair City set and somebody was working there jokingly asked, "have you got your passes?" as we passed by and we were all "uh... no" and he was like "only joking :pac:" so we asked him if it was genuinely okay for people to be on the set. He said that it was absolutely fine and even told us when they filmed and that anybody can come and watch as long as you're quiet, and there are always other people watching and such too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Alice1

Oh someone should post the address so that Angel and I could go - she could gaze lovingly at Louis- I would leer lecherlously at Deegan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Alice1 wrote: »
    Oh someone should post the address so that Angel and I could go - she could gaze lovingly at Louis- I would leer lecherlously at Deegan!

:D:D:D

Great idea... :D

Just watched yesterdays episodes, it clashes with X Factor :o How guilty must Barry feel now, I would have strangled bucko bill in that bed. I am still missing Annette :( Just hope Seamus pulls through now.

Is Heather pregnant? :eek: she has either put on weight or is up the spout.

Bob makes me laugh. Great character with wonderful one liners.

Come back Louie :(:(

About the end of last night's episode. Technically speaking, did Barry murder Bill? I know he was in a bad state already, but doesn't grabbing and shaking someone violently constitute an assault? If you assault someone and they die ten seconds later, that looks a lot like murder.

The last couple of shots of Barry seemed to confirm it - he looked pretty evil in the shadows, behind the bars of the window-blinds.

Maybe they're going to remake Porridge as a Fair City spin-off, with Barry as Fletcher and Brendan as Godber. All they need is Deegan as Mr Mackay, and we could have comedy gold.

bloody hell bucko bill deserved it. I would have had great pleasure in doing it myself. Bill murdered 3 people, he deserves it. :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

They only ever question people coming in in cars. Walking in on foot is never an issue.

You shouldn't have told me that :D:D:D

Another Fair City competition:

For this month's competition we want you to...

Answer the following question...
    What is the title of the book Heather wrote about Floyd...?
    The prize this month is a Fair City is a Fair City bag.
    To enter the competition..
    . Send an email to faircity@rte.ie
    . Please put Competition No. 6 in the subject line
    . In your email, tell us your answer
    . And don't forget to include your name and full postal address
    Only one answer per person will be entered in the draw
    Closing date: Saturday December 5th. The correct answer will be published on the webiste on Monday December 7th.
    The name of the winner will be published with the correct answer. If you prefer not to have your name published, please let us know in your email.

Seems Seamus survives then :)

0002b798-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 177

Tuesday November 3rd

Carol and Christy are feeling the strain of having Renee around.
    Sarah allows Barry to use her house as a temporary office.
    Brendan and Heather are under pressure with the court case looming.

0002b79a-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 178

Wednesday November 4th

Christy and Renee reminisce which leads to a kiss.
    Eileen Bishop is suspicious of Bob and Zumos dealings.
    Orla gives Barry some advertising advice for the Nothside Post.

0002b79c-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 179

Thursday November 5th

Sarah gives Orla a piece of her mind.
    Charlie shares his nuggets of wisdom.
    Eileen Bishop gets one over on Zumo.

0002b79e-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 180

Sunday November 8th

Barry and McAleer toast to their friendship.
    Bob tries to con Charlie but Charlie is no fool.
    Brendan's nerves are at him.

Seeing as you have all vanished on me :(

What also annoyed me was Niamh's reaction, I wanted to slap her over and over again :mad: SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Now that feels better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Seeing as you have all vanished on me :(

What also annoyed me was Niamh's reaction, I wanted to slap her over and over again :mad: SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Now that feels better :D

Winniewhinefar wont like that :D

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »
    Winniewhinefar wont like that :D

haha, she really annoyed me. I wish Paul would have said something to her, though it was good seeing Ray go back to Paul's and Christy happy that all is well.

From those pics, why and how would he kiss Renee? has the men no blooming sense.

From those pics, why and how would he kiss Renee? has the men no blooming sense.

I suppose under the circumstances with the trial and all about floyd, sense goes out the window. Just hope Carol doesnt find out.

I suppose under the circumstances with the trial and all about floyd, sense goes out the window. Just hope Carol doesnt find out.

I love Christy and Carol. Renee go with Bob and leave them alone :( Bob makes me laugh, I adore him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Alice1 wrote: »

It's in RTÉ - if you don't know where RTÉ is, just ask someone...
    The Fair City exterior set is way down the back... walk past the canteen and veer right through the grassy area and you'll see it... It's not hard to find...

It's in RTÉ - if you don't know where RTÉ is, just ask someone...
    The Fair City exterior set is way down the back... walk past the canteen and veer right through the grassy area and you'll see it... It's not hard to find...

Can anyone walk about there? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Yes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

I bet she clamps herself to his face like the creature from Alien. I will be surprised if he has much choice in the matter.

I bet she clamps herself to his face like the creature from Alien. I will be surprised if he has much choice in the matter.

She really does annoy me. She can't stand to see anyone else with him. Can you imagine if Carol finds out :eek:

She really does annoy me. She can't stand to see anyone else with him. Can you imagine if Carol finds out :eek:

I hope she does, and I hope she doesn't restrict herself to shouting. One scene of Carol chasing Renee down Carrigstown High Street with a manky mop and a slop-bucket, and I will double my licence fee this year.

(Legal note: this is not true.)

What's going to happen with Bob and Renee? They don't really look like a couple any more.

Let's assume they break up, and Christy and Renee get together again. Does Bob leave Carrigstown? That would be a disaster. Does Renee? If she does, she will take Christy, and that would be even worse.

But if the papers are right, five major characters are going to be written out between now and Christmas. Renee and Christy would be two big names at a stroke. Assuming Brendan is found guilty, that gives us our five (including Bill and Annette).

It also leaves Bob and Heather together in Carrigstown, both isolated, both lonely....

Interesting possibilities there. She certainly has a history. But could they really stand the loss of Christy?

I hope she does, and I hope she doesn't restrict herself to shouting. One scene of Carol chasing Renee down Carrigstown High Street with a manky mop and a slop-bucket, and I will double my licence fee this year.

What's going to happen with Bob and Renee? They don't really look like a couple any more.

Let's assume they break up, and Christy and Renee get together again. Does Bob leave Carrigstown? That would be a disaster. Does Renee? If she does, she will take Christy, and that would be even worse.

But if the papers are right, five major characters are going to be written out between now and Christmas. Renee and Christy would be two big names at a stroke. Assuming Brendan is found guilty, that gives us our five (including Bill and Annette).

It also leaves Bob and Heather together in Carrigstown, both isolated, both lonely....

Interesting possibilities there. She certainly has a history. But could they really stand the loss of Christy?

Oh no, I wouldn't like to see Christy go, I reckon if he did, Louie would buy the shop, another shop to add to his impressive empire :D I wouldn't like to see Renee go either but I will start a petition if Bob is forced out :mad::D I like Bob and to put him with Heather would kill me. She sucks the life out of people with her constant moaning and nagging.

Seriously is there no chance of Paul & Niamh being hit by a typhoon or something :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Five characters have gone - the two gerbils, Bill, Annette and Saoirse?????

deelite wrote: »

I forgot about Saoirse. We could probably include Caitriona as well.

I forgot about Saoirse. We could probably include Caitriona as well.

Oh yes Saoirse is gone and Caitriona. Where has this one gone?

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/characters/gloria_leahy.html

Amazing she makes it on to the cast list :eek:

Oh yes Saoirse is gone and Caitriona. Where has this one gone?

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/characters/gloria_leahy.html

Amazing she makes it on to the cast list :eek:

Maybe it means they plan to bring her back. Did we ever find out which of the lads was her father?

Maybe it means they plan to bring her back. Did we ever find out which of the lads was her father?

Hardly likely now i'd say seen as Ringo is off to Coronation Street.

I don't think it was Keith, am thinking it was someone totally different. Most pointless character, same with Ringo, seeing as he isn't coming back either.

deelite wrote: »

The 2 gerbils...Paul and Niamh gone as well then

Bill wouldnt have been a major character though would he. He was only in it for a few weeks.

The 2 gerbils...Paul and Niamh gone as well then

Bill wouldnt have been a major character though would he. He was only in it for a few weeks.

He was pretty big though as he married a central character in the soap. He was in it longer than a few weeks. He is in Fair City since July:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61141374&postcount=1520

so that makes it over 3 months...

He breathed new life into it all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah of course... Think it's Thursdays and Fridays that they film all the outdoor stuff...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement