Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Eyespy wrote: »
    Can you imagine how much worse his breathing will be now after all that smoke inhalation? :D

Brilliant. I laughed aloud so hard I sounded like Bill having an asthma attack.

Speaking of strange voices, why is Renee so squeaky these days? She sounds like she eats helium balloons for breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Deise Tom wrote: »
    No.

But there was talk of him buying it wasnt there? Or am i watching a different programme.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Could have been watching it on their own at whatever time its repeated during the day though

That is true. Maybe there's a case for a specially edited afternoon version. I don't know how difficult that would be, or whether it would make any sense.

They show Eastenders in the afternoon, all the same. Is Fair City more adult? I get the impression the language is a bit tougher, but whatever the soap is, the big special episodes are pretty fatal.

I don't know what it says about me that I came home and read this thread before I watched the episode, but I've just watched the episode.

Wow. Even without the fire, the other sceneswere tremendous. Christy tells Carol he loves her. Bob loses his fortune. There's an awful lot going on. Cracking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

caught up on the whole week there... entertaining telly to say the least...
    I really hoped that they would've stopped tonight's episode when all 5 (Bill, Seamus, Annette, Barry & Paul) were in the office and then it would've been extra dramatic, because we'd all be like WTF - Barry and Paul were both in the first episode - now one or both of them could possibly die... so that would've been cool... also don't think they should've had a next time bit at the end of tonight's episode... shoulda kept everyone wondering... still great stuff overall though...
    I really want both Bill and Séamus to survive... didn't ever care about Annette myself, so don't mind that, but I think Vinnie McCabe (Séamus) has been doing fantastically in the acting department recently, so it'd be a shame to lose him...
    Hope Ray gives up on his own business and goes back working with Paul and Keith, because he's only gonna get screwed over if he makes a deal with Bob and his fake money...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Where has Sarah gone.

Upstairs like the majority of the cast, who needs explained absences?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    Upstairs like the majority of the cast, who needs explained absences?
    No.
    FC like all soaps, does not have all the cast in each show every time.
    ;)

Cris Jones wrote: »
    No.
    FC like all soaps, does not have all the cast in each show every time.
    ;)

Yeah but in all fairness, how many characters have just disappeared for a few months and then pop back in as if they never left? One or two, grand, but half the cast seems to have disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah but in all fairness, how many characters have just disappeared for a few months and then pop back in as if they never left? One or two, grand, but half the cast seems to have disappeared.

It kinda adds to the realism I think... If you think of the audience as a person that interacts with the cast, it's actually really good, because in real life people come in and out of your life all of the time... it also means you're less likely to get sick of characters... for example when someone like Cass disappears for a long period of time, when they pop back up again, it's like... "Ah yeah, Cass is back... f**kin' legendary..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Yes, and then she told Seamus to go on without her [cliché or what?!] and she just gave up even though she was so close...heartbreaking.

So true. Poor Annette :( I will really miss her.
    Why would anyone run into pub and shout your place is on fire (or similar words) and not dial 999 first.

Panic sets in, you never know what you would do.

Thing is, it is probably that the cast also have other projects to work on e.g. theatre for instance. They don't get that well paid even, even Eastenders have a limit on the amount of characters they can use per episode now. It is all about budgets.

Personally I wouldn't want episodes concentrating on loads of characters, it would get too confusing, they seem to do it well at present :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MsMolly

i thought the special effects were woeful. a wee fire in the corner of the room on the floor and the roof fell on seamus. and when he got the keys he says' cmon annette lets go. just drag her by the scruff and run you eejit.

MsMolly wrote: »
    i thought the special effects were woeful. a wee fire in the corner of the room on the floor and the roof fell on seamus. and when he got the keys he says' cmon annette lets go. just drag her by the scruff and run you eejit.

Oh yes it is always that easy isn't it :rolleyes: still wish Annette had have survived :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

So Annette is dead?

JP Liz wrote: »
    So Annette is dead?

Well quite obviously :(

I came across this pic :(

2iu3nr7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Who is the other partner of Annette's business - Ashton? Is it Yvonne's ex Richard? It's not Anthony is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

deelite wrote: »
    Who is the other partner of Annette's business - Ashton? Is it Yvonne's ex Richard? It's not Anthony is it?

Richard was her business partner, but I think Yvonne said he had died a while back. Anthony definitiely isn't her business partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

So who'll get all Annette's money - as a solicitor she's sure to have made a will? Please don't say Bill

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Maybe all her documents(including her will) were destroyed in the fire ?

:o I emailed the fair city address just to say well done on last nights episode and I got a reply :D I think I may watch it again later :cool::D

• Advertisement

Well done Fair City :D:D

Explosive: Fair City beats both Eastenders and Coronation St!!

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/explosive-fair-city-beats-both-eastenders-and-coronation-st-1929442.html

Guy from Republic of Telly on Fair City:

People ring me and say what are you doing and I'll answer 'Oh I'm watching Fair City,' and they have a great laugh. But you know what, it's actually not that bad. I'm becoming quite the fan, in fact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

jos28 wrote: »
    Maybe all her documents(including her will) were destroyed in the fire ?

What would happen in real life if such a thing happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Bronco Bill would cop for the lot AFAIK. He is her husband after all !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Annette is leaving???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Some guy rang the Gerry Ryan programme this morning and said that while watching last night's episode, he noticed that when McAleer's phone rang it showed Barry's name and a number. The guy rewound Fair City and stopped at the frame and noted the number. He said that he tried ringing the number and although it actually rang, no one answered.
    He tried ringing the number again this morning and this time some bloke answered. Apparently he had already got 42 calls from people who had also noted the number.

chughes wrote: »
    Some guy rang the Gerry Ryan programme this morning and said that while watching last night's episode, he noticed that when McAleer's phone rang it showed Barry's name and a number. The guy rewound Fair City and stopped at the frame and noted the number. He said that he tried ringing the number and although it actually rang, no one answered.
    He tried ringing the number again this morning and this time some bloke answered. Apparently he had already got 42 calls from people who had also noted the number.

That's hilarious. Although it's a bit disturbing that someone would note the number down, and try again in the morning.

Come on, own up. Which one of us was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

chughes wrote: »

Well Barry's probably got more important things to be doing after the fire than answering his mobile.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Epicurus wrote: »
    I had thought that Louie had bought the paper.

Yeah! Wasn't he going to turn into a free-ads paper. Barry would get to stay as editor but Duncan & Sarah would be out of a job..

angel01 wrote: »
    Well done Fair City :D:D

Explosive: Fair City beats both Eastenders and Coronation St!!

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/explosive-fair-city-beats-both-eastenders-and-coronation-st-1929442.html

Guy from Republic of Telly on Fair City:

People ring me and say what are you doing and I'll answer 'Oh I'm watching Fair City,' and they have a great laugh. But you know what, it's actually not that bad. I'm becoming quite the fan, in fact.

Same here...a week ago I would be someone who would laugh at anyone who watched fair city but it's grown on me the past week...although I suppose after this story we won't get another good one for a good while yet...:(

Nice of you to congratulate them on rolling out something decent!
    I really want to ring that number now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cpaul

Please don't tell me people watch Fair City because they think it's good...it can't be for that reason...it can't...please...no!!!

Personally I'm hooked on it but only because it's possibly the best car crash tv ever...the story lines never cease to amaze me :-)

The latest stand-out moment for me....

"He's gonna kill me, he's gonna kill me..."

Oh never mind her, she's drunk...we all get like that after a few. Let her back in to the arms of the strange man from Bosco with the stranger yank accent who's only been around for a couple of months...we trust him totally!

Special mention also to McAleer (spelling?) who caused the yank to draw blood despite the fact in the previous frame it appeared he stabbed the table. Also what a dive he took when that bit of dust fell from the ceiling...I mean the bit that might actually have hurt him was miles away!

I love this show...I just wish it would feature more on Gift Grub :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement