Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I hope he is, or if he is not maybe Barry will get rid of him, as Orla i think would be far better at the job.

Anyone know what you get for writing for a paper like the North Side Post full time, as Barry and Sarah have both given up teaching to work for the paper.

Barry can hardly go back teaching after having a relationship with a pupil? Its not all about the money... its about getting your foot in the door (for sarah) and Barry owns the paper.

I miss Duncan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

Does Barry own the paper? I thought Barry was only d'editor and McAleer owned it, no?

Had to smile when I saw Orla with the giant bag this evening!

Oooh, isn't Renée bold? Throwin' herself brazenly at poor Christy!

Anybody see Deegan? (I'm pining)

Alice1 wrote: »
    Does Barry own the paper? I thought Barry was only d'editor and McAleer owned it, no?

Oooh, isn't Renée bold? Throwin' herself brazenly at poor Christy!

Anybody see Deegan? (I'm pining)

Barry bought the paper from McAleer. McAleer was going to sell to Louie (still missing him :(:() but sold to Barry in the end.

Not only the bag, did you see her with the big cushion as well :D

No sign of Deegan or my Louie :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

angel01 wrote: »
    Barry can hardly go back teaching after having a relationship with a pupil? Its not all about the money... its about getting your foot in the door (for sarah) and Barry owns the paper.

Did Barry have a relationship with a pupil as well. I know Sorcha had one with Ross. Who was Barry with?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Epicurus wrote: »
    Did Barry have a relationship with a pupil as well. I know Sorcha had one with Ross. Who was Barry with?

Script writers at times do a good job recycling stories. Barry had a relationship with Niamh, and if memory serves me right, he managed to do something that paul is not able to. Niamh was only a teenager at the time.

did it all start off when he was giving her grines.

• Advertisement

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Script writers at times do a good job recycling stories. Barry had a relationship with Niamh, and if memory serves me right, he managed to do something that paul is not able to. Niamh was only a teenager at the time.

did it all start off when he was giving her grines.

I know about his time with Niamh, but he was teaching for years after that. And if you're talking about getting her pregnant, that was Leo.

I know about his time with Niamh, but he was teaching for years after that. And if you're talking about getting her pregnant, that was Leo.

Memory does not serve me right so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Alice1 wrote: »

I bet you that was Una's bag. It's like a baton that they pass from one pregnant woman to another.

Didn't Barry spend time in a psychiatric institution as well, He got engaged to Niamh as well. I remember he nearly lost his job but Niamh admitted the truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_O%27Hanlon

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Dean (and the annoying blonde one he's going out with!), Louie, Connie, Yvonne, Suzanne and Tracey were all spotted yesterday having lunch so they should be back on screen shortly!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Is and when is Sarah the wagon leaving? Please tell me she is

I am still hoping for Keith and Orla to get together

I hope Carol slaps the hell outta Renee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yenraek

Renee is my least favourite character, luv to rip that horrible pink coat off her, she's been wearing it for far too long. Next least favourite is Barry,
    (no screen presence) followed by that smug git of a Garda, where do they get them from? Would he be allowed to behave like that were he a real Garda? He's horrible.

I too, wish that ridiculous court case storyline was over, it's been dragging on for a bit, even by soap land time!

Rant nearly finished:
    Tell the truth there's not that many good characters in Fair City but the most disgusting one recently was the heavy breathing, perv looking Bill!
    :mad: :mad:
    There! I feel better now!!

myxi wrote: »
    Dean (and the annoying blonde one he's going out with!), Louie, Connie, Yvonne, Suzanne and Tracey were all spotted yesterday having lunch so they should be back on screen shortly!!

:D:D:D god I need to go into that blooming canteen :eek::D

Any sign of Deegan (asking for Alice)

I like Ren cos she was my old drama teacher but this storyline is Zzzzzz inducing. I don't give a fig if Brendan did kill Floyd or not. Such a comedown after the big Annette episodes:(

yenraek wrote: »
    Renee is my least favourite character, luv to rip that horrible pink coat off her, she's been wearing it for far too long. Next least favourite is Barry,
    (no screen presence) followed by that smug git of a Garda, where do they get them from? Would he be allowed to behave like that were he a real Garda? He's horrible.

I too, wish that ridiculous court case storyline was over, it's been dragging on for a bit, even by soap land time!

Rant nearly finished:
    Tell the truth there's not that many good characters in Fair City but the most disgusting one recently was the heavy breathing, perv looking Bill!
    :mad: :mad:
    There! I feel better now!!

Sorry do you like anyone on the soap? :rolleyes: barry is wonderful and as for bucko bill - fair city legend in just 8 weeks :D:D

JP Liz wrote: »
    Is and when is Sarah the wagon leaving? Please tell me she is

I am still hoping for Keith and Orla to get together

I hope Carol slaps the hell outta Renee

Sarah will leave next year, along with Orla, Una is coming back though :D

Oh god not that Kylie. please Fair City bosses write her out :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 EDIROL

Hope it's true that Una is coming back, will miss her.
    Want Orla and Ian to get together, they wud be a great pair, good actors both.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

:D:D:D god I need to go into that blooming canteen :eek::D

Any sign of Deegan (asking for Alice)

No sign of Deegan I'm afraid. I'll keep a look out tho!

Angel you should come in. Friday lunchtime is a great time to visit the canteen. Usually a good few fair citiers around and also tubbers, the news crew, kids programme presenters etc are always around! And there's egg and chips for lunch every Friday!!

myxi wrote: »
    No sign of Deegan I'm afraid. I'll keep a look out tho!

Angel you should come in. Friday lunchtime is a great time to visit the canteen. Usually a good few fair citiers around and also tubbers, the news crew, kids programme presenters etc are always around! And there's egg and chips for lunch every Friday!!

I would be nervous sitting on my own :o Maybe I can ask Louie to share egg & chips with me :D:D

Didn't Barry spend time in a psychiatric institution as well, He got engaged to Niamh as well. I remember he nearly lost his job but Niamh admitted the truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_O%27Hanlon

Going by that article; it was the time he spent in the psychiatric institution that cost him his job; not any teacher pupil relationship; not of barrys doing anyway

Going by that article; it was the time he spent in the psychiatric institution that cost him his job; not any teacher pupil relationship; not of barrys doing anyway

No if you read earlier, Niamhs claims nearly cost him his job.

• Advertisement

Sarah will leave next year,
    :(
    along with Orla,
    :(
    Una is coming back though
    :D

No if you read earlier, Niamhs claims nearly cost him his job.

Ya, i see that. But going from your original post on the matter, you say he couldnt go back teaching after having a relationship with a pupil. Well he had the relationship and was still teaching afterwards. so that cant be the reason fair city wise that he cant go back teaching.

He was pretty big though as he married a central character in the soap. He was in it longer than a few weeks. He is in Fair City since July:

so that makes it over 3 months...
    bucko bill - fair city legend in just 8 weeks :D:D

:D can anyone go any lower than 8 weeks

Sorry do you like anyone on the soap? :rolleyes: barry is wonderful and as for bucko bill - fair city legend in just 8 weeks :D:D

Can't imagine you really mean that!!

I take it then you must be one of those obsessed Fair City fans who doesn't care what the storyline is as long as it has your favourites in it. :)

I take it then you must be one of those obsessed Fair City fans who doesn't care what the storyline is as long as it has your favourites in it. :)

Lol. have you read this thread at all. Louie hasnt been in it for weeks.

I am an addict... yes I admit it...:eek: send me to Fair City prison then :D
    Lol. have you read this thread at all. Louie hasnt been in it for weeks.

No Louie hasn't, don't remind me :(:( Where have Jo & Dermot gone as well?

I am an addict... yes I admit it...:eek: send me to Fair City prison then :D

No Louie hasn't, don't remind me :(:( Where have Jo & Dermot gone as well?
    Although I watch Fair City I just can't get that interested in any of them, so it's hard for me to understand your fascination.
    You sound like a love sick puppy. You need help!

Although I watch Fair City I just can't get that interested in any of them, so it's hard for me to understand your fascination.
    You sound like a love sick puppy. You need help!

Imagine people acting watching a soap and enjoying it, millions of people obviously need help around the world, don't they :rolleyes:

PMSL says the person who spends most of their boards life in PlayTV discussion PMSL!!!

errr I think not. Bye *adds to ignore list*

• Advertisement

jos28 wrote: »
    I bet you that was Una's bag. It's like a baton that they pass from one pregnant woman to another.

Have not seen all of last nights eposide yet, but was it a big black one. All the women must be buying them and selling them in Jo's shop. LOL.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement